Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Banned

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

I'd like to see at least a couple of these added (some are extremely hopeful)

aphex twin, chemical bros, orbital, wolfgang gartner, erol and boys noize, sven vath, pendulum live, flying lotus (none of that girls bs), magnetic man, nero live, spor, a few more, I'm happy with anything though the lineup is looking great so far.

you just want it all don't you trancey .. Nero I'd say is probable, boys noize, pendulum dj set. Chemical brothers seem like they are not gonna make it this year

Banned

Its probably best that I don't get it all, there'd definitely be some heartbreaking conflicts haha. Its weird Nero has never played EDC, seems unlikely since they'll be in the UK on the 9th http://www.songkick.com/artists/5346...alendar?page=2

I'd probably skip out on a pendulum dj set unless there's absolutely no one else interesting at that time. Just going to hope for some amazing adds, it'd also be great if Hawtin played as plastikman on one day and Enter the other one

I hadn't looked into that, it would be easier if their UK show was on either the 8th or the 10th but I think if their presence at edc was/is requested they will be able to make it.

I think if The Chemical Brothers ARE added, I'd probably go... I really want to honestly, but the line-up just isn't cutting it for me. Unless someone can prove me wrong.

Come on Richard with Insomniac its not about the line up. Its the overall experience. You should know this

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Because the way you do it is not natural, don't try and come back at me like your main goal on this board is to nurture people's tastes away from bro fisting to Porter Robinson, to enjoying someone like Paco Osuna (although sure, you could be doing them a favor by showing them something they might prefer within a genre that they like, and haven't yet experienced). I owned a Good Charlotte cd when I was 12 years old, and I didn't need to hear that it was lame, stupid, WHATEVER, it was a natural progression that I found there was other music I liked WAY better as time went on. What I'm saying is people don't NEED to broaden their taste in music, they can be casual if they wish, and enjoy the music that everyone else likes and will continue to rant/rave about. If it brings joy and happiness, and fucking awesome memories with friends to their life it doesn't fucking matter. Don't take that away from people.

And its funny how your sarcasm reigns supreme after I recognize your musical intellect and tell you that you make valuable contributions to the board, meaning to all of its members. And I still firmly believe that, I just had that bone to pick with you. Thanks.

MOVING ON
    See, we're totally on the same page. I think that EDC is basically the electronic music equivalent of warped tour. Its great if you're a high school kid with limited knowledge of the genre, but who the fuck keeps attending these events into their 20s is a little.....sad.

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    See, we're totally on the same page. I think that EDC is basically the electronic music equivalent of warped tour. Its great if you're a high school kid with limited knowledge of the genre, but who the fuck keeps attending these events into their 20s is a little.....sad.
    Not nearly as sad as someone who spends their time on a forum for an event they don't like.

So far you have had zero critiques except for 'repetitive lineup.' I don't know if you've noticed, but EDC books DJs. Have you ever seen a DJ twice? They tend to play different music each time! It's pretty crazy!! DJs are slightly different than movies or CDs for example, fun fact of the day. Or are 20-year-olds not allowed to like electronic music? Or are carl cox, digitalism, dubfire, gaiser, john digweed, sasha, loco dice, magda, and richie hawtin not "serious" enough music for you? Clearly only dumb children like this type of music, when they grow up they will start liking real music like Bon Iver and Justin Beiber.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

EDC has its attractions for different reasons, when you're older and jaded of crap music, it gives you more time to explore an event and not be so wrapped up in schedules. Last year I had a blast wandering around, met some great people and had fun getting down. So my friends wanna see basshector or benassi, I don't care. I'll have my moments in the set when it sounds like a piece of shit for some of these artists, but overall I'll have a blast.

Most of us wouldn't even be in this forum if we hadn't had a blast at Coachella, and I know the lineup for Coachella doesn't appease everyone every year. I could say the same about all the yawny "indie" acts that Coachella gets. Most of it is crap KROQ music in my opinion.

Really, if most of us "who know good music" tweeted the shit out of pasqualle, he may actually respond and put some effort in. Being lucky enough to see Chems "We Are The Night" tour live at Nocturnal a few years back and Plastikman last year, puts me in the belief that Rotella can still get great "rare" acts to come through. Yeah, he has to sell tickets, but for those of us who have seen the crap and washed it off our hands, we rejoice for the once in a life time acts or appearances.

I am quite sad to see a lot of recycled junk from last year, I'm surprised actually Infected Mushroom hasn't been announced. They are at pretty much EVERY Insomniac event

A high school kid? You do realize that the age limit is 18+ so that pretty much eliminates over 75% of all high school kids in the country. Continue to let this pointless dribble fall out of your mouth all day instead of trying to educate. You always talk shit on everything without offering any insight into what you feel is better than what we're doing, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually had a ticket and were excited to go.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 04-09-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    EDC has its attractions for different reasons, when you're older and jaded of crap music, it gives you more time to explore an event and not be so wrapped up in schedules. Last year I had a blast wandering around, met some great people and had fun getting down. So my friends wanna see basshector or benassi, I don't care. I'll have my moments in the set when it sounds like a piece of shit for some of these artists, but overall I'll have a blast.

Most of us wouldn't even be in this forum if we hadn't had a blast at Coachella, and I know the lineup for Coachella doesn't appease everyone every year. I could say the same about all the yawny "indie" acts that Coachella gets. Most of it is crap KROQ music in my opinion.

Really, if most of us "who know good music" tweeted the shit out of pasqualle, he may actually respond and put some effort in. Being lucky enough to see Chems "We Are The Night" tour live at Nocturnal a few years back and Plastikman last year, puts me in the belief that Rotella can still get great "rare" acts to come through. Yeah, he has to sell tickets, but for those of us who have seen the crap and washed it off our hands, we rejoice for the once in a life time acts or appearances.

I am quite sad to see a lot of recycled junk from last year, I'm surprised actually Infected Mushroom hasn't been announced. They are at pretty much EVERY Insomniac event
    93 new names that weren't there last year are there this year so far, and that number will grow when the rest of the lineup comes out. Last Infected Mushroom appearance was EDC last year so they have thrown 4 parties since then in southern california with no Infected Mushroom appearance and they aren't on the lineup this year. You're right, they play pretty much EVERY insomniac event.

Banned

Can't help but laugh at the pathetic hater in this thread. Don't waste your time arguing with him, let him soak in his ignorance. Anyone who's been to EDC knows its a great time. I'm pretty sure the only way someone wouldn't find a way to enjoy them self at it would be to try really hard not to or if they hated all types of electronic music. I knew people who went last year who had never listened to to any edm before and had a great time. The argument of it being the same thing each year is just sad, there's enough people on the bill to have a completely different experience each year, so please fuck off hangthedj.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    You are a big fucking joke. And to be the bigger person again, I would block you if I didn't feel like you play a big role in a lot of the threads I find interest around here. So please do the favor and block me.
    what kind of ridiculous pussy shit is this? "please block me because im a dickless wonder who cant block you because you play an important part in the board, so i want you to block me so that you cant see the dumb shit i say about you."

j. phlip just posted on her facebook that she will be playing avalon june 1st with simian mobile disco (i know their name has been thrown around as a possibility) and prince club. I really hope this means that all three of them will be playing EDC...these names would be an awesome addition to the lineup!

Banned

Expect more info this week

https://twitter.com/#!/PasqualeRotel...35720539602944

Also who is going to the bass show the Thurs before EDC starts and who are you hoping is on that lineup?

Can't view twitter at work, does that say anything about what kind of info or that it's just a general "more news coming this week"?

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Can't view twitter at work, does that say anything about what kind of info or that it's just a general "more news coming this week"?
    just more news on edcNY, which they just announced on FB... ticket sales and it's 3 days now and goes till 11pm...

Banned

My bad I didn't see the NY, lame was hoping for more Vegas info, sorry for getting hopes up

i think its pretty hilarious that they try to hide the fact that edcny is really edcnj. literally does not say it anywhere on the main site
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

Quote Originally Posted by shiezza View Post
    i think its pretty hilarious that they try to hide the fact that edcny is really edcnj. literally does not say it anywhere on the main site
    Just imagine the amount of guido Pauly D look-a-likes

Quote Originally Posted by shiezza View Post
    Do you also find it hilarious that the New York Giants and New York Jets share the same football stadium located in New Jersey?

It's still Vegas.

New Jersey and New York are two completely different states. In that sense it is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres the beef? View Post
    I think it's pretty hilarious they try to hide the fact that edcvegas is really edc northlasvegas. Literally does not say it anywhere on the main site.

Literally.
    I mean i was discussing the text of the site and it literally says new york and then the name of the stadium and thats it. So yeah... proper context and whatnot. Vegas is basically trashy everywhere so i don't really see the difference. New jersey is like the aborted fetus new york threw away but it wouldn't die
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

Get over it. It takes just as long to get from the strip to the speedway than it does to get from Manhattan to the stadium. Who cares if its another state.

Anyone know of any DJs playing at overpriced day pool parties yet?
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Anyone know of any DJs playing at overpriced day pool parties yet?
    You mean the ones with a $100 cover and promises of an "ultra-pool" or something to that effect?
    Soulwax

id be down for a M-Nus pool party. BOOM.

Basically, yeah, ultra pool.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Banned

Sasha is playing in San Francisco on June 7th, looks like he'll be at EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by trancey View Post
    Sasha is playing in San Francisco on June 7th, looks like he'll be at EDC.
    Been discussed multiple times within this thread. If they pulled off a Sasha & Digweed set I would be stunned, but I'm not counting on it since they aren't on speaking terms at the moment from my understanding. I can dream.