Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

  1. #991
    Member thefrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by kucky21 View Post
    Where is everyone staying?

    I am staying at the Hardrock Thrusday and Friday. Staying the rest of the weekend at the Royal Resort (only $75/ night on the strip) with 4 friends. Always looking for more people to meet and possibly roll with to the Speedway
    Staying at the Monte Carlo Thurs-Sun. So far my group of friends has three rooms, we might add more. That lazy river is gonna be my cure every day for all night raging.
    2013 = Coverchella

    2011 = Perfectchella

  2. #992
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheres the beef? View Post
    I value unknowns opinion and everyone else who was at that show and shared that same opinion. If they say your show sucks, it fucking sucks.

    But, hey, if all the candy kids there to just pop pills and chew face tell you they had no complaints and adults with discernable taste tell you you need to do better and you still think you did a bang up job, thats cool. You're just catering to a certain demographic and one I want nothing to do with. Your attitude stinks and you give your company a bad rep.
    damn still following me around commenting on everything i post? stop obsessing over me because i have different taste than you elitists rofl. the post wasnt even about a vital show so i have no idea why you're bringing that up, its pretty desperate and if you don't enjoy vital shows don't go to them, idk what to tell you. oh wait, so YOU endorse unknown's opinion? guess i better respect it now, its not like people have different taste or something...thats unheard of

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    "random person".

    Random people attend your shows, you dickhead.
    "my" shows? since when was this about "my" shows? lol we were talking about edc, you seem mad that i mentioned that companies cater to genres other than techno/minimal, damn them, how dare they do that? how dare anyone do such a thing? ill be honest, ive just recently begun to get into the minimal genre of electronic, but after seeing how the people who listen to it are on this board i kind of want to stay clear of it, you're all really big pricks :/ and think that everything that isnt minimal sucks because its too mainstream and cheesy, its a shame that the genre is being represented by such ignorance and elitism through members of this board, hopefully thats not how most of the people into that genre of music are :/

    in before "good, we dont want you to listen to our genre" or something along those lines

  3. #993
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    At first you care about what people say on this board, then you just don't give a shit and band together with others.

    Its kind of like Survivor

  4. #994
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    hopefully thats not how most of the people into that genre of music are :/
    They are all that way Nick, because people act certain ways based on what genre of music they're into.

  5. #995
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    im just saying ive noticed an extra amount of hostility and an overall condescending attitude from a particular audience and i'm hoping thats not an accurate representation of that genres fan base

  6. #996
    old school unknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    5,717

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    You're pretty dense. My post was about you enjoying that shit show in SF. Sorry for bringing it up again because clearly you were unable to understand my comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

  7. #997
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    The Third Twin has risen again

  8. #998
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    You're pretty dense. My post was about you enjoying that shit show in SF. Sorry for bringing it up again because clearly you were unable to understand my comment.
    so in order to say i enjoyed the 3rd day of EDC (as if nobody else who attended did) you brought up me enjoying a show that you didn't enjoy? hmm okay, that's fine with me i guess, sorry that you didnt enjoy yourself somewhere that i did :/ by the way everyone i talked to said they had a great time at that show, the only negative comments ive seen were on this board, except one friend told me the sound could have been better. so i'm not sure what to tell you

    on another note your 10 years older than me, and i doubt you had the exact same taste in music 10 years ago that you do now. if you did thats good for you, my taste changes every so often
    Last edited by Nick o; 04-02-2012 at 04:05 PM.

  9. #999
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Getting mad in every thread and questioning people's opinions based on their being older than him: It's a Nick o thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  10. #1000
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    i'm not questioning his opinion, i'm defending mine and asking him a question, feel free to answer that question yourself malcolm i'm genuinely curious

  11. #1001
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    You'll have to point out the "question." I also noticed you've employed your staples of calling people who disagree with you "elitists" and deflecting any negative comments by pointing out that you had a good time and the other person had a bad time but you, in fact, know several other people that had a good time. All on this page.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  12. #1002
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    You'll have to point out the "question." I also noticed you've employed your staples of calling people who disagree with you "elitists" and deflecting any negative comments by pointing out that you had a good time and the other person had a bad time but you, in fact, know several other people that had a good time. All on this page.
    "on another note your 10 years older than me, and i doubt you had the exact same taste in music 10 years ago that you do now. if you did thats good for you, my taste changes every so often"

    not sure how you missed my "question" but mentioned me talking about his age. i didnt call anyone i disagree with an elitist, i said that ive noticed a large number of minimal listeners on this board ignorant of other genres. i am starting to get into minimal and i respect and enjoy it, therefore i don't disagree with these people on their taste and everyone has a right to an opinion, i'm simply curious as to why its this group of people who ive noticed attacking other peoples' taste in other genres repeatedly moreso than another demographic of this board and in general. i simply mentioned a reason for insomniac having a trance stage instead of a techno stage on the 3rd day of edc and was slammed with insults about another show that myself and friends enjoyed :/

  13. #1003
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    "on another note your 10 years older than me, and i doubt you had the exact same taste in music 10 years ago that you do now. if you did thats good for you, my taste changes every so often"

    not sure how you missed my "question" but mentioned me talking about his age.
    It may have been due to the lack of a question mark, dummy.

  14. #1004
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    damn still following me around commenting on everything i post? stop obsessing over me because i have different taste than you elitists rofl.

    ill be honest, ive just recently begun to get into the minimal genre of electronic, but after seeing how the people who listen to it are on this board i kind of want to stay clear of it, you're all really big pricks :/ and think that everything that isnt minimal sucks because its too mainstream and cheesy, its a shame that the genre is being represented by such ignorance and elitism
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    i didnt call anyone i disagree with an elitist,
    Go on...
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  15. #1005
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    sorry i only referred to it as a question because malcolm said questioning, its more of something to think about but i am curious if their musical tastes have changed

  16. #1006
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    sorry i only referred to it as a question because malcolm said questioning, its more of something to think about but i am curious if their musical tastes have changed
    So, to be clear, there was no question.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  17. #1007
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Go on...
    LOL sorry i forgot that guy posted to me, i have a generic response to his generic posts hating on everything i ever type because i said i enjoyed myself at an SHM set

  18. #1008
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,020

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    wait, Nick, what do you consider "minimal"

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  19. #1009
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    So, to be clear, you're always wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  20. #1010
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    sorry i only referred to it as a question because malcolm said questioning, its more of something to think about but i am curious if their musical tastes have changed
    The funny thing about words is that sometimes they could have different meanings. "Question," for example, doesn't always mean a literal query.

  21. #1011
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    So, to be clear, there was no question.
    i figured you knew what i meant, you can keep dodging the implied question then which i'll apparently have to type out for you "has your opinion and taste in music changed in the past 10 years of your life?"

  22. #1012
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    LOL sorry i forgot that guy posted to me, i have a generic response to his generic posts hating on everything i ever type because i said i enjoyed myself at an SHM set
    Do you think he hates on you for saying you enjoyed yourself at an SHM set or because you're such an insufferable pussy the second anyone says anything remotely critical about your musical tastes?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  23. #1013

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    So Nick appears to be this year's tap water debate?

    I think I liked the tap water more. It was a little more ... refreshing (I'm sorry.)

  24. #1014
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,734

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    So, if all the crooks who run the company are in jail, will show go on?

  25. #1015
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    wait, Nick, what do you consider "minimal"
    Fedde Le Grand
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  26. #1016
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,020

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    i don't even know if i know what minimal is.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  27. #1017
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Do you think he hates on you for saying you enjoyed yourself at an SHM set or because you're such an insufferable pussy the second anyone says anything remotely critical about your musical tastes?
    theres something called cause and effect i'll give you an example.

    i see someone bashing on a genre or artist who theyve never seen live, and talking as if their opinion is what everyone should believe

    the effect of this: i comment to that person asking why they feel that their opinion is superior

    do you understand how this cycle works? if you think i started it you can go back and read in the thread, it was derailed because someone decided to bring up their opinion saying that something else sucked as if it were fact

  28. #1018
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    i figured you knew what i meant, you can keep dodging the implied question then which i'll apparently have to type out for you "has your opinion and taste in music changed in the past 10 years of your life?"
    Answer: Yes. Now, make this relevant! Give it meaning! Godspeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  29. #1019
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,020

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    kaus&effkt is my DJ moniker for my minimal sets.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  30. #1020
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    theres something called cause and effect i'll give you an example.

    i see someone bashing on a genre or artist who theyve never seen live, and talking as if their opinion is what everyone should believe

    the effect of this: i comment to that person asking why they feel that their opinion is superior

    do you understand how this cycle works? if you think i started it you can go back and read in the thread, it was derailed because someone decided to bring up their opinion saying that something else sucked as if it were fact
    I think I understand, but I'd love to see a quoted example of this cycle at play. To make sure I understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM
  2. Dirty Vegas LIVE 2012
    By oyeloca in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 08:13 AM
  3. Anyone from vegas?
    By bmanjam in forum Questions
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 04:37 AM
  4. Anyone going to be in vegas?
    By vogina in forum Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
  5. las vegas....
    By electroslut75 in forum Questions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 04:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •