Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2370

Thread: The Sex thread

  1. #1891

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How about everyone just does what they want and everyone else shuts up about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    That's stupid. Especially for women, who are from birth raised in a cultural vacuum that screams at us from all angles that we aren't attractive enough (and in doing so, sets weird, arbitrary standards for what attractiveness is -- hint, men usually get to define it.). I don't really know about a man's experience, but for years I was unable to even think that I was attractive let alone have the confidence to say it. So fuck that noise. Saying you're attractive isn't disregarding that you have flaws.
    I don't think is defined to gender. I think it also has to do with culture. If you're from somewhere that weighs heavy importance on outer beauty, it really fucks with one's psyche. You grow up never feeling like you can leave the house much less talk to attractive girls.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

  2. #1892
    VigoTheCarpathian
    Guest

    Default Re: The Sex thread



    onto the good stories...

  3. #1893

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    I don't think is defined to gender. I think it also has to do with culture. If you're from somewhere that weighs heavy importance on outer beauty, it really fucks with one's psyche. You grow up never feeling like you can leave the house much less talk to attractive girls.
    No dude, this is a completely female problem. Men don't experience such issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  4. #1894
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,281

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Of course men experience issues of feelings not attractive or up to some "standard of attraction," and it certainly it effects their mental health or sense of self too. It's ludicrous to suggest that it's explicitly a female issue. But anyone who wants to argue that these problems for men exist on the same scale as they do for women is just willfully ignoring reality.

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  5. #1895

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    I'm not denying that. But when I'm feeling shitty about myself, the political context is probably the last thing on my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  6. #1896
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,178

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Of course men experience issues of feelings not attractive or up to some "standard of attraction," and it certainly it effects their mental health or sense of self too. It's ludicrous to suggest that it's explicitly a female issue. But anyone who wants to argue that these problems for men exist on the same scale as they do for women is just willfully ignoring reality.
    What he said. For the people it affects, the scale doesn't mean shit. I'd say it's willfully ignorant to constantly badger that point when people talk about their own experiences that don't conform to the feminist perspective. And I guarantee you that the male side is greatly underreported because that is part of the expected standard of attraction: not complaining or talking about these issues, because it's not "masculine" to care about how you're expected to be an athlete, financially and physically successful, have the right amount of hair, a big enough chin, well manicured pecs, just enough chest hair, etc. etc. And sure, women will say that doesn't ultimately matter to them, but that's not what magazines, television, movies, media tell all of us every single day.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  7. #1897
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    I don't care about all that shit. And the hole in my pants was on my thigh, not near my crotch by the way. You all have dirty minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  8. #1898
    old school downingthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    5,549

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I'm a total exhibitionist, but I have voyeur interests too.
    Same here. I think it is incredibly hot.

  9. #1899
    old school downingthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    5,549

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I don't care about all that shit. And the hole in my pants was on my thigh, not near my crotch by the way. You all have dirty minds.
    Pity.

  10. #1900
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,761

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Amy, see what your blue hair has started!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  11. #1901
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    I admit as I am getting older, I would like a man who is financially stable. And he has to be intelligent, but I don't care about the other stuff as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  12. #1902
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Audra, my hair is purple. Actually today it is more lavender-silver.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  13. #1903
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,761

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Oh yeah. OK, nevermind then.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  14. #1904
    Member Santa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    I just came in the speaker/ear piece of my phone

  15. #1905
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,761

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    That gives new meaning to phone sex.

    I got some in my eye recently and my eye burned for an entire day after.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  16. #1906

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I admit as I am getting older, I would like a man who is financially stable. And he has to be intelligent, but I don't care about the other stuff as much.
    1:50

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  17. #1907
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Private sexytime?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  18. #1908
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    I have teeny tiny hairs on my face which get sticky when I get some on my face. It has been a while though.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  19. #1909
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I guarantee you that the male side is greatly underreported because that is part of the expected standard of attraction: not complaining or talking about these issues, because it's not "masculine" to care about how you're expected to be an athlete, financially and physically successful, have the right amount of hair, a big enough chin, well manicured pecs, just enough chest hair, etc. etc. And sure, women will say that doesn't ultimately matter to them, but that's not what magazines, television, movies, media tell all of us every single day.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I don't care about all that shit.
    Oh, I break out my chin-measuring ruler prior to agreeing to go on any dates.

    But seriously, I actually think what's weird about our cultural standards of attraction and beauty are that it's not that physical features DON'T matter, it's just that different ones matter for different people and the media and popular culture rarely recognize that fact. The day that Cosmopolitan magazine decides to do a lineup on the male celebrities with the nicest hands is the day I buy stock in Hearst.

  20. #1910
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    That gives new meaning to phone sex.

    I got some in my eye recently and my eye burned for an entire day after.
    That'a girl.

  21. #1911
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,178

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Oh, I break out my chin-measuring ruler prior to agreeing to go on any dates.

    But seriously, I actually think what's weird about our cultural standards of attraction and beauty are that it's not that physical features DON'T matter, it's just that different ones matter for different people and the media and popular culture rarely recognize that fact. The day that Cosmopolitan magazine decides to do a lineup on the male celebrities with the nicest hands is the day I buy stock in Hearst.
    Exactly. My issue with this is that it's not a gender-specific issue as it's too frequently treated. It's a cultural issue where our talking heads have a very limited and probably harmful focus that ignores the wide variety of people, appearances, talents and lives that we encounter every day. To approach it only as an issue that plagues women is to ignore the larger problem, and to undercut the very real, very similar problems that men face. Dividing like that just creates more division and argument, rather than encouraging people of all stripes to stand up and agree that it's stupid and counter-productive to focus on such limited views of attractiveness and worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  22. #1912
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,428

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    it's not a gender-specific issue as it's too frequently treated. It's a cultural issue.
    QFT

  23. #1913
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Had no idea that May was national masturbation month. Only one week left, everyone get your rubbing in!!
    In honor here is an article titled: Masturbation is at the Root of the Culture Wars

    http://m.theatlantic.com/sexes/archi...ors_picks=true
    Last edited by chbludevil; 05-24-2013 at 12:25 PM.

  24. #1914
    Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Citty upon a Hille
    Posts
    15,979

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Why does May get that designation? Isn't that pretty much every month?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

  25. #1915
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Maysturbation

  26. #1916
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The "NO"
    Posts
    1,844

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    I'm celebrating this as soon as I get home...too bad I don't have my passes in one hand though
    Papi Piratón!

  27. #1917

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Mayonnaise
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  28. #1918
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,428

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Why does May get that designation? Isn't that pretty much every month?
    Every day.

  29. #1919

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I'm not denying that. But when I'm feeling shitty about myself, the political context is probably the last thing on my mind.
    Because when something doesn't affect xuclarockerx, it means it doesn't affect any other male.
    Last edited by Starraven; 05-24-2013 at 03:41 PM.

  30. #1920
    Dark Lord mountmccabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Mission
    Posts
    12,006

    Default Re: The Sex thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Exactly. My issue with this is that it's not a gender-specific issue as it's too frequently treated. It's a cultural issue where our talking heads have a very limited and probably harmful focus that ignores the wide variety of people, appearances, talents and lives that we encounter every day. To approach it only as an issue that plagues women is to ignore the larger problem, and to undercut the very real, very similar problems that men face. Dividing like that just creates more division and argument, rather than encouraging people of all stripes to stand up and agree that it's stupid and counter-productive to focus on such limited views of attractiveness and worth.
    We must see different magazines, talking heads and general people talking/posting/etc. because I see a lot of men talking about how this culture hurts them, too. And, often, seeing them talk over and downplay the experiences of women to do so... which just perpetuates the problem. Attempts at gender-blindness ignores privilege. And a lot of men don't understand the privileges they have.

    And yes, the patriarchy, if you will, is about power, is about the powerful keeping/growing what they have.

    What Courtney alludes to is important, men's magazines are about being manly, when they show us athletic, powerful and successful people and talk about getting there that is the goal. Women's magazines tend to be about how to be attractive to men, how to be what men want.

    And that's what started this whole derail; Archie telling Amy to change her appearance so she'd be more attractive to men.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 05:11 PM
  2. The Coachella Message Board Thread Index Thread
    By SoulDischarge in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 07:35 PM
  3. OFFICIAL "LET'S COMPLAIN ABOUT REPEAT THREADS" THREAD THREAD
    By Dr. Lufs-al-ot in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 06:12 PM
  4. The Official "I was in no way affected by the adds thread" thread
    By unknowndrummer66 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 06:15 PM
  5. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •