Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Broken Stuff or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Customer Service

Default Re: Dr. Broken Stuff or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    Awhile back, I cut my hand (i.e. scratched) opening a 20 oz Dr Pepper bottle because the cap's plastic ring was mildly serrated. I was in a bad mood, it was a night shift, and I had a lot of time on my hands, so I crafted a letter to Dr Pepper explaining that their beverage shouldn't cut my precious hands. I received several emails, phone calls, and apology letters, coupons and a silly amount of Dr Pepper shwag (hats, shirts, towels, etc).

In other words, keep on keeping on Courtney.
    This is super badass. I hope the next time I see you, you will be covered in head-to-toe Dr. Pepper paraphernalia.

Default Re: Dr. Broken Stuff or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    This is a really cool idea, may just have to start trying this out. I'm not surprised by the airline response; it's sad that most people have come to expect that kind of service from all airlines in general.
    Yes, please join me! I would be so curious to see the responses that other people get.

Coachella Junkie

Corporate shills.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    Courtney, thank you for trying to keep the board classy and interesting. It's these kind of threads that keep me coming back.
    Aw, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Corporate shills.
    If US Air would send me some free stuff, I would gladly be a shill. My love comes cheap.

retracted.

Things that I have observed so far:

1) Travel-related companies and companies responding to praise letters seem to respond a lot more quickly than anyone else.

2) Every single customer service person ever seems to be female.

I sure hope that I get some responses to my complaint letters. But in the meantime, I received two more responses to my positive letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Ha, that is horrible. I still feel stupid using the weird marketing names that fast food chains come up with. I mean, at Starbucks I can hardly bring myself to ask for a "grande" -- it makes no sense that it's the name for their medium size, and I protest that.
    My God, I hate coldstone creamery for this... I just call the medium ice cream medium. fuck them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Dear dorkfish,

Your customer service regarding artist and venue information is unparalleled. However, I recently noticed that you came into the possession of a Dr. Pepper's hat. If you don't know, in the which case, shame on you, I am a huge fan of novelty, obnoxious hat-wear. In the off-chance that you are not putting your Dr. Pepper's hat to good use--by which I mean embarrassing others by wearing it in public with them--I humbly request that you forward this hat to me. Failure to do so will result in nothing.

Cordially,
    guedita

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

I sent Smuckers a letter telling them how I appreciate that they make 100% fruit jams instead of cramming high fructose corn syrup in all their products. They sent me back a nice letter pushing their website, and two small coupons.

Outcome: Ok

I sent Burt's Bees a letter telling them how amazing I think their lip balms are and asking if they have any samples of new products they could send me, because I'm a greedy bastard like that. They sent me back a letter saying that they don't give away samples, but they will give away a sample.

Outcome: Sample success

I sent Smuckers a letter telling them how I appreciate that they make 100% fruit jams instead of cramming high fructose corn syrup in all their products. They sent me back a nice letter pushing their website, and two small coupons.

cheap mfers

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

I like to go in and ask for a coffee. Recently a lady seemed to be afraid to say "black", or was baiting me in to saying it because there was a black guy in line. I said "BLACK!". Then turned to look at him, because obviously he cared.

Silly white folk.

On a thread related note, I'm gonna write Crayola and tell them their black crayon offends me.

I sent Burt's Bees a letter telling them how amazing I think their lip balms are and asking if they have any samples of new products they could send me, because I'm a greedy bastard like that. They sent me back a letter saying that they don't give away samples, but they will give away a sample.

Outcome: Sample success
    oh my god i need to do this every time i run out of a stick. this is all i use. obsessed/addicted.

But Courtney, Sugar is Sugar.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Wrote to the organizers of FYF Fest after they clusterfucked 2010. They sent nothing in return, but fixed things appropriately in 2011.
    well, of course things were fixed. look who one of the promoters was.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    On a thread related note, I'm gonna write Crayola and tell them their black crayon offends me.
    tell them to rename it african-american.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    But Courtney, Sugar is Sugar.
    Quote Originally Posted by FROM ARTICLE
    And gas is gas, but the odors my kids emit aren't the same thing that I put into my car to get them to school. To claim that would be irresponsible, and to claim that high fructose corn syrup, by any name, is the same as sugar is irresponsible, too.
    Correct.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

This is super badass. I hope the next time I see you, you will be covered in head-to-toe Dr. Pepper paraphernalia.
    I'm now picturing Brad as Garth.

My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Love that Smuckers HQ is located on Strawberry Lane.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

<3those uniball pens too. the blues are harder to find; i should do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Thread of the year!

Quick question: who is it that you write to at these companies? Is there a specific person that deals with these types of consumer complaints? I have very expensive Bose headphones that went deaf on one side for no reason at all. Maybe I should go ahead and send them a letter asking for a new one or at least a deep discount on future purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    Quick question: who is it that you write to at these companies? Is there a specific person that deals with these types of consumer complaints? I have very expensive Bose headphones that went deaf on one side for no reason at all. Maybe I should go ahead and send them a letter asking for a new one or at least a deep discount on future purchases.

Customer service.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 09-08-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

I used to work in customer service for a company that sells books. Started on the phones, then got a more specialized position answering emails. I did this for about 5 years.

I think everyone should work in a job where they have to deal with the general public at least once, you develop a lot more empathy.

Several years ago I went to a Steak and Shake (a chain here in the midwest) close to midnight. I sat and didn't get service after waiting for 5 minutes, and people who came in after me did. I left and wrote them a letter, they sent me an apology and some coupons.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Customer service.
    Wrong. THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY: URGEN!T is how rasooli should address his letters.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Executive Email Carpet Bomb!

Once I gave a Starbucks barista a homemade chocolate chip cookie that my friend made, and he gave me a "get a free drink on us!" coupon. It's pays to be nice, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    Once I gave a Starbucks barista a homemade chocolate chip cookie that my friend made, and he gave me a "get a free drink on us!" coupon. It's pays to be nice, I guess.
    If I was a Starbucks barista (which I once was, a long time ago) and a customer gave me a homemade cookie, I probably wouldn't have eaten it, out of fear of not knowing what the hell was in it. But maybe the Starbucks in your neighborhood has less crazies.

I wrote Nature's Path a letter about how much I like their Optimum breakfast cereal and asking if they have any other cereals that contain an equal amount of protein. They wrote me back a letter about where Nature's Path is stocked in California. Reading comprehension: they don't have it.

Outcome: wtf?