Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football '11

Default Re: Fantasy Football '11

Vick's Puppy Patrol = Vasoline Groove = Al

I got to figure out how to work the waiver system correctly because I added way too many TE this week.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

lol

fantasy football is hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    I got to figure out how to work the waiver system correctly because I added way too many TE this week.
    I was wondering what was going on.. did you have 3 or 4 on your roster at once? I thought maybe you knew something that I didn't, like one of them was going to become kicker eligible or something.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    I was wondering what was going on.. did you have 3 or 4 on your roster at once? I thought maybe you knew something that I didn't, like one of them was going to become kicker eligible or something.
    I needed to add to my weak TE group, so I put a couple that I wanted but I couldnt find a setting that said, if you pick up this TE then I dont want to grab the other two TEs. I'm probably missing some box that I can check off to do that, unless the Yahoo system is just fundamentally flawed.

Also, my bench is crap so I had some dead weight to cut anyways. But yeah, 4 TEs is a mistake.

1-0 baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    I needed to add to my weak TE group, so I put a couple that I wanted but I couldnt find a setting that said, if you pick up this TE then I dont want to grab the other two TEs. I'm probably missing some box that I can check off to do that, unless the Yahoo system is just fundamentally flawed.
    If you want to do that then set up all your waiver claims to drop the same player. Once you added your first TE then none of the other claims you put in should have processed since the player you were dropping is no longer on your roster.

<---------------- THE Angry Platypus. Me.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    If you want to do that then set up all your waiver claims to drop the same player. Once you added your first TE then none of the other claims you put in should have processed since the player you were dropping is no longer on your roster.
    Using that method, how does the system know which TE he wanted the most, and therefore (if available via waiver priority) as a result drops the player on the roster, effectively stopping the other two claims? Is it a matter of what order you put your claims in, when making multiple claims that drop the same player?
    Last edited by ManImCool; 09-15-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Using that method, how does the system know which TE he wanted the most, and therefore (if available via waiver priority) as a result drops the player on the roster, effectively stopping the other two claims? Is it a matter of what order you put your claims in, when making multiple claims that drop the same player?
    You can arrange your claims in order of priority. So if someone picked his first claim it would move to the next highest claim.

That's pretty awesome. I'm curious, will you change your team name when Arian loses his job to Ben Tate?

So what are your thoughts on Dexter McCluster? He's considered a WR in my league but should get touches out of the backfield as well as a receiver. That kind of versatility intrigued me enough to pick him up off the waiver wire. What do you guys think? was he worth the waiver claim?
    Last edited by summerkid; 09-15-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    The White Stripes 9/18

That's pretty awesome. I'm curious, will you change your team name when Arian loses his job to Ben Tate?
    Arian Taterhood sounds like an awesome name.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    So what are your thoughts on Dexter McCluster? He's considered a WR in my league but should get touches out of the backfield as well as a receiver. That kind of versatility intrigued me enough to pick him up off the waiver wire. What do you guys think? was he worth the waiver claim?
    I had him on my team last year, and unless it's a PPR / return yards league it just didn't prove to be worthwhile. Of course, if your league does count return yards he had 150+ yds combined and that'd be worth it.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Thanks dude. I didnt think about that. The leagues that I have been in before always had a dont add this player if this other player has already been added feature. But that will definitely work.

Its funny how this league is way more competitive than my other league which is for way more money.

Guilty Guilty Guilty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Berry
    That Guy thinks his team name is the most original name ever, but fails to realize a million different people have all made the same "Double Dwayne Bowe" wordplay. I should do a whole column about that. The most obvious and overused team names. Puns off of Bowe, Arian Foster's first name and Michael Vick's last name could fill a column on their own.
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 09-16-2011 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Well if he doesn't show up in the next two weeks I might have to cut him and re-name my team anyway.

I thought the Yahoo trade evaluation button calculates stats based on the best possible lineup every single week via projected fantasy points, including your bench players, regardless if they are currently in a starting spot or on the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    You are correct sir.
    Really? I stand corrected. However, their predictions are wildly inaccurate.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar's Cousin View Post
    However, their predictions are wildly inaccurate.
    You are correct sir.

Because.

If I had played my optimal lineup today, I would have had around 165 points this week. Oh well, I'll take 130. I'm trying to wonder how good my team will be like once my #1 draft pick (Arian Foster) finally gets healthy and starts playing at 100%.

I'm so glad I didn't trade away Jeremy Maclin last week. That would have really hurt. Anyways, I'm STILL on the market for a RB1 if someone wants to trade and needs a WR. Don't even bother trying to trade for Brady, Foster, or Vincent Jackson.

Because.

^
    1 - 1 and on top of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

That's how fantasy football works. When you win, you earn the right to gloat a little. Helps me forget all about my bad week 1 performance.

Because.

If I had played my optimal lineup today, I would have had around 165 points this week. Oh well, I'll take 130. I'm trying to wonder how good my team will be like once my #1 draft pick (Arian Foster) finally gets healthy and starts playing at 100%.

I'm so glad I didn't trade away Jeremy Maclin last week. That would have really hurt. Anyways, I'm STILL on the market for a RB1 if someone wants to trade and needs a WR. Don't even bother trying to trade for Brady, Foster, or Vincent Jackson.
    I wouldn't count on Foster being what he was last year. Tate is excelling in his absent and when Foster comes back I'd expect Tate to take some of his carries away. Remember Tate was supposed to be the starting running back last year before he got hurt.
    The White Stripes 9/18

I had the #2 pick of this draft; believe me, I wanted to pick AP.

Because.

Reasons why Arian Foster is NOT a fantasy bust (yet)

1. The Ben Tate argument:

Most of the articles I have read seem to revolve around Ben Tate stealing the starting job, or at least forcing a time share or dual back system. While this may be true for Week 2, I don't see it happening the whole season.

First of all, Foster was the leading rusher of the season. I don't care how well your backup plays when you're hurt for a week, you don't lose your hold on the starting job that easily. Especially when your backup is an unproven second year running back who could have easily had a lucky game against a weak run defense. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather roll with the guy who's coming off a spectacular season.

Furthermore, even with a great performance last week, Tate still was unable to live up to Foster's performance last year. Let's look at the numbers between Tate's Week 1 performance against the Colts this year and Foster's Week 1 performance against the Colts last year: Foster had 231 rush yards to Tate's 116. Yes, Tate had fewer carries, but Foster also had a higher YPC at 7.0 to Tate's 4.8. Foster also had three TDs to Tate's one. You see where I'm going with this yet?

Finally, Tate's Week 1 numbers against one of the worst rush defenses in the league barely match up to Foster's 2011 averages. During 2011, Foster averaged 101 rush yards per game, 4.9 YPC, and 38 receiving yards per game. Keeping in mind that those include some games against tough defenses (Jets, Eagles, Ravens, Chargers), Foster's numbers are far more impressive.

2. The Injury Prevention Argument:

I've also seen several articles saying that the Texans need to run a dual back system to keep Foster healthy and fresh throughout the year and for the playoffs (if they make it). Where is this argument coming from? Foster had almost 400 touches last year and had no injury issues all season. And what makes you think he'll get tired as the season wears on? Foster's last four games included one rough game (61 total yards and zero TDs in Week 15) and three great games: 125 yards against the Ravens in Week 14; 135 yards and one TD in Week 16 and 190 yards and two TDs in Week 17. But people think he's gonna wear down towards the end of the season? He missed Week 1 and he was limited in Week 2, so really it seems like he'll be set up perfectly to play some of his best games in the playoffs if last year is any indication.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 09-19-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Because.

Carnell Williams, you piece of shit. I trusted you.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Some anonymous jerkoff's Reasons why Arian Foster is NOT a fantasy bust (yet)
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Generic unwarranted and pointless comment in a FF league thread that MJA doesn't belong to
    Fixed

Thanks for stopping by.

Because.

Hahaha! Oh, I knew you guys would take my mind off that sack of sticking shitbags Carnell Williams. Thank you.

Yeah, I made a claim for Williams, luckily I didn't clear waivers.

Because.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Fixed

Thanks for stopping by.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I had the #2 pick of this draft; believe me, I wanted to pick AP.
    Jamaal Charles fell to me at #9 in a 14 team league. I thought that was a great pick...now he's out for the year. Luckily I picked up McCluster last week.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Reasons why Arian Foster is NOT a fantasy bust (yet)
    I should do a "Reasons why Ben Tate was not a reach in the 10th round" article.