Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: IHEART Radio Festival Las Vegas Sept-23-24, 2011 (Lady Gaga, Coldplay headlining)

Default Re: IHEART Radio Festival Las Vegas Sept-23-24, 2011 (Lady Gaga, Coldplay headlining)

Quote Originally Posted by eudaemonia View Post
    Paul McCartney has been added.
    That's cool, however a 30 min Paul set isn't going to make up for setting through the rest of this line up just to see him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Default Re: IHEART Radio Festival Las Vegas Sept-23-24, 2011 (Lady Gaga, Coldplay headlining)

All of these ingredients make for a soup that would give most the runs.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

how much do you think they lose on this festival every year?

Isn't this thing less a festival, more a glorified corporate event?
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

definitely, but it has got to lose millions on this every year

They don't lose millions if the bands play for free so that they get more radio airplay. I don't think the bands are getting paid that much for this show.

It's like the ultimate Wango Tango/Weenie Roast. Don't play our show, and we won't play your tunes.

Are any of you guys watching this HD live stream? It's got to be at least a 20 camera shoot? and the mids are just as sharp as lows. Coachella could really learn a thing or too.

On a serious note: It seems like such a waste to spend so much money to stand around and watch generic pop music.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Queen needs to understand they weren't big because of Brian May's guitar solos. I wish this band died with Freddie; should've quit after Wembley. It wouldn't have been possible to go out on top any higher than that. Live anyways
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Was there anything amazing and/or surprising that happened? I wasn't able to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    Queen needs to understand they weren't big because of Brian May's guitar solos. I wish this band died with Freddie; should've quit after Wembley. It wouldn't have been possible to go out on top any higher than that. Live anyways
    You may or may not like the Rolling Stone but:

When the lead singer of your band is Freddie Mercury, you're lucky if anybody notices your guitar playing at all. But Brian May was every bit as flamboyant as his frontman in terms of getting attention, and he defined the sound of Queen with his upper-register guitar shrieks.

I guess it would depend if you ever actually saw Queen live or not when Freddy was around ....

You would not believe the people he passed by on the top 100. I could find you a dozen lists that ranks him in the top 25 or so .... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Was there anything amazing and/or surprising that happened? I wasn't able to watch.
    fun. sang "Somebody to Love."
    And they sang that fox song. which was hard to put into words
    Last edited by Jordanp; 09-21-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    fun. sang "Somebody to Love."
    And they sang that fox song. which was hard to put into words
    I just read where the "views" of that are only surpassed on youtube by that fucking PSY vid. Geez I hated that ..In some ways this is a glimpse of the future or maybe already=. More population, more internet access, the whole wold will on day know if you fart and it will be posted... cr***
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

I've finally watched some highlights, looks like a huge shit show.