Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Quote Originally Posted by 3n60r63d View Post
    Happy to hear the man say this

Sent: Nov 27, 2011 10:34p

It'll be announced months in advance RT @ThomasMcAndrews: R u going 2 wait as long as last year 2 release the @EDC_LasVegas lineup? #fb

http://twitter.com/PasqualeRotella/s...42354135109632
    About time... The official lineup for this previous year wasn't released until 2 weeks prior to the event. (Even though everyone knew most of the lineup through artists' tour dates)
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest

Quote Originally Posted by OnRepeating View Post
    About time... The official lineup for this previous year wasn't released until 2 weeks prior to the event. (Even though everyone knew most of the lineup through artists' tour dates)
    Last year was an isolated incident due to complications with the City of LA and trying to secure a new venue.

But what about the quality and purity of the free tap water?
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    But what about the quality and purity of the free tap water?
    You're better off just buying bottled water or Powerade.

What are you talking about? The filtered water was fine.
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Don't be so fucked up and the water tastes just fine.

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

free water was great

bottled water was cold all weekend long, which was greater

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Last year was an isolated incident due to complications with the City of LA and trying to secure a new venue.
    They had the venue secured months before the event. Don't see why they couldn't release the lineup earlier.
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest

why you would buy bottled water as supposed to the blue metal refillable water is beyond me. some water booths have water to people with plastic bottles.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

They had the venue secured months before the event. Don't see why they couldn't release the lineup earlier.
    So the exact day you finally secure a venue in a brand new state/city than you originally planned, 100+ DJs are supposed to sign the contract that day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

Quote Originally Posted by pezGato View Post
    as supposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I honestly believe they didn't have a venue locked in until around January. With no venue you can't really book artists, I mean look at what happened to Go Ventures with Monster Massive. The lineup probably didn't even get started until they had secured a venue, then you have to negotiate contacts and things and it's not instant so I think they released the lineup once everything was confirmed. You honestly think they like their Facebook page being flooded with a bunch of people bitching about the lineup not being out? I doubt it, it's bad publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    So the exact day you finally secure a venue in a brand new state/city than you originally planned, 100+ DJs are supposed to sign the contract that day?
    If you can read I said months before the event. They could have released the lineup at least a month before which would have been fine.
    2013 Wishlist:

Anyways, here's my friend's prediction blog. He's been at least 75% right for the past 2 years.

http://edc2012.blogspot.com/
    2013 Wishlist:

Anyways, here's my friend's prediction blog. He's been at least 75% right for the past 2 years.

http://edc2012.blogspot.com/
    You know anyone can just throw shit on the wall and hope most of it sticks...............

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You know anyone can just throw shit on the wall and hope most of it sticks...............
    That's nice.
    2013 Wishlist:

If you can read I said months before the event. They could have released the lineup at least a month before which would have been fine.
    They could have released the lineup at least a month before the event? Really? Oh well in that case, I can see how logic and reason would be irrelevant to your unsubstantiated personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    They could have released the lineup at least a month before the event? Really? Oh well in that case, I can see how logic and reason would be irrelevant to your unsubstantiated personal opinion.
    Sorry I don't buy $200+ tickets to an event I have no clue about the lineup. Keep on "raving" though, bro.

2013 Wishlist:

Sorry I don't buy $200+ tickets to an event I have no clue about the lineup. Keep on "raving" though, bro.

I don't know how that relates to the discussion at hand but whatever.
    *brofist*
    *chestbump*

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    I honestly believe they didn't have a venue locked in until around January. With no venue you can't really book artists, I mean look at what happened to Go Ventures with Monster Massive. The lineup probably didn't even get started until they had secured a venue, then you have to negotiate contacts and things and it's not instant so I think they released the lineup once everything was confirmed. You honestly think they like their Facebook page being flooded with a bunch of people bitching about the lineup not being out? I doubt it, it's bad publicity.

January - June. Still a good amount of time to book artists and release a lineup.
    2013 Wishlist:

You think so? When most of those artists are booked for big events almost a year out?

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Point is, they had their reasons. You saw the shit Coachella got when they added a headliner 2 weeks before the event in 08. I think EDC just wanted to get it fully complete and not play the "adds" game.

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    You think so? When most of those artists are booked for big events almost a year out?
    I was going off this...

Never agreed, just saying in that case.

2013 Wishlist:

How many 3 day festivals have you put together in 6 months? Just curious since you seem to know they could have released it sooner than they did. I think there are far more variables at play than you know about.

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    Point is, they had their reasons. You saw the shit Coachella got when they added a headliner 2 weeks before the event in 08. I think EDC just wanted to get it fully complete and not play the "adds" game.
    ...but it wasn't complete. There were so many TBAs on the lineup when they released it! They played the "adds" game either way!

That being said, I don't care when the lineup comes out since I'm going to go regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

The adds game sucks with rumors also: I was really excited for Mr. Oizo and another dj (feddi or sasha?) as they had made a page for them and once EDC sold out, they just didn't fully book them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    The adds game sucks with rumors also: I was really excited for Mr. Oizo and another dj (feddi or sasha?) as they had made a page for them and once EDC sold out, they just didn't fully book them.
    same with dave nada. i don't understand how that works.

That's nice.
    It's true, and you know it. EDC repeats about 80% of their acts each year, and all they insert is the new flavor of the month.

Ahhh, yes I was excited about the Dave Nada thing, read a lot on it, especially it being live and then nope

Love the moombahton - Riverside is a fucking great track