Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Las Vegas shows

Default Re: Upcoming Las Vegas shows

Quote Originally Posted by thomas6937 View Post
    Toro y Moi is playing the Cosmopolitan on Dec. 28th
    yayyyyyyy finally something to do

edit: it's not on their website tho, know when tickets go up, or how much?
    Last edited by ods..; 11-12-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    yayyyyyyy finally something to do

edit: it's not on their website tho, know when tickets go up, or how much?

I would guess it is in Marquee or Bond. The Killers are at the Chelsea that night.

http://www.lifeisbeautifulfestival.com/

New festival slated for downtown Las Vegas

Not sure exactly what this is but here is a blurb I read: "Their idea is to present top acts, artists and culinary outlets in venues across downtown at a "really affordable" rate. The fest is a year away, so it's too early to know which musicians will be available on tour. "Headliners will be arena-size acts," says Allen Scott, booking vice president at Another Planet Entertainment."

APE certainly have the experience. Not sure they can book headliners anywhere Downtown and make money. There just aren't any venues that could hold more than 1,000 people besides Cashman Fields. Having it within Fremont is a possibility, but would require a lot of logistics. Within the Arts District is tough because of policing, parking and residential restrictions.

Since O'Sheas was knocked down they are going to put a giant ferris wheel in it's place including more shops, restaurants, etc. The best part is they are putting in a Brooklyn Bowl west!!

Holiday Havoc -The Shins, AWOLNATION, Passion Pit...use the link below to get 2-4-1 tickets at $17 each.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/2C...&utm_campaign=

Those fees are pretty brutal. Still, a better deal if someone was holding out on buying tickets

Ticket Price US $17.00 x 2
    Facility Charge US $4.00 x 2
    Convenience Charg eUS $9.65 x 2
    SUBTOTALUS $61.30

Wow!!! Talk about a deal!

I wonder if they'll honor the deal at the venue. If so, tickets would only end up being about 20 bucks.

Those fees are pretty brutal. Still, a better deal if someone was holding out on buying tickets

Ticket Price US $17.00 x 2
    Facility Charge US $4.00 x 2
    Convenience Charg eUS $9.65 x 2
    SUBTOTALUS $61.30

I know it rains on the deal. But a single regular ticket comes out at $58.80

Type
    Full Price Ticket (Day of Show)
    Ticket Price
    US $39.00 x 1
    Facility Charge
    US $4.00 x 1
    Convenience Charge
    US $10.15 x 1
    SUBTOTAL
    US $53.15
    Tickets/Items
    US $53.15
    Order Processing Fee
    US $5.65
    Will Call
    No Charge
    TOTAL CHARGES
    US $58.80

I didn't see either of these mentioned:

1/25/13-Ben Folds Five at The Pearl
    3/17/13-Muse at Mandalay Bay
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

I believe Dead Sara is opening at Mandalay for Muse, while Band of Skulls opens the LA show.

Jeff Bridges at Santa Fe Station on Fri, April 19th

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/17...1&minorcatid=1

I think that I'm going to try and score a Black Keys ticket at the door with a crisp 20 dollar bill - I will pay no more! The venue is too big for them, especially pulling back to back shows. Scalpers couldn't even give away tickets to the Arcade Fire, hopefully they have the same problem...
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

I believe both nights aren't sold out just the 2 day passes.

But I think the face value for the GA is $140 so I don't know if $20 will do it.

According to them it's almost completely sold out but who knows, that could just be a call to action.

Well, $20 might sound outrageous compared to the $140 ticket, but $140 is absolutely ridiculous! I'm going to roll down there and try. Was at the Killers last night and beers were $10 a piece - stupid!

Yo, i scored 3 tickets for 90 bucks last night - 30 bucks a ticket! I had to hustle a little bit, but we were able to work it out. Ticket price is a ridiculous $120 plus fees (I think). Anyways, they're helluv good. Definitely one of the hardest working bands out there. We went to the far side and we were able to walk all the way down to the very front pit and secure a spot, about 6th from the rail, without pushing. You can totally bring in a flask, just watch for the lame ass security that cruise through the pit.

Oh yeah, wish I would've seen more of the Divine Fits cause I like their new song, but we were in and out of the venue to slam beers at the truck.

I went too, it was a fun show. I saw the entire set of the Divine Fits and I really liked them.

I had a bunch of the free champagne they were giving out after midnight.

There was some guy in a suit talking to security who kept saying, "Happy New you all you assholes."

Last minute trip to Vegas next week (for CES) Jan. 9-11. I see this thread isn't as active as the NorCal one, but nothing of note seems to have been brought up on the recent page. Any leads on hip hop, electronic and/or comedy shows?
    8/27 Rock the Bells @ Shoreline
    9/1 Amon Tobin @ The Warfield
    9/30 DJ Premier vs. Pete Rock @ Mighty

Quote Originally Posted by BigBryan View Post
    Last minute trip to Vegas next week (for CES) Jan. 9-11. I see this thread isn't as active as the NorCal one, but nothing of note seems to have been brought up on the recent page. Any leads on hip hop, electronic and/or comedy shows?
    Why YES! I will also be heading out there. This monday the killers are playing a private show for some company i think its $100 bux tho if your not press. During the week tho appearances dont seem to be so hot this year. Wale,Ludacris all at various night clubs probably others but not worth mentioning.

As far as Djs go a few good ones are playing if you like dubstep..You got Rusko at surrender and Nero over at XS. Other djs are La riots on thurs..and Dash Berlin if that is your thing. They also just announced at marquee ZEDD with rick ross haha wtf..i just might have to check this one out!

Now all of the big companies will be having after parties as well and your badge is a good way in. Some you have to RSVP for but its already to late. Check out the Gibson Tent.. In past years they have had various rock artists grace the stage for a free private intimate show. Also with free booze. One year i saw Peter Frampton! it was great!

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    Why YES! I will also be heading out there. This monday the killers are playing a private show for some company i think its $100 bux tho if your not press. During the week tho appearances dont seem to be so hot this year. Wale,Ludacris all at various night clubs probably others but not worth mentioning.

As far as Djs go a few good ones are playing if you like dubstep..You got Rusko at surrender and Nero over at XS. Other djs are La riots on thurs..and Dash Berlin if that is your thing. They also just announced at marquee ZEDD with rick ross haha wtf..i just might have to check this one out!

Now all of the big companies will be having after parties as well and your badge is a good way in. Some you have to RSVP for but its already to late. Check out the Gibson Tent.. In past years they have had various rock artists grace the stage for a free private intimate show. Also with free booze. One year i saw Peter Frampton! it was great!
    Thank you for the response and notes of advice! I'm driving down with friends on Wednesday, so the Monday Killers show is a no go for me. I didn't see any Wale or Luda shows in my research. Any more on those? I've never seen Luda live, but that could be fun. I liked Wale a lot in his mixtape days, but he's a good performer. Not a Rick Ross fan. I saw Rusko and Nero shows. I'm not SUPER into dub step, but love a good DJ or electronic artist that can perform a good show. As a hip hop/turntablist (DJ Shadow, Z-Trip, Mix Master Mike) kinda fan, which might I enjoy more? I know this is pretty subjective, and neither are hip hop artists. Also saw Steve Aoki listed on Wednesday, which interests my friends, but not I! I'll take a Pretty Lights or a Bassnectar, but pass on Skrillex etc. Catch my drift?

*Edit Found the Luda show info. Looks like he's just hosting a club event.

As far as CES itself, I'm still without an actual pass! I know I know. I'm hustling and keeping fingers crossed, but will be with others with CES passes. I know several companies are hosting their own parties and events outside of actual CES itself because its so expensive to show there. While I'm hoping and praying a CES pass comes up, I know there will be alternative options to be had. Thanks again!
    Last edited by BigBryan; 01-06-2013 at 06:25 PM.

I hope this is some what similar of a line up like Vegoose.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by BigBryan View Post
    Thank you for the response and notes of advice! I'm driving down with friends on Wednesday, so the Monday Killers show is a no go for me. I didn't see any Wale or Luda shows in my research. Any more on those? I've never seen Luda live, but that could be fun. I liked Wale a lot in his mixtape days, but he's a good performer. Not a Rick Ross fan. I saw Rusko and Nero shows. I'm not SUPER into dub step, but love a good DJ or electronic artist that can perform a good show. As a hip hop/turntablist (DJ Shadow, Z-Trip, Mix Master Mike) kinda fan, which might I enjoy more? I know this is pretty subjective, and neither are hip hop artists. Also saw Steve Aoki listed on Wednesday, which interests my friends, but not I! I'll take a Pretty Lights or a Bassnectar, but pass on Skrillex etc. Catch my drift?

*Edit Found the Luda show info. Looks like he's just hosting a club event.

As far as CES itself, I'm still without an actual pass! I know I know. I'm hustling and keeping fingers crossed, but will be with others with CES passes. I know several companies are hosting their own parties and events outside of actual CES itself because its so expensive to show there. While I'm hoping and praying a CES pass comes up, I know there will be alternative options to be had. Thanks again!
    We are Def on the same page as far as music goes..There is plenty of things happening especially this week.You should not have any problem finding stuff to do. Check out this page for updates on all the after parties and what not here : https://www.facebook.com/CES2013PartyList

Ya steve aoki for me is a pass and I have seen nero and rusko shows numerous times. Still will probably do Nero at Xs because they keep their sets fresh.

There is lots going on..and ALOT of people will be there hence the 300% hotel room hike in every hotel. Make reservations at the good restaurants right now if you plan on going to them. Dont even think about trying to go eat at the new ceasars palace buffet i waited about 50 min during SEMA week and i can only imagine how bad it will be this week. I cant wait its been years since i have been at CES

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    We are Def on the same page as far as music goes..There is plenty of things happening especially this week.You should not have any problem finding stuff to do. Check out this page for updates on all the after parties and what not here : https://www.facebook.com/CES2013PartyList

Ya steve aoki for me is a pass and I have seen nero and rusko shows numerous times. Still will probably do Nero at Xs because they keep their sets fresh.

There is lots going on..and ALOT of people will be there hence the 300% hotel room hike in every hotel. Make reservations at the good restaurants right now if you plan on going to them. Dont even think about trying to go eat at the new ceasars palace buffet i waited about 50 min during SEMA week and i can only imagine how bad it will be this week. I cant wait its been years since i have been at CES
    Weird, but awesome breakthrough on the CES front. I somehow am now guest badged from Samsung and I can pick them up at the Samsung badge room on the 2nd floor of the convention center. As its my first CES, my big question is are these the CES passes Im looking for that will grant me access to the expo floor/hall(s) or something Samsung specific-only with my regular CES badge, which I do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I hope this is some what similar of a line up like Vegoose.
    I seriously doubt that. There isn't anywhere downtown that could hold such an event. This will have to be much smaller.

!

Beach House at the House of Blues on 4/15
    http://concerts.livenation.com/event...1105920:188737

http://concerts.livenation.com/event...:749732:188737

Spiritualized

Fri, 12 April 2013
    House of Blues,

Tickets $25 + $9 fee's

Onsale tomorrow

http://punkrockbowling.com/

Punk Rock Bowling looks pretty good this year. Plus Fremont is always a fun adventure.

2/23/13 Marilyn Manson House of Blues, tickets have been on sale

3/3/13 Faster Pussycat Vinyl (Hard Rock) tickets on sale 1/19
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

The XX are playing the Joint on April 16th. Tickets are $31+fees.

Edit:
    Foxygen/Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Beauty Bar 2/16
    Surfer Blood - Beauty Bar 3/2
    The Soft Moon - Beauty Bar 3/6
    The Men - The Bunkhouse 4/24
    Last edited by thomas6937; 01-24-2013 at 04:44 PM.