Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry for your loss.

Default Re: I'm sorry for your loss.

just saw a picture of my mom for the first time since, fuck at least more than a year. Not a good reaction, i'm kind of freaking out right now.

so much but I guess sometimes you just need to fucking cry it all out. i guess
    Last edited by sbessiso; 12-09-2011 at 04:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

If your kind and thoughtful nature is any indication of the type of person your Mother was, than I am not only sorry for your loss but ours as well.
    9/05 Sister Crayon @ the Rickshaw Stop
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

I carry my mom's photo id badge from her job in my wallet.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    If your kind and thoughtful nature is any indication of the type of person your Mother was, than I am not only sorry for your loss but ours as well.
    youre going to make me cry again, that is too nice.

Im not at a point yet where I can have or look at pictures. I dont care if its been a year and 8 months its still too soon for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

The good thing about pictures is that they're always there, waiting until the day you're ready. You'll get there eventually, promise. Love you, Sally.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

I don't look at the photo as often as you would imagine. It still makes me verklempt after 7 years.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

6 years ago, at about 3:45 in the morning, my best friend's younger brother passed away at 18. I'm pretty much a part of their family and it was certainly the most jarring and grief stricken period I've ever experienced -- from helping to plan the funeral, catching his mother from fainting when she first saw him presented in the open casket, and holding onto my friend when she had an out of body experience and tried to jump into grave with him. We buried him in a nice suit and these hideous neon orange bowling shoes that he was proud of...though he never bowled higher than a 50. It's so strange to have lost someone you grew up laughing with.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

^^^I was sad with you then I read your sig and smiled

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    6 years ago, at about 3:45 in the morning, my best friend's younger brother passed away at 18. I'm pretty much a part of their family and it was certainly the most jarring and grief stricken period I've ever experienced -- from helping to plan the funeral, catching his mother from fainting when she first saw him presented in the open casket, and holding onto my friend when she had an out of body experience and tried to jump into grave with him. We buried him in a nice suit and these hideous neon orange bowling shoes that he was proud of...though he never bowled higher than a 50. It's so strange to have lost someone you grew up laughing with.
    My baby brother and I lost our life long best friend/brother-from-another-mother to a drunk driver a few months ago. He was 23. I've never felt pain like that. It was physical, body shaking pain that lasted weeks. I'm so sorry you had to experience this.

As the years go by, the realization of how much time has passed will often bring a fresh sort of pain, as you realize you've grown up and away and have moved forward in your life in a way that the person never will, never had the opportunity to. It is sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Went through the same thing a couple of Thanksgivings ago; my best friend from elementary/high school's older brother (by a year) died from a brain tumor. He used to annoy us by putting his boom box outside his sister's door when we were in her room and blast Weird Al Yankovich. It's the most upset over someone's death that I've ever been, including family.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

VigoTheCarpathian

I have no fucking idea how people cope with loosing their children.

Well, this has been a heartbreaking bump.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

April was the 11th year since my older brother passed away. He was in a car accident and was not found for a few hours. He survived the crash but his leg bone was broken so bad that it broke skin. He was operated a few days later after, once they killed the infection caused by the skin breaking. He passed away a week after the crash from a Blood clot that went to his lungs. This happened in Mexico, and My parents flew out to be with him. I was left behind to take care of my kid brother and sister. It was 5 years before I was able to let myself mourn. Even the first time I went to visit his burial site, I was under the impression that he would just pop out and say "Psyche"!!!! I still don't know how to express how his death affected my views on death. Just weird a few years ago on my birthday, and knew that I was now older than my older brother. Thanks to all of you who have shared , because I know I have a very hard time opening up about this.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

To everyone reciting their experiences adjusting to the first major death in their lives:

sorry, get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    To everyone reciting their experiences adjusting to the first major death in their lives:

sorry, get used to it.

Yes, Randy, everyone on the board has their tale to tell. Unless you are very young, very lucky, or both, you've had some - or many - experiences with death. You unloaded endlessly about your father, and with great detail, when you first got here. We get it, you know all about it. No need to diminish the experiences of others.

I had a buddy that passed away in a hunting accident two weeks ago. His hunting partner thought he was a deer.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    Yes, Randy, everyone on the board has their tale to tell. Unless you are very young, very lucky, or both, you've had some - or many - experiences with death. You unloaded endlessly about your father, and with great detail, when you first got here. We get it, you know all about it. No need to diminish the experiences of others.
    There's plenty of reasons: general malice, various insecurities, directionless spite towards others.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Well, at least you know yourself.

At least we can all agree that death kind of sucks and fucks up those left alive pretty well. This was a hard year for me. Lost a young family member to drug overdose. Also lost my mentor and one of my best friends to cancer. He succumbed after 9 years of kicking ass on that shit disease. Miss you, my friend. Never will be forgotten.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

All I'm saying is there's nothing new left to say.

Unless I'm saying it, in which case it is original and insightful.

All I'm saying is there's nothing new left to say.

Unless I'm saying it, in which case it is original and insightful.
    Hm. Had an idea- next time I have a death of someone close to me, I'll message you details and you can post up thoughts here with your own prose. You'll be kind of a public forum "death filter". Work for you?
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

No matter how much merriment and cheer there is around me this time of year, my soul remains melancholy.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    I haven't had anything yet. My parents are getting really old though. I was not terribly close to my grandparents, and both my grandmothers died when I was 10. I would like to have a place to talk about it when it happens.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    No matter how much merriment and cheer there is around me this time of year, my soul remains melancholy.
    Yea. On the plus side though, my touchpad and keyboard on my old laptop stopped working today. I plugged in a USB mouse and scheduled Scan Disk on boot up and then deleted both devices from the Device Manager and then launched Add/Remove Hardware. Perfect now. Other day my washing machine stopped draining. Quick Google search came up with how to clean the filter so the impeller could move and work the drain pump. Took a bit of elbow grease but got it done and working. Now I am watching the Princess Bride for the millionth time. It's all about the little things this time of year.

In all fairness he did say sorry before he said get used to it.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Hm. Had an idea- next time I have a death of someone close to me, I'll message you details and you can post up thoughts here with your own prose. You'll be kind of a public forum "death filter". Work for you?
    That works fine, yes.

In fact, can we get this going in general? Dani, is there any way you can set this board up so that all the posts have to be routed through me first?

... 'cause shit would get seriously funny.

There's plenty of reasons: general malice, various insecurities, directionless spite towards others.
    hahahahaha

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival