Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Been to: The Venues Thread

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: Has Anyone Been to: The Venues Thread

9:30 Club
    815 V Street, Washington, DC

One of the nation's most legendary venues, the 9:30 Club rests in the northwestern side of the capitol city. Prominently known for playing host to many bands during the punk-era of the late 70s and 80s, it now features live performances from artists both big and small, from all sorts of genres. The venue is owned and operated by IMP productions.

Some stats/info:

Capacity: 1200 - when they sell the place out, it gets packed as can be, so get there early if its a sold out gig you're going to.

Sound: I'm not a sound wiz, but in my opinion the sound is very good. At times it can be too loud, that's really the only thing I could make note of.

Bar/Food: There are 2 bars on the main floor, 1 bar + an espresso bar on the upper level, and a bar in the basement. The venue has a decent beer selection, and like every place it's a bit pricey. They also have a kitchen that serves a variety of sandwiches, along with 930 club chocolate cupcakes.

Staff: I've never had any problems with the staff. They're pretty comparable to staff at other music venues. They're friendly and there to help, and as long as you don't do something stupid you'll be fine. They're policies for the night (such as photo) are clearly listed throughout the venue, which is nice and informing.

Parking: The venue offer's a parking area for a fee, but every time I've been, I've been able to find parking on street (for free) with no problem. Also, the city's Metro line has a stop a couple of blocks away, so if you're staying in the city, the Metro is a feasible option.

The Neighborhood: The neighborhood isn't the prettiest - if you head towards the city, you'll find stuff to do (restaurants, bars, our nation's history), but that's really the only direction you want to travel in. There are a couple of nearby places to enjoy a meal or grab a drink before a show though.

Some pictures:

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Can anyone speak to shows at the Williamsburg Waterfront? I haven't been to any of the free outdoor concerts since they stopped using McCarren Pool. I'm planning to go to the Sonic Youth/Kurt Vile/WILD FLAG show in a couple weeks, and am wondering what it's like.
    I've been to two shows at the Williamsburg Waterfront. One was part of the free outdoor concerts - Beach House and Grizzly Bear. One was a regular concert - Belle & Sebastian.

When I saw Beach House and Grizzly Bear, the stage faced Brooklyn, so that you could see the Manhattan skyline behind the stage. During the concert, a seaplane made a landing in the river, though not too close. The crowd had smooth viscosity and you could get close to the stage - even though I waited in a very long line, and many people went inside of the area before me. The sound was very good. Jay-Z and Beyonce were in the crowd, but I did not see them. The show finished at around sunset, I believe.

When I saw Belle & Sebastian, the stage faced Manhattan, so you could only see the skyline by looking behind you. The concert went on later in the day, so it was much cooler (temperature-wise), and you could see the skyline with lights. It rained a little bit. The sound was very good, too. The crowd was fine. There was this one guy, a lanky and tall white guy, who was dancing funny. He wanted people to look at him, which would have been distracting, except that I was far enough to ignore him... but these are people you may come across... Oh, before the show, while I waited in the line, I saw a real-life heroin junkie. He was trying to scalp tickets, or he was trying to buy tickets - I couldn't tell which. He wore a long-sleeve shirt. I could see needle marks on his legs. Months later, I saw him again, begging for money on a subway train. Normally, I would have thought that he would be a bad omen for the show, but he was not a bad omen, because it was a good show... My roommate also went to the show, and I knew he was there, but when I scanned the audience for him, I could not find him.

Going back to Manhattan from the Waterfront after a show can be a little crazy. Everybody swarms the subway station. You are like thick chunks of oreo cookie travelling through the straw of an oreo milk shake, when going up or down the stairs of a subway station. It is claustrophobic. At times like these, people's subway cards act funny. One of the times, people weren't even swiping, because of how congested everything was, and we just hopped over the turnstile. It is quite easy to find a not-so jammed subway train, however, by moving away from the stairs and toward the middle of the platform. The people are generally friendly and more-or-less sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Does anyone have any suggestions for places to pregame around The Gibson Amphitheater that are reasonably priced?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by infect ME View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions for places to pregame around The Gibson Amphitheater that are reasonably priced?
    Well, you're in Citywalk, so nothing is super cheap, but nothing is really outrageously priced either. My favorite would be Karl Strauss, which has their own craft brew and really good appetisers. Hard Rock Cafe is okay, Saddle Ranch is pretty much next door to Gibson. There's a bunch of other big restaurants that all have bars and I imagine have some sort of happy hour, but I'm not sure - you have Wasabi, Tony Roma's, Camacho's Cantina, Jillian's Bowling. Definitely options.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I've been to two shows at the Williamsburg Waterfront. One was part of the free outdoor concerts - Beach House and Grizzly Bear. One was a regular concert - Belle & Sebastian.

When I saw Beach House and Grizzly Bear, the stage faced Brooklyn, so that you could see the Manhattan skyline behind the stage. During the concert, a seaplane made a landing in the river, though not too close. The crowd had smooth viscosity and you could get close to the stage - even though I waited in a very long line, and many people went inside of the area before me. The sound was very good. Jay-Z and Beyonce were in the crowd, but I did not see them. The show finished at around sunset, I believe.

When I saw Belle & Sebastian, the stage faced Manhattan, so you could only see the skyline by looking behind you. The concert went on later in the day, so it was much cooler (temperature-wise), and you could see the skyline with lights. It rained a little bit. The sound was very good, too. The crowd was fine. There was this one guy, a lanky and tall white guy, who was dancing funny. He wanted people to look at him, which would have been distracting, except that I was far enough to ignore him... but these are people you may come across... Oh, before the show, while I waited in the line, I saw a real-life heroin junkie. He was trying to scalp tickets, or he was trying to buy tickets - I couldn't tell which. He wore a long-sleeve shirt. I could see needle marks on his legs. Months later, I saw him again, begging for money on a subway train. Normally, I would have thought that he would be a bad omen for the show, but he was not a bad omen, because it was a good show... My roommate also went to the show, and I knew he was there, but when I scanned the audience for him, I could not find him.

Going back to Manhattan from the Waterfront after a show can be a little crazy. Everybody swarms the subway station. You are like thick chunks of oreo cookie travelling through the straw of an oreo milk shake, when going up or down the stairs of a subway station. It is claustrophobic. At times like these, people's subway cards act funny. One of the times, people weren't even swiping, because of how congested everything was, and we just hopped over the turnstile. It is quite easy to find a not-so jammed subway train, however, by moving away from the stairs and toward the middle of the platform. The people are generally friendly and more-or-less sober.
    Yes Grizzly Bear show was back in 2010 when Jelly used to put on free shows during Sunday through July-August. But afterwards OSA took over Waterfront shows so they've been booking bands there ever since. Which was the case with Belle and Sebastian! I wanted to go to that show but I heard it was going to pour so I went to go see Envy instead since they rarely tour....although same with Belle and Sebastian but I've seen them before. Anyway the stage is set up now like what Alchemy described facing Manhattan. You can see from these picture, pretty good idea about the venue. GO here: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...astian_10.html

The last pic is the back part of the stage facing Manhattan.

5th to the last pic is same spot basically but you're facing the other way towards the stage. Where you see the big light on the left side is the entrance.

I say the best spot for Waterfront show is right to the sound board which isn't too far from the stage. Oh and they have beer garden on the right side of the stage.

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Can anyone give a review of the Shrine Auditorium (NOT the Expo Hall)?
    COACHELLA '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11

08/09 - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
    08/12 - Sigur Ros
    08/24 - Shlohmo
    09/01 - FYF Fest
    09/11 - Swans
    10/06 - Mono
    10/13 - The XX

Quote Originally Posted by R41N570RM View Post
    Although I never been there, I bet it fits about 6000-7000 people there from this video that I saw awhile back. Here it is: From about 0:35, Win walks out into the crowd and you can get a pretty good glimpse of the venue. Funny how he forgets the lyrics......

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by R41N570RM View Post
    Drink before if that's your thing. The lines inside to get drinks are BRUTAL

Lots of good write ups when we did this last year. Here's the link
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

First Avenue & 7th Street Entry

701 1st Ave N
    Minneapolis, MN 55403
    Neighborhood: Downtown Minneapolis

My first time going there was for a Red Hot Chili Peppers show that I won tickets to for writing the governor of MN an anti violence paper in 1998. They had some contest. It was love at first sight with the venue. Since then I have been to 30+ shows and have seen everything from Public Enemy to GWAR to just recently Iron & Wine.

Parking is always around 10 bucks. If there isn't a spot to park in the side lot you can go down 1 block and park in the large ramps made for the Twins and Timberwolve's games. There are a lot of hotels, bars and restaurants in the area as well.

The bathrooms suck and it stinks pretty bad, in the men's anyways. I try to drink liquor if I go there so I don't end up pissing all the time. Being with the small capacity there is never a line.

Same goes with getting a drink. The prices aren't cheap but you can buy a good beer for 9 bucks that is 24 oz. The choices are decent but nothing brag worthy.

The floor is somewhat awkward but there isn't a bad spot in the venue. There's an upstairs where you can look over the railing.

The sound is pretty good. I have never had a complaint about it. That last show I went to was Bassgasm 4, where there were 50+ DJs in 5 different areas in the building. There were 5 DJs playing at the same time throughout the building. The bleed wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, especially coming from the main room where they had a wall of bass. (below is a pic from Bassgasm 3)

Security has always been good, they're really friendly and they can get tough when need be. I was kicked out of there in 2002 for trying to sneak in to a Busta Rhymes show. They made me leave and then I tried entering a diff entry with a fake ID. They were asshole to me but when I look back at it I deserved it. I got caught and they threatened to call the police on me but I pleaded that I had to go to school the next day and drive back 2.5 hours north after the show. They let it slide. They've always been really helpful. I have lost my keys a few times and they were always in the lost and found too.

Below are some facts and shit that I am pretty much just copying and pasting.

FIRST AVE BY THE NUMBERS
    Random bits that add up to one of the nation's oldest and best-known rock clubs:

4/3/1970: Opening date with Joe Cocker.

$150,000: Estimated original investment.

1,500: Main room's capacity.

250: 7th Street Entry's capacity.

12/31/1981: The day it was renamed First Avenue (earlier names: the Depot and Sam's).

214: Total employees on the books as of Nov. 20 (counting many very-part-timers).

10: Salaried full-timers.

531: Stars painted on the side of the building, naming significant acts that have performed there.

17: Days the club was shut down in November 2004 during a legal battle.

6: Years the club has reported profits since reopening.

Here's their Wiki link if you're curious in any more of First Ave's info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Avenue_(nightclub)

Here's a list of all the names that are painted in the stars on the exterior of the building. Quite the list
    http://first-avenue.com/thestars
    Last edited by Neighborhood Creep; 07-28-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    I totally forgot about that thread. I posted a lot in it too hahah
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Although I never been there, I bet it fits about 6000-7000 people there from this video that I saw awhile back. Here it is: From about 0:35, Win walks out into the crowd and you can get a pretty good glimpse of the venue. Funny how he forgets the lyrics......

I was at that show!!!

Anyways, The Shrine: the venue feels very old, yet very cool at the same time. The foyer is a little run down looking, but not enough to matter, and only because the venue is so old. As for the inside, it's beautiful. There's a giant chandelier, and the whole place has a wonderful design. The only problem is, when I went there, I sat in the way back of the around 6,300 person auditorium, so the acoustics for the first few songs sounded pretty bad. I'm not sure if it was the venue's fault, or bad sound mixing, but the loud songs like Ready to Start, Month of May, and Power Out sounded a little muddled. It was still a good venue, though. The only truly terrible part about the Shrine is the parking situation. There's essentially one major lot that almost the entire audience parks in, and it can be a real bitch to get out of. All in all, though, I'm very excited to go back there and see Bon Iver (from row 25, so my viewing and hopefully listening experience will be much better).

Alright, I'll bite.

THE CREPE PLACE
    1134 Soquel Ave
    Santa Cruz, CA 95062
    831-429-6994
    Website

Capacity: 100 - 150 max
    ATM right on your left once you walk in the door
    Men's & Women's restrooms
    Full bar
    Awesome Restaurant (crepes... yum)

Yeah, it'll get a little stuffy inside.

Anyway, the first time I went to the Crepe Place was back in spring of 2008 when I was a freshman at UC Santa Cruz. I wasn't all too familiar with the live music scene in Santa Cruz, and I never ventured too far out of my way to see shows before I moved away for school, but I was interested in checking the place out nonetheless. I want to say that the thing that brought me to the CP was how kitschy the idea was that a breakfast restaurant (eventually learned that they don't just serve breakfast crepes) could be a front for shows (I've learned that this is not necessarily unique to Santa Cruz, either) but I know it was the fact that Grand Ole Party had decided to play the Crepe Place while on their 2008 tour that really brought me there.

Stepping inside the Crepe Place was kind of weird (probably not helped out that the concerts take place right next to the bar and there is relatively limited space for minors to hang out, especially an hour before the show's slated to begin...) but I've grown to love it's weirdness.

Opened as a restaurant in 1973 and only recently serving as a full-time music venue, it's obvious that the venue is far from a traditional rock venue. This is made very clear by the fact that there is no quintessential "stage", just the front end of the restaurant which is converted (i.e. the chairs and tables for the morning rush are moved out of the way) into a space for live music to happen.

This "coziness" has the side effect of being faced with the prospect of seeing the artists hanging out in the restaurant before the show (which, depending on whether or not you actually want to bother musicians or are too afraid to approach them, can be a good thing or a bad thing), though many figure out ways to avoid the audience before their call time, whether it be by hiding in their vans or driving down to the beach. Admittedly, I didn't approach the members of Grand Ole Party that night, mainly because I didnt have anything really worth saying to them (though I approached the bassist after the show to tell him that I was excited to see them play Coachella that year... Kinda miss that band).

The sound in the venue is adequate, especially when the usual in-house engineer Keith Thompson is behind the boards. The venue's sound system is loud enough that it has successfully accommodated artists like Japandroids and J. Mascis, and I've never left the venue due to a band's sound being incredibly poor. That being said, the wooden floors mean that most of the low-end in the venue just bounces around aimlessly, and that can have a flattening effect on certain bands' sounds.

Despite the Crepe Place's natural faults (it's a restaurant first and a live music venue second) I still call it the best venue in Santa Cruz. Again, not exactly the most indisputable or relevant title (especially for those of you who live in LA, SF or NY) but it's nice nonetheless to have a venue like that in existence. If you ever come to Santa Cruz, you should give it a shot because there's a show happening at the Crepe Place every night of the week.

Artists who have played The Crepe Place: The Album Leaf, J. Mascis, Japandroids, Emily Wells, Wavves, Best Coast, Two Gallants, The Growlers, Akron/Family, Man Man, The Mae Shi, Judgment Day, Vetiver, Kurt Vile, Abe Vigoda, Local Natives, The Entrance Band, The Cave Singers, Times New Viking, Real Estate, John Vanderslice, Menomena, Mirah, Xiu Xiu, Baths, Phosphorescent, Telekinesis, Horse Feathers, Sleepy Sun, High Places, Nico Vega, The Fresh & Only's, Kelley Stoltz, a ton of folk artists I can't remember, a bunch of local acts (and my old band).
    Last edited by PassiveTheory; 07-29-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Portland's venues *At least the ones I've been to so far*

I'd comment on the sound quality but that would be like a blind man describing the artwork on John Lennon's Rolls Royce.

Crystal Ballroom

Pros: Beautiful venue, intricate artwork/carvings on the pillars, a floor that flexes when you jump up and down or dance, bar on the floor and downstairs next to the entrance, no pat down by security when you enter.

Cons: Odd corner stage placement, all ages shows have a divider down the middle to separate 21+ and underage kids, balcony seats are first come/first serve and is quite a distance from the stage, no in/outs or an outside patio for smoking.

There is often a huge difference between the 21+ side and the underage side, the underage side tends to be a little more wild. Parking maybe an issue during the weekend but nothing more than a 3-4 block walk. The bouncy floors help relieve some stress off the legs and back when dancing.

Capacity: 1,500
    Sound specs: Manifest

Roseland Theater

Pros: Standard theater arrangement, wrap-around balcony, no barrier between crowd and stage.

Cons: Only beer is served on the stage floor, several pillars may block your view if you are in the back but they are small, balcony is first come/first served, metal detectors at the entrance.

In/out privileges for outside is unknown, however you can visit the downstairs bar. Parking is about the same as the Crystal Ballroom, anywhere from 2-5 blocks depending on the day of the week.

Capacity: 1410

Doug Fir

Pros: Intimate, small, bar on the floor with chairs, lounging seats with tables, no pat down by security, in/outs allowed, tasty food.

Cons: None in my eyes.

This is my favorite venue, it completely outshines the larger venues with the ability to relax in one of the chairs/benches,the level of intimacy and how close one could get to the band. Parking is usually available within 1-2 blocks.

Capacity: 299
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Was it a fluke when I went to the Gibson Ampitheater in '07 or is the sound quality incredible? Easily the best indoor sound I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    Just as an FYI for the Fonda, the line for most shows starts on the east side, past the bar and the parking gate. So if you exit the theatre and make a right, you will pass the bar on your right, and there will be a fence that rolls open for a parking lot. You can just sit down where the fence starts. I only say this because I lined up on the other side once and wasn't paying attention and had to move over to the right line and lost like 40 spots.
    Really? Last time I went, it was the exact opposite. When did they change it?
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Really? Last time I went, it was the exact opposite. When did they change it?
    It's been like that since December at least - that's the earliest I can remember the change.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    Was it a fluke when I went to the Gibson Ampitheater in '07 or is the sound quality incredible? Easily the best indoor sound I've ever heard.
    I think the sound at Gibson is pretty spectacular. i honestly don't get a lot of the hate for the venue, beyond the very high ticket prices. I have loved that venue for a long time.
    last.fm

Sound last night at APC was amazing at Gibson.

Has anyone here been to the loft space at Origami Vinyl for a show before? I guess Eleanor Friedberger is doing a free show their tonight and I was curious if anyone had been there before.

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    I searched and nothing came up! Good memory. If I knew about that thread I would have bumped it rather than starting a new one.

If I do get a chance to do an index I will include all of those. And yes, B, it will be organized geographically.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Portland's venues *At least the ones I've been to so far*

I'd comment on the sound quality but that would be like a blind man describing the artwork on John Lennon's Rolls Royce.

Crystal Ballroom

Pros: Beautiful venue, intricate artwork/carvings on the pillars, a floor that flexes when you jump up and down or dance, bar on the floor and downstairs next to the entrance, no pat down by security when you enter.

Cons: Odd corner stage placement, all ages shows have a divider down the middle to separate 21+ and underage kids, balcony seats are first come/first serve and is quite a distance from the stage, no in/outs or an outside patio for smoking.

There is often a huge difference between the 21+ side and the underage side, the underage side tends to be a little more wild. Parking maybe an issue during the weekend but nothing more than a 3-4 block walk. The bouncy floors help relieve some stress off the legs and back when dancing.

Capacity: 1,500
    Nice. Can't wait for my visit. The Crystal seems like the perfect venue for a band like Beirut.

EDIT* Tyle, did you get a ticket? Show is sold out.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 07-31-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk

Yes, I did. Let the drinking games begin on the 11th!
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Man, I wish I lived closer to the Hollywood Bowl. Courtney's right. No more step machine!

whiney pain in butt nationocean's Avatar

I have a lot of secrets about a lot of venues that makes all the shows I go to smooth and fun and up front, and you can have NONE OF THEM. thnx.

I have been to The Greek many times, but have avoided it for a few years because of the stacked parking. We are taking Izzy to Death Cab on Thursday and was wondering if any of you had suggestions or secrets for parking alternatives. I don't want to be stuck in stacked parking in case we need to leave early or something.

They have non-stacked parking for $5 more that was easy to get out of. Besides that, hope you get there early and can park in the houses by there.

I love The Greek as a venue, but the parking drama has totally ruined it for me. Where is the non-stack parking?

As you are going up Vermont towards the venue, it is one of the first lots on left hand side before the venue itself. Just ask one of the parking attendants if you miss it, they'll point you in the direction Well worth the extra $5 over the regular parking. Got out of there instantly and heard from other friends they sat there for an hour before even beginning to move.

Thanks, cutter.

If any of the rest of you have suggestions, I am open to all options.