View Poll Results: Men: what's your status and how do you feel about it?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm cut. Works for me.

111 66.87%
  • I'm cut and I miss my foreskin. Fuck you Mom and Dad!

6 3.61%
  • Uncut and loving it.

40 24.10%
  • Uncut and hate my foreskin, but it's too late now. Fuck you Mom and Dad!

6 3.61%
  • I am now a post-op female as the result of a botched circumcision.

3 1.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Circumcision: Cut or Uncut - The "I Have a Penis" Edition

Default Circumcision: Cut or Uncut - The "I Have a Penis" Edition

Interesting debate - good points on both sides. This one's for the guys. Penis-loving females can vote in the other poll, and gay men are welcomed to reply to both. I'd love to know how one's circumcision (or lack thereof) effects the number of blowjobs one is likely to receive in a lifetime. Perhaps the other poll can shed some light on that.

This November, voters in San Francisco are expected to weigh in on a controversial topic: whether parents should be allowed to circumcise their baby boys.

The proposition, backed by members of an anti-circumcision group that calls its members "intactivists," has ignited heated debate.

It's hardly a new issue. Historians have found evidence of circumcision dating to ancient Egypt. Since then, the practice has gone in and out of public favor for myriad reasons, including hygiene, religion, cultural norms and beliefs about masculinity. Circumcised men are now in the minority worldwide, but they are the vast majority in the U.S.

Major medical associations have not yet taken a stance. The American Academy of Pediatrics states that circumcision has both risks and benefits and that parents should be given all the information available to make an informed decision. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is working on recommendations regarding the practice, but they have yet to be released.

In the meantime, those in favor of circumcision say it promotes health and hygiene, while those opposed say it's an unnecessary medical procedure that amounts to mutilation.

Read on for two views.

Circumcision is not medically necessary, is unethical and can cause irreversible harm to men.

Georganne Chapin is the founding executive director of Intact America and the founder of Hudson Center for Health Equity & Quality, a nonprofit organization devoted to improving access to healthcare.

My argument against circumcision of children and infants is no more and no less than that it's a human rights issue. All people, male as well as female, are entitled to bodily integrity, and nobody — for any reason — has the right to cut off part of another person's body when that person is too young to understand and to consent.

Under bioethical principles, parental consent for medical treatment is permitted only if the treatment being considered will save the life or health of the child. Circumcision is not medically necessary, and so it violates those principles, as well as that child's entitlement to a complete body, his own personal freedom and autonomy.

There are medical risks involved with circumcision. The baby loses the protective function of the foreskin, which means that the head of the penis can build up extra layers of skin, or the baby could develop skin ridges, a bent penis or sexual dysfunction later in life. A study published in the British medical journal Lancet in 1997 demonstrated that babies who have been circumcised have a lower pain threshold for subsequent immunizations; they are extremely distressed, their cries are different. There is also a risk of infection and death, or of a botched procedure.

The foreskin serves a number of purposes sexually. It contains thousands of nerve endings, and if you're cutting off such an exquisitely sensitive body part you're going to lose sexual sensitivity. During intercourse, the foreskin also provides a natural gliding action and a lubricating function that's lost if the person is circumcised.

In this country, we've made female genital cutting a crime and grounds for refugee status, but we do the same thing to boys that other cultures do to girls. Those in favor of male circumcision say that one is mutilation and the other is helpful, but the act of cutting off part of a child's genitals is the same, whether it's a boy or a girl.

Some men even say that they have post-traumatic stress disorder that they associate with their circumcision as infants. I think we would have no trouble believing that from a woman, but we write off men's trauma and recollection as being whining and unmanly.

Circumcision is a so-called cure that's in search of a disease. The vast majority of men in the world are intact, and they are not suffering from illness or infection. There is no justification for cutting off a body part for a hypothetical future disease, especially ones like STDs that can be prevented in ways that don't involve mutilation. It's crazy that we don't think it's crazy.

Circumcision is safe, prevents certain health problems and should be available to those who want it.

Daniel Halperin is a lecturer in international health at the Harvard School of Public Health.

Circumcision provides a number of health benefits. It reduces the risk of HIV and penile cancer in men. It also reduces the risk of several other sexually transmitted infections in both men and women, including syphilis and herpes, and of cervical cancer in women. Urinary tract infections in infants are about 10 times less likely if the boy has been circumcised.

In Africa, there have been three randomized trials — two published in the journal Lancet in 2007 and one in the journal PLoS Medicine in 2005 — demonstrating that circumcision reduces heterosexual HIV infection in men by at least 60%. The foreskin provides a ready access to cells that are the entry point for HIV because the skin there is very soft and permeable, making it more vulnerable to infection. The area underneath the foreskin is also humid and provides a hospitable environment for infections, whereas they can't proliferate as well on the dry skin of the circumcised penis.

In countries where there is not good access to running water, another reason to circumcise is hygiene. And in a study of nurses in a U.S. geriatric unit, about 90% were strongly in favor of circumcision because it was difficult to bathe uncircumcised men in their 90s. When we look at a baby and we think about circumcision, we have to think not just about that baby but that he's going to turn into a man and, eventually, an old man.

The risks associated with circumcision are very low, with fewer than 1% of procedures resulting in complications.

In terms of sexual satisfaction, some research has found that men who are circumcised enjoy a wider range of sexual activities. It can also help prevent premature ejaculation in men.

As of 2009, there were 16 states in which Medicaid didn't cover circumcision. If parents in those states want their kids to get circumcised, they have to pay out of pocket, and it can cost hundreds of dollars.

If circumcision has health benefits, and the parents want to do it for medical or religious or other reasons, that should be allowed and the access should be there. And in those parts of the world that have very high rates of heterosexual HIV transmission, I would like to see circumcision be much more accessible.

I'm not interested in pushing circumcision but in making the service readily available to everybody who wants it.
    http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-...,1699418.story
    Last edited by bobert; 07-11-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Default Re: Circumcision: Cut or Uncut - The "I Have a Penis" Edition

Whether parents should be allowed? Jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

San Fran has a funny way of making the whole state look out of its goddamned mind to the rest of the country.

PS - FTR, I'm cut and loving it.

You can say the same thing about the Phoenix area.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinon View Post
    San Fran has a funny way of making the whole state look out of its goddamned mind to the rest of the country.
    They certainly propose a lot of aggressive legislation, that's for sure. I don't think the measure has a prayer of passing. However, the "intactivists" raise some interesting points in terms of our country's attitudes towards the procedure. Female circumcision in any form is widely (and rightly) considered to be barbaric and is quite illegal, but taking a knife to an infant boy's genitals carries very little stigma by comparison. If I ever end up having a son the decision won't be as easy as I might have thought.

Im glad I didn't have a choice because if I was given a choice and left uncircumsized and then wanted to be cut, I could never bring myself to get that kinda surgery done.

I guess people mutilate themselves in worse ways trying to be fake.

Glad my parents mutilated me. I don't wanna look like an aardvark.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

I'm cut but probably won't cut my son.
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Uncut doesn't mean cheese, though.
    Thats nasty people who dont clean their peen with, you know, water n stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

<---- cut up from the nut up
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I'll be right back....pulling out a mirror to check what's under my belly.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

If I could have a wiener, I would want mine cut and then made into a tiny little foreskin vest and matching fedora.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Cut but probably would prefer not to be. Won't have my child circumcised unless he asks for it. I think if that trial cited in the article took place in a generally more hygienic part of the world that doesn't have their men cut, like Europe, than their wouldn't be such a shocking statistic. In countries where we have easily accessible water and clinics, I doubt that having a foreskin really increases your chances for an STD that much if you're smart. Plus it actually makes sex feel better for men, so that would also mean less time I would have to have my penis inside a vagina which you know...it's icky.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

So you guys want your children's sex to be better is what you're saying?
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Woman accused of cutting off husband's penis said he 'deserved' it

July 12, 2011 | 11:00am

After spontaneously telling officers that her husband "deserved" having his penis cut off, a 48-year-old woman being held as a suspect has said nothing to Garden Grove police, according to a department official.

Catherine Kieu Becker told police she had drugged her husband’s dinner to make him sleepy, then tied him to a bed before the assault Monday night in the 14000 block of Flower Street.

Becker has been booked on suspicion of aggravated mayhem, false imprisonment, assault with a deadly weapon, administering a drug with intent to commit a felony, poisoning and spousal abuse, said Garden Grove Police Lt. Jeff Nightengale.

The victim, who was not identified, told detectives that Becker made him dinner, but he believed something was wrong with his food. He went to lie down and when he woke up he found himself tied to the bed, with his wife tugging his clothes off, he said. She then allegedly cut off his penis and threw it in the garbage disposal.

Nightengale said police are trying to sort out a motive for the crime but that they would have to put off interviewing the victim further until he was out of surgery.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

More details:

Man's penis cut off, put through garbage disposal

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 1:20 PM CDT
    Updated: Jul 12, 2011 10:40 PM CDT

By JOHN MONE
    The Associated Press

GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (AP) - A Southern California woman was in custody Tuesday after authorities said she drugged her estranged husband, tied him to a bed, cut off his penis and put it through a garbage disposal.

Garden Grove police Lt. Jeff Nightengale said that Catherine Kieu Becker drugged a meal and served it to the victim, whose name was not released, shortly before the attack Monday night.

Nightengale said the 51-year-old man felt sick, went to lie down and lost consciousness. The 48-year-old Becker then tied the victim's arms and legs to the bed with rope, removed his clothes and attacked him with a 10-inch kitchen knife as he awoke, Nightengale said.

"He was conscious when his penis was removed," Nightengale said.

Nightengale said Becker put the penis in the garbage disposal and turned it on.

Nightengale said Becker called 911 and indicated to arriving officers that the victim was in the next room. Paramedics found him tied to the bed, bleeding profusely.

Bail for Becker was set at $1 million after she was booked at the Orange County Jail for investigation of aggravated mayhem, false imprisonment, assault with a deadly weapon, administering a drug with intent to commit a felony, poisoning and spousal abuse.

The victim underwent surgery and was in serious condition at the University of California at Irvine Medical Center in Orange. Nightengale said the man is expected to survive.

A call to a hospital spokeswoman was not immediately returned.

Becker was taken into custody without incident, although she would not talk to officers, Nightengale said.

Becker is due in court Wednesday. A telephone listing for her residence could not be located and no one was home in the apartment.

Neighbor Lourdes Painter told The Associated Press the couple had been married since December, did not have any children and seemed very quiet. Becker and her husband lived in a second-story condo in the working class complex. Painter lives in the unit below them.

The couple was reportedly in the process of a divorce.

Nightengale said a database search showed no previous calls to the house for any past problems. He didn't know what kind of food the couple ate for dinner.

No private attorney was listed on booking documents. If Becker seeks a public defender, one could be appointed at her first court appearance.

Copyright 2011 The

I'm pretty sure it wasn't because he forgot to take the trash out.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Poor guy's been dropped down to Ken Doll status. That's harsh.

I guess this can be the default thread for all manners of male genital mutilation.

Babies should have their say.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

I'm cut, no doggy dick for me!

Oh my, i hope that woman rots in hell. Fucking crazy ass bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

I guess ill be the first to say im live and uncut.(Maybe ill say that next time i have sex with my girlfriend,anyway) IDK I think I would prefer to have been circumcised just for the reason that some girls would probably prefer it that way, but I've still never heard of anybody being denied sex because they weren't. I'll ask in the other thread if girls can actually feel a difference once its in. I've never really been sexually active and single though, so I'm not sure of the blowjob thing from random girls. But i do clean my peen so i don't see a problem with hygiene. I will carry the uncircumcised flag gladly and bang as many Jewish girls that I can.

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

how do u know if ur circumsized tho
    3/2 Sasha // Big Gigantic
    3/8 STS9, Cherub
    3/19 Eric Clapton
    3/21 EOTO, Govinda
    3/29 Eskmo
    4/4-4/6 Lotus @ Boulder Theater, CO
    4/8 Sigur Ros
    4/12 Gramatik
    4/15 Morrissey
    4/19 Umphrey's McGee // The M Machine
    4/20 Dirty Phonics
    5/2 Alk3
    5/10 Bonobo
    5/31 Lucky Date
    6/3 Postal Service
    6/13-6/16 Bonnaroo

Quote Originally Posted by thewoodenman View Post
    as a follow-up question, how do u know if ur penis is working?

Quote Originally Posted by thewoodenman View Post
    When you get a hard-on, can you still blink?

Yay for my uncut defiling a Jewish girl's mouth

Wait....where's the Confessions thread again?
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...