Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Bon Jovi

  1. #1

    Default Bon Jovi

    It's the 25th Anniversary of Slippery When Wet, one of the landmark albums of our time. What better way to celebrate with a headline performance at one of the landmark festivals of our generation?

  2. #2
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,188

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    Cyanide.

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  3. #3
    Member knytt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    UCLA
    Posts
    818

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    ... Slippery When Wet, one of the landmark albums of our time.
    uh?

    Four Tet (3/6) ~ St Vincent (3/20) ~ Stephen Malkmus/Speedy Ortiz (3/28) ~ Factory Floor (4/15) ~ Sasquatch (7/4-6)

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,479

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    last October, I went to go see Gary Numan with a friend of mine. My friend is a sweetheart who likes "all" kinds of music. Bon Jovi is one of her favorite bands. Now, Numan fans are older and appear in the "dark and industrial" scene. While we were waiting in line to get into the venue, we strike up a convo with another fan. We talk about Numan's live shows and stuff, and the fan (who was considerably older) says that she had to chance to see Numan in the early 80s, but went see David Bowie that same night instead.

    And bless her heart my friend responds with "oh man that's rough!! David Bowie is one of two artists I just HAVE to see before I die; the other one is Bon Jovi!!"

    There was a silence amongst the people around us while I did the biggest mental facepalm. The other fan just politely smiled and nodded. We didn't talk to anyone else in line.

  5. #5
    The Bionic Listener Theijuiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Land of Microbreweries
    Posts
    1,153

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    That sounds familiar.....
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

  6. #6
    Member DropletsOfYes&No's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    and who is sub headlining? Poison, Cinderella, Ratt?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    last October, I went to go see Gary Numan with a friend of mine. My friend is a sweetheart who likes "all" kinds of music. Bon Jovi is one of her favorite bands. Now, Numan fans are older and appear in the "dark and industrial" scene. While we were waiting in line to get into the venue, we strike up a convo with another fan. We talk about Numan's live shows and stuff, and the fan (who was considerably older) says that she had to chance to see Numan in the early 80s, but went see David Bowie that same night instead.

    And bless her heart my friend responds with "oh man that's rough!! David Bowie is one of two artists I just HAVE to see before I die; the other one is Bon Jovi!!"

    There was a silence amongst the people around us while I did the biggest mental facepalm. The other fan just politely smiled and nodded. We didn't talk to anyone else in line.
    Awesome story. See, people like your friend is exactly the sort of demographic Coachella is going to have to appeal to in order to sell 150,000 tickets next year.

  8. #8
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,188

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Awesome story. See, people like your friend is exactly the sort of demographic Coachella is going to have to appeal to in order to sell 150,000 tickets next year.
    Go on...

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    8,694

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    It's the 25th Anniversary of Slippery When Wet, one of the landmark albums of our time. What better way to celebrate with a headline performance at one of the landmark festivals of our generation?
    you can't be serious, can you?
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans


    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

  10. #10
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,643

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    Dude started about 30 troll threads before Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  11. #11

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Cyanide.
    ZING!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

  12. #12

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    you can't be serious, can you?
    Livin' On A Prayer is the definitive rock song, especially for someone like me, who prays a lot.

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    20,601

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    One of the better things posted on this board in quite some time. i have to sig it for a while just so i can keep reading it.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

  14. #14
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,487

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  15. #15
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,565

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    I've seen Bon Jovi at least three times.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  16. #16
    Member Grandma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Putting the "ass" in assisted living
    Posts
    1,753

    Default Re: Bon Jovi


  17. #17
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,565

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    He's so sexy.

    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  18. #18
    Member Grandma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Putting the "ass" in assisted living
    Posts
    1,753

    Default Re: Bon Jovi


  19. #19
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,565

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    Look at all the wet fur. Mmmmmmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  20. #20
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    20,601

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    There's a commercial radio station here that decided that they should play Slippery When Wet in its entirety on vinyl tonight while I was at a poker game. It was a sign. FROM GOD.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

  21. #21
    Member vdubshani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Bon Jovi

    Despite the fact that I enjoy 80s metal, I would never want this to happen...I would throw up in my mouth a little...

Similar Threads

  1. Would You Eat A Cooked Part Of A Dead Person To Meet Bon Jovi?
    By thelastgreatman in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 04:04 PM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 09:46 AM
  3. I though Bon Jovi was going to play Coachella
    By mountmccabe in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •