Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IHEART Radio Festival Las Vegas Sept-23-24, 2011 (Lady Gaga, Coldplay headlining)

Default Re: IHEART Radio Festival Las Vegas Sept-23-24, 2011 (Lady Gaga, Coldplay headlining)

A bunch of my co workers tried to get tickets and it sold out in 40 seconds and they are so upset they couldn't get them. I'm trying to explain to them why would you want to see short sets of bands only doing radio hits while hearing random people yell how excited you should be from the stage in between sets.

They don't agree with me.

Default Re: IHEART Radio Festival Las Vegas Sept-23-24, 2011 (Lady Gaga, Coldplay headlining)

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    Well both days sold out! So that means there are plenty of people who can pay 'insane' pricing! They are the type of people who would go to Coachella if they could sit down on a proper assigned seat and eat a slice of pizza with a knife and fork.
    I have a co worker who's such a douche when it comes to live shows. He always wants me to invite him to concerts and I did it once and it was a nightmare.

He was so upset at the following things:

1. He didn't have nice comfy seats because standing is beneath him.

2. The band that played didn't have enough songs he heard on the radio. He wants a show full of hits.

3. He doesn't ever want to wait in line for anything. Not even the restroom.

4. He wants everyone working at the venue to make him feel like a VIP.

5. He wants there to be cheap and/or free food and drinks.

The guy is such a retard. He said if it doesn't meet that criteria then it's not a civilized event and wants nothing to do with it.

Yet he wants me to invite him to shows because he wants to be in the action.

I gave him a new term I came up for people like him, he's a BBB, Big Baby Bitch.

He's the music fan I hate, and if he thinks I'm inviting him to another show, he's lamer than I can even describe in words.

He also said that the venue I took him to was a crappy dive, it was Club Nokia. Really? He thinks that' a crappy dive. What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    I have a co worker who's such a douche when it comes to live shows. He always wants me to invite him to concerts and I did it once and it was a nightmare.

He was so upset at the following things:

1. He didn't have nice comfy seats because standing is beneath him.

2. The band that played didn't have enough songs he heard on the radio. He wants a show full of hits.

3. He doesn't ever want to wait in line for anything. Not even the restroom.

4. He wants everyone working at the venue to make him feel like a VIP.

5. He wants there to be cheap and/or free food and drinks.

The guy is such a retard. He said if it doesn't meet that criteria then it's not a civilized event and wants nothing to do with it.

Yet he wants me to invite him to shows because he wants to be in the action.

I gave him a new term I came up for people like him, he's a BBB, Big Baby Bitch.

He's the music fan I hate, and if he thinks I'm inviting him to another show, he's lamer than I can even describe in words.

He also said that the venue I took him to was a crappy dive, it was Club Nokia. Really? He thinks that' a crappy dive. What a loser.
    I know its scary how many people are like that.

Living in Las Vegas, my wife and I get a whole bunch of relatives coming to visit. Times we agree to meet them and we suggest meeting at a restaurant and they will chose Chili's, Applebee's or if they think they are classy Outback or PF Changs.
    We will take them to some local Thai, Chinese or Mexican restaurant and the disgust is evident over something like mismatched decor.

It amazes me you still occasionally still find these folks at Coachella and Glastonbury. I overheard two twenty-something yuppies at Glastonbury complaining about the amount of time it took to change sets.
    Person 1: "Why do Elbows need thirty minutes to set up a stage?"
    Person 2: "Yeah like at the Brit awards they can change in 5 minutes"
    Person 1: "It's not like they even have dancers or shit"

The 23rd is the same day as the Soundgarden show at the Joint and the TVOTR/Arctic Monkeys show at Cosmo. If this fest helps keep some douches away from those events, then it is definitely worth having here in town.

Nice lineup!
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

I hope all of those tickets went to scalpers.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Everything that is wrong with music is packaged in a nice tidy box.

This is event is going to be the most boring Friday and Saturday night in the Las Vegas Strip's history.

This makes the Weezer cruise look appealing.

I actually like Bruno Mars.

I have no problem with several of the artists on the bill, I just have a problem with this event.

It's hype for hype's sake. It's bands just playing hit songs in an annoying setting.

I have a feeling Ryan Seacrest is going to be there saying stuff that would make me vomit in my seat.

I find that the general rule is that the bigger the event, the lower the intelligence of the average attendee. The intelligence pool gets more shallow when it comes to huge events.

Now there are some exceptions, if the event is hard to get to (so you really have to want to go), or it's generally not know in the general media, or features lots of non-mainstream bands then that increases the average intelligence of the attendees.

People are lame and generally don't do the following:

1. Make music decisions on their own. They like to read about it in Entertainment Weekly music buzz section or hear about it on one of the many entertainment news lite shows.

2. Travel a far distance for an event. They would rather have it be in the center of a major city with easy access or at have it right near their home.

3. Have to research the event at all. They just want to be led into the event and told where to sit like sheep waiting to be shaved.

4. Discover artists that are new and exciting that don't have any hit songs. The average person doesn't even know the name of the band or the lyrics of the song they are listening to, they just like it because the media is forcing it down their throat and it's catchy.

Besides that, I have no problems with events like this.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

how is lady gaga gonna do a 30 minute set? she usually spends an hour at her own shows just preaching to the audience.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Apparently Jay Z was added.

Lets get people who listen to KIIS KROQ and STAR and throw em all together in the greatest pop-fest ever!

We can all sing along to badfish as some bro covers it with an acoustic guitar.

CHAKABRA

I noticed that 1Iota is offering the chance to possibly get free obstructed view filler seats.

And they moved Kelly Clarkson to Friday.

And added Jeff Beck to Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post

The average person doesn't even know the name of the band or the lyrics of the song they are listening to, they just like it because the media is forcing it down their throat and it's catchy.
    for awhile i didn't believe this, but i've been noticing it more and more...it's fucking amazing to me.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

One of my co-workers claims it's the act of a music psycho to actually know what you are listening to. They said, they just like to hear the tunes and not go any deeper. Most of the stuff they like is terrible any way.

They are the ones who thought Fleet Foxes were Fire Foxes and Deadmau5 was Deadman.

Apparently this is going to be a yearly event. They are going to announce the line up to this year's festival Monday. It's Sept. 21st and 21nd in Las Vegas again. They are announcing the line up Monday 9 AM eastern.

zomg so epic

Oh boy I hope Sublime with Rome And Josh Freese is there again.

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Taylor Swift, Aerosmith, Rihanna, Usher, Bon Jovi, Lil Wayne, Green Day, Swedish House Mafia, No Doubt, Brad Paisley, Pitbull, Deadmau5, Miranda Lambert, Enrique Iglesias, Linkin Park, Jason Aldean, Pink, Mary J. Blige, Calvin Harris & Shakira

Dear god that is so bad
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Taylor Swift, Aerosmith, Rihanna, Usher, Bon Jovi, Lil Wayne, Green Day, Swedish House Mafia, No Doubt, Brad Paisley, Pitbull, Deadmau5, Miranda Lambert, Enrique Iglesias, Linkin Park, Jason Aldean, Pink, Mary J. Blige, Calvin Harris & Shakira
    wow..just...wow...

i just don't understand how anybody could look at that lineup and have even an ounce of desire to see that. it's so over the top bad that it feels like a joke.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

maybe some shm fan will hit the bath salts hard, and do some work on the crowd.

again.
    Last edited by heart cooks brain; 07-09-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

but worse than epicenter? lol

You know who would love this? My sister. My sister who literally started yelling me because I've never heard the whole "Call Me Maybe" song before. Yep she was mad because I didn't know it was the "biggest song" the past few months. Yep this is right up her ally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

They did a good job at booking what's popular so it's a good lineup from that perspective
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana