Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: The Childhood Plaything Nostalgia Thread

Default Re: The Childhood Plaything Nostalgia Thread

I think all of the toys/playthings in this thread have been given a second life thanks to Robot Chicken.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

My cobbling is so much better today than it would have been if I hadn't had this. Really dodged a bullet there.

Board games from my distant teen years (post-Dungeons & Dragons)

Duran Duran - Into the Arena: This was the most needlessly complicated board game I've ever attempted to play. A few friends had it back in the day, and every time we'd attempt a round, we'd give up before getting halfway through the instructions. Years later, a kitschy pal had a copy, and despite getting hopelessly drunk, we were still unable to crack the code and play it. Alas...

Dealer McDope: A friend's parents had this alongside other "hip" board games in their collection. I don't remember anything about it other than the fact that I was a lousy dope dealer.

Scotland Yard: Appealed to the Anglophile in me, but was also an awful lot of fun. I think it's somewhere in the attic of my mother's house, so I might seek it out next time I visit.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I got injured twice in fold up lawn chairs, I have a scar over my eyebrow from one folding up when I was in it and I cracked my head open on the corner of the table. I will forever have uneven eyebrows thanks to a chair like this. The second injury was the reclyning lawn chair, it too folded up on me and somehow ripped my thumbnail off. My thumbnail still doesn't grow straight. I have had a fear of folding lawn furniture since I was about 6. :-/
    I guess that explains why you don't see them in stores anymore. I was just at Wal-Mart and didn't see any for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

My sister and I use to play the scottland yard game all the time. Good times!

gag1.JPG
    My parents use to own this game, it was a drinking game prior to people bouncing quarters in shot glasses. My sister and I use to pretend play with glasses of water and candy cigarettes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    My sister and I use to play the scottland yard game all the time. Good times!

gag1.JPG
    My parents use to own this game, it was a drinking game prior to people bouncing quarters in shot glasses. My sister and I use to pretend play with glasses of water and candy cigarettes.
    That explains a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    have heard these are coming back on the mass market soon. can't wait to get a couple for the kids! we lived on a hill when i was a kid and it was so great to walk to the top and haul ass down it, feet above the pedals because they were spinning so fast. went by the old neighborhood last year and damn me if that hill appears so much less steep nowadays, haha. in my head it was such a bigger incline back when i was a wee one.

edit: ah yes, here it is, i was badass. can you imagine them making a toy with the confederate flag on it in these pussy days of 'merica?

Last edited by JustSteve; 05-24-2012 at 09:42 AM.

My favorite toys, aside from Lego, were always those very small toys like Mighty Max, Micro Machines, and Mico Machines Star Wars. I also had these other small toys that were space monsters, and they were sort of themed in different colors - I think, red and blue and green - and they came in these spaceship things. I tried looking for them on Google, but I couldn't find them.

Another Micro Machines toy that was my favorite was ZBOTS. This thing was hours of fun:

They stopped making small toys, I think, because children would choke on them. Because eventually in my childhood, I could no longer find a lot of these kinds of toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Omnibot was ahead of his time. There was a mic on the remote, so you could talk through his speakers. It took cassette tapes where you could record macros of his movements and set times for those macros to activate and send him off through the house. He had a tray (not pictured) where I would send drinks to guests on Bunco nights. My pets were not impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

51TapqyfTOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Was forced to play this with my older sister and her friends. It was not all bad, ended up getting my first kiss due to this game. (Sisters friend, who I had a crush on)

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

holy shit this now goes for $200-$400 on ebay now

Last edited by jackstraw94086; 05-24-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    have heard these are coming back on the mass market soon. can't wait to get a couple for the kids! we lived on a hill when i was a kid and it was so great to walk to the top and haul ass down it, feet above the pedals because they were spinning so fast. went by the old neighborhood last year and damn me if that hill appears so much less steep nowadays, haha. in my head it was such a bigger incline back when i was a wee one.

edit: ah yes, here it is, i was badass. can you imagine them making a toy with the confederate flag on it in these pussy days of 'merica?

I loved my hot wheel, I think I have a very similar picture somewhere, I even had the same hair cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

This thread takes me back...

And the mexican version of a boardgame...

Attached Images Attached Images
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post

Truth! oh and don't forget that hand brake. BAD! ASS! We use to cruise down the driveway for the church in to the parking, then at the bottom we'd yank the brake and skid. Pretty ballsy back then.