Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 938

Thread: College Football 2011

  1. #61
    Coachella Junkie fikus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    8,189

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Hawaii with a convincing win over new Pac-12 member Colorado.

    Let's see how Hawaii fares next week in Seattle against Washington.
    4/11 Chela / Classixx @ The Independent
    4/14 MSMR / Jagwar Ma @ The Fillmore
    4/18 Disclosure @ The Greek Theater
    4/18 Flight Facilities @ The Mezzanine
    5/13 Broods @ The Independent
    5/30 Goldroom @ The Independent
    6/07 Jungle @ The Independent
    7/02 EMA @ The Independent
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5

  2. #62
    Member biggfoot17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Costa Mesa
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    This is true. TCU losing didn't do the Broncos any favors though. I also don't think Boise is nearly as good as they were last year, Georgia is not a good football team.
    It's way too early to compare Boise St to last year. I agree that Georgia is overrated, but that still shouldn't take away what Boise St was able to do to them. All three of Georgia's scores came on plays over 35 yards, but the last two were on a third string safety, so there shouldn't be much concern over that. The D kept the preseason All SEC QB on lock down for a good portion of the game by overpowering an offensive line that was much, much bigger than them. Not much needs to be said about Kellen Moore. The guy will lead that offense to 30+ a game easily. To say this team isn't nearly as good is jumping the gun just a bit.

    Hopefully the TCU D just had a really, really bad day and they can bounce back to old form. SDSU and/or Air Force will crack the top 25 at some point as well, so that will help to bolster Boise St's resume a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

  3. #63

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    How funny was it seeing Brian Kelly turn into a tomato during the first half yesterday? Im not hating on Notre Dame or any Notre Dame fans. It was just funny. And more than a little embarrassing for Kelly. Youd figure hed be able to keep his composure more.

  4. #64
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by biggfoot17 View Post
    It's way too early to compare Boise St to last year. I agree that Georgia is overrated, but that still shouldn't take away what Boise St was able to do to them. All three of Georgia's scores came on plays over 35 yards, but the last two were on a third string safety, so there shouldn't be much concern over that. The D kept the preseason All SEC QB on lock down for a good portion of the game by overpowering an offensive line that was much, much bigger than them. Not much needs to be said about Kellen Moore. The guy will lead that offense to 30+ a game easily. To say this team isn't nearly as good is jumping the gun just a bit.
    It should, because Georgia isn't even a top 30 team. this year.

    As far as how good Boise is, we'll never know cuz they dont play anyone until the bowl. Same ole story.
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  5. #65
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,859

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    It should, because Georgia isn't even a top 30 team. this year.

    As far as how good Boise is, we'll never know cuz they dont play anyone until the bowl. Same ole story.
    Tell us more, great sage of college football.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  6. #66
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,028

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    So the big news on ESPN is that Texas and Oklahoma want to join the Pac-12. Does anyone think that this is the first big push toward a national realignment of conferences?
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  7. #67
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,644

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    How funny was it seeing Brian Kelly turn into a tomato during the first half yesterday? Im not hating on Notre Dame or any Notre Dame fans. It was just funny. And more than a little embarrassing for Kelly. Youd figure hed be able to keep his composure more.
    That's his style, for what it's worth. I kind of enjoy it, because as a Notre Dame fan that game was about as frustrating as it comes, so when I'm sitting there screaming at the television and they cut to a shot of Brian Kelly looking like his heart is about ready to explode it provides a bit of much-needed comic relief. Three redzone turnovers and 30yd missed field goal will take years off any coaches life. We should have won that game by three scores.

  8. #68

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Three redzone turnovers and 30yd missed field goal will take years off any coaches life. We should have won that game by three scores.
    They giftwrapped that game for South Florida.

  9. #69
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Tell us more, great sage of college football.
    what do you want to know?
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  10. #70
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,408

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Tell us more, great sage of college football.
    The point he is making still stands regardless of how many times it's brought up. Boise State has played ONE big game and the national respect they get is ridiculous.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  11. #71
    Member disgustipated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    2,169

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    They get respect because they are a program with a tradition of winning. Especially over the past few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

  12. #72
    Member biggfoot17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Costa Mesa
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    The point he is making still stands regardless of how many times it's brought up. Boise State has played ONE big game and the national respect they get is ridiculous.
    Your comment is ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

  13. #73
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,859

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    The fact that Utah was TCU's landmark win last season is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  14. #74
    Member biggfoot17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Costa Mesa
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    That's true. The Rose Bowl doesn't really mean much
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

  15. #75
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    So the big news on ESPN is that Texas and Oklahoma want to join the Pac-12. Does anyone think that this is the first big push toward a national realignment of conferences?
    Oh, so last year with the Pac 12 coming into form, Nebraska going to The Big Ten, and TCU going to the Big East wasnt a sign?

  16. #76
    Wheels Of Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Drinking Milk
    Posts
    6,969

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Uhhh... I actually like Maryland's uniforms...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

  17. #77
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    Uhhh... I actually like Maryland's uniforms...
    Let me know about the 58 other variations too.

  18. #78
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,436

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Let me know about the 58 other variations too.
    but...underarmour
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  19. #79
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by disgustipated View Post
    They get respect because they are a program with a tradition of winning. Especially over the past few years.
    Since when does tradition mean "the past few years"????
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  20. #80
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Keep in mind BSU, Georgia is NOT a good football team.
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  21. #81
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,859

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Your opinion has been noted. Feel free to stop posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  22. #82
    old school heyeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,072

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Navy is off to a great start again this year.

    Saturdays game pulls in a win against Delaware(40-17) who were unconditioned to the max.

  23. #83
    Member biggfoot17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Costa Mesa
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    Keep in mind BSU, Georgia is NOT a good football team.
    I didn't believe you the first time you said it because of your lack of reasoning behind the statement, but now that you've said it twice it must be true
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

  24. #84
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    That's his style, for what it's worth. I kind of enjoy it, because as a Notre Dame fan that game was about as frustrating as it comes, so when I'm sitting there screaming at the television and they cut to a shot of Brian Kelly looking like his heart is about ready to explode it provides a bit of much-needed comic relief. Three redzone turnovers and 30yd missed field goal will take years off any coaches life. We should have won that game by three scores.
    Absolutely. Apoplexy was the only appropriate reaction to that game. After decades of emotionless coaches, it's nice to see someone fired up out there. Now if it can start translating into victories, we'll be on to something.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  25. #85
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by biggfoot17 View Post
    I didn't believe you the first time you said it because of your lack of reasoning behind the statement, but now that you've said it twice it must be true
    Oh it true
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  26. #86
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Your opinion has been noted. Feel free to stop posting.
    You do the same
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  27. #87
    Member disgustipated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    2,169

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    Since when does tradition mean "the past few years"????
    Pay attention to the details. Key word in the sentence you failed to quote being 'especially'. In my book anyone with a 70% all-time win record has a tradition of winning. 'Especially' over the past few years where they have won over 92% of their games.
    Last edited by disgustipated; 09-06-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

  28. #88
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,859

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Ohio State fans. The worst? Debatably, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  29. #89

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Ohio State fans. The worst? Debatably, yes.
    They are definitely right up there. My all time favorite college football memory is being at the 2006/07 Championship game in Arizona and watching my Gators completely silence 75% of the crowd that were all OSU fans. I saw dudes crying, as the Gators continued to beat the crap out of them. I'm literally grining from ear to ear just typing this. Then I watched us beat the crap out of them in the basketball national championship two months later. 2007 was a fucking great year!

    Also, Georgia fans tend to be delusional about their national significance. You guys need a better coach, but this Richt guy seems like he has been phoning it in for the past five years. And enough about Herschal. Yeah, he was a fucking beast, but that was 30 years ago.

    And us Gator fans have been called pricks too. Not gonna lie.

  30. #90
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: College Football 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    They are definitely right up there. My all time favorite college football memory is being at the 2006/07 Championship game in Arizona and watching my Gators completely silence 75% of the crowd that were all OSU fans. I saw dudes crying, as the Gators continued to beat the crap out of them. I'm literally grining from ear to ear just typing this. Then I watched us beat the crap out of them in the basketball national championship two months later. 2007 was a fucking great year!

    Also, Georgia fans tend to be delusional about their national significance. You guys need a better coach, but this Richt guy seems like he has been phoning it in for the past five years. And enough about Herschal. Yeah, he was a fucking beast, but that was 30 years ago.

    And us Gator fans have been called pricks too. Not gonna lie.
    yes gator fans are pricks too.
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Similar Threads

  1. College Football 2010
    By suprefan in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 980
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 07:41 AM
  2. College Football 2009
    By boarderwoozel3 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 1091
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 08:57 AM
  3. College Football 2008
    By bakersfield in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 713
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 10:48 AM
  4. college football needs a playoff
    By oasis4life2002 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 04:38 PM
  5. ncaa college football 07
    By arbouler in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 376
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •