Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IHEART Radio Festival Las Vegas Sept-23-24, 2011 (Lady Gaga, Coldplay headlining)

Default Re: IHEART Radio Festival Las Vegas Sept-23-24, 2011 (Lady Gaga, Coldplay headlining)

I would call this fest, "IHATE Radio Festival".

Default Re: IHEART Radio Festival Las Vegas Sept-23-24, 2011 (Lady Gaga, Coldplay headlining)

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    You know who would love this? My sister. My sister who literally started yelling me because I've never heard the whole "Call Me Maybe" song before. Yep she was mad because I didn't know it was the "biggest song" the past few months. Yep this is right up her ally.
    I haven't heard this song yet either. Entertainment Weekly has devoted more ink to it than nearly anything other than The Amazing Spider-Man or The Dark Knight Rises the last month. I'm sure I'll finally be exposed when they start churning it out over the PA at work, but until then I'm happily oblivious.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

You just jinxed yourself by writing about it; I bet on the drive home somehow, it will reach within earshot and for that, my sincere condolences.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

nice verve pipe slip

Deadmau5, you don't get to talk shit about other artists anymore. You should be embarassed to be playing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    Deadmau5, you don't get to talk shit about other artists anymore. You should be embarassed to be playing this.
    Paychecks dont just come out of thin air. Its hard to feel embarrassed when you just have to play like 6 songs over the course of 30 mins.

I'm sure Deadmau5 was doing fine before this offer came up.

Right i'm sure deadmau5 needs this paycheck or his family would starve.

My issue isn't so much him doing the festival (lame as that is unto itself) -- but more him doing this festival after talking shit about something like Ultra.
    Last edited by Bons222000; 07-10-2012 at 11:51 PM.

I can't believe people pay for this..

This is sad! After watching psy gangham im in disgust. Watching all these super rich people dance to shitty music does not help these yuppies at all! Makes them look dumb for spending $300+ to see artists that the radio plays over and over and then literally watch those artists only play those hit songs.

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    Makes them look dumb for spending $300+ to see artists that the radio plays over and over and then literally watch those artists only play those hit songs.
    Considering the Hit songs is all they care about it's perfect for them. I don't see any real difference between this and a KROQ or any other radio fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

So this thing is coming back again, they said line up Monday at 5:30 AM Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    So this thing is coming back again, they said line up Monday at 5:30 AM Pacific.
    Glad to see they're keeping the death of music alive /s

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Heard the lineup while driving to work this morning and listening to sports talk radio. Cringe-worthy in places.

Justin Timberlake
    Katy Perry
    Elton John
    Muse
    TiŽsto
    Chris Brown
    Keith Urban
    J. Cole
    fun.
    Bruno Mars
    Phoenix
    Zedd
    Maroon 5
    Miguel
    Tim McGraw
    Ke$ha
    Thirty Seconds to Mars
    Benny Benassi
    Special live appearance by Queen and Adam Lambert
    Other special surprise guests

iHeartRadio Music Festival Village (multiple stages)

Miley Cyrus
    Avril Lavigne
    AWOLNATION
    Pete Tong
    Twenty One Pilots
    Jason Derulo

Marginally better than last year, but the format is still terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

It pretty much represents the most relevant music of the past year, and they didnt book Kanye West so double props
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Does Sir Elton have some new song out for the masses that I am unaware of because he just seems really out of place for me. And I'm a little disappointed in Phoenix, not surprised to see them on the bill but just disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Does Sir Elton have some new song out for the masses that I am unaware of because he just seems really out of place for me. And I'm a little disappointed in Phoenix, not surprised to see them on the bill but just disappointed.
    Yeah I thought the same about both Elton and Phoenix.

Well Elton basically lives in Vegas.

I looked up that village thing so it's Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM on the strip then the concert starts at 7:15.

The Village is a few more bands than they first posted..

Miley Cyrus,
    The Wanted,
    Jason Derulo
    The Band Perry,
    Avril Lavigne,
    Krewella,
    Cher Lloyd
    twenty one pilots,
    Pete Tong,
    AWOLNATION
    Plus a special guest appearance by
    Ne-Yo

Plus a special guest appearance by
    Ne-Yo
    well shit....I'm there.

That's a pretty nice lineup
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

iHeartRadio Music Festival: The Festival For People Who Don't Really Like Concerts
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

They even hold it inside an arena or something.
    A festival inside one venue seems weird to me (unless they do have smaller areas nearby or something?)
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

It's 2 days in the MGM grand garden arena but I guess that village thing is going to be multiple stages on the strip. That is something new they are trying this year. That village event appears to only be $29 bucks or so which is way cheaper than the inside shows.

So they added...Drake

On the radio they have been billing it as Queen + Adam Lambert + Special Guests.

Do you think there is any chance Bowie will show up to do "Under Pressure"?

old school

Do you think there is any chance Bowie will show up to do "Under Pressure"?
    Bowie hasn't sung onstage since 2006, this won't be where he makes one of his first returns.

old school

I can't believe people pay for this..

Rolling Stones says Swift is one of the 50 best touring acts right now.

Paul McCartney has been added.