Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Dr. Broken Stuff or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Customer Service

Default Re: Dr. Broken Stuff or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Customer Service

Thanks Archie. I called and got it taken care of. I didn't get more than I deserved, but the issue is resolved with what they thought was a sacrafice on our part, but wasn't really. It was a very hard problem for the Lakers to figure out. For the last 6 years there was a single seat behind us in row 3 and a single seat to our right in row 2. Our personal space has been in the line of discussion, reach, popcorn sharing, beer spilling, and yelling between the pairs who sit there each game (they are not season ticket holders). During this time, not a single seat all the way around the arena in rows 1-3 has turned-over, so there has been no opportunity to shift anyone around.

They've been trying to reach STHs in row 3 to shift them around, but can't reach them. Instead, we volunteered to shift over one seat away from center court; something our rep could have and should have done for us years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Default Re: Dr. Broken Stuff or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    You should always use the telephone option for customer service (ESPECIALLY complaints), unless that option is not made available to you.
    Absolutely agree. If you want to get it down in writing, then you can write an email or letter after the call, but the call is what will get shit done.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Thanks Archie. I called and got it taken care of. I didn't get more than I deserved, but the issue is resolved with what they thought was a sacrafice on our part, but wasn't really. It was a very hard problem for the Lakers to figure out. For the last 6 years there was a single seat behind us in row 3 and a single seat to our right in row 2. Our personal space has been in the line of discussion, reach, popcorn sharing, beer spilling, and yelling between the pairs who sit there each game (they are not season ticket holders). During this time, not a single seat all the way around the arena in rows 1-3 has turned-over, so there has been no opportunity to shift anyone around.

They've been trying to reach STHs in row 3 to shift them around, but can't reach them. Instead, we volunteered to shift over one seat away from center court; something our rep could have and should have done for us years ago.
    Interesting. Sounds like you came up with a good solution...

... BUT I am wondering why you didn't ask for something for all your trouble here -- like some money off your season purchase ticket this year, free food vouchers, or whatever they give as compensation to wronged customers. Frequently all you need to do is first make a speech about your hardship, and then ask if anything can be done for you because of everything you went through. They are often empowered with some sort of "peace offering" they can easily give. So, like if they have a giant coupon book of $50 food vouchers, they won't mind ripping one out and sending it to you.

You shouldn't feel guilty about asking for this when put through hell from a customer service standpoint, because some of the price of your tickets are actually paying for good customer service, and you didn't receive that.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Hahaha!

Got a great deal on a wireless router. I emailed Newegg and told them how much I needed one, how low the price was, and how awesome their free shipping is (tracking# says my router will arrive at my doorstep tomorrow), and how long I've been a customer of theirs. Got this email in return.

Thank you for contacting Newegg. Please know that we honestly strive to ensure that all our customers are completely satisfied with each and every purchase at Newegg. Thus, your kind words and commendation is a pleasant indicator that we have achieved this goal.

If you have had a pleasant Newegg experience, we would like to extend a special invitation to you to post an online review about your experience. Any positive experiences you share would be greatly appreciated. As you may or may not know, one of our most important resources in obtaining new customers is word-of-mouth on the internet. When current patrons, such as yourself, post positive Newegg experiences on sites, you greatly increase our chances of acquiring new customers.

Feel free to use Reseller Ratings to leave a review: www.ResellerRatings.com

We certainly appreciate your support and patronage and I've generated an order to have a Newegg gift sent out to you. This is the least we can do to express our appreciation for your support!

Thanks again for writing and have a pleasant day! =)

Newegg Customer Service

Once you know, you Newegg.

that's a seriously bad tagline.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I wrote an e mail to Saffron Road Foods because they had an awesome Chicken Tikka Masala frozen entrée that I loved. They have since changed their recipe and it is now horrible. I explained this to them and received this response:

Good morning Erica,

Thank you so much for your interest in Saffron Road. I am so pleased to hear that you have been enjoying our meals to date, however, I must extend a sincere apology for our most recent products falling short of your expectations. We always strive for consistency, but making what we believe to be authentic meals in any volume can occasionally cause problems.

I'd also like to thank you for sending us your feedback in notifying us of this issue. We have recently added extra production capability which has caused the slight change in flavor that you've noticed in our Chicken Tikka Masala Frozen Entrée. While the ingredients may be slightly different, our goal is to have the same authentic and premium meals that you've been used to. If you have the Best By Date and Lode of the product you've purchased, it would be greatly appreciated if you could forward that to us. This information can be found stamped on the end flap of the package, opposite the Nutrition Facts. Access to the Best By Date and Lot Code will help our Quality Assurance Department in further looking into this matter. We are constantly looking for ways to better satisfy our loyal customers, and so we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

If you would kindly provide your mailing address, I would be more than happy to mail you some free coupons so that you may continue to enjoy our products.

Thank you again for your feedback. We genuinely appreciate your loyalty to Saffron Road, and all of us here hope you enjoy your next meal on us!

Best,
    Njeri

Customer Service Representative
    Saffron Road Foods
    1177 Summer Street 3rd Floor
    Stamford, CT 06905
    (203) 961.1954

I would say this is a positive outcome and I hope they fix it!
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

They should have sent coupons with the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    I wrote an e mail to Saffron Road Foods
    If you would kindly provide your mailing address, I would be more than happy to mail you some free coupons so that you may continue to enjoy our products.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

I contacted Rubio's customer service a short while ago. The restaurant was a mess, there was a line out of the door, and the GM decided that since 6pm hit, it was time for her to go. I've worked in the restaurant industry, and I can't conceivably imagine a GM leaving the store in that condition. The employees were in the weeds and she just left. I also complained about the burritos being skimpy on chicken. My letter was pretty thorough and gave a lot of details. This was their response:

Dear ****,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Rubio's. Our guests are our most important asset and we value your comments and concerns as they allow us the opportunity to improve.

Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your recent visit. We are committed to delivering a great dining experience in a spotless environment to every guest, and I regret this was not your experience.

I will be following up on your concerns with the appropriate management. Your business is very important to me and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with a positive dining experience.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Yvonne Brown
    District Manager - Region 3
    (623)203-2476

Now, while I never write complaints because I expect free stuff, it is certainly appreciated. At the very least they could have done better than a bullshit (almost) canned response. The chain overall has gone seriously downhill, and I only will pick up food for the family from there since it's relatively close to my house. I went back again and waited 20 minutes for my food. Horribly mismanaged.

I have almost always had pleasant experiences at my local Rubios'es.

I was amazon's chat for customer service yesterday, and while looking up something for me, the rep asked how my day was going and how things were in Canada, and how happy he was living in Jamaica, and it would be nice if I came to visit there. It was nice to have someone just make light chat and be pleasant while trying to help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Aww that's cute. I have to work on my small talk chat at my work.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I have almost always had pleasant experiences at my local Rubios'es.
    The one on Tatum and Bell blows.

The one on Power and Baseline in Mesa is good, and the one at 44th St and Indian School is good.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I was amazon's chat for customer service yesterday, and while looking up something for me, the rep asked how my day was going and how things were in Canada, and how happy he was living in Jamaica, and it would be nice if I came to visit there. It was nice to have someone just make light chat and be pleasant while trying to help you.
    Amazon's customer service is awesome!

The letter from that restaurant is pretty lame. They definitely should have reimbursed you.

I complained about the service being horrible at a new La Madeline's here and got no response! Bad customer service really irks me. It's not that hard to be somewhat friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    Amazon's customer service is awesome!
    CafePress is amazing too. A while back I had ordered a custom t-shirt where the print sat too low on the front of the shirt, and it looked funny. I got on their chat and asked what we could do, and since it was a custom item they refunded me, and told me to keep the shirt so I didn't have to pay shipping charges to return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Amazon does have amazing customer service, but in general I absolutely do not want small chat when I am talking to customer service on the phone. If I am at the point that i am having to get someone on the phone, I am usually pretty upset. Anything that seems remotely unrelated to solving my problem usually pisses me off.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

They do small chat while they're looking shit up. One cannot be silent on the phone for periods of time. At my work, we would get marked down for being quiet too long.

Paid by the keystroke