Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Broken Stuff or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Customer Service

Default Re: Dr. Broken Stuff or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Customer Service

I actually need new glasses rather desperately. I opted to get contact lenses last year instead of glasses, but the contacts didn't work out and I need that newer prescription in glasses, or another eye examination entirely. My current glasses don't work as well anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Default Re: Dr. Broken Stuff or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Customer Service

Oh hey. I forgot to update this with the rest of my results because I got bored. But mostly it was unnoteworthy.

On the plus side, I did get a pretty killer new pair of $350 boots in exchange for some old broken shoes. And Apple offered me a new iPhone, but I decided to go Android instead because I never want to see the inside of another Apple retail store ever ever again.

Oh! And I also now have a Delta Air Lines voucher worth $106.77. Time to book some travel, I guess.

I read your entire thread just because I love receiving real letters so much that I was reading your responses as if I received them Hehe.

You are so awesome, Courtney. I'm really impressed with Hertz because of your story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Courtney, write a complaint letter to Barbara, right now.

Why not an infatuation letter? Or a letter with samples. Hehehe.
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

Aw Barb. I love writing letters a lot! I have an old pink Olympia SM7 typewriter that I like to pull out when I corresponding with friends and family. My little sister has been in the peace corps for the past two years, and I type out a litter to her pretty much every week.

You should PM me your address!

Aww ok!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! I'm so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I actually need new glasses rather desperately. I opted to get contact lenses last year instead of glasses, but the contacts didn't work out and I need that newer prescription in glasses, or another eye examination entirely. My current glasses don't work as well anymore.
    Ask your doctor for your prescription. Then go to zennioptical.com and buy like 3 pairs of glasses for $100.

I'm going to try to take on U.S. Airways..

My flight home was a nightmare. There were about 4 or 5 flights all delayed in a row (which is the airport *cough*JFK*cough*/traffic controller's fault) but goddamn if U.S. Airways didn't keep us in the dark so the everyone didn't cancel their flights and ask for their monies back. Pretty much my whole plane missed their connecting flight from Phoenix to L.A. causing us all to have to monies on a hotel at PHX. (No, they did not comp us a hotel..) I'm going to explain politely that keeping everyone in the dark about something that was obviously going to cause everyone to pay out of pocket for a hotel wasn't exactly the right thing to do. And also the entire time there was only 1 lady at the ticketing counter with 2 gates of 4 flights of people just chillin' in a room standing and waiting to get some info. The lady didn't even bother to make announcements about the delays and cancellations. Right.. just let us figure it out, wait it out, until it's too late to do something about it.

I swear to god the room was packed with 100+ angry ass people and I was just there smiling and humming and... I felt really out of place. I knew there wasn't anything I could do at that moment and I know the airline probably won't respond to my complaint so.. Why drive myself and everyone around me crazy? No reason to hold that much anger. If my "strongly worded letter" doesn't do anything.. I'll just do my best not to fly that airline, again no biggie.

Courtney, I would like to ask your opinion/advice on how I should go about this? Thank you! (Anyone else is more than welcome to give advice or just call me names if u gwant to..)
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Oh, I had something that i meant to post here but I never did. I bought Cooper tires about 7 months ago and they had a promotional deal for Hollywood bowl tickets. I had misread the card about the amount of vouchers I thought I would get, and felt the language was misleading. i wrote the following e-mail:

To whom it concerns,

I wanted to alert you that the language in the mail-in redemption card for your Hollywood Bowl tickets deal is confusing and misleading. On the mail-in card found in stores, the offer says "2 vouchers for 4 tickets to any 2 of the following shows," which sure makes it sound like the offer is for a total of 8 tickets. This language is changed significantly in the letter I received with my ticket vouchers, but it's not what was advertised to me when I purchased my tires.

To avoid further confusion and unhappy customers, you may want to revise this language and more carefully check before literature is printed in future promotions.

Thanks,

Andrew Meisner
    Almost immediately after, within like 5 minutes 9and this was after 8pm) i got this response:

Andrew:

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I am mailing you two more vouchers for your trouble. I appreciate the fact that you reached out to me.

I have also attached the artwork that we used for the promotion ... are these the forms you are referring to?

If so, they do say "receive 2 vouchers for four complimentary reserved bench seat tickets to any one of the following concerts" .... I have also checked a hard copy of the form and it appears to be the same. Based on this information, I will insure that there was not an alternative form for point of sale materials sent out ...

Thanks again for the help and enjoy whichever show you choose, the seats you'll end up getting will be very good seats <if you can, redeem them soon to insure the best seats>.
    And I ended up with 2 more vouchers in the mail not 2 days later! Pretty awesome. it was also a great promotion as the tickets were very good. i ended up with 8 tickets that would have retailed about $0-60 each.
    Last edited by Drinkey McDrinkerstein; 09-07-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Wow that's sweeeeet Drinkey. I hope I get an ending like that!

Unfortunately, it seems like all Airlines nowadays have the worst fucking customer service possible and will do everything to not admit any wrongdoing. I wish you luck!

As for my situation, i was totally blown away with that customer service and would totally recommend Cooper Tires to anyone. They were also the cheapest possible option for what seemed like decent quality tires at the time, so i was going to buy them regardless of any promotional offers.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Yeah, airlines are bastards. I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I have a question about tickets that hopefully someone can help me with... I purchased 2 tickets a couple months back and was charged 12.50 shipping charge. Fine no problem, but the following day I made two more transactions and each also charged me a seperate 12.50 for shipping. I figured fuck it, I shoulda bought all my tickets at the same time. But when I received them in the mail, they all arrived in the same envelope. Am I the only one that finds something wrong with that? Has this happened to anyone before and have you been able to get the shipping charges refunded?

Thx in advance for any and all help.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Some airlines do it better. This entire chat took about 45 seconds:

Quote Originally Posted by EastLos01 View Post
    I have a question about tickets that hopefully someone can help me with... I purchased 2 tickets a couple months back and was charged 12.50 shipping charge. Fine no problem, but the following day I made two more transactions and each also charged me a seperate 12.50 for shipping. I figured fuck it, I shoulda bought all my tickets at the same time. But when I received them in the mail, they all arrived in the same envelope. Am I the only one that finds something wrong with that? Has this happened to anyone before and have you been able to get the shipping charges refunded?

Thx in advance for any and all help.
    I need more information. Why do you keep choosing that shipping option? How are they being shipped? Where is this from? Are you certain this is a shipping charge and not some other service fee?
    last.fm

My Kindle Paperwhite broke this morning -- the screen shows gibberish except the bottom inch which shows my actual screen. I did an online chat with Kindle Support and they are shipping me out a new Kindle for free to arrive THIS Friday! I am really impressed with that kind of customer service. I am to ship my broken Kindle back to them in a package they will provide with the new Kindle.

There is a reason Amazon is one of the most liked companies.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

You could possibly get an easy and near to nothing in cost eye exam/prescription from a local optometry school. They are always in need of eyeballs to practice with. That is where I get mine (prescriptions not eyeballs). I then go online and find some offers on lenses and frames. Give that a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

In college I used to be obsessed with Brach's Gummi Bears sold at Wal-Mart:

One day I came across a gummi shaped not as a bear, but as the logo for Hot Wheels.

Although I figured it had to be some kind of manufacturing error, I was intrigued and decided to call customer service on the off-chance this was some kind of Golden Ticket. I recorded the conversations (there were two) and for whatever reason they ended up mailing me out Brach's gift certificates. That was a nice touch. I need to re-listen to those recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    You could possibly get an easy and near to nothing in cost eye exam/prescription from a local optometry school. They are always in need of eyeballs to practice with. That is where I get mine (prescriptions not eyeballs). I then go online and find some offers on lenses and frames. Give that a shot.
    You responded to a post from two years ago btw.

You responded to a post from two years ago btw.

Well. Umm. Uhhhhhh... ... How's life been since then?
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Better late than never.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Better late than never.
    ^^ Haven't seen you in forever. Our losing weight turned into Fitchella. Pioneers being outgunned.

Here's an email I received last Monday from the manager of a customer service rep who has not been responsive. The manager promises to reach out to me "next week". Since today is the last day of "next week", should I email or call today or wait until NEXT week to do so?

Thank you for your email. I will speak with Jane and I can assign you to another service rep if you prefer just let me know. I will look into finding a less intrusive solution to your seating situation and will touch base you next week. In the meantime, I apologize that you had a problem with Jane while we cant solve every problem there is no excuse for not returning calls and staying on top of service issues, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Best Regards,
    Manager Lady
    Excerpt of my letter sent to Manager Lady
    It is very irritating and I wish that over the course of the last six years, something could be done about this. Ive discussed with Jane on multiple occasions including:
    Personal Letter sent in May 2007
    Follow-up phone calls and notes in upgrade season renewals
    In-Person conversations as late as the 2012-13 season
    Personal Letter sent in May 2013
    Email sent in 2013
    Latest phone conversation on September 3, 2013
    None of these times I reached out to Jane, did I receive a follow-up from her. Instead, my personal letters were ignored in the form-letters sent in August indicating inability to improve our current seat location, my in-person and voice conversations were received with a kind ear, but no plan or commitment to see what could be done, and the few emails Ive sent were not responded to.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Wes, the answer very clearly is, the Lakers don't give two shits about you, and so you shouldn't give two shits about them either.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Tom, this is in regards to my Sparks tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Wes, the answer very clearly is, the Sparks don't give two shits about you, and so you shouldn't give two shits about them either.
    See above.

Wes (and anyone else), e-mail customer service is absolutely horrible, and should be avoided.

This is because it allows the person on the receiving end to quickly and easily dismiss you, without any kind of stress or urgent need to resolve the problem. E-mail is the passive-aggressive customer service rep's wet dream come true.

You should always use the telephone option for customer service (ESPECIALLY complaints), unless that option is not made available to you.

Not surprisingly, "Manager Lady" has not called you, because you are not on her mind. She fired off a completely insincere e-mail (trust me that she said absolutely nothing to Jane about it, except perhaps to casually mention that you complained), and it's pretty much over for her. She has other things on her mind now. Unfortunately, customer service reps are like dogs. They respond if you are yelling at them, and learn if you made an impact at some point, but they generally live in the moment and don't think about what happened last week.

You should DEFINITELY call her today. The chance that she calls you next week (or ever) is very low. In general, very few customer service reps ever call you back, anyway. That's one of the biggest customer service problems of this day.

If necessary, get a hold of Manager Lady's boss if you are not getting satisfaction from her.

If you are looking for some kind of seat upgrade out of them, I would use this (and past bad experiences) as ammunition to get what you want, and in fact perhaps you can stretch a free or discounted upgrade out of it.

When you are wronged by customer service reps in some way, there are three things you should do:

1) Get a hold of someone who can actually solve the problem.

2) Express enough outrage to where you receive some sort of compensation for the trouble you went through.

3) If you feel that you were treated in some sort of malicious fashion, or if you were ignored to the point where it became disrespectful, you should make sure that someone with the power to discipline that employee hears the story.

Good luck.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.