Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2370

Thread: The Sex thread

Default Re: The Sex thread

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How about everyone just does what they want and everyone else shuts up about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    That's stupid. Especially for women, who are from birth raised in a cultural vacuum that screams at us from all angles that we aren't attractive enough (and in doing so, sets weird, arbitrary standards for what attractiveness is -- hint, men usually get to define it.). I don't really know about a man's experience, but for years I was unable to even think that I was attractive let alone have the confidence to say it. So fuck that noise. Saying you're attractive isn't disregarding that you have flaws.
    I don't think is defined to gender. I think it also has to do with culture. If you're from somewhere that weighs heavy importance on outer beauty, it really fucks with one's psyche. You grow up never feeling like you can leave the house much less talk to attractive girls.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

VigoTheCarpathian

onto the good stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    I don't think is defined to gender. I think it also has to do with culture. If you're from somewhere that weighs heavy importance on outer beauty, it really fucks with one's psyche. You grow up never feeling like you can leave the house much less talk to attractive girls.
    No dude, this is a completely female problem. Men don't experience such issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Of course men experience issues of feelings not attractive or up to some "standard of attraction," and it certainly it effects their mental health or sense of self too. It's ludicrous to suggest that it's explicitly a female issue. But anyone who wants to argue that these problems for men exist on the same scale as they do for women is just willfully ignoring reality.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I'm not denying that. But when I'm feeling shitty about myself, the political context is probably the last thing on my mind.
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Of course men experience issues of feelings not attractive or up to some "standard of attraction," and it certainly it effects their mental health or sense of self too. It's ludicrous to suggest that it's explicitly a female issue. But anyone who wants to argue that these problems for men exist on the same scale as they do for women is just willfully ignoring reality.
    What he said. For the people it affects, the scale doesn't mean shit. I'd say it's willfully ignorant to constantly badger that point when people talk about their own experiences that don't conform to the feminist perspective. And I guarantee you that the male side is greatly underreported because that is part of the expected standard of attraction: not complaining or talking about these issues, because it's not "masculine" to care about how you're expected to be an athlete, financially and physically successful, have the right amount of hair, a big enough chin, well manicured pecs, just enough chest hair, etc. etc. And sure, women will say that doesn't ultimately matter to them, but that's not what magazines, television, movies, media tell all of us every single day.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I don't care about all that shit. And the hole in my pants was on my thigh, not near my crotch by the way. You all have dirty minds.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I'm a total exhibitionist, but I have voyeur interests too.
    Same here. I think it is incredibly hot.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I don't care about all that shit. And the hole in my pants was on my thigh, not near my crotch by the way. You all have dirty minds.
    Pity.

Amy, see what your blue hair has started!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I admit as I am getting older, I would like a man who is financially stable. And he has to be intelligent, but I don't care about the other stuff as much.

Audra, my hair is purple. Actually today it is more lavender-silver.

Oh yeah. OK, nevermind then.

I just came in the speaker/ear piece of my phone

That gives new meaning to phone sex.

I got some in my eye recently and my eye burned for an entire day after.

I admit as I am getting older, I would like a man who is financially stable. And he has to be intelligent, but I don't care about the other stuff as much.
    1:50

Private sexytime?

I have teeny tiny hairs on my face which get sticky when I get some on my face. It has been a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I guarantee you that the male side is greatly underreported because that is part of the expected standard of attraction: not complaining or talking about these issues, because it's not "masculine" to care about how you're expected to be an athlete, financially and physically successful, have the right amount of hair, a big enough chin, well manicured pecs, just enough chest hair, etc. etc. And sure, women will say that doesn't ultimately matter to them, but that's not what magazines, television, movies, media tell all of us every single day.
    I don't care about all that shit.
    Oh, I break out my chin-measuring ruler prior to agreeing to go on any dates.

But seriously, I actually think what's weird about our cultural standards of attraction and beauty are that it's not that physical features DON'T matter, it's just that different ones matter for different people and the media and popular culture rarely recognize that fact. The day that Cosmopolitan magazine decides to do a lineup on the male celebrities with the nicest hands is the day I buy stock in Hearst.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    That gives new meaning to phone sex.

I got some in my eye recently and my eye burned for an entire day after.
    That'a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Oh, I break out my chin-measuring ruler prior to agreeing to go on any dates.

But seriously, I actually think what's weird about our cultural standards of attraction and beauty are that it's not that physical features DON'T matter, it's just that different ones matter for different people and the media and popular culture rarely recognize that fact. The day that Cosmopolitan magazine decides to do a lineup on the male celebrities with the nicest hands is the day I buy stock in Hearst.
    Exactly. My issue with this is that it's not a gender-specific issue as it's too frequently treated. It's a cultural issue where our talking heads have a very limited and probably harmful focus that ignores the wide variety of people, appearances, talents and lives that we encounter every day. To approach it only as an issue that plagues women is to ignore the larger problem, and to undercut the very real, very similar problems that men face. Dividing like that just creates more division and argument, rather than encouraging people of all stripes to stand up and agree that it's stupid and counter-productive to focus on such limited views of attractiveness and worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

it's not a gender-specific issue as it's too frequently treated. It's a cultural issue.
    QFT

Had no idea that May was national masturbation month. Only one week left, everyone get your rubbing in!!
    In honor here is an article titled: Masturbation is at the Root of the Culture Wars

http://m.theatlantic.com/sexes/archi...ors_picks=true
    Last edited by chbludevil; 05-24-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Why does May get that designation? Isn't that pretty much every month?
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Maysturbation

I'm celebrating this as soon as I get home...too bad I don't have my passes in one hand though
    Papi Piratón!

Mayonnaise

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Why does May get that designation? Isn't that pretty much every month?
    Every day.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I'm not denying that. But when I'm feeling shitty about myself, the political context is probably the last thing on my mind.
    Because when something doesn't affect xuclarockerx, it means it doesn't affect any other male.
    Last edited by Starraven; 05-24-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Exactly. My issue with this is that it's not a gender-specific issue as it's too frequently treated. It's a cultural issue where our talking heads have a very limited and probably harmful focus that ignores the wide variety of people, appearances, talents and lives that we encounter every day. To approach it only as an issue that plagues women is to ignore the larger problem, and to undercut the very real, very similar problems that men face. Dividing like that just creates more division and argument, rather than encouraging people of all stripes to stand up and agree that it's stupid and counter-productive to focus on such limited views of attractiveness and worth.
    We must see different magazines, talking heads and general people talking/posting/etc. because I see a lot of men talking about how this culture hurts them, too. And, often, seeing them talk over and downplay the experiences of women to do so... which just perpetuates the problem. Attempts at gender-blindness ignores privilege. And a lot of men don't understand the privileges they have.

And yes, the patriarchy, if you will, is about power, is about the powerful keeping/growing what they have.

What Courtney alludes to is important, men's magazines are about being manly, when they show us athletic, powerful and successful people and talk about getting there that is the goal. Women's magazines tend to be about how to be attractive to men, how to be what men want.

And that's what started this whole derail; Archie telling Amy to change her appearance so she'd be more attractive to men.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.