Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp Site Innovations Thread

Default Re: Camp Site Innovations Thread

Anyone got a nice portable kitchen set up? Trying to get ideas for one im building.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Rubbermaid tubs and a five gal sparklers jug with a hand pump.
    Walmart aluminum ozark trail table for Coleman griddle
    Ozark trail folding tables for storage
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Rubbermaid tubs and a five gal sparklers jug with a hand pump.
    Walmart aluminum ozark trail table for Coleman griddle
    Ozark trail folding tables for storage
    I picked up a grill stand from cuisineart for $25, I think i'm gonna go to Walmart and get a plastic 4 shelves unit, not attach the 4th shelf and then drill some hooks into it so I can hang things and use the 3rd shelf to prep food and everything and then store everything under it, I was gonna make one out of pvc to mimick the coleman and other portable kitchen stuff but that's expensive and time consuming might as well do this.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Where do you store that shit? And what the fuck are you cooking.

PREpare bags of frozen, potato cubes, chopped bell peppers and onions.
    Frozen packs of bacon, frozen fruit cubes.
    Store in a food cooler with cardboard,dry ice and then cardboard. Pack bags of ice on that and the. The frozen foods sealed indoor saver vacuum bags.

Egg beaters come in pints. Freeze that shit too. Brats ...freeze em.
    Cruise to farmers market for a few fresh additions and spend your time drinking beer instead of playing iron chef.

Edit

I eat raw almonds, cliff bars and seeds. The frozen watermelon, pineapple, blueberries, oranges can also be used to make sangria. Breakfast and snacks are all you really need but I guess some meat on the grill for lunch might be good before going in.

Plan food last because you might have a stacked schedule once times slots come out g.
    Good luck with whatever and I hope we can have a drink if I run into you
    Last edited by Goatchella; 01-12-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Where do you store that shit? And what the fuck are you cooking.

PREpare bags of frozen, potato cubes, chopped bell peppers and onions.
    Frozen packs of bacon, frozen fruit cubes.
    Store in a food cooler with cardboard,dry ice and then cardboard. Pack bags of ice on that and the. The frozen foods sealed indoor saver vacuum bags.

Egg beaters come in pints. Freeze that shit too. Brats ...freeze em.
    Cruise to farmers market for a few fresh additions and spend your time drinking beer instead of playing iron chef.

Edit

I eat raw almonds, cliff bars and seeds. The frozen watermelon, pineapple, blueberries, oranges can also be used to make sangria. Breakfast and snacks are all you really need but I guess some meat on the grill for lunch might be good before going in.

Plan food last because you might have a stacked schedule once times slots come out g.
    Good luck with whatever and I hope we can have a drink if I run into you
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-4-Sh...Specifications plastic and you can easily build/deconstruct. It will be in a duffle bag with all of my kitchen stuff.

I freeze most things then pull them out to defrost, like you will.

Rough draft of the menu so far is this,

coachella 2012 hdn meal menu vol 1.jpg
    COACHELLA 2014

Lol sounds good. I use a cup of water to hold utensils. I'm gonna be stoked to use the propane because I'm usually cooking with an MSR backpacking stove and white gas. Pumping between burns and sketchy surface for pots

I took the breakfast burrito idea from neighbor hood creep. He really threw it down proper in Tennessee this summer and the next day when he was too fucked off to cook, I happened to be chirped out and rocked his whole camp kitchen.
    They also sell carnitas and Spanish rice pre cooked in the salsa area at the grocery store . That was just a heat and go add cheese thing. Super easy.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Lol sounds good. I use a cup of water to hold utensils. I'm gonna be stoked to use the propane because I'm usually cooking with an MSR backpacking stove and white gas. Pumping between burns and sketchy surface for pots

I took the breakfast burrito idea from neighbor hood creep. He really threw it down proper in Tennessee this summer and the next day when he was too fucked off to cook, I happened to be chirped out and rocked his whole camp kitchen.
    They also sell carnitas and Spanish rice pre cooked in the salsa area at the grocery store . That was just a heat and go add cheese thing. Super easy.
    Yeah last year I really half assed it and if i'm going to be cooking for another 3+ days again I really want the set up on point, it drove me nuts last year.
    COACHELLA 2014

This was our camping innovation last year...

The only thing I've ever seen vertically is roof camping off of some suvs...that's about it.

For those trying to save space and are bringing a truck, put your air matress in the back of the truck and sleep there.
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    For those trying to save space and are bringing a truck, put your air matress in the back of the truck and sleep there.
    57 series no rain fly napier.jpg

I got one of these last year and it was AWESOME it saved a ton of space and I threw an actual futon inside it and I barely knew I was camping when I hit that thing at the wee hours of the morning.....No chance of it blowing away either with weight of the futon in there
    Last edited by SeantheJeweler; 01-13-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Crash pad for bouldering doubles as a bed and couch.
    Can connect two of them to make a bed or make two separate couches.

The crash pad of choice for climbers worldwide who don’t want to sacrifice financial security on the next send. The Mad Pad is a plush five inch thick combination of open and closed cell foam for firm but comfortable drops. Featuring our new 1-3-1 system which consist of 1" closed cell, 3" open cell, 1" closed cell foam. This makes the Mad Pad the high ball pad of choice. *All Mad Rock crash pads can also Velcro to other Mad Rock pads to create an even larger landing area. *Another first in Mad Rock innovations. *Backpack straps make a breeze to tote in. Hip belt and chest strap makes it a comfortable carry. *Ready to take a load off? Lean back and relax - our aircraft aluminum buckle closure and specially designed straps allow you to convert the Mad Pad right into your own lounge chair. Folded 4' x 3' x 5".

You wanna fook on me?!

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

^loving that line up
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Finger blasting lights too

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

FUCKING FLAGS WAVING EVERYWHERE. COOLERS FULLA BREWS. POCKET FULLA DRUQS. CANVAS FULLA PAINT
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Lots of corn

has anyone used two 10x10 canopies to get 20x10 of shade on their site and just had the back of your car underneath part of the canopy? i think i'm gonna do that and bring four tarps, with three permanently on the back three corners at the back of the site and a fourth one to move around depending on where the sun is. i plan to use zip ties to fasten the tarps to the canopies and then i expect the tarps to be taller than the canopy so the excess can be weighed down on the ground. then i want to hang some led's (not sure the route i'm gonna go with this quite yet) for the nighttime and put some rugs down on the floor to make it feel a bit more homey. has anyone done this or have any suggestions/input?

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    FUCKING FLAGS WAVING EVERYWHERE. COOLERS FULLA BREWS. POCKET FULLA DRUQS. CANVAS FULLA PAINT
    One year for a set I really don't like, I'm going to get a group of people with 15ft flags and wave them in the front.

Bring a bit of Glasto to the Polo.
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by kerby14 View Post
    has anyone used two 10x10 canopies to get 20x10 of shade on their site and just had the back of your car underneath part of the canopy? i think i'm gonna do that and bring four tarps, with three permanently on the back three corners at the back of the site and a fourth one to move around depending on where the sun is. i plan to use zip ties to fasten the tarps to the canopies and then i expect the tarps to be taller than the canopy so the excess can be weighed down on the ground. then i want to hang some led's (not sure the route i'm gonna go with this quite yet) for the nighttime and put some rugs down on the floor to make it feel a bit more homey. has anyone done this or have any suggestions/input?
    Your idea will work great and you will appreciate having that extra shade on your camping spot. We do bring rugs but only use them in smaller areas because the grass on the polo field is pretty decent in most spots. We use "hippie tapestries" as my kids call them for shade on our easy up canopies and we end up moving them at least once per day, pulling them back for a breeze and to keep out the sun. Sheets work just fine too. Solar light strings are great and of course the battery operated LEDs are fine too and you can just zip tie them to the canopy frame. We used zip ties but bring plenty as we ran out one year.

Quote Originally Posted by kerby14 View Post
    Get reflective tarps, and you'll thank me later.
    COACHELLA 2014

def getting reflective tarps, no question about it

also is there any specifically efficient way to sleep four people or should i just keep the back ~6 feet as sleep space for the entire width of the site?

^ that's the best way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

I am getting some tarps but the only reflective tarps I have seen are grey and do not really look "reflective".. Do those work the same? The only ones I have seen that would be good for festivals are $100+ each which to me makes more sense for something like the burn. Will the cheap grey tarps work? I just don't want to spend $300 on tarps for a 4 day weekend.. maybe if it was a week long it would make more sense.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Just bake in the sun dog. It's all good

What do some of you car camping veterans feel about cardboard? One of my buddy's who's car camping with me this year has tons of cardboard at his job and we were thinking about getting a little creative with it. Were bringing along EZ up's and thinking about using cardboard to cover up the sides for shade and cutting "windows" to make it look like a big hobo shack or something. Were also thinking about having our fellow campers join in the fun and decorating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Make sure that thing is tied down good, or one strong gust and your ez-up is half mile away.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    What do some of you car camping veterans feel about cardboard? One of my buddy's who's car camping with me this year has tons of cardboard at his job and we were thinking about getting a little creative with it. Were bringing along EZ up's and thinking about using cardboard to cover up the sides for shade and cutting "windows" to make it look like a big hobo shack or something. Were also thinking about having our fellow campers join in the fun and decorating it.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    Make sure that thing is tied down good, or one strong gust and your ez-up is half mile away.
    Good looking out my friend! Yeah were planing on taking loads of things to keep it down since I hear it can get pretty windy. Plenty of stakes, duct tape, zip ties, nylon rope you name it! Just more concerned with how organizers might feel about all this cardboard we might bring in and wether or not it might be considered a fire hazard.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    I am getting some tarps but the only reflective tarps I have seen are grey and do not really look "reflective".. Do those work the same? The only ones I have seen that would be good for festivals are $100+ each which to me makes more sense for something like the burn. Will the cheap grey tarps work? I just don't want to spend $300 on tarps for a 4 day weekend.. maybe if it was a week long it would make more sense.
    I got the grey reflective tarps from harbor freight last year and they worked REALLY good.
    COACHELLA 2014