Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Oranix View Post
    Magda is spinning on Saturday of edc. I'm gonna assume that richie and the minus guys will be Saturday as well. Yee.
    Richie Hawtin present Enter is an "arena" he's taking to festivals with a lineup he curates, so yes that's a guaranteed it will be saturday. I thought that was the day they would put that on so it's nice to have it confirmed.

new confirmation
    sebastien leger on sunday

Count out Danny Tenaglia, he's resigning from DJing and won't be at either EDC

https://www.facebook.com/DannyTenagl...50648499516507

If you can to explain how minimal is derived from Techno; then I'll explain how Techno is derived from House and we can go from there. It's asinine, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Wait. I need to hear more about techno being partially derived from house music.

Incidentally, (pure) house music is partially derived from classical music.

And incidentally, classical music is partially derived from that first sound a baby makes when they exit the womb.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    need a deep house stage, please!!! droog played the best house set of coachella and it was in the heineken dome

This x2.

I'm not going to explain how minimal is derived from techno because I never made such a claim.

11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore
    11/21: DJ Harvey @ PW
    11/24: mr. Gnome @ Bottom of the Hill
    11/25: DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist @ Fox Theater Oakland
    11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/4: Avi Buffalo @ Brick and Mortar
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/11: tUnE-yArDs, Cibo Matto @ Fox Theater Oakland
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

To be honest EDC's line up is looking great! Must fight the urge to buy a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I'm not going to explain how minimal is derived from techno because I never made such a claim.
    Exactly, there's nothing you and I need to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalstereo View Post
    If you can to explain how minimal is derived from Techno; then I'll explain how Techno is derived from House and we can go from there. It's asinine, is it not?

Techno isn't derived from house music, it was derived from classic electronic music you dumb twat.

Also Danny Tenaglia sounds like such a whiny douche, wahhhh I lost mah bag.

"Dear Friends, please, just LET me BE, LET me BE! >> The Time Has Come for ME to "finally" BE MYSELF!! I have been telling people for so many years now to JUST BE YOURSELF!! But for me, being myself was living with 1 foot in a closet and 1 outside "trying" to BE the happiest DJ on Earth, which I have been, and give the World the best I had to Give because I know how happy I have made people with the gift of music from GOD and this has been a great blessing .... so I simply Could Not Stop!! Since everything has CHANGED since I first realized I wanted to BE a DJ forever like playing records" and getting a job in nightclubs back in the early 70's (gag) and now here I am at 51, been around the world many times, put over One Million Miles in the sky, 3 full Passports and my Heart has been YEARNING for something New & Different besides music. BUT, as I have been trying to STOP and make BIG changes like finally calling my home in Miami since 2006 HOME, but was always to busy between NY residencies and travels and it's been getting the best of me lately. Airplanes, Airports, Hotels, Foreign-isms, and what can I say: I HAVE SEEN THE MOUNTAINTOP as a DJ and I just need to STOP and smell the roses of my life and simply try to "Grow Up and BE who I really am" but "everything" - including the need for finances to afford my Loft of 10 years in NY which I can no longer afford and must let go of by July . . . I know many people think I am wealthy but I assure I am not! I have lived well and have very nice things to show for my earnings, but I cannot stop working!! When I say I have been writing for the past 5 days, it has been DEEP!! I kept starting over and over and it's turned into a major journal and sooooo much of this I promise I want to share with ALL of you, The Good and The Bad, but thankfully it's mostly good! ON my way home on Wed from DR & Montreal I was having a bad day as I had a head cold, and there's no enjoyment in an airplane or in a hotel room out of the country with a headcold .... anyhow, I was traveling back to Miami alone as my co-workers flew back to NY and I was just looking out the window the whole flight and for 3 hours I was just thinking HOW AM I EVER GOING TO PROPERLY RESIGN (not retire) . . . And when I got home I realized I left a small carry on murse bag with many personal things, keys, passport and so on and at first all I could feel was FURY!! I tried everything between Lost & Found and the car service, but as my ID was in there and now 6 days later no return, well all I can say is that THIS has been The Revelation that I needed to say: LADIES & GENTLEMEN: As of this day, I am "resigning" (not retiring) and all future gigs will sadly BE canceled except for My Belated Birthday @ Pacha on Sat April 28th! This will BE my final gig until I feel I am ready to return back to the decks. This is thee hardest decision I have ever had to make in my career, but if not now, then when?? I apologize to all parties involved but I think most people that know me personally know that this has been coming! I have performed at WMC 26 years in a row! I have played every year in Ibiza since 2000! It's time for ME to Stop and settle down, move out from the loft which will BE a very MAJOR ordeal . . . OMG!! I have soooooooooo much STUFF!!! There is no way I can do all this and travel and have a life . . . Only I can make the decisions of what stays and what goes, including what I will do with over 10,000 records, etc etc etc ....... SO in closing: I LOVE YOU ALL and I just wanna Thank U 4 Lettin me BE MYSELF all these years, and now I beg you to please continue with me in my journey and my quest for something new and wonderful. I will never give up my first love with MUSIC, but there has to BE something else (or someone) out there waiting for me! >> I promise to keep updating here, but I needed to do this today - in order to BE FREE & BE ME!! Please BE kind, this has not been easy and I am a very sensitive person. God BE with US all! See you soon!! "
    No loss since he hasn't been good since the early 00's anyways
    Last edited by hangthedj112; 04-18-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    need a deep house stage, please!!! droog played the best house set of coachella and it was in the heineken dome
    That would never ever happen. I mean I love deep house, but that wont happen unless by stage you mean more of a "lounge area". Which would still be pretty damn cool
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    That would never ever happen. I mean I love deep house, but that wont happen unless by stage you mean more of a "lounge area". Which would still be pretty damn cool
    It's happened before, there was one year at EDC when OM Records had their own stage and it was awesome. Mark Farina has played a few EDC's in the past and played some of my more memorable sets. I agree it's not going to happen this year but it's not unheard of.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 04-18-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Has anyone noticed that the satellite shot taken of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Google was taken during the process of assembling EDC 2011?

Indeed.

Also: In his twitter Pasquale was asked if the main stage would be facing the seats (since he previously stated that seats would be available this year).

He replied with something to the effect of: I dont like calling any stage the mainstage, but the stage on the grass (cosmic meadow?) will face the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by DingoGonzalez View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the satellite shot taken of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Google was taken during the process of assembling EDC 2011?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by OddZilla View Post
    Indeed.

Also: In his twitter Pasquale was asked if the main stage would be facing the seats (since he previously stated that seats would be available this year).

He replied with something to the effect of: I dont like calling any stage the mainstage, but the stage on the grass (cosmic meadow?) will face the seats.
    You could sit in the seats last year it just wasn't anything entertaining because no stage was really set up for that so it was pointless.

That's too bad, I liked the way the Cosmic Meadow was set up last year.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Besides the farris wheel what other rides does edc usually have?

^swings, which couldn't be more fun while rolling

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    you guys are raining on my parade. i will take anything.

Rides last year:

Black Widow Spider

Bumper Cars

Carousel

Century Wheel

Cliff Hanger

Crazy Coaster

Disko

G-Force

Giant Wheel

Kamikaze

Mardi Gras

The Mega Drop

Music Fest

Orbiter

Remix

Scat

Silly Sea

State Fair Slide

Super Shot

Tilt-A-Whirl

Tornado

YoYo

Zero Gravity

Zipper
    Last edited by tmac; 04-18-2012 at 04:43 PM.

^^ I have no idea what half of those things are, but they sound awesome. Thanks!

EDC is on pavement right? So I won't have to worry about dust like at coachella?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

most stages were on asphalt. one was on grass. one was on dirt. wasn't really that dusty though

needs moar grass
    cosmic meadow was the best stage by far

really do hope SHM gets added as a whole and they bring their coachella stage. that setup is just the most absurd stage I have seen. the fact there was actual fire just took it to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by constantlyoff View Post
    really do hope SHM gets added as a whole and they bring their coachella stage. that setup is just the most absurd stage I have seen. the fact there was actual fire just took it to another level.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

I'm sure they will. I don't think they have musical merit at all but that set was fun, no lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    more like

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    yeah cheesehouse blah blah blah. I had a glorious time dancing to that set and the visual stuff was beyond anything I have seen before outside of the lazers for their set last year.

they have gotten worse every time i have seen them. it has been the exact same set, but nothing has beaten being able to feel the fire in the coliseum

Quote Originally Posted by constantlyoff View Post

EDC had actual fire at a few stages last year including the main stage if I'm not mistaken, I remember I was at one stage when the fire was going off and you could feel the heat. As for Swedish House Mafia.... who cares. You will have fun at all the other stuff that sounds exactly the same as that though I'm sure, aren't 2 of the members on the lineup already? They will essentially play the same set anyways so you'll get your fix.