Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB 635 - California Bill to expand drinking time from 2AM to 4AM, YES!!!

Post SB 635 - California Bill to expand drinking time from 2AM to 4AM, YES!!!

A bill was submitted to expand the drinking cut-off time from 2AM to 4AM in California.

I strongly endorse this!

The Bill - http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/13-14/...introduced.htm

My attempt to spread the word on the internet via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/SB-63...19793281393251

Imagine:

Going to shows and then bars afterwards to cool-off and reflect. Ahhhh. SO much better than Los Angeles now where a dirty (delicious) street hot dog is the only thing keeping my buzz going.

Bar hopping till 4AM! Need I say more?
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Default Re: SB 635 - California Bill to expand drinking time from 2AM to 4AM, YES!!!

Im voting NO on this bill. 2am is late enough as it is. If this bill passed drunk ass people would be leaving bars and driving between the hours of 4-6am. Thats when most of the working class wakes up and leave for work. Maybe this could pass if it was a one or two day exception for friday and saturday,but not all week long. Do you own a refrigerator ? You should stash some beers in there and party at your house.

I think what we really should be extending are restaurant hours. Its a nightmare sometimes just to find something decent to eat anywhere on the west cost past 10pm. L.a. being known for street dogs is proof of that. If anyone knows of any places to eat in the l.a.-oc area that serves really great food past 10 id love hear about them.

Default Re: SB 635 - California Bill to expand drinking time from 2AM to 4AM, YES!!!

Harbor House Cafe in Sunset or Dana Point was always out late night place when I was younger.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 03-14-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Alcohol and drugs, fuck yeah man.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Any discussion of this is academic. It ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Harbor House Cafe in Sunset or Dana Point was always out late night place when I was younger.
    Haha, used to go to harbor house in Dana point all the time in highschool.

Neither is taking away our guns, retracting Roe v Wade, or any of the other bullshit people constantly talk about that isn't gonna change.

I used to go to the sunset beach location in high school. I used to ditch school for the beach for $1.20 (50 cents plus 10 cents each way).
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Hate to seem like anyone who would support a law, or anything that anyone else in this forum would support (ha), but this is one of the only "laws" that regularly pisses me off. I'm what one would call a night person. I finally had some free time to go grab some beer, and it was 1:50 am. Pretty fucking weak. They should just abolish the time limit all together. Most people in this state who drink and drive already have multiple DUIs anyway. Those type of people find the beer after hours whether it's for sale or not. People like me who just want a couple beers to settle in at night shouldn't have to suffer (though, a markedly modest form of suffering- ALCOHOLISM IS A DISEASE THAT MUST BE TREATED IMMEDIATELY). Just like saying you can't sell items with sugar in them after 2am, because, by God, kids should be in bed at that time! But what about those diabetics who need a quick fix? What about old Mr. Jennerman who just wants his Snickers, with twelve ounces of alcohol to go with it? Give everyone a gun, and let them buy beer 24/7. Living in a twisted country where people no longer know how to make anything by hand. A place where people think the only way to get anything is to have cash. Pretty fucking dismal.
    Last edited by Zafocaine; 03-14-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

One of the main reasons to stagger bar closing times is actually to DECREASE the chance of drunk driving incidents and drunk brawls. When everyone gets shunted out at 2, everyone gets on the road at the same time. Not every bar would be granted a license to increase hours, and not every drunk would be out till 4, so the driving times would be slightly more diffuse. I don't know in practice how diffuse, but even if everyone left at 4 I don't think there would be any difference than everyone leaving at 2. This idea has been explored up here and the police are actually wildly in favor of it since (with the staggered closing times again) they believe there wouldn't be one million fights occurring at exactly the same time.

It's hard to estimate the real impact, but as far as I can tell NY seems to be doing alright with a 4 am closing time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Dana Point. A white place where even the homeless seem happy. Seriously disgusting. If I wanted to see that much white skin babbling about nothing, I would go to a family reunion. I used to love the beach. Then I took a look around.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post

It's hard to estimate the real impact, but as far as I can tell NY seems to be doing alright with a 4 am closing time.
    In NYC no one drives to bars.
    If LA had a metro system like that it'd be no problem, but it doesn't, so this would be a horrible thing.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I don't think it would be any more horrible than it currently is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    In NYC no one drives to bars.
    If LA had a metro system like that it'd be no problem, but it doesn't, so this would be a horrible thing.
    Horrible for who? Am I the only one who encounters drunk people every single time he leaves the house? I feel like Mr Hand when I'm behind the wheel. What, are you all on dope?! If you're shit faced drunk, you're not going to hit my car unless you smash into the car from behind. Period. I'd be more worried for pedestrians, really. Either way, drunk driving is very easy to spot. If we lived in a society where you could pick up your cell phone while driving, and call up the cops on someone swerving like SMA's heterosexuality, then maybe we could get somewhere.

(Sorry, SMA. Most of us got past our "any hot girl is cool to bang, if only I weren't a dork" jitters in high school. It may be time for you to step back, and look around. A real OOBE)

Well that settles it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Horrible for who? Am I the only one who encounters drunk people every single time he leaves the house? I feel like Mr Hand when I'm behind the wheel. What, are you all on dope?! If you're shit faced drunk, you're not going to hit my car unless you smash into the car from behind. Period. I'd be more worried for pedestrians, really. Either way, drunk driving is very easy to spot. If we lived in a society where you could pick up your cell phone while driving, and call up the cops on someone swerving like SMA's heterosexuality, then maybe we could get somewhere.

(Sorry, SMA. Most of us got past our "any hot girl is cool to bang, if only I weren't a dork" jitters in high school. It may be time for you to step back, and look around. A real OOBE)
    We do live in a society where you can pick up your phone and report a potential drunk driver on the roadways. It's called 911. Out of curiosity, who do you feel like when you're behind your keyboard?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I vote for prohibition.

I still go to the one in sunset on occasion late night. But then again I am younger then you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    One of the main reasons to stagger bar closing times is actually to DECREASE the chance of drunk driving incidents and drunk brawls. When everyone gets shunted out at 2, everyone gets on the road at the same time. Not every bar would be granted a license to increase hours, and not every drunk would be out till 4, so the driving times would be slightly more diffuse. I don't know in practice how diffuse, but even if everyone left at 4 I don't think there would be any difference than everyone leaving at 2. This idea has been explored up here and the police are actually wildly in favor of it since (with the staggered closing times again) they believe there wouldn't be one million fights occurring at exactly the same time.

This is a great idea in theory but the only issue is that most of these fights occur in a downtown type area. If one bar closes at 2 am and then another bar next door closes at 4 am everyone is just going to go to the 4 am one. Only way to make sure people would go home is if the later bars stopped letting people in when the 2 am bars close. However I can't see a bar doing that because then they are losing out on business. Personally I think it should be like Vegas where you can buy alcohol anytime and it's up to the bars on what time they open/close at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post

Done it, inconclusive.

And though I am usually against restricting freedom, just for the selfish reason that some bars would book bands, including bands I want to see to fill out even later time slots. Shit kicks off late enough as it is now, would hate to find out the band I want to see has the 3:00am set.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

Coachella Junkie

I don't think that would happen all that much. The band would have to agree to it too. I can see a fair amount of bands saying "No thanks" to the idea of playing at 3:00am.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I don't think that would happen all that much. The band would have to agree to it too. I can see a fair amount of bands saying "No thanks" to the idea of playing at 3:00am.
    There's also millions of bands clamoring for not enough available slots that are already overstacked with bands I do like a lot of real low level local bands, like 1:00am at the Smell types.

Who the hell said anything about bands playing at 3AM?!
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Who the hell said anything about bands playing at 3AM?!
    If bars are open later, then bars that host bands will have them play later. Try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    If bars are open later, then bars that host bands will have them play later. Try to keep up.
    Nuances. I guess most of the world has been pissing off bands and patrons all this time.

Try to keep up (with the times).

I live in Vegas. I don't even know what "last call" is. Life is more fun that way.

This would be problematic.

I can see a very popular local LA bar (gay bar, but what's the difference anyway...the people still stay there until closing) from my living room window. The street transforms into the fucking Wild Wild West between the hours between 1 and 3 AM. Drunk girls chasing down taxis and falling face down on Sunset Blvd, screaming and yelling and singing patrons well into the later hours, people parking on your street so they don't have to pay for parking (only to leave when you had to park 4 blocks away)...Oh, and did I mention the vomit and piss that festers overnight and makes your Saturday and Sunday mornings oh so delightful? (Also: There's a lot of traffic accidents, police/ambulance activity and general tomfoolery.)

I knew living by a bar would bring some of these things, but I can at least take solace in knowing most of it is winding down by the time I get home to sleep. If bar stayed open later, I can't imagine the hell it would bring to my living situation.

I'd think bars staying open later will allow the crowd to disperse gradually instead of a mass rush to get cabs etc. Although I do see a problem especially in LA where people will drive drunk with 2 more hours of drinking in them.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    We do live in a society where you can pick up your phone and report a potential drunk driver on the roadways. It's called 911. Out of curiosity, who do you feel like when you're behind your keyboard?
    Well, friend. Here in Cali-forney, you get pulled over if a cop even sees you with your phone out. Now you're looking at a court date, and you probably didn't memorize the license plate as you were getting pulled over to the shoulder. Mission failure.

I feel like Zafocaine. I grew up with all the same movies/ shows/ music as the rest of you at my disposal. This is my blend. My essence. Zafocaine is being bottled as we creep. I could offer a thousand other names, most of them stolen. Who do you feel like when you're behind the computer? Do you think I'm so spectacular in text that it's impossible for me to be the same in person? Don't fight me. You'll get brain bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I vote for prohibition.
    This guy. I'll be seeing you weekend 1, menik. In the beer garden.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival