Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry for your loss.

Hybrid View

Default I'm sorry for your loss.

A thread for personal tragedies and deaths of loved ones. I don't know if we really need this, but it's kind of weird complaining about how your latte was the wrong temperature in the bad mood thread followed up by a post about someone losing their parents. Keep it respectful.

Default Re: I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost my grandma to lou gehrig's disease :/
    2010 * 2011 * 2012.1 * 2013.2

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    A thread for personal tragedies and deaths of loved ones. I don't know if we really need this, but it's kind of weird complaining about how your latte was the wrong temperature in the bad mood thread followed up by a post about someone losing their parents. Keep it respectful.
    The irony? Nobody will mourn this thread when it dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    The irony? Nobody will mourn this thread when it dies.
    Well that didn't take long.
    Patrick I know you mean well with this topic but there are too many people trying to win some kind of "snarky on the internet" contest on this board.
    This is probably the last place I'd come if I wanted sympathetic ears.

I enjoy the contrast. And hopefully it makes people think twice about posting something super trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I enjoy the contrast. And hopefully it makes people think twice about posting something super trivial.
    That's what a bad mood thread is good for. Trivial bitching. Some times you feel better if you can just commiserate and then move on to more important things. I just feel like personal tragedies and the like deserve a little more gravity than a "bad mood." Whatever. This thing exists now. It'll follow its natural course.

Best of luck, Steve.

old school

The board can be compassionate, and everyone will attack the snarky folks in this thread, I hope.

Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Great, I came with an offering of tissues to share, and now I have to live with the knowledge that I killed yet another thread... *sniffle*
    I'm so sorry, Patrick. Please accept my deepest and most heartfelt apology... With sincerity, Bdoll
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    The board can be compassionate, and everyone will attack the snarky folks in this thread, I hope.
    check out my "i heart you coachella msg board" thread. so many posts have brought comfort, smiles, and even tears to me in there, no snark whatsoever. this board ain't all bad.

^lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

How about: smart people will use this thread as it's intended, and the others will do whatever it is they do and we'll all duly ignore them.

Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    How about: smart people will use this thread as it's intended, and the others will do whatever it is they do and we'll all duly ignore them.
    Sorted.
    And Gemma scores one point for snarkiness!

With many regrets,
    I'm sorry, carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    And Gemma scores one point for snarkiness!

With many regrets,
    I'm sorry, carry on...
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

This thread is already off to a good start!
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

on wednesday i have the final meeting in this long, miserable transplant evaluation process. meet with the surgeon and if she gives the ok, i get listed. this is the end of the road and possibly the start of another.

i may be losing these shitty lungs or maybe my life, can't be sorry for my loss if i am gone, though, haha. does that count?
    Last edited by JustSteve; 08-27-2011 at 09:48 PM.

I created an "In Memoriam . . ." thread about 3 years ago when my Aunt passed away and everyone was very kind and helpful (for the most part).

It died.

Speaking with much respect and on behalf of Pete, I know that when he first told the board about his mother's pancreatic cancer diagnosis, the support offered was much needed and appreciated. And the fact that this particular cancer is quite literally a death sentence, didn't make it easy to find those words, I know... I tried to "sugarcoat" the outcome with positive stories, and successful life stories, but it all became too real and he needed more than just my support. In a matter of weeks she went from being giving 3-6 months to live, to being gone within a month and a half... The kind words and thoughts did help ease the reality of the whole situation, and I thank you from the both of us...
    Last edited by BROKENDOLL; 08-28-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Speaking with much respect and on behalf of Pete, I know that when he first told the board about his mother's pancreatic cancer diagnosis, the support offered was much needed and appreciated. And the fact that this particular cancer is quite literally a death sentence, didn't make it easy to find those words, I know... I tried to "sugarcoat" the outcome with positive stories, and successful life stories, but it all became too real and he needed more than just my support. In a matter of weeks she went from being giving 3-6 months to live, to being gone within a month and a half... The kind words and thoughts did help ease the reality of the whole situation, and I thank you from the both of us...
    My mother died of Pancreatic Cancer as well. It's a bad way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I stubbed my toe getting into my car this morning and it KILLS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

you deserved it
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

The more people you loose, the more alone you feel in the world. You can meet new people, but it's not just the same.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    My mother-in-law passed away a few days after Coache11a. It's been 4 months and my husband broke down just the other night. It takes a long time to recover from the loss of your mom. In some ways you never do. It's as if you lose a part of your essence.
    There is truth here. My mother died in 1993 and I don't think I've been the same since.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    The more people you loose, the more alone you feel in the world. You can meet new people, but it's not just the same.
    I come from a small family: my mother's brothers were much older than her and I never knew them very well at all and they all died when I was young. My father had just one brother (who was himself childless). So when my father died last summer and then my uncle died just before thanksgiving, it wiped out pretty much everyone older than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    My mother-in-law passed away a few days after Coache11a. It's been 4 months and my husband broke down just the other night. It takes a long time to recover from the loss of your mom. In some ways you never do. It's as if you lose a part of your essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    There is truth here. My mother died in 1993 and I don't think I've been the same since.
    My mom died in March of this year. It seems weird to say that someone who wrestled with cancer for fifteen years died suddenly, but that's the way it was. She was fine at Christmas and dead ten weeks later. Of course she wasn't fine at Christmas, not really, but that's a testament to the way she lived. She never felt sorry for herself and never let any of us know how bad things were.

I got married a couple weeks ago, and it was extremely bittersweet. We were happy to have something to celebrate, but there was definitely something missing. My dad especially was having trouble keeping things together. But this is what happens when you're 65 and you married the woman you first met at the age of 14. But my mom was the personable one, the one who took it upon herself to keep the family together. Now my dad and brother and I are learning how to pick up where she left off.

This is all a long way of saying I can relate to what you've both expressed. Much of the last six months has felt like trying to breathe underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    My mom died in March of this year. It seems weird to say that someone who wrestled with cancer for fifteen years died suddenly, but that's the way it was. She was fine at Christmas and dead ten weeks later. Of course she wasn't fine at Christmas, not really, but that's a testament to the way she lived. She never felt sorry for herself and never let any of us know how bad things were.

I got married a couple weeks ago, and it was extremely bittersweet. We were happy to have something to celebrate, but there was definitely something missing. My dad especially was having trouble keeping things together. But this is what happens when you're 65 and you married the woman you first met at the age of 14. But my mom was the personable one, the one who took it upon herself to keep the family together. Now my dad and brother and I are learning how to pick up where she left off.

This is all a long way of saying I can relate to what you've both expressed. Much of the last six months has felt like trying to breathe underwater.
    Roberto, I'm sorry, really...I'm sitting here with a gentle flow of tears running down each cheek. I bet your wedding was beautiful and blessed because Mom's love nothing more than to "oversee" all the wedding details...Congrats btw! In time it gets easier, but those are awfully big shoes to fill for any of us...

I was thinking of starting a thread like this so kudos to you Pat...

Well, its been like a year and 4 months since my mother passed away from a heart attack. Its been so emotionally taxing on me but I do think I'm moving on. Its just so weird for me to have this awful thing happen and then have pretty much the best year of my life in many ways. Itmakes me feel kinda guilty sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

I'd like to think that she pushed some buttons upstairs to make it happen for you.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    I'd like to think that she pushed some buttons upstairs to make it happen for you.
    You know, I don't know if it was a blessing or not , to know ahead of time how much time you have. Pete's mom seemed at peace with the news of being given those 3-6 months. She had a husband awaiting her, she used that time to take care of all her legalities and such before going back to her home country, and Pete was by her side the whole time. To say it was harder on him seems wrong, but true. I don't think he had truly accepted it and surely didn't expect it to be so quick. In fact, he hadn't bothered to pack anything for any funeral services because he really thought he'd be getting her there, and returning home, to finish the legal matters before flying back for her remains to bring back here...I don't think anyone expected that within maybe 10 days, she would be gone...And, if she had any worries, they were for Pete. She wanted him to know he wasn't alone, that he had a huge family. She so had a sister she had originally planned to see and didn't due to her condition... This is where it gets .... I don't know the word, but....that sister died 3 days later, so Pete has also lost an aunt...I think they were the closest out of all the sisters, so I found that rather.... Still can't find the word... He ended up extending his stay, and even with his return here on Tuesday, he's already talking about clearing everything up and returning to Ecuador...

Truthfully, what Pete did in making sure his mom was in the right place and surrounded by so many that cared, was short of amazing considering the short amount of time he had. And considering the sadness of losing her, knowing she had everything she could possibly want when the time came brought her even more peace and much beauty to an otherwise sad story. Yeah, she had a good ending to her story... And I think her and her favorite sister laid the plans all out accordingly...