Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

If you are really into the lineup at EDC, I could see how it would be better than Coachella. I don't think it's a fair comparison, however, since Coachella has a lot more variety in their lineups. I don't ever really love the lineup at EDC but I always have so much fun there and am sad I missed it this year. Thanks for the writeup, Mug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Yeah, the one day I attended EDC it was the most fun I've ever had at any event.

That wasn't you. That was the E talking.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Yeah, the one day I attended EDC it was the most fun I've ever had at any event.
    That's because you started and ended that trip at my house. It had nothing to do with the actual event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    That wasn't you. That was the E talking.
    I think it was everything but. I have a great story about when I met Andrew there, he almost killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    That's because you started and ended that trip at my house. It had nothing to do with the actual event.
    Casa de Casey did provide top notch hospitality and entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Anyone who actually believes EDC > Coachella deserves to be shot.

Shot in the stomach and tied to floor at the hard dance stage so they can be stomped on for eternity. You people are delusional, get some fucking sleep.
    Wow what is the matter with you, did you even go to EDC this year? It was phenomenal

Eh probably my last year. Seems like it's changing and Saturday sucked..Friday was awesome..I felt that the crowd were all new...same as mugwog I had people taking photos of me while I was just trying to dance lol time for a new fest with a good crowd
    2012w1
    2013w1

The audio is bassy, but the fireworks went absolutely perfectly with the end of Above & Beyond's set

Green Velvet > Umek > John Digweed > Carl Cox last night was phenomenal. Too bad it took me three hours to get out of the parking lot when it ended.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

What does 'eat some paper' mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

This weekend was a disaster. Great artists but just not worth it anymore. Sorry I am not going to get there at 7 pm and stay till 7 am. There is literally 8 lanes out there for 100,000 people. The venue is awesome and perfect for an event like this but with the infrastructure set in place in Vegas it will never happen. Returning was a disaster, even hours after it was over. And your right, I knew this before coming, i knew the not so back route, I just did not expect it to be this much worse then last year. The only positive thing I can say about it is the way the fire marshal handled Saturday, instead of sending drunk and high kids home, let them stay till they were going to stay. Oh and Carl Cox and Chase and Status.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Green Velvet > Umek > John Digweed > Carl Cox last night was phenomenal. Too bad it took me three hours to get out of the parking lot when it ended.
    wow, I left 10 minutes early and got out of the parking lot immediately, I was parked in the lot over by gate A

Gaiser was my favorite the entire weekend. So much energy from his set. Love his use of drops and effects. Too bad I only saw him for 30 mins cus gf wanted to see Calvin Harris but it got shut down. What a waste!!

Overall I didn't really like edc this year. Every fucken song on other stages were electro garbage. Kaskade electro, trance stage had electro. Wtf. Might not be going to edc for a while until their lineup becomes better. Techno stage became a little repetitive, woulda loved some tech house...

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    wow, I left 10 minutes early and got out of the parking lot immediately, I was parked in the lot over by gate A
    It literally looked like a scene from a post-apocalyptic movie with cars just parked in random directions, people sitting on top of their cars, and just total absolute chaos. Weird side-story, as I sat there waiting, my ex-gf from five years ago pulled up in the car next to me and our cars literally sat next to each other for about 2 hours. Talk about awkward.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Wow what is the matter with you, did you even go to EDC this year? It was phenomenal
    He's a fucking elitist.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Great write up Mugwog! Disappointed that we didn't meet up on Saturday, I had no service and obviously meeting up at Richie was a no go.

My g/f and I had such an amazing time this weekend. Every artist we saw was great and everyone was so friendly, great vibes going all around. Obviously we were really bummed that Saturday ended early, but luckily we caught Andy C, Digitalism, Bassnectar, and Calvin Harris (for the g/f). We were both really sad that we didn't get to see Richie Hawtin though. Overall great times this weekend, we'll for sure be going back next year.

Favorite sets from the weekend: Bassnectar, Benassi, A&B, Carl Cox, John Digweed, Andy C, Digitalism, Pretty Lights, and Knife Party
    Last edited by SepaGroove; 06-11-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    DEMF had a tornado last year and nothing was stopped. Amateur hour.
    Yeah but no fucking fireworks. No fucking fireworks, bro.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    It literally looked like a scene from a post-apocalyptic movie with cars just parked in random directions, people sitting on top of their cars, and just total absolute chaos. Weird side-story, as I sat there waiting, my ex-gf from five years ago pulled up in the car next to me and our cars literally sat next to each other for about 2 hours. Talk about awkward.
    Damn that really sucks,.I must have been lucky or something, I parked in the same parking lot each night and it never took me more than 90 seconds to leave. I stayed until the end except Saturday I left at around 2:30.
    Last edited by nick5745; 06-11-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Would someone mind filling me in on this back route in case I decide to attend again next year?

Second that.

What does eating paper/cinnamon toast crunch mean?
    Also back route please!

Lurker

I got to my car around 5:45am on Friday and waited in traffic for three hours. After learning my lesson, I decided to leave around 4:30am on Sunday. It took 30 minutes to get back to the strip. I also left the strip around 6pm everyday and it was very easy to get to the speedway. I guess if you decide to leave around 8pm, you will hit a lot of traffic.

I also second the comment about the crowd at EDC. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and welcoming everyone was. My last EDC was 2010 in the Coliseum where I had some bad experiences with people and the crowd in general. I also do not think it is fair to compare the crowd at EDC to the crowd at Coachella since they attract different people.

The "back route" I believe is if you exit the speedway and instead of driving 2 miles towards the Strip, you drive on that same road but in the other direction away from the speedway and eventually reach the freeway.

I'm curious about which parking lot you guys all parked in and had to wait 3 hours to get out, that sounds horrible. The Speedway is such a perfect venue for EDC but its terrible that there is only one long road to get out of it

First to all who had a bad time, that's too bad, it sounds like the traffic jam really killed it for most people, just move to Los Angeles for a few years and you learn to not care about traffic, in addition to merging at the right time so you don't have to wait in the back of the line of cars. I got in within an hour each day, and when I made a left out of lot 7/8/9 it took about 40 minutes to get back to the strip after you hopped on N LV Speedway to the 15.

Personally I found there to be a large variety of EDM music, much more than Coachella gave us this year. Sure we had SBTRKT and FlyLo, but those two don't account for AVICII/AFRO/ETC (Sahara Hell) which was basically the mainstage at EDC (Which I never went to once this year).

Definitely a better EDC compared to the LA one.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    What does 'eat some paper' mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedMoreChorizo View Post
    Second that.

What does eating paper/cinnamon toast crunch mean?
    lulz I am a wizard flying thru the colors.

If you are really into the lineup at EDC, I could see how it would be better than Coachella. I don't think it's a fair comparison, however, since Coachella has a lot more variety in their lineups. I don't ever really love the lineup at EDC but I always have so much fun there and am sad I missed it this year. Thanks for the writeup, Mug.
    That would be my quote for the festival comparisons, also Coachella over 9 years changes a lot.

Good company is the key to any successful festival I feel. If I didn't meet up with my family of Camp Fancy Pants from Coachella the last few years it would have been different for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Oranix View Post
    Techno stage became a little repetitive, woulda loved some tech house...
    Pleasurekraft on the 22nd @ Avalon!

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Great write up Mugwog! Disappointed that we didn't meet up on Saturday, I had no service and obviously meeting up at Richie was a no go.

My g/f and I had such an amazing time this weekend. Every artist we saw was great and everyone was so friendly, great vibes going all around. Obviously we were really bummed that Saturday ended early, but luckily we caught Andy C, Digitalism, Bassnectar, and Calvin Harris (for the g/f). We were both really sad that we didn't get to see Richie Hawtin though. Overall great times this weekend, we'll for sure be going back next year.

Favorite sets from the weekend: Bassnectar, Benassi, A&B, Carl Cox, John Digweed, Andy C, Digitalism, Pretty Lights, and Knife Party
    Yeah, super bummed we didn't get to do the group meetup and I didn't get a techno night with Hawtin, but there is Pleasurekraft the 22nd! I am definitely making EDC one of my annual festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by soursour View Post
    Would someone mind filling me in on this back route in case I decide to attend again next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedMoreChorizo View Post
    Second that.
    Gotta read this thread more thoroughly. The info was posted on this thread last week. Backroute it not what Nick mentioned as far as getting to the venue, but that is the best way to leave the venue as opposed to going thru the 70k people going back towards the strip also.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

is there a recording out there of hawtin's set at drais last weekend?

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post

Definitely a better EDC compared to the LA one.
    I will have to echo this statement. I went to EDC 2010 and had such a bad experience there. I stopped going to EDM festivals for a year and decided to skip out on EDC 2011 too. I'm glad I made it to EDC 2012. Sunday was probably one of the best nights of my life. Also, everyone at EDC this year was friendly and welcoming, unlike 2010 in the Coliseum.

Yeah being moved to LV really did shake a lot of ghetto out of EDC. Most derp folks don't have gas money to get Vegas after buying a ticket for over face value. I highly doubt there were many folks who could sneak in to LV compared to LA's EDC

Is it just me or did it seem like a lot more people in Vegas are actually there for the music and experience as opposed to rolling their faces off? At EDC 2010 when I was in the coliseum it seemed as if at least 80% of the people were rolling whereas in Vegas this percentage seemed to be much lower. People seemed to really love the music, I also did not go to the main stage at all. The Circuit Grounds (trance stage) was incredible all 3 nights, and the Cosmic Meadow was as well at least on Sat. and Sun. Only was at the Neon Garden and Basspod stages for a few acts but they also seemed cool, and everyone at the Q-dance stage was enjoying themselves I wonder if that stage will be brought back next EDC, was a little surprised it was there for all 3 days. Bummed about the second half of Saturday but things would have been much worse if people ended up getting injured so I'm glad that didn't happen. Definitely going again next year and the lineup will probably have less big name cheese DJ's at least that's how Pasquale made it sound in this: http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indus...07272952.story

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    is there a recording out there of hawtin's set at drais last weekend?
    Richie recorded it so I'm sure it will come out

Lol, I went. I had an excellent time. It's no Coachella. EDC's lineup aside from Saturday and Sunday's Cosmic Meadow absolutely sucked. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oranix View Post
    Gaiser was my favorite the entire weekend. So much energy from his set. Love his use of drops and effects. Too bad I only saw him for 30 mins cus gf wanted to see Calvin Harris but it got shut down. What a waste!!
    Damn dude you shouldn't have left Gaiser. He was throwing the fuck down. I left when Dubfire came on to go to the bathroom, by the time I came out of the bathroom the overhead lights were on and they were ushering people into the grandstand. I never actually went into the grandstand, just chilled on the grass before it was apparent they were not going to turn the music back on (about 1:30-2:30) and then we just dipped. Shitty ending to an amazing Saturday with Digitalism > Wink > Magda > Gaiser all killing it. Best sets of the weekend have to go to Magda and Gaiser.

Still pissed about Richie.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    He's a fucking elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Lol, I went. I had an excellent time. It's no Coachella. EDC's lineup aside from Saturday and Sunday's Cosmic Meadow absolutely sucked. Simple as that.
    Yeah it isn't a Coachella, its completely different and some people enjoyed it more than Coachella this year, myself included. That doesn't really make them delusional and if electronic is your favorite type of music its really understandable