Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Las Vegas shows

Default Re: Upcoming Las Vegas shows

Disclosure is playing Brooklyn Bowl on 4/11 for $50+fees (at least they use ticketfly)

Spoon is playing Brooklyn Bowl on 6/26-6/28

(Disclosure goes on sale this Friday at 9 AM/Spoon at 10 AM)
    Last edited by thomas6937; 03-04-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas6937 View Post
    Disclosure is playing Brooklyn Bowl on 4/11 for $50+fees (at least they use ticketfly)

Spoon is playing Brooklyn Bowl on 6/26-6/28

(Disclosure goes on sale this Friday at 9 AM/Spoon at 10 AM)
    I'm surprised to see Disclosure booked here. But, I bet Spoon will be fantastic. How are the shows selling here?
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

We'll find out in the coming month. The venue officially opens on Saturday.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I am returning to Vegas for Punk Rock Bowling! Any of the locals ever gone to it? Will most likely be hitting some of the after shows as well.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Has anyone ever been to a concert at the Beauty Bar in Vegas? I'm thinking about checking out Ty Segall on Thursday and I'm curious to hear other people's past experiences with that place. Seems pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I am returning to Vegas for Punk Rock Bowling! Any of the locals ever gone to it? Will most likely be hitting some of the after shows as well.
    I went last year and it was pretty fun. The main stage is about the size of the outdoor stage and the sound and lights are pretty close to. The line to get in sucked because they only have 4 check stations and it took about 30 minutes each day to get in. They have some good merch stations with some pretty cheap band shirts. The food and water stations are about the same as Coachella. I was surprised on how many bathrooms they have for its size.

Good feedback, thanks! It's a little weird to have a no ins-an-outs outdoor fest in the middle of Vegas, but i;m really excited.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Flume plays Brooklyn Bowl on 8/7.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Has anyone ever been to a concert at the Beauty Bar in Vegas? I'm thinking about checking out Ty Segall on Thursday and I'm curious to hear other people's past experiences with that place. Seems pretty small.
    Sorry man, I just saw this. I went to the show last night - they rip!

Bands play on the patio out back, which is maybe 8,000 sf (80' x 80'). The space is walled in on three sides by the downtown buildings and the other side is open to the back alley, separated by a chain-link fence. There are these really low power lines that run overhead to a power pole in the alley - which adds a lot of character to the space. It looks like they built a new stage out there which elevates the band about 4'. The stage cant be more than 20' wide by 12' deep.

So has anyone gone to the Brooklyn Bowl since their grand opening?

7/16 The Field - Echoplex
    8/4 Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    8/9 Warpaint - Observatory
    8/10 Macca - Dodger Stadium
    8/20 Fucked Up - The Garage
    8/22 NIN - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    8/23-8/24 FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    9/11 Swans - Roxy
    9/30 King Crimson - Orpheum Theatre
    10/31 QOTSA - Forum

I saw the Roots thanks to some free tickets from Vegas Seven. The venue is pretty great from what I've seen with decent sound, a sizable main floor area, multiple bars, and good food.

Thanks, I was most worried about sound issues since bowling takes place next to the stage. I will be there this weekend and excited to check out this venue.

9/11 Swans - Roxy
    10/31 QOTSA - Forum

It's nice that you can also buy tickets at their box office without fees.

Good feedback, thanks! It's a little weird to have a no ins-an-outs outdoor fest in the middle of Vegas, but i;m really excited.
    I went last year and it was fucking awesome! Wish I could go again this year but money is not in the right place. The only suggestion I have is definitley do some aftershows but stay away from punk rock karaoke. In my mind it was going to be a karaoke bar where everyone was wasted singing terribly, instead it was a band and you went up on stage, but if you wanted to sing it was about a hour wait. Also pbr tall cans there were 10 bucks it was a bit ridiculous. My favorite part last year though was playing black jack with the lead singer from subhumans.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

I went last year and it was fucking awesome! Wish I could go again this year but money is not in the right place. The only suggestion I have is definitley do some aftershows but stay away from punk rock karaoke. In my mind it was going to be a karaoke bar where everyone was wasted singing terribly, instead it was a band and you went up on stage, but if you wanted to sing it was about a hour wait. Also pbr tall cans there were 10 bucks it was a bit ridiculous. My favorite part last year though was playing black jack with the lead singer from subhumans.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Were you able to get any of the club shows. Since I'm a bowler, I'll get to see Naked Raygun and Manic Hispanic. But I'll be on the lookout for tickets for All, Reverend Horton Heat, the Secret show, or Stalag 13.

Is there a dress code at Brooklyn Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Is there a dress code at Brooklyn Bowl?
    No dress code

Quote Originally Posted by Saydo View Post
    Were you able to get any of the club shows. Since I'm a bowler, I'll get to see Naked Raygun and Manic Hispanic. But I'll be on the lookout for tickets for All, Reverend Horton Heat, the Secret show, or Stalag 13.
    I ended up not even trying. i may look out for people selling tickets at the door, btu i wanted to play it by ear. I will likely be seeing The Last on Monday night through, as my friend's band the all female Descendents cover band Des and the Cendents are opening up.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    Sorry man, I just saw this. I went to the show last night - they rip!

Bands play on the patio out back, which is maybe 8,000 sf (80' x 80'). The space is walled in on three sides by the downtown buildings and the other side is open to the back alley, separated by a chain-link fence. There are these really low power lines that run overhead to a power pole in the alley - which adds a lot of character to the space. It looks like they built a new stage out there which elevates the band about 4'. The stage cant be more than 20' wide by 12' deep.
    Thanks, man. Didn't make it Ty Segall but it's good to know that's a nice venue.

I did make it the Brooklyn Bowl on Saturday night for Cake. I came away very impressed with the venue. The sound was top notch on the floor and the whole layout was very well designed. There seemed to about 5-6 different bars around the stage area so getting a drink was quick and easy, but very expensive. I saw a lot of audience members sipping on little airline bottles of liquor and if I were to go again that's the route I'd go. Cake was fucking awesome, wasn't too familiar with their music other than their hits but came away very impressed with their catalogue. When the show was over we headed outside and there was another stage set up in the promenade area of the Quad. Delta Spirit was playing a free show and we caught the last half of their set, really nice surprise. Then headed back in to the Brooklyn Bowl for Karl Denson's Tiny Universe. That show was also free, and they wound up being the highlight of the evening. I'm not sure if all of the free music was just to promote the Quad and the Brooklyn Bowl opening, but after losing my ass on March Madness it was nice to finish the weekend on a high note, and one that was relatively cheap. I'll be back.
    Last edited by bobert; 03-24-2014 at 11:49 AM.

It's not a nice venue by any means. The bands are basically playing in an alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    It's not a nice venue by any means. The bands are basically playing in an alley.
    Right, right. Maybe acceptable is a better word? I checked out their website and from the pictures I wasn't sure where they could possibly fit a stage.

There is set to be a monthly music series at Container Park. They're pursuing Chvrches/Sleigh Bells for the May date, while Cults are playing June 20th, and Sky Ferreira is playing July 19th.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014...hly-music-ser/

Thanks, man. Didn't make it Ty Segall but it's good to know that's a nice venue.

I did make it the Brooklyn Bowl on Saturday night for Cake. I came away very impressed with the venue. The sound was top notch on the floor and the whole layout was very well designed. There seemed to about 5-6 different bars around the stage area so getting a drink was quick and easy, but very expensive. I saw a lot of audience members sipping on little airline bottles of liquor and if I were to go again that's the route I'd go. Cake was fucking awesome, wasn't too familiar with their music other than their hits but came away very impressed with their catalogue. When the show was over we headed outside and there was another stage set up in the promenade area of the Quad. Delta Spirit was playing a free show and we caught the last half of their set, really nice surprise. Then headed back in to the Brooklyn Bowl for Karl Denson's Tiny Universe. That show was also free, and they wound up being the highlight of the evening. I'm not sure if all of the free music was just to promote the Quad and the Brooklyn Bowl opening, but after losing my ass on March Madness it was nice to finish the weekend on a high note, and one that was relatively cheap. I'll be back.
    I was at this Cake show as well and thought the same. The sound was great, plenty of bars, good food and the staff was great. My gf had a half pint of whiskey in her purse and no one checked which worked out great. We didn't stay for the late show since we had reservations at the Laundry Room downtown (this place was also great). We also did the Local Natives show the next night and it went just as smooth. Hope to return soon.

9/11 Swans - Roxy
    10/31 QOTSA - Forum

I was at this Cake show as well and thought the same. The sound was great, plenty of bars, good food and the staff was great. My gf had a half pint of whiskey in her purse and no one checked which worked out great. We didn't stay for the late show since we had reservations at the Laundry Room downtown (this place was also great). We also did the Local Natives show the next night and it went just as smooth. Hope to return soon.

9/11 Swans - Roxy
    10/31 QOTSA - Forum

Quote Originally Posted by thomas6937 View Post
    There is set to be a monthly music series at Container Park. They're pursuing Chvrches/Sleigh Bells for the May date, while Cults are playing June 20th, and Sky Ferreira is playing July 19th.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014...hly-music-ser/
    I saw Mother Falcon there, it's a nice place.

Help. Need something similar to Holsteins, but we are sick of Burgers. Middle price range, but good atmosphere,
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Help. Need something similar to Holsteins, but we are sick of Burgers. Middle price range, but good atmosphere,
    Not sure exactly what your in the mood for but if you want to eat & drink well for cheap I suggest Ellis Island on Koval next to the Super 8. It sits behind Planet Hollywood the next street over from the Strip. You could walk but a cab would be cheaper and worth it. Ellis Island is a microbrewery and the Hefeweizen is delicious. There is a 24hr cafe with awesome breakfast burritos. The barbecue is good too but closed late night early morning. The karaoke bar there has been voted best in Vegas many years in a row. Have fun.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Phantogram and The Orwells are set to play the Boulevard Pool concert series this summer. Dates will be announced soon.

Jurassic 5, with Blackalicious, DJ Shadow, Lateef the Truth Speaker and Lyrics Born at Boulevard Pool on July 17th. Crazy lineup for 90s/early 2000s heads.