Thread: Playground Festival

Default Playground Festival

ok im bored at work so ill start this anyways... same weekend as FYF so i wont be attending. But might be worth while if your not going to FYF, live in the area, or are interested in any of the artists booked for the event...

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...ns-1550696.htm

Playground Festival, hosted by multi-threat media star Nick Cannon. The eight-stage, two-day event will take place Labor Day Weekend, Sept. 3-4, at Hidden Valley, Irvine, Calif., next to the Verizon Amphitheater.
    Day 1 (sat. sept. 3rd) -
    The Game, Lil Jon, Shiny Toy Guns, The Cataracs, Too Short, Chiddy Bang, Mickey Avalon, Breakdown, Cisco Adler & The Pigeons, Street Drum Corps, Kid Ink, Heavy Grinder, Wicker and the Mighty Mojo Prophets

Day 2 (sun. sept. 4th) -
    Panic! at the Disco; Big Sean; The Bravery; Confide; Steel Panther; New Boyz; E-40; Liquid Stranger; Del, the Funky Homosapian; Kendrick Lamar; Fishbone; Kid Sister; YG and BTC

theres more artists on the actual poster, with more tba

There also will be a laser-tag arena, carnival rides, The SkullCandy and Oakley Experiences, Southern California's famous food trucks, a miniature golf course, live art shows and more. DJ and performer competitions will award winners with the chance to perform sets on the main stages.

For a limited time, attendees can purchase two-day passes for $100, day-of tickets are $125, single-day tickets are $65 for Sept. 3 and $75 for Sept. 4. VIP tickets are $125 for one day and $215 for both, and include access to a private entrance and parking with chauffeured transportation to the grounds, artist meet-and-greets and access to a backstage VIP section, front-row seating, fast-passes for all attractions, a VIP after-party and more.

For more information, visit PlaygroundFestival.com or call 626-485-6406.

after viewing this map i might have to check this out on sunday....

Last edited by Coachella Bound; 08-18-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Default Re: Playground Festival

This is one gross lineup. But, if anyone wants to go for some odd reason, at least go VIP at half off. Although at the time of this posting not one person has bought one yet haha

http://voicedailydeals.com/los-angel...il-los-angeles
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

What happened with Big Sean's alleged rape arrest?

http://www.hiphopnewsdaily.com/archives/17481

Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    This is one gross lineup. But, if anyone wants to go for some odd reason, at least go VIP at half off. Although at the time of this posting not one person has bought one yet haha

http://voicedailydeals.com/los-angel...il-los-angeles
    Wow. Only 2 people have bought this. 6 hours to go. Is the fest really that bad?

Today's Los Angeles Deal
    $62 for a Single-Day VIP Ticket to Playground Festival 2011 ($125 Value)
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

It has actual a pretty decent radio friendly hip hop lineup. It's the stuff that gets played on the radio but not the worst. As far as the other crap pooey
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

i dont understand how Del shows up on this lineup but not at any other festivals...

also they just posted this about 15 minutes ago

TELL YOUR FRIENDS TELL YOUR MOMS!! tickets are at a special price for the next 5days $45 for day 1!! $55 for day 2 and $90 for a TWO DAY PASS!! When you use CODE MONKEY23
    - TICKETFLY.COM
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

The poster looks like a candy rave....a 5 dollar one at that. What a failure. Just saw del for free and too short is the only other dude on there worth watching imo.

Next
    You wanna fook on me?!

One of the Narcs from my old High School is DJing at this. Weird.
    To Supre:
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Isn't there some awful hardcore band you should be listening to?

HAHA!

http://taxdollars.ocregister.com/201...romoter/96175/

State sanctions Playground Festival promoter
    September 2nd, 2011, 2:32 pm 22 Comments posted by Ronald Campbell

The state Department of Corporations ordered Elevated Sound Productions, co-producer of this weekend’s Playground Festival in Irvine, to stop selling investments.

The order, dated Thursday but released mid-day Friday, also names ESP senior salesman Jake Hurtado, who was caught on tape promising a 2-to-1 return to Michigan private investigator Ken Ascher if he staked $67,000 on the Saturday-Sunday concert.

We wrote about ESP’s hard-sell tactics a couple of days ago. We also put Ascher in touch with the Department of Corporations, resulting in Friday’s action, which bars future securities sales by ESP. You can read the state order here.

Calls to ESP Friday were not returned.

Coincidentally, ESP’s website abruptly went blank Friday. The underlying code also disappeared from the site. However, the Playground Festival website remains active, as does a second website connected to ESP, MindControlledEvent.com.

these guys: "The idea for Playground Festival started with concert promoters Jason Winkler and Dean Abramowitz. The two revealed their motives “We want to establish a smaller, but still mainstream version, of Coachella but branded Orange County.”

hope they failed.

edit: yeah, this won't be back.

http://soundcheck.ocregister.com/201...y-start/60201/

"Well, we didn’t exactly have high hopes. Word about Playground Festival, which has taken over Hidden Valley in Irvine this weekend with a weird mix of hip-hop and not-exactly-fresh rock, only began to surface about three weeks ago — not enough time to properly promote it, let alone live up to ludicrous self-hype that this would be “O.C.’s Coachella.”
    No sooner had the fest come to light than it seemed to run into trouble, culminating in a state sanction issued Friday against co-producer Elevated Sound Productions. That group was ordered to stop selling investments in the event, reportedly done through hard-pitch, cold-call tactics that promised a rather outrageous 2-to-1 return based on ticket sales.
    Pity any poor suckers who got taken in by that scheme, because so far it appears that Playground Festival has attracted about as many people as might fit into the Grove in Anaheim. No wonder the Game was a no-show. Rumor is he actually turned up, but once he saw how few people were on the grassy field adjacent to Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, he split. (Too $hort supposedly did the same earlier in the day.)
    Probably didn’t help that Game’s set time was pushed up to 7 p.m., a result of Irvine police insisting that the fest be cleared out by the time the Pacific Symphony Orchestra’s performance next door at Verizon was underway. Hardly surprising, then, that the rap star with the No. 1 disc in the country (The R.E.D. Album bumped off Jay-Z & Kanye West’s Watch the Throne in its first week of release) would bolt from such a disorganized mess."
    Last edited by JustSteve; 09-06-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Hurtin.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Yeah this thing was a total disaster. Anyone know what's going on - did anyone get refunds, etc? Their Facebook page was blowin up.

If I revive my festival I will bill it as better than this. lol

this was a messs lol i showed up because im friends with one of the bands that played the main stage and the whole event was horrible im glad i didnt have to pay. Kind of sad too beacause they booked local bands and made them sell tickets to play. little stages were thrown around everywhere and thats where these bands played only infront of there friends, Kinda sad set up im glad these promoters got heat for throwing a shitty show. Big Sean came thru tho and he even thought it was a mess lol i hope this dosent happen again