Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coachella Fest may have a problem - La Quinta City Council pushing weight around

Default Coachella Fest may have a problem - La Quinta City Council pushing weight around

Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Default Re: Coachella Fest may have a problem - La Quinta City Council pushing weight around

This topic is being discussed in another thread.

Oh baily.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post2273869

Default Re: Coachella Fest may have a problem - La Quinta City Council pushing weight around

coolio....
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!

AND...do you not know what a question is?

yea, why have you posted 11,427 times?

come at me bro.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    come at me bro.
    come at you?

cum on you?

What was your point other than to act like I insulted your girlfriend by grabbing her tits while you were at a romantic dinner with her.

WTF are you acting like a tough guy!?!

Your statement has to be one of the dumbest I've seen...and that's saying something.

'come at me bro'....that's my new sig.....

Oh man this is too easy.....
    fuck.

I like the buffed out kitten...come at me brough
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    yea, why have you posted 11,427 times?
    I actually learned what a question was sometime between post 500 and 600, so you're running a little behind.

Coachella will never die!

coachella almost died when skrillecks played
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    I actually learned what a question was sometime between post 500 and 600, so you're running a little behind.
    congrats

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    coachella almost died when skrillecks played
    thats fucking retarded...either u know that cuz u were there, which makes u lame. or, u werent, which means u dont know what ur talking about. especially since he had, by far, the largest sahara crowd of the whole wknd..he sucks, but after hearing the bootleg he certainly wasnt the worst act of the wknd
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

yeah, u dont know what ur talking about

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    especially since he had, by far, the largest sahara crowd of the whole wknd..
    Not even close. We were there waiting for Odd Future (who sucked). Plenty of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

The good chunk of Skrillex's set i heard from the beer garden while waiting for Odd Future was some of the most annoying music I have ever heard in my life.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

You people have clearly been neglecting Spin magazine, Skrillex is the biggest thing to hit dance music since Fish Bulb Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

old school

To play devil's advocate, I see GV failing to keep 3 promises:

-15,000 concert goers using the shuttle system to lessen trafficis in the current Indio contract that is publically available. GV sold their $50 shuttle pass quota, but thousands of them were "forced purchased" and likely never used. GV could do more to encourage attendees to leave their car at home.

-Breaking noise curfews, sometims as much as 60 minutes. Macca, Cure,Jay-Z, Chems, Kanye....

-early morning sound check "curfew". Not sure the current Indio/LQ but rules I woke at another festival at 8am to hear roadies soundcheck some Tom Petty songs when I was 10 miles form the venue.

Keep in mind that noise can travel really far and there is full concert volume for nearly 50% of the days in April 2012. 9 show days plus tech days simply testing the PA or someone like Macca doing a 60 minute Thursday rehearsal.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The good chunk of Skrillex's set i heard from the beer garden while waiting for Odd Future was some of the most annoying music I have ever heard in my life.
    Odd Future was some of the most annoying music I'VE ever heard in my life. I'd rather sit through 2 hours of Skrillex than 10 minutes of Odd Future and I don't like Skrillex. Odd Future doesn't belong anywhere near the Sahara

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Not even close. We were there waiting for Odd Future (who sucked). Plenty of space.
    yeah, AFTER his set when thousands of people were leaving.. the 2nd most packed was Steve Angello, but i chalk that up to what was playing across from him.. those were the only two sets where the tent was full to all three sides

old school

missing the point. nobody is saying it was good. there was plenty worse, and if you disagree then you obv didn't catch all of the brostep acts, within that subgenre there were worse sets.. and yeah, that was the worst Odd Future show i've seen, but it was a million times better than Cee Lo

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    yeah, AFTER his set when thousands of people were leaving.. the 2nd most packed was Steve Angello, but i chalk that up to what was playing across from him.. those were the only two sets where the tent was full to all three sides

You're wrong. I was there with Gribble, Becca and Frazzles and there is no way in hell Skrillex was the most packed all weekend. I walked by the Sahara when Duck Sauce was playing and there were a hell of a lot more people in there than there was for Skrillex.... same thing when I walked by while Afrojack was playing.

I don't know where you were but I caught about the last 15 minutes of Skrillex from the back of the tent and there was a shitload of space all the way up to the sound board. It actually started filling up more as it got closer to Odd Future's set before they chased the crowd off with their terrible performance. But there is zero chance that a 3:30 set on Friday had the biggest Sahara crowd all weekend.
    fuck.

old school

i'll give you Duck Sauce, but there is no way in hell it was more crowded for Odd Future. None. it half emptied out..

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

OF took forever to get their set going. I would have left but I was in a pretty good spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    To play devil's advocate, I see GV failing to keep 3 promises:

-15,000 concert goers using the shuttle system to lessen trafficis in the current Indio contract that is publically available. GV sold their $50 shuttle pass quota, but thousands of them were "forced purchased" and likely never used. GV could do more to encourage attendees to leave their car at home..
    Doubt this will be a problem. Most who rode, will ride again. Some of the routes sold out this year and I would expect more capacity allocated to those im 2012. And the reviews were so great, I would expect more to proactively choose a shuttle this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Hang 'em all (LQ city council)

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoasts...certain_as.php

Coachella Status Uncertain As Indio Delays Contract With Goldenvoice
    By Andrea Domanick Mon., Oct. 17 2011 at 7:00 AM

Will Coachella 2012 keep you waiting?
    ​The city of Indio has postponed signing a contract with Coachella festival promoter and organizer Goldenvoice, following pressure from the neighboring city of La Quinta for an environmental review of the popular music and arts festival. The festival thus faces the possibility of delay from its April 13, 2012 start date.

The Indio City Council voted for the postponement earlier this month, following La Quinta City Council's request for them to delay approval of the contract. La Quinta wants Indio and Goldenvoice to conduct an assessment under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) to evaluate the environmental impact of traffic, noise and pollution generated by the festival, owing to the fact that its length will be doubled this year, to two weekends in April. If Indio complies, the review process could extended well beyond Coachella's scheduled opening date.

As Coachella has grown over the past dozen years, so has the affluent town of La Quinta, whose population of about 40,000 has nearly doubled in the last decade. The city now borders two sides of Indio's Empire Polo Field festival grounds and has become a popular place to stay for the 60,000 to 75,000 people who attend Coachella daily. Already wary of the wild partying from attendees with vacation rentals in the area, many residents of La Quinta were not pleased to learn that Coachella had extended its length, hence the demand for an Environmental Impact Review under CEQA, whose environmental protection policies apply to Coachella. CEQA is a self-governing statute, so while La Quinta can't actually force Indio to conduct the review, the former does have the right to seek its enforcement through private litigation if Indio doesn't address La Quinta's concerns to its satisfaction.

According to the Desert Sun -- which covers Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley -- at an October 4 La Quinta City Council meeting, Coachella patrons were described by some locals as "the people who destroy our environment." Barbara Bishop, the president of a La Quinta homeowners association, claimed that 80 percent of the community's security incidents occur during Coachella and the popular Stagecoach Festival, usually held the following weekend at the Polo Field.

Both La Quinta and Indio have complained about the festival in the past -- trespassing and "riding horses without permission" are among their grievances, KCET notes. The new contract, however, gives Indio less of a reason to complain -- and to want to conduct the lengthy review -- than its much wealthier neighbor: in addition to expanding Coachella to two weekends (April 13-15 and April 20-22) and adding an additional day to the Stagecoach Festival (April 27-29), the new contract would give Indio a portion of ticket sales earnings from both festivals. Indio City Manager Dan Martinez said at the Oct. 4 meeting that the new contract includes a series of penalties and fines to help reduce environmental disturbances, but La Quinta officials said that wasn't enough.
    La Quinta asked that the signing of the contract be postponed for 30 days to address the concerns of residents and the need for an Environmental Impact Review. If the review is deemed necessary, then the process - which includes a recommended 75 days of public comment on its findings - would likely extend well beyond Coachella's opening date in April.

Indio officials were wary of engaging the review process. While admitting that neither they nor Goldenvoice can spare a month for review, they instead asked for two weeks to produce progress reports for La Quinta about how its concerns are being handled. Considering the Coachella Valley reaps $35 million from the festival each year, it's likely that some sort of compromise will be reached to get the festival started on-time.

Still, we can't help but be reminded of Silver Lake's escalating clashes with Sunset Junction over the years. As Coachella continues to grow, it seems likely that heightening controversy is inevitable.
    Last edited by ByTheWay,; 10-17-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    Hang 'em all (LQ city council)
    You should probably post this in the thread where it's being discussed. This is the thread where we make fun of Baily and/or argue about Skrillex.

They did NOT delay it 30 days, they gave LQ 2 weeks to get up to speed, and that was a gracious thing, they were ready to sign it through but were just being nice to their neighboring city council. Coachella fest is EXEMPT (along with many other events) from the CEQA.

(watched the Indio city council meeting that all this took place so unless you did please don't just throw your uneducated opinion out)

Jesus christ. This thread is running in a four day time-warp.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths