Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football '11

Default Re: Fantasy Football '11

Just paid up. Ready to go. Thanks for organizing!

Got you down, Vasoline Groove! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I agree, don't have the due date on draft day. I'm someone doesn't pay then it'll be too late to really do anything about it.
    It's due by draft day. I don't want to change the due date now that it's been set in stone for a while, sometimes people need as much time as they can get, even for $10.

I've sent notices to the two remaining teams, and I've sent messages to two potential "replacements" that we'd have if those teams are unpaid by the time Wednesday the 31st rolls around.

I guess I should pay attention to this week's preseason games - week three usually teaches us something about what's to come. (unlike the last week of preseason, which is usually a waste!)

Anyways, to reiterate....

Here's another reminder, the following members have paid their $10 entry fee:

Me (duh)
    ManImCool
    Faxman75
    TickleMeElmo
    LickTheLizzard
    MistaGlitch
    Buddy
    Bobert
    Playadelwes
    Vasoline Groove

Still to pay (league team names):

BlueDevil50
    Snarf
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Fuck... Is it too late for me to jump in on this gang bang?
    Same question here. Maybe up it to 16 teams?

Was looking at the scoring and it looks like we're set for QB passing TDs being worth 4pts, with INTs a -1. I've always preferred that all TDs have equal value, regardless of the skill position, same with turnovers. Anyone have any thoughts on upping it to 6pts /-2pt? That's the default on almost every site but for some reason Yahoo devalues the QB position in their standard settings.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Was looking at the scoring and it looks like we're set for QB passing TDs being worth 4pts, with INTs a -1. I've always preferred that all TDs have equal value, regardless of the skill position, same with turnovers. Anyone have any thoughts on upping it to 6pts /-2pt? That's the default on almost every site but for some reason Yahoo devalues the QB position in their standard settings.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Same question here. Maybe up it to 16 teams?
    Sorry man, but that would severely change the nature of the beast at this point. Going to something that deep in the talent pool is far different than what we've already set in place.

However, there were multiple people showing interest in having another league up and running (if they couldn't get into this one or if they are just Fantasy junkies and want more action to follow) - if you start one up I don't think there will be ANY problem filling it out... and that may be a good chance to customize the settings (IDP, scoring, etc.) any way that is wanted.

The "for some reason" would be that the Yahoo scoring system already favors QB stats, changing it to what you have above would yield the following changes in the far right column:

Considering only one non-QB player scored more than 240 pts. last year, increasing the totals for any QB stat would enhance their bloated worth to a kind of ridiculous degree.

The only way I would feel comfortable in changing it to 6/-2 like you mentioned would be if we dramatically devalued the points per yards awarded to QBs, decreasing the disparity some. However, I really wanted to avoid playing the role of a nitpicky commish and stick to the standards ... especially since we're only a week away from the draft and I said we'd have standard scoring from the start of things. Just to keep it simple - even if I tend to agree with you about all touchdowns being created equal.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

The murder capital where we murder for capital

8/31 is going to be a fun night. I have another draft starting 90 minutes before this one. I am also happy to inform you all that since I'll be present for this draft, it's highly unlikely i'll do well. I've been in a pay league for the past two years where I failed to rank my players and missed the draft completely and made it to the superbowl (winning 1 and tying 1). When I show up for the draft, I have never once done well. GAME ON!

I'll join another league if someone starts it. i just don't want to be commissioner because...I'm lazy like that.

It can just be for fun or for a little money...whatevs...
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

I agree with the Commish wanting to keep the passing touchdowns at 4 points.

Uping the total to 6 really skews the league to be too QB dependant. According to the chart that Fourthisto posted, that would mean that David Gerrard is more valuable than any other non-qb and thats fucked.

I'll join another league if the left-behinds need more playas to get one going. I'll only do it if it's an auction though. Online Auctions actually work pretty good through Yahoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

I'm kinda with the guys on switching the QB tds from 4 to 6, if not merely because I'm so used to 6 being the default. We can slightly adjust the points for their yardage if we have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post

The "for some reason" would be that the Yahoo scoring system already favors QB stats, changing it to what you have above would yield the following changes in the far right column:

Considering only one non-QB player scored more than 240 pts. last year, increasing the totals for any QB stat would enhance their bloated worth to a kind of ridiculous degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Uping the total to 6 really skews the league to be too QB dependant. According to the chart that Fourthisto posted, that would mean that David Gerrard is more valuable than any other non-qb and thats fucked.
    Well, that's kind of the point. QBs ARE supposed to be the most important part of the team, wither fantasy or RL. That's why there is only one QB on a team yet several players at most other positions. Their value is bloated at the top of the point food chain because they are supposed to be the most important. I humbly agree that all touchdowns should be created equal.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 08-24-2011 at 09:17 AM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

I'm fine with the points going either way but if a vote is required i'm for the QB's getting 6.

My vote is for QBs getting 6 for TDs and (2) for Ints.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

If a couple more guys would be down for :

QB Scoring
    Passing TD = 6 pts
    Interception = -2 pts

Then we'd have a majority vote, I'll make the change, but DEFINITELY at the cost of the current Points/Yards scale. Right now it's set at 1 point / 25 yards passing. To justify the shift to TD=6 I feel it would be appropriate to change it to 1 point / 50 yards passing.

Without this change to the points/yard scale, then the following becomes increasingly true:

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove
    Uping the total to 6 really skews the league to be too QB dependant.

Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove
    Uping the total to 6 really skews the league to be too QB dependant.
    Which is why you start 5 RB / WRs for every 1QB.

I change my vote to 4 PTS for passing TD and 1 PT every 25/yards of passing, isn't that standard?

I won't change my vote again. This is my final vote on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I'm kinda with the guys on switching the QB tds from 4 to 6, if not merely because I'm so used to 6 being the default. We can slightly adjust the points for their yardage if we have to.

Well, that's kind of the point. QBs ARE supposed to be the most important part of the team, wither fantasy or RL. That's why there is only one QB on a team yet several players at most other positions. Their value is bloated at the top of the point food chain because they are supposed to be the most important. I humbly agree that all touchdowns should be created equal.
    Yeah, but we shouldn't skew it to the point where David Gerrard is better than any other non-QB. Sure top flight QBs should be at the top, but medium teir QBs should not be more valued than Peterson, Foster, Roddy White, etc.

I think we should keep the scoring the way it is, and not fuck with the td or yardage scoring.

Unless you guys want to go to a PPR system, which brings up the available scoring for both RBs and WRs. Which I am all for.

I'm fine keeping the scoring as is, don't want to throw a wrench into anyone's cheat sheets.

Good point. I won't lose any sleep over which way we go about it.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I change my vote to 4 PTS for passing TD and 1 PT every 25/yards of passing, isn't that standard?
    Yes.

I'm fine keeping the scoring as is, don't want to throw a wrench into anyone's cheat sheets.
    Yeah, there's that too.

Once we start tinkering with settings on statistics, it becomes a slippery slope. Let's stick to our guns here and keep it standard scoring.

My other league does do 6 point TDs for QBs, 1 point per 25 yards, -2 for interceptions and it does value QBs more but it still doesn't change the draft too much due to the depth of QBs. We actually like the QBs to be valued more since realistically they really are the most important position on a team but it doesn't dominate the fantasy charts. Our drafts still look like standard drafts, only QBs go a little bit earlier but not much though. Elite RBs are still the most sought after position. I can post more about it when I get home from work and actually access the leagues.
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Looks like I have to bow out...the draft date doesn't work for me after all but good luck and have fun guys.

I'm in bitchez!
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Here's another reminder, the following members have paid their $10 entry fee:

Me (duh)
    ManImCool
    Faxman75
    TickleMeElmo
    LickTheLizzard
    MistaGlitch
    Buddy
    Bobert
    Playadelwes
    Vasoline Groove
    Cheddar's Cousin (after BlueDevil50 graciously gave up his spot)

Still to pay (league team name):

Snarf

Had my auction draft last night. An inadvertent 1 (luckily not mine) got the job done on Andre Johnson.

my team below if anyone is arsed. Had a chance to take Charles instead of Rice at four, but just couldn't bring myself to take a Queef player. Not sure how my team will do. Can predict games and win other fantasy leagues (Basketball, Baseball), but for some reason never do well in FF.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhou...&seasonId=2011
    100% Caffeinated

PAY UP SNARF!

You guys are fucked now. I'm not pre-ranking and it's looking like I have plans on Wednesday night. This formula got me in the Super Bowl last year. Just sayin'.

You guys are fucked now. I'm not pre-ranking and it's looking like I have plans on Wednesday night. This formula got me in the Super Bowl last year. Just sayin'.
    Save your ten dollars and go buy a scratch ticket at the gas station. Fantasy football is completely pointless if you don't draft. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    PAY UP SNARF!
    Yeah, I've sent more than a few reminders via Private Messages here, and emails through the league. Basically he's got 15 hours to pay, otherwise someone else (who has already committed) gets his spot. It's as simple as that.

I should have worn boots today so I could shake in them.