Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (U.S Protests)

old school

Default Re: The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (U.S Protests)

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic core View Post
    Your mostly unrealated acedotal evidence has nothing to do with the level of bullshit these schools are putting students through tethering them with massive debt that follows them for years. They only get to do this thanks to how student loans and bankruptcy is handled here giving them all the protection from the students. The prices soar and students have problems getting loans down the line and don't always get to finish. The credits don't transfer to other schools. The students aren't protected from anything.

These schools have only incentive to sign up as many people as they can and then let the system get them the money. Doesn't matter if the students have success or even if they can graduate. They are all slaves now.
    BOO fucking HOO. Then dont go to college. Nobody forced these kids. Pushing off ones poor decisions is a fucking cop out.

Im so tired of the entitlement attitude in this country.
    Last edited by J~$$$$; 10-06-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$$ View Post
    Unfortunately there is no more buying your way into middle class. Hard work, know someone in your industry, innovate or GTFO.
    How things are and how things should be are very different things. I take exception to "buying your way into middle class" though. College is a lot of work, and many are incapable or unwilling to complete it irregardless of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

I can see how those who are OK not paying a mortgage and being able to live in the home their bank owns for 24 months rent-free would also want to be able to bail on their student loans. I'm starting to see the common platform.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    That's just not true at all. A generation ago, a Bachelor's degree was a ticket to middle-class comfort. Now it's the minimum employable standard and graduates are sorta cheesed. How old are you? This sounds very "get off my lawn".
    i'm 22, and you're delusional if you don't think the current generation feels incredibly entitled.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sůnar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

That's just not true at all. A generation ago, a Bachelor's degree was a ticket to middle-class comfort. Now it's the minimum employable standard and graduates are sorta cheesed. How old are you? This sounds very "get off my lawn".
    The piece of paper was not the ticket to middle-class. It was the supposed skills and knowledge you were supposed to have. If there's no demand for the bullshit skills you learned in college, it really doesn't matter that you went. Never did.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    The piece of paper was not the ticket to middle-class. It was the supposed skills and knowledge you were supposed to have. If there's no demand for the bullshit skills you learned in college, it really doesn't matter that you went. Never did.
    Really? I thought it was the actual piece of paper. The more you know.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    i'm 22, and you're delusional if you don't think the current generation feels incredibly entitled.
    I think the current generation feels entitled to the things their parents took for granted, yes. And why shouldn't they?
    Your stupid

Unfortunately there is no more buying your way into middle class. Hard work, know someone in your industry, innovate or GTFO.
    School was supposed to be the "hard work" part of your equation. It is also part of the know someone thing as well since a good school is also a good place for networking.

These schools practically promise the "know someone" part when they talk about how great job placement is and how 95% of the people who graduate work in the field. To bad thats all bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

School was supposed to be the "hard work" part of your equation. It is also part of the know someone thing as well since a good school is also a good place for networking.

These schools practically promise the "know someone" part when they talk about how great job placement is and how 95% of the people who graduate work in the field. To bad thats all bullshit.
    school was supposed to be the "hard work"?

Oh boy life's going to be extremely disappointing.

BOO fucking HOO. Then dont go to college. Nobody forced these kids. Pushing off ones poor decisions is a fucking cop out.

Im so tired of the entitlement attitude in this country.
    So the schools are entitled to misadvertise the programs and benifits and stack on pointless classes to enflate shitty massive loans that have to be paid back no matter what, but the kids are entitled?

These schools get all the protection the students are just massive entitled brats? Either way this bullshit set up is a drain on all of us. Same as the morgage problems. Save the banks fuck the people.

I like that. SAVE THE RICH, FUCK THE POOR!
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    school was supposed to be the "hard work"?

Oh boy life's going to be extremely disappointing.
    I am not a kid asshole, don't talk down to me fuckstick.
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

School was supposed to be the "hard work" part of your equation.
    Are you fucking kidding me? Get a degree and float the rest of your life?
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

I am not a kid asshole, don't talk down to me fuckstick.
    You said school was supposed to be the hard work. I don't care how old you are. Life is still ready to disappoint you.

Obviously he doesn't mean the work stops at graduation. How disingenuous can you two be?
    Your stupid

In summary, the 99% doesn’t want to take risks anymore. They want free credit, but don’t want to be responsible for it. If things don’t work out, they don’t want to be accountable. For those who hold them accountable, they protest against. Instead of taking the bull by the horns and driving their own destiny, or even better, innovating and creating jobs for others, they want to float comfortably.

Those who want to take risks and drive their own destiny are the enemy. Those who are responsbile shall pay for everyone. They shall be taken down and this county should thrive no longer.
    Saturday

So your theory as to why income disparity and poverty are on the rise is that 99% of living Americans are bums? Fascinating.

I have a good job, a nice condo and a solid education, and I'm watching my retirement savings disappear due to gross mismanagement and greed by the 1%. That's my perspective. And its not because the 1% are greedier or stupider than in previous generations. Its because people like you let them get away with it.
    Last edited by JebusLives; 10-06-2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Your stupid

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    In summary, the 99% doesnít want to take risks anymore. They want free credit, but donít want to be responsible for it. If things donít work out, they donít want to be accountable. For those who hold them accountable, they protest against. Instead of taking the bull by the horns and driving their own destiny, or even better, innovating and creating jobs for others, they want to float comfortably.
    This is kinda presumptuous.

Your mostly unrealated acedotal evidence has nothing to do with the level of bullshit these schools are putting students through tethering them with massive debt that follows them for years. They only get to do this thanks to how student loans and bankruptcy is handled here giving them all the protection from the students. The prices soar and students have problems getting loans down the line and don't always get to finish. The credits don't transfer to other schools. The students aren't protected from anything.

These schools have only incentive to sign up as many people as they can and then let the system get them the money. Doesn't matter if the students have success or even if they can graduate. They are all slaves now.
    This is so incredibly stupid that I don't even know where to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

old school

So the schools are entitled to misadvertise the programs and benifits and stack on pointless classes to enflate shitty massive loans that have to be paid back no matter what, but the kids are entitled?

These schools get all the protection the students are just massive entitled brats? Either way this bullshit set up is a drain on all of us. Same as the morgage problems. Save the banks fuck the people.

I like that. SAVE THE RICH, FUCK THE POOR!
    Learn to read a contract.

Have you been living under a rock your entire life? ADVERTISEMENT LIES.

You should have picked a better school.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella Junkie

There aren't enough jobs. Period. They're gone. They're not coming back. Whether school was or was not hard work is irrelevant, we free-traded our way into the shitter. Every person on this thread is arguing about the lace fringe on a great big blanket of fuck you.

old school

I have a good job, a nice condo and a solid education, and I'm watching my retirement savings disappear due to gross mismanagement and greed by the 1%. That's my perspective. And its not because the 1% are greedier or stupider than previous generations. Its because people like you let them get away with it.
    That's just it. You need to take control of YOUR MONEY. If you gave me your retirement money and hoped that I wouldn't spend your money on hookers and blow and that im looking out for you, you are insane.

In summary, the 99% doesnít want to take risks anymore. They want free credit, but donít want to be responsible for it. If things donít work out, they donít want to be accountable. For those who hold them accountable, they protest against. Instead of taking the bull by the horns and driving their own destiny, or even better, innovating and creating jobs for others, they want to float comfortably.

Those who want to take risks and drive their own destiny are the enemy. Those who are responsbile shall pay for everyone. They shall be taken down and this county should thrive no longer.
    Not the actual 99%. Just the people claiming to be it on TV.

Coachella Junkie

That's just it. You need to take control of YOUR MONEY.
    This is retarded. What's he going to do, breed the bills together? Our entire economy relies on other individuals operating the financial industry.

hahaha thanks Pot. What I was thinking.
    Your stupid

That's just it. You need to take control of YOUR MONEY. If you gave me your retirement money and hoped that I wouldn't spend your money on hookers and blow and that im looking out for you, you are insane.
    Are you still all-in on gold?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    This is retarded. What's he going to do, breed the bills together? Our entire economy relies on other individuals operating the financial industry.
    Dude puts his money in a 401k or IRA and hopes it works out for the best? See you when im 65 money! I like money.

You can have a firm grasp of your portfolio its not that difficult.

What about all those bailouts? They weren't responsible with their money. The accepted no responsibility and expected to have the solution handed to them on a silver platter... and it was. They should have been held accountable, but they weren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

what i think lunatic core is trying to say is that basically a degree was suppose to at least get your foot in the door like it did back in the day. A degree is supposed to say im at least qualified to do the job you want me to do. Now everyone is getting bachelors degrees and now they almost mean nothing. Everything goes back to how things were, and you parents legacy begins to matter alot more. Where it matters who you know and not what you know. Say a person like me who comes from a working class immigrant family. My parents dont have any previous connections or resources that can be handed over to me. They dont know anyone that can get me a job. But people from the middle class and upper class have parents and resources available them help them get a job a whole lot easier then it is for me. This workforce is now a information based workforce. How is anyone supposed to determine and choose who is better qualified for a job when two potential employees are just out of college. You say get a damn internship, I say I'm to busy having a fucking job to just get by while I'm in college. Im not saying people can't just do a good job and make their own person and end up having a great job because many people can and they do. But in reality the vast majority of people in this country are just mediocre and nothing more; and they will run into this problem.

PERSPECTIVE people. Learn there is such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    There aren't enough jobs. Period. They're gone. They're not coming back. Whether school was or was not hard work is irrelevant, we free-traded our way into the shitter. Every person on this thread is arguing about the lace fringe on a great big blanket of fuck you.
    Over the past 12 years or so yeah, the jobs have been slowly disappearing overseas. The ~4% jump in unemployment since 2008 though is very much due to a temporary demand slump (that's rapidly turning permanent due to top-down incompetence).

Dude puts his money in a 401k or IRA and hopes it works out for the best? See you when im 65 money! I like money.
    You can have a firm grasp of your portfolio its not that difficult.
    I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, but I'm mostly tied up in stock options for the next 2 years. Options that are worth substantially less than they were 6 months ago. I assume from your smugness that you're in gold. It won't last forever.
    Last edited by JebusLives; 10-06-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    Your stupid

Obviously he doesn't mean the work stops at graduation. How disingenuous can you two be?
    that isn't obvious at all. Who the hell can make a statement like "school was supposed to be the hard work" and mean anything other than that it was supposed to be easy to get a job after doing that hard work. In fact he says that explicitly.

I'm genuine as fuck.