Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football '11

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: Fantasy Football '11

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Save your ten dollars and go buy a scratch ticket at the gas station. Fantasy football is completely pointless if you don't draft. Just sayin'.
    Nothing I can do about not being able to attend. I have plans with someone I haven't seen in 7 years on Wednesday evening. I'm just sayin' this happened to me last year and I did rather well by getting a $120 return and tying in the super bowl. Sure I would rather be present for the draft but to say it's pointless to play if you're not there for the draft is completely ridiculous.

Anyone wanna join a $50 Elimination season?

$50 per player. Pick one team per week. No re-use of teams. Lose 1 week and you are out. Phoenix-rule thru week 9 (if everyone is eliminated by end of week 9, the entire league is back in).
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

When one door closes, a window opens....

Snarf has graciously given up his spot... ThomThom, you are on the clock to join our fun, you Al Davis/Skeletor fan, you.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Anyone wanna join a $50 Elimination season?

$50 per player. Pick one team per week. No re-use of teams. Lose 1 week and you are out. Phoenix-rule thru week 9 (if everyone is eliminated by end of week 9, the entire league is back in).
    Wow, that sounds like a LOT of fun. How many players do you have in this, and is it online or offline participation?
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Wow, that sounds like a LOT of fun. How many players do you have in this, and is it online or offline participation?
    Around 50 or so people. Its offline, but the guy runs a mean Excel. He sends out everyone's picks on Saturday's and the results on Monday's so you know who everyone's picked and who they have / don't have left.

Emailing in your one pick per week isnt much effort.

Bad punctuation ^
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 08-31-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Getting a little anxious for draft time tonight. So glad that my fantasy football season starts tonight.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Do we have a draft order set yet?

This is the least ready I've ever been going into a draft.

Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
    goddamit

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    goddamit
    We all cry for you.

I've already flagged in my draft software all players I won't be drafting as 'drafted by other team'. And let me tell you, your teams all suck.

Also. Tinychat this bitch.

Good draft!

Shit talking starts now.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Oh fuck, there was a draft. I wonder who I got. This probably didn't go as well as I planned.

That was a lot of fun, and the draft was over like in 70 minutes or something - perfect! Good job all.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Oh fuck, there was a draft. I wonder who I got. This probably didn't go as well as I planned.
    Messed up thing is, I was there and it didn't go as well as I planned either. At least I can blame it on stupid jetlag and gin.

I'll take it. I did much better than I expected. I like my surprise team quite a bit actually. A solid player in ever position. A solid defense.

I'll take it. I did much better than I expected. I like my surprise team quite a bit actually. A solid player in ever position. A solid defense.
    No offense but I hate this...take's no skill to auto draft a team. Hopefully you at least make some moves this season or else is like 9 players and Team Yahoo.

Boo hoo. Just imagine how shitty you would have to be to lose to me. I play the game, I didn't get in to ignore it. I couldn't make the draft, i'm not the first person to miss a draft. I also didn't make my draft for a league last year and as I said earlier in this thread I split the Superbowl pot.

Here's the link to show you i'm not talking shit about how well I ran my team last year even with missing the draft. I tied in the superbowl and split the pot.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/scorebo...ingPeriodId=16

Also, newsflash. It's not real. None of this takes skill which is why you can do well without putting forth much effort. I played in a MLB league on Yahoo with some friends and never drafted and in that league never made a single move, not even a pitcher rotation. Nothing. 8 other guys playing and all working their ass off towards victory all year long and baseball is a long season as you know. I finished second. Now stfu up about skill and don't worry about my strategies. It should be an easy $10 from me.

Besides, are you even in this league? I thought you dropped out.

My point was that it just takes the fun out of it if you have an auto picker in your league. Obviously they'll give you the best possible team so you still have a chance to win, no big surprise there. Calm down. I just don't see a point if you're not going to try, like your baseball league. If there's no skill involved, why are there people that report on this for a living and numerous publications on it? I'm really not trying to be a dick like you were, but seeing the point of it.

I did drop out because I couldn't make the draft and didn't want to be THAT guy...but I could have sworn this was a general fantasy football thread.

If the league was concerned or wanted to have a rule requiring draft attendance to participate, it would have been discussed, debated and voted upon. It's a message board league with a bunch of people in different areas. It's pretty normal to have a few people not be able to make it. I've been playing fantasy football for a decade, I don't expect everyone to agree with my thought that it doesn't require much skill but it's what I have observed. It doesn't require much thought. Even when it comes to adding and dropping players. If a guy gets hurt or is performing like shit for a few weeks you bench or drop him. What do you do next? You pick up a guy to replace him who is putting up good numbers. It really doesn't require a lot of brain power to do this stuff. Yahoo's pre-rankings are fine, it's not like they came up with some random order either. The reason there are publications and people who are so called "experts" in fantasy football is becaue there is a market for it. Some people are really die hards about FF so there is money to be made off of those fanatics. Do you really believe that the magazines and "experts" are really giving people an edge and making some big difference? These guys are no different than the con artists who claim to be 85% successful with their gambling picks against the line and know how to beat the odds.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it's almost all entirely bullshit. Your star player gets injured week 2, what do you do? Again, you replace him with who you think is the best available player out there and that's whoever is putting up the best numbers. People that spend hours and hours studying every week are silly in my opinion and wasting their time because you can be successful in any fantasy sport with little effort. If it required real skill the people like me who god forbid miss the draft wouldn't have a chance. I readily admit i'm not the smartest person in the room when it comes to the NFL. I'm simply a fan. I play fantasy football because it keeps me interested in the league as a whole and not just my favorite team and it's fun. If the fact that I don't take it super serious and act like i'm actually doing important things for my fake team somehow ruins the experience for others then there isn't much I can do about that. I should be easy to beat because I'm not studying guides and stats or putting hours and hours of thought into transactions and my lineup each week.

See, I just typed up two paragraphs. I'm super passionate about this. Mabe you can work on a "Fantasy Football Passion Meter" and we can make sure everyone is equally passionate and those who aren't will not be allowed to participate.

Calm down folks.
    Nobody cares if you're there to draft or not...as long as you participate the entire season.

Jesus, that was a little overblown Mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Which one of you fuckers took Greg Little? Great pickup.

A solid defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    No offense
    crushed

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Jesus, that was a little overblown Mark.
    I'm awesome. This the fantasy football thread, and i've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and i'm all out of bubblegum.

relaxman75
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

What do you guys think Peyton Hillis is going to do this year? I know he plays against PIT and BAL a total of 4 times, but he put up big numbers against them last year.
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

I'm awesome. This the fantasy football thread, and i've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and i'm all out of bubblegum.
    I didn't know you could kick ass on AUTOPILOT?

Shhh you're dwelling and apparently a lot of people didn't know how well you can do on autopilot. I won't hold it against you. We'll see how the season goes and how well I do. I'm hopeful for the future.

I'm hopeful for the future.
    NOBAMA 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    What do you guys think Peyton Hillis is going to do this year? I know he plays against PIT and BAL a total of 4 times, but he put up big numbers against them last year.
    He is the highest regression player in fantasy as of right now because everybody is a little skeptical as to whether or not he can do it again. I personally don't think it will be a repeat performance or better, especially now that the Browns have given Colt a few more targets to choose from. He is also not as difficult as most RB's to figure out and with smart and talented defenses like Baltimore and Pittsburgh in your division that could be a problem. I think he will be productive but just not as explosive as last season.

EDIT: I forgot to add that his constant hammy problems are a very pressing issue for a dude that carries his weight, I wouldn't draft him solely on that.
    Last edited by ThomThom; 09-01-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Shhh you're dwelling and apparently a lot of people didn't know how well you can do on autopilot. I won't hold it against you. We'll see how the season goes and how well I do. I'm hopeful for the future.
    I really donít give a shit to be honest with you, I have played in numerous leagues where there have been autopilot champions (those people were never invited back), I do however think that it takes a level of credibility out of a team if it was picked using the best available via Yahoo Sports.

As much as you will stress that it doesnít take any skill to draft a good fantasy team I think that it takes a level of scouting, number crunching, and risk taking to get all of those points on the board week in and week out and it says a little something about your football instincts, this is essentially what fantasy football is all about. Itís fun and it allows you to exercise and test your knowledge in something while at the same time having the ability to talk some shit and win some money.