Page 259 of 261 FirstFirst ... 254255256257258259260261 LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,770 of 7821

Thread: 2012 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread

Default Re: 2012 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread

SHUT UP GAY-DETIA I BET YOU LOVE THAT YOUR BEST FRIEND DAVID GUETTA IS IN THE POSTER
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    It says Snoop Dogg on the poster, you stupid fucking cocklicking waste of space.
    haha this is why you're an idiot. Anyone that listens to hip hop can tell you: when someone mentions Snoop, they know. Same with Yeezy or Hova. Who the hell said I had to give their names on the poster. Go listen to Deathgrips or whatever that shit group is. If there's no conflict when they're playing, I'm going to record a min of their shit show and laugh with my friends. You're probably thinking last year's line up was so much better than this year's too

12/22 Afrika Bambaataa vs Arthur Baker @ W New York
    12/27 Dubfire @ Output
    12/28 Television @ Irving Plaza
    12/28 Boys Noize @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Spooks, you're a lost cause. You didn't know shit and now you're dancing around, making it look like you were right by adjusting artists names. When you were plaing this 28 letters game, people figured that you would be referring to the amount of letters on the poster itself - which is a valid assumption and probably what you meant initially. Now you have to make it look like you knew what you were talking about, but you just come off looking like an asshole.
    fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Spooks, you're a lost cause. You didn't know shit and now you're dancing around, making it look like you were right by adjusting artists names. When you were plaing this 28 letters game, people figured that you would be referring to the amount of letters on the poster itself - which is a valid assumption and probably what you meant initially. Now you have to make it look like you knew what you were talking about, but you just come off looking like an asshole.
    Yea I only saw the poster the night before it came out and I was fucking with everyone here. Hence why I even gave the clue about 1 from being US/others being from outside of US. Could really care less if you and other tools think I knew it or not haha. I reply to cap dude (cause he's such a tool) and of course people like you have to give your thoughts! No one gives a shit and neither should you buddy. You got your line up so STFU. Didn't I say this year's line up will be 100 times better than last year's? Do you agree with that at least!?

Lol. How am an asshole when I'm replying to cap dude? Because I made fun of him for liking Death grips? You want to defend their shitty music too? I'll stick with intelligent people in ATP thread/music forum like Bmack/Courtney. This thread is almost as bad as BV!

ps Since you probably don't listen to hip hop either, when someone says, Kanye/Doom/Ghostface/Slug/Hova/Cool J/etc, people know who they're talking about ok? By the way, shouldn't you write "Snoop Dogg" instead of "Snoop" on your signature? Shit man. People don't know who you're talking about!
    Last edited by Spooks; 01-16-2012 at 10:54 AM.

12/27 Dubfire @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Yea I only saw the poster the night before it came out and I was fucking with everyone here. Hence why I even gave the clue about 1 from being US/others being from outside of US.
    So by "1 from being US/others being from outside of US," did you mean that Dr. Dre and Snoop are from Africa?
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Spooks, they hate you in the ATP thread too.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Also, what is Death Grips?

"Spooks" is an expert on all things black.

I thought spooks was a racist? or is that what makes him an expert?
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Also, what is Death Grips?

**Final Monklish Accuracy Percentage**

Oct 14 listing: 61.5% accurate
    Nov 10 listing: 57.1% accurate
    Nov 16 listing: 59.5% accurate
    Nov 29 listing: 59.1% accurate
    Dec 7 listing: 50.0% accurate
    Jan 6 listing (final listing): 65.7% accurate

This is probably in a different thread, but since I haven't found it, have there been any new Orbital addition rumors? I saw on Facebook today that they announced their new album in early April.

I would love Orbital to come back, but sadly I think it's "too soon" for them. Anxious to hear their new album though.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I would love Orbital to come back, but sadly I think it's "too soon" for them. Anxious to hear their new album though.
    do they have a song titled Haclyon On & On, or something to that effect?

Yes, and it was sadly not played in 2010.

Edit: "Halcyon + On + On" if we're being exact.
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post

Edit: "Halcyon + On + On" if we're being exact.
    thanks. such an excellent track. prbly listened to that over a thousands times freshmen year of college. holy shit i can't believe how old that song is, i was late to that party.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    Sure about that?

hnnnngh, my heart, it hurts. amazing show.

edit: just remembered i'm in this one.
    Last edited by Vic Viper; 01-17-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Whoa, I stand corrected. I must've been fucked up!

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Maybe you confused it with the Bon Jovi song
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

It may have been when he was breaking up the fight that I got into.

I know mentioning this name will stir the hipsters here into a furry, but I was thinking, Coldplay is still trying to sell ticket to LA shows in February. They sold out all their dates at the Hollywod bowl in early May (right after Coachella) and are putting tickets on sale for another show next month tomorrow. Do you think Coldplay could possibly be added as the headliner Friday and they are just waiting to announce it after they have sold this show out? Lots of people thought Coldplay were going to headline, they are in LA the weekend after coachella, and the Black Keys still don't fit to me as a headliner. Think this could happen still?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    I know mentioning this name will stir the hipsters here into a furry, but I was thinking, Coldplay is still trying to sell ticket to LA shows in February. They sold out all their dates at the Hollywod bowl in early May (right after Coachella) and are putting tickets on sale for another show next month tomorrow. Do you think Coldplay could possibly be added as the headliner Friday and they are just waiting to announce it after they have sold this show out? Lots of people thought Coldplay were going to headline, they are in LA the weekend after coachella, and the Black Keys still don't fit to me as a headliner. Think this could happen still?

Bring on Tom Waits, Aphex Twin, or A Tribe Called Quest. Screw Coldplay!

12/27 Dubfire @ Output

I will accept The Black Keys headlining every Coachella over Coldplay headlining just once.

The Black Keys are popular. They sell a ton of records. They play huge venues. They are on the radio/tv constantly. They have both mainstream and indie crossover.

What is there not to get?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Think this could happen still?
    No.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

They are everywhere, why would we want them at Coachella?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields
    U2: 6/28 @ United Center

You can apply that statement literally EVERY year. The "lazy booking" isn't a 2012 phenomena.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Whatever, now that they've been upgraded to Headliner, they wont be back for at least 4 years....
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields
    U2: 6/28 @ United Center

Question Re: 2012 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    The Black Keys are popular. They sell a ton of records. They play huge venues. They are on the radio/tv constantly. They have both mainstream and indie crossover.

What is there not to get?
    i believe for the majority of users here who either a.) don't care about the black keys or b.) think they're a shit headliner - would take your arguments of they sell a ton of records, play big concerts, on the radio/tv constantly and then say...those arguments are weak. A lot of bands do that. Now the last part of the indie crossover, what % or level of the entire indie fan base are they really crossing over to? IMO the majority of the cross-over comes from fans who enjoy and think they're indie for listening to (and there is nothing wrong with these acts) Florence & The Machine, Kings of Leon, or only know who Arcade Fire is because they actually watch the Grammys. If you were to "weight" a fan by the percentage of indie music they truly listen to, care about, read up on...these fans would be weighted about (educational guess), 10% "indie as the majority of us know it, 60% radio, 30% get new singles or ideas from their other "non-pure" indie fans on facebook.

do the majority of these weak-cross overs really care about music to extent where they research music on such social sites as bandcamp, soundcloud, the hype machine, needle drop, gorilla vs bear, daytrotter...etc. i would have to guess no. they receive music from the mainstream sources. is this bad? no, enjoy the music you listen to. but when comparing the black keys to the majority of innovative and engaging acts on the coachella roster, it's my opinion and i believe the opinion of people who "don't get" the black keys that there is just not much to care about when you look at some stellar, lower-tier bands.

even with a substantial or material indie cross-over, which i guess exists since indie music blogs seem to enjoy it and it got a decent or solid (7.4) review on PF. No PF isn't the end-all-be-all of music, it's just for reference (and i think spin and RS reviews are shit) El Camino did pull in solid reviews. but what "music innovation" or new and fresh sound have the black keys brought to the table that takes them an evolutionary artistic step above and beyond what they've done before? el camino is non-existent on PF's, Stereogum's, and Brooklyn Vegan's best albums of 2011 lists. Although on PF's Reader's Poll, which imo is a solid barometer of the indie fan base they clocked in at #29. from these lists, i would guess, they came out with a decent "rock" album...but is El Camino along with the back end of their catalogue really that enthralling? i can't say because i haven't listened to their entire catalogue just because of the songs i've heard, they sound the same. i've also heard that same sound review from a number of different people.

what is there not to get, well maybe some people are asking why are they headlining and do they deserve to be a headliner? Coachella would have sold out both weekends in the same amount of time without them being highlighted as a headliner. they have brought nothing new to the table, nothing that reverberated throughout the web hailing El Camino as something special. I'd also venture to say that there are more lower-tier bands on the poster that produced more personal excitement throughout this community with their most recent release than The Black Keys did on El Camino. maybe give one of the "smaller acts" a chance to shine or put on a performance that fans will still be talking about years down the line.

i'm not saying that The Black Keys won't rock the fuck out and put on a great show. also after seeing them a lot more people in this community may say, yea the black keys deserved to headline this year and i'm happy they did. i thought they were stellar and I wasn't even tripping balls, they touched my soul. yes i referenced the black keys newest release, maybe i should have really dug in and went through years of reviews of their past work along with concert performances. that could be a tad overkill.

i use quotations marks wayyy too much, some of my sentences stumble over each other, i'm not an english major, i'm still a january coachella virgin newb, i haven't had sex in almost a fucking year, and i'm one of the people who doesn't care about the black keys. just thought i'd add my rambling two cents.

are people who hail the black keys as a great band incorrect or wrong? fuck no...i just want everyone to be happy come coachella.

off topic, nice Gribble avatar.
    Last edited by Cameron Frye; 01-18-2012 at 01:03 PM.