Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry for your loss.

Default Re: I'm sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    My mother-in-law passed away a few days after Coache11a. It's been 4 months and my husband broke down just the other night. It takes a long time to recover from the loss of your mom. In some ways you never do. It's as if you lose a part of your essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    There is truth here. My mother died in 1993 and I don't think I've been the same since.
    My mom died in March of this year. It seems weird to say that someone who wrestled with cancer for fifteen years died suddenly, but that's the way it was. She was fine at Christmas and dead ten weeks later. Of course she wasn't fine at Christmas, not really, but that's a testament to the way she lived. She never felt sorry for herself and never let any of us know how bad things were.

I got married a couple weeks ago, and it was extremely bittersweet. We were happy to have something to celebrate, but there was definitely something missing. My dad especially was having trouble keeping things together. But this is what happens when you're 65 and you married the woman you first met at the age of 14. But my mom was the personable one, the one who took it upon herself to keep the family together. Now my dad and brother and I are learning how to pick up where she left off.

This is all a long way of saying I can relate to what you've both expressed. Much of the last six months has felt like trying to breathe underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    My mom died in March of this year. It seems weird to say that someone who wrestled with cancer for fifteen years died suddenly, but that's the way it was. She was fine at Christmas and dead ten weeks later. Of course she wasn't fine at Christmas, not really, but that's a testament to the way she lived. She never felt sorry for herself and never let any of us know how bad things were.

I got married a couple weeks ago, and it was extremely bittersweet. We were happy to have something to celebrate, but there was definitely something missing. My dad especially was having trouble keeping things together. But this is what happens when you're 65 and you married the woman you first met at the age of 14. But my mom was the personable one, the one who took it upon herself to keep the family together. Now my dad and brother and I are learning how to pick up where she left off.

This is all a long way of saying I can relate to what you've both expressed. Much of the last six months has felt like trying to breathe underwater.
    Roberto, I'm sorry, really...I'm sitting here with a gentle flow of tears running down each cheek. I bet your wedding was beautiful and blessed because Mom's love nothing more than to "oversee" all the wedding details...Congrats btw! In time it gets easier, but those are awfully big shoes to fill for any of us...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Coachella Junkie

Just found out that a friend of mine hung himself this past Friday. He was a bartender at the restaurant next door to the venue I work at. I never knew or heard about any problems he may have had; I would never have guessed it with him.

Work isn't going to be the same for awhile.

Sorry to hear abou that Betao. I had a friend wo did the same thing a couple of years ago. I kept thinking about our interactions together and wondered if there were any signs that I may have missed. This guy was always cool and always laughing. I don't think there is a "look".
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

after 2 weeks of learning she had cancer, we finally had to put our cat down today....my wife and I are complete wrecks.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Great Grandma passed away the other day. Funeral tomorrow. She was 94. I'm hoping all 4 of my grandparents can last that long
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

I'm sure all your loved ones will pass easier knowing this coachella music festival message board thread awaits them.

Monday was my mother-in-laws 85th birthday. My daughter drew a birthday cake for her and put it on the window. She said she needs to be able to see it from the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I'm sure all your loved ones will pass easier knowing this coachella music festival message board thread awaits them.
    I'm pretty much looking forward to the day I croak so you all can post about me in here.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

^ what should we call your, "it's raining..." thread?
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Monday was my mother-in-laws 85th birthday. My daughter drew a birthday cake for her and put it on the window. She said she needs to be able to see it from the sky.
    that is both sad and exceedingly adorable to the point that my teeth hurt from the sweetness.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    ^ what should we call your, "it's raining..." thread?
    I don't know, but that's a good question.

old school

I got a call this morning from my girlfriend, in tears, and she asked me to come over. She told me that her brother was on the phone earlier and he said "The kids were gone". Her mother left to go help him out, but her and I didn't know what had happened for an hour, until around 5:30. She got a call from her mom, and her mother explains to her that the kids had suffered from burns and smoke inhalation in a trailer fire at their grandparents. They were 4 and 5, so innocent, so adorable, such wonderful kids. The tears have just hit me now, I only knew them a bit, but they were such fantastic kids. I babysat them once, and got one to draw a picture of my girlfriend, I remember them so well since I only have known them for the past year. I will miss them.

Oh my God. Sleepingrock that's awful, I'm so sorry.

old school

Everyone else involved is feeling it worse than I am. Writing it out just sent out some tears, helping me grasp the situation.

Reid, I'm so truly sorry. What a horrible thing. I don't even know what to say, except that I hope you realize what a tremendous comfort your presence is going to be for your girlfriend while getting through this.

Wow Reid I am so sorry that you, your girlfriend and her family have to experience such an indescribable loss. Sending my thoughts your way and wishing you all the best.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Wow...I don't even know what to say. That is so incredibly terrible. This must be such a strange and awful feeling for you Reid.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

My condolences, Reid.

I'm going to echo Hannah a bit, Reid. You're such a sweet and positive guy...I know that you will be such a comfort to your girlfriend and her family. My condolences.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

My heart broke when I read your post. My heart goes out to you and your girlfriend's family.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

I am so sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Absolutely heartbreaking. This is beyond devastating to the family. My deepest condolences to you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I'm really sorry to hear that. My condolences.

I'm so sorry, Sleepy.

I just read this. You are in my thoughts and prayers, Reid. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Jesus.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Gosh, that's just...beyond sad. I don't know how I would deal with it if my nieces & nephews were to go in such a tragic way.

Just reading this thread, my thoughts go out to all of you that have lost people that are close.

I am lucky so far: my mom in her late 60's goes to tai chi, dance and yoga classes and my dad is just damned durable.

However, my dad suffered a lot when he was younger. His only brother was sliced in half by a car accident when he was only 24, my grandma (his mom) died from a drunken bender in her early 40's, she choked on her own vomit while passed out. He was close w/ his dad, my grandpa who passed when I was only 15.

My dad and I have no always gotten along, but as I've become older, I forgive a lot of stuff he did that wasn't the nicest. He's a cynical bastard, but I get it. And he's family.
    Always wear a helmut

Such saddening news, I'm sorry Reid. Please extend my condolences to your girlfriend and her family, and accept the support I'm sending to you, because I already know you'll be there for her, but I also know you have a tough job ahead of you because of your own bond with those kids... So, so sad...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.