Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: The Thread In Which We Post Things We Read In The Comments Section

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Things We Read In The Comments Section

I like how he uses "accordingly" in the same sentence with "will chose" and "Every of my."

That's been a thing / meme for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    That's been a thing / meme for a while.
    lol ok thanks

Your post disappeared. I didn't want you to feel that bad about it.

In response to an article entitled "Two dead in apparent murder-suicide on I-80 in Salt Lake City", this comment:

What makes people think that outsourcing is a "Republican act "? Bill Clinton (DEMOCRAT) gave China Most Favored Nation Trading Status during the eight years of his administration. That meant no trade barriers or duties. The Chinese crushed our manufacturing community during this period. Bush gets into office and allows this to continue. NOW we have another DEMOCRAT in the office. Has Obama done ANYTHING to stop outsourcing and the loss of OUR jobs to unfair Chinese competition? * Crickets chirping *........ ANYTHING?..... Can anyone answer if Obama has done ANYTHING? During Obama's administration we witnessed a State Owned Chinese company , with Chinese workers on American soil build another Oakland Bay Bridge. Chinese Steel, Chinese labor, payed for by AMERICAN TAX DOLLARS. Oh yeah.... that Obama being a Democrat has done a lot to help create jobs, unfortunately jobs for China.
    We as consumers no longer even have a choice to whether we purchase Chinese or American made products, they are almost now all made in China.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i wonder from what chinese-made device he posted that.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I find that a common thread among radical political comment section people is the odd placement of phrases like "Oh yeah" and "yeah right."
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

From a craigslist ad in the pets section:

I WILL NOT SHIP HER TOO TIMBUCK TWO SO DONT ASK, SHE IS NOT FOR BREEDING SHES FIXED DONT ASK!!

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Wooow. This was left on MSN after a man was arrested for "rape by intoxication" in San Diego.

Carryingconcealed

I'm not saying a rapist shouldn't be accountable, Snoozer. I'm saying that this sounds exactly like Rose Colored Glasses described, which is, "a night of drunken sex with morning regret."

I mean let's be honest here, with the advent of women's rights and the inevitable feeling of empowerment that came with that, coupled with the zealous over-protection of the female species in our society, there are a lot of witch-hunts conducted for alleged "rapists" who actually raped no one.

It's beyond ridiculous that a woman only needs to mention the word rape and within 24-hours the accused's name is in the papers and on the news, his life wrecked forever regardless of the eventual outcome, yet her identity remains guarded. That is complete and utter bullsh!t

Apparently females are their own species now. Was not aware. This suspet was picked up in Texas on a $1,000,000 bond warrant and extradited back to SD. Pretty sure that kind of action isn't taken unless substantial proof exists that a crime has been committed, Mr. Gun Fetishist.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I mean, come on...

This was an article on EW.com saying guess whether this line is from Lucille Bluth or if it is from Kanye West's new album. Some people take Kanye hate to ridiculous levels.

April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

I used to work for Starbucks and I love coffee but seriously Walt Disney World is a place of DREAMS not NAME BRANDS!!! KEEP DISNEY WORLD A DREAM NOT A SELLOUT!!!
    ™™™

3 out of 3 Netflix users found this review "helpful."

I was 11 when this movie came out and I first saw it. Being that Karen is 12, it fit right down my alley.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

This made me laugh. They always do.

Another koon showing the world how dumb they are
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

Trying to get a new stockpot for a big batch of menudo rojo for the holidays and ran into this review.

TOBY HIGHLY RECOMMENDS ANY TRAMONTINA STAINLESS STEEL INDUCTION COOKWARE FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN SAVING MONEY ON THEIR ENERGY BILL CONSUMPTION.

INDUCTION COOKING IS THE LATEST INNOVATION IN RANGE STOVE TOP COOKING. IT SAVES IN AIR-CONDITIONER BILL WHILE YOU ARE COOKING BECAUSE HEAT FROM THE MAGNETIC FIELD FROM THE STOVE IS TRANSFERED TO THE INDUCTION BOTTOM OF YOUR TRAMONTINA STAINLESS STEEL BOTTOM.

YOU CAN NOT USE ANY ORDINARLY STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE, THEY ARE NOT DESIGNED TO TRANSFER HEAT FROM THE MAGNETIC FIELD FROM THE STOVE TO ANY CHEAP STAINLESS STEEL POT. IT WON'T WORK.

TRAMONTINA INDUCTION RANGE STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE ARE DESIGNED ESPECIALLY FOR INDUCTION RANGE ONLY.

THE STOVE STAYS COOL WHILE COOKING. YOU WILL BE HAPPIER WHEN YOU BUY A GENERAL ELECTRIC (GE) INDUCTION COOKING STOVE TOP 30 INCHES FREE STANDING RANGE. IT IS RATED AS THE BEST INDUCTION STOVE ACCORDING TO CONSUMER REPORT. INDUCTION RANGE HAS TOO NUMEROUS PLUSES FOR ME TO WRITE ON THIS SHORT SUMMARY. CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF.

YOUR INVESTMENT ON A GENERAL ELECTRIC (GE) INDUCTION RANGE AND TRAMONTINA STAINLESS STEEL INDUCTION COOKWARE ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY YOU DISH OUT FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL WIFE. SHE WILL APPRECIATE YOUR CONSIDERATION ON HER AND REWARD YOU IN THE RIGHT PLACES.

PURCHASING TRAMONTINA STAINLESS STEEL INDUCTION COOKWARE IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR YOUR NEW GENERAL ELECTRIC (GE) INDUCTION RANGE. THEY STAY MIRROR SHINING AND BEATIFULL NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU COOK ON THEM. EASY TO CLEAN TOO.

WISHING MY VERY BEST FOR THOSE WANTING TO LIVE YOUR BEST FOR LESS WITH YOUR INDUCTION RANGE AND TRAMONTINA STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. AND REMMINDING YOU THAT JESUS IS COMING SOON FOR THE RAPTURE OF HIS BRIDE THE CHURCH IN THESE LAST DAYS. TOBY FROM MIAMI, FLORIDA.

More from TOBY.

Quote Originally Posted by Netflix user
    This show is a great read.

Maybe they're hearing impaired.
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....

A friend of mine had this sort of thing happen when she brought home a cactus. The cactus was set up in the living room and it started to shake violently. The lady called up the nursery that she bought the cactus from and the man told her to grab her family and pets and to RUN OUT THE FRONT DOOR ASAP!!! (And to slam the door shut as soon as they crossed the threshold.)
    She followed his advice and as she turned around to slam the door, she noticed the cactus split down the middle and thousands of baby spiders were scattering all over her tiny house!!! She jumped in her car along with her kids and pet dog and off they sped to her mom's house which was a hundred miles away. The house had to be fumigated and also her neighbors homes too, because those were deadly spiders that nested inside the tall two-armed cactus that she should not have bought in the first place. Wild cacti belong in the desert, not inside people's homes, and that was one lesson she learned that day.
    I wonder what the other lessons were.

She also learned to have a go-bag in a convenient spot for quick evacuations.
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

And she learned that the power plug for her mother's old Blackberry would work for her Android device.

But really why would they jump in the car and speed off? Once you're out the door (which doesn't need to be slammed) you're as safe as if you were 100 miles away. Wouldn't you want to stick around and arrange for fumigation/pest control/etc? Check that the back door is locked? Tell your neighbors? I know I would want to watch all the baby spiders through the window because, really, how often do you have such an opportunity?

I'm more interested in watching a cactus unzip from the inside.

Hannah learned to have video monitoring equipment set up around your home BEFORE you bring in vermin-infested plant life.

Amazon makeup review:

Bought this product hoping to use it for covering some bruises I will be having soon
    ...eesh.

From NFL.com, in response to the Ravens-Bears game being suspended for a few hours due to tornado warnings

In the 70's tornadoes hit stadiums an games an weren't stopped, so now they are all a bunch of women playing flag football anyways
    09,10,12w1,13w1

From an article about the local health department closing an IHOP location for food safety violations:

too bad to hear about ihop. i have never been to that store, but eat at ihop in utah county (orem and american fork) quite often. special memories for my wife and i. i put the ring on her finger at an ihop in detroit almost 38 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

That's fucking bad ass!! Haha!

Some moron regarding a statistic:

Of course all this data was researched and complied by a 3rd party, so I am sure it is accurate.
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - The Mountain Goats - Hopscotch 2014