Page 1 of 21 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football '11

Exclamation Fantasy Football '11

Is it too late to get started?
    Has someone already started a league?
    Can I play?

... oh, sorry. I was channeling Cheddar's Cousin there for a second.

Based on interest in the other thread, I've started a league for us here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....coachella4ever

LINK to join

League ID # : 436921
    Password: dancingsofast

It's a 12 teamer, head-to-head, 15 roster spots as follows:

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Standard Yahoo scoring

Draft date and time TBA, but at the moment I have it set for Wednesday 8/31 at 8:30 PT / 9:30 MT / 10:30 CT / 11:30 ET

But we can all decide on a better time if that doesn't work for the majority. Its always better when people are actually there to draft, but autopick is always an option if you can't make it.

BRING IT!
    Last edited by Fourthisto; 08-08-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Default Re: Fantasy Football '11

Think we need the league ID # to join.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Is the grand prize freshers and a bowie handjob from you?

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Think we need the league ID # to join.
    Sorry about that, fixed the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Is the grand prize freshers and a bowie handjob from you?
    Hahaha! Oh you wish, boy-o!!

In all seriousness though, I am working on a trophy. I'll post pics when complete.

Can there be money involved, even if it's a small amount? A $10 buyin? In my experience the majority of the league will lose interest as the season progresses if there's nothing to be won. No offense to your trophy, which I'm sure will be awesome.

Sweet, thanks for setting this up, I just registered. I'm down for a buy-in too.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Can there be money involved, even if it's a small amount? A $10 buyin?
    That sounds fair, if everyone is down for it, sure. Question, though - how can we make sure people have paid up? Paypal $10 before the draft or something?

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Sweet, thanks for setting this up, I just registered.
    Awesome! !

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    That sounds fair, if everyone is down for it, sure. Question, though - how can we make sure people have paid up? Paypal $10 before the draft or something?
    Yeah, Paypal the buyin or mail $10 cash to the commissioner. Set a deadline for payment to be received and lock anyone's teams who haven't paid by then.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Yeah, Paypal the buyin or mail $10 cash to the commissioner. Set a deadline for payment to be received and lock anyone's teams who haven't paid by then.
    Alright, if everyone is down with this, once people have signed up I will send a note with all of my info to the team owners, so we'll all be on the same page. Good idea, that will definitely make it more interesting.

AND the winner will get a trophy in the mail, so they can post pictures of themselves basking in all of the glory and rubbing it in everyone's faces. That is, until next year. Ah yes.

I'm registered.

i'm in.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Can I get in on this too?

By all means, join in the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    i'm in.
    ditto

Hey I'm new and none of you know me at all, but I could always use another fantasy football league to obsess over. Actually, earlier today, I searched these forums to see if you guys did fantasy football in the past and the most recent year I see any sort of activity is in 09' so I decided not to speak up... and lo and behold the second I get home from work and check the message boards I see this newly created thread! Figured I'd ask approval to join you fine looking strangers before attempting to join... so yeah, cool if I get in on this? I'm cool with a buy-in as well.

EDIT: Joined...
    Last edited by ManImCool; 08-09-2011 at 12:12 AM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I'm in. I just registered and i'm ready to send off my $10 whenever needed.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

I just joined as well. ready to roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Awesome, everyone!

I'll send out notes to league participants tonight.

Any feedback on the current draft date/time ?

Wednesday 8/31 at 8:30 PT / 9:30 MT / 10:30 CT / 11:30 ET

That's a week and a day before the first actual game, with one last preseason game to go... should have a fairly decent idea about depths charts/injuries/etc. by then.

That works fine for me suprisingly. I had to miss both of my drafts last year but I finished tied for first in one of those leagues.

I'm in. Thanks for setting it up Fourthisto!

I say we do a $20 buy in to keep everyone interested. But whatever you guys want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Awesome, everyone!

I'll send out notes to league participants tonight.

Any feedback on the current draft date/time ?

Wednesday 8/31 at 8:30 PT / 9:30 MT / 10:30 CT / 11:30 ET

That's a week and a day before the first actual game, with one last preseason game to go... should have a fairly decent idea about depths charts/injuries/etc. by then.
    Either a sort of earlyish morning draft would work better, because I feel that most people would be awake/having to go to work at some point; or maybe pushing the draft like an hour later, only because I usually work late wednesday evenings and another hour will help me get home on time. But I understand; what ever works best for the group.

I'm also with Vasoline; I'm ok with making it $20 to make it more interesting.

Because.

Also, any chance you guys might want to try an IDP league? For those of you not familiar; instead of picking the DEFENSE for an entire team and getting whatever defensive points they earn, an Individual Defensive Player (IDP) league has you not only choose your offensive players, but your defensive players as well. You can pick and choose different players from different teams. So for example you could pick the long-haired Clay Matthews or even longer haired Troy Polamalu. So instead of a format like QB WR WR WR WR/RB RB RB TE K DEF, you'd replace that DEFensive team with 5 defensive individual players like D D D DB DB (in common formats you can't have 5 linemen, you have to have at least 2 DB's like a safety or cornerback)

Your guys thoughts on trying an IDP league? I tried it for the first time last year and I have to say, it makes and already interesting game that much more interesting, when compared to the couple years I played beforehand with the simple DEF team.

Because.

Signed up.
    OK with current draft time (however, would prefer later in evening if it needed to move).
    OK with ^ $$$.
    OK with changing format to Auction Draft.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Either a sort of earlyish morning draft would work better, because I feel that most people would be awake/having to go to work at some point; or maybe pushing the draft like an hour later, only because I usually work late wednesday evenings and another hour will help me get home on time. But I understand; what ever works best for the group.

I'm also with Vasoline; I'm ok with making it $20 to make it more interesting.
    pushing it an hour later would put the start time at 12:30 am ET for me and fourthisto. i'd rather leave it the way it is, although moving it to a different day to accommodate your work schedule would be fine by me.
    Last edited by heart cooks brain; 08-09-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

ManImCool, Fourth started this league and gave the info. People signed up after having read the info. No reason to go backwards and suggest that some people might not like the draft time when no one has said they had a problem with it and the same goes for league rules. So far no one has voiced major complaints so why open the door for the possibility? It's hard enough to get people signed up and committed.

Just sayin'

Thanks for doing this Fourthisto.

I'm cool with either the IDP or auction drafts. I've never done either and this is the type of league that I think it would be cool to experiment with. I would rather try the IDP then auction if it is a choice between the two.

For IDP do we pick a lineman, linebacker, and defensive back?

Draft time works for me.

I've joined and fully support the $10 buy in if that's the consensus. If we could make the draft a couple hours earlier that would rock...

Faxman, I wasn't trying to stir up controversy. As I mentioned, I completely understand that whatever works best for the group is obviously ok regarding draft timing.

As far as bringing up IDP, I was just curious if people were open to trying new things via a different exciting format. Again, whatever most people want to do, but after trying IDP for the first time last year, going back to just picking one DEF team is definitely a tad less exciting ( I played in both a traditional and IDP league last year simultaneously).

@Vasoline, in the IDP I was in last year, our defensive team consisted of 5 players every week. All five obviously had to be defensive players, but at least 2 of them had to be DBs (Defensive Backs). This means the remaining 3 can be linebackers, though you can have 5 DBs if you want. The only thing you couldn't have was 5 linebackers. We didn't use linemen in our IDP format.

So why choose IDP? The simple benefit, is that there is more to watch in a game now. Not only worrying about touchdowns and massive amounts of yards, now we get to obsess over our players getting tackles, forced fumbles, sacks, and interceptions. Again, I'm completely cool with people wanting to keep things simple with a simpler picking of one DEF team. But I promise, I've done both at the same time, and IDP is much more fun.

Also, I'd prefer a traditional snake draft (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0-11-12 12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 etc) over an auction draft. And thank you Fourthisto for organizing this!
    Last edited by ManImCool; 08-09-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Because.

Wow, the league is full already, fantastic!

Yeah at this point I will say unless the majority suddenly objects, we should stick with the draft date and time. I know it is a bit late for those of us on Eastern time, but we are kind of the minority here (if you haven't noticed, hah!) and this way it sounds at least most of us will be able to participate in person, which IMO is half the fun. Each team gets 90 seconds per selection. If you cannot make the draft, be sure to rank the players accordingly as "Autopick" will select your team members based off of your player rankings.

At the moment the consensus on the buyin has it at $10. The winner gets all $120 of it and a trophy that I'm working on, along with bragging rights for a year. I think that's decent enough to keep interest, right? If not, I'm not opposed to raising the stakes, but at the same time I don't want to push anyone away because of this.

Top four teams head to the playoffs, weeks 15 and 16 (Since week 17 usually sees a LOT of starters on the bench, resting for the playoffs)

ManImCool, IDP leagues (Vasoline, those are also snake draft leagues, not auction, they just take longer, with the additional 4+ rounds tacked on) are fun, but I think we'll keep this one "simple" with just the layout in the original post. However that doesn't mean you can't start another league with the settings you want and have people sign up. I'm in multiple leagues just about every year and wouldn't mind signing up for yours. (no way I'm running two!)
    Last edited by Fourthisto; 08-09-2011 at 11:16 AM.

I'm down for either an auction or snake draft. Whatever the buyin is I'm cool with that too. My only suggestion for a rule change would be to allow teams to start a TE at the flex position, so the flex is a RB/WR/TE. I've played in a few leagues that allow this and it's pretty cool if you happen to have two quality TEs . But if everyone wants to keep it simple that's fine.