Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Get Lost- LA 8/27 Damian Lazarus, Visionquest, Art Department, Deniz Kurtel +++

Default Re: Get Lost- LA 8/27 Damian Lazarus, Visionquest, Art Department, Deniz Kurtel +++

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post

Edit: I do hope someone took a picture of Seth Troxler wearing Ben's glasses.
    Ha!

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: Get Lost- LA 8/27 Damian Lazarus, Visionquest, Art Department, Deniz Kurtel +++

Words cannot really express how excited I am now for that October 21st SF show. LA people need to come up and make the Portishead -> Rebel Rave night with us.

Words cannot really express how excited I am now for that October 21st SF show. LA people need to come up and make the Portishead -> Rebel Rave night with us.
    If only, I'll be recovering from Lasik procedure that afternoon.

rebel rave night?
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Damian Lazarus, Art Department, Droog @ Public Works in SF on 10/21

Art Department live, I thought? Maybe not.

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Haven't heard anything about a live set. Fingers crossed.

ahhh.. saw the rebel rave tour last year... are there other dates?
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone play this on saturday night? Love it.

Getting a release on Visionquest's label me thinks. PillowTalk are 3 guys from SF btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    Haven't heard anything about a live set. Fingers crossed.
    They supposedly played live on saturday but you sure couldnt tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Coachella Junkie

Haven't heard anything about other dates (it would be weird if there weren't others though).

And yea, at this point, I'm not sure what a "live" Art Department set would be. But Saturday's was substantially more engaging (to me) than the 1/2 set I saw at DEMF.

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    They supposedly played live on saturday but you sure couldnt tell.

On a scale of 1 to Sasha, how was the mixing throughout the night?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Fucking incredible night, all mixing my flawless! Anyone know the remix that Damian played of Grindhouse? It was slowed way down and was one of the highlights of the night for me.

Also when deniz dropped this I went ape shit!

Deniz Kurtel impressed me the most. Damian was great as always. Art department was not as good as i had hoped. Visionquest was good but there were some errors. Did anyone see when the 2nd dj went on(i dont know who it was) and it sounded like shit so seth troxler came up and turned the volume off on the track he was mixing in?

Still one of the better nights of music i've heard in a while.
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync

Ya I think the 2nd DJ who came on after Seth, was Lee Curtis and he usually is really good. Anyone know the song Damian played at the end of his set and the vocals went along like, "When the sun goes down" or something

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
    Fucking incredible night, all mixing my flawless! Anyone know the remix that Damian played of Grindhouse? It was slowed way down and was one of the highlights of the night for me.

Also when deniz dropped this I went ape shit!
    Nom noms.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Tale Of Us is definitely on my acts to watch list after their mid-morning Circo Loco set at DEMF.

Coachella Junkie

I owe Deniz my undivided and not too wasted attention at dB. This makes three times that I've shown up to her set and didn't even really pay attention.

Tale of Us was at Old Miami (Need I Say More), too, right? I remember that being gooooood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    On a scale of 1 to Sasha, how was the mixing throughout the night?
    what a stupid question to ask someone who sucks sasha's dick on the reg...

its completely different music and doesnt pretend to be that kind of eurohouse fantasticness.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Pretty sure that was just a subtle jab and not a serious question.

I owe Deniz my undivided and not too wasted attention at dB. This makes three times that I've shown up to her set and didn't even really pay attention.

Tale of Us was at Old Miami (Need I Say More), too, right? I remember that being gooooood.

Someone make sure to plant Heidi in front for Deniz at dB. Only allowed to leave for bathroom break.

Coachella Junkie

At dB, she's on right after Mike Huckaby. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
    Anyone know the song Damian played at the end of his set and the vocals went along like, "When the sun goes down" or something
    it was a remix of cassius' 'the sound of violence' probably one of my favorite moments 8)

12.01 Dan Deacon @ The Echoplex
    12.03 Benoit & Sergio @ TBA
    12.09 Avery Tare @ The Center for the Arts Eagle Rock
    12.17 Baths/DNTEL @ The El Rey
    04.13-15 COACHELLA @ The Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    what a stupid question to ask someone who sucks sasha's dick on the reg...

its completely different music and doesnt pretend to be that kind of eurohouse fantasticness.
    You have a serious lack of knowledge on this subject.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by alisonnn View Post
    it was a remix of cassius' 'the sound of violence' probably one of my favorite moments 8)
    This has gotten dropped at pretty much every EDM show I've been to in the last month. Not complaining. I liked the original Cassius track and now I'm sort of in love with that remix.

I found the remix, it was the Sound of Violence (Franko Cinelli Remix)

And I found the remix of Grindhouse that Damian dropped earlier. It's the Nic Fanciulli remix.. so good, I remember it going so hard
    Last edited by Porkchop; 09-23-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Coachella Junkie

Yea, the Franko Cinelli mix is the one that Alison mentioned. So good. The other weekend, Barem dropped it then the next day Dixon did too. Didn't mind at all. I'm sort of addicted to the track right now. (Helps that I liked the original song).

Someone please link it up with the album that Grindhouse is on. Now.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by flea73 View Post

Someone make sure to plant Heidi in front for Deniz at dB. Only allowed to leave for bathroom break.
    I would like you to know that I did not do ANYTHING during Deniz's set except dance hard and deliver a few hugs to nearby friends. Such a good set. And then the next day on the boat party she came over and stood by me so I gushed to her about how awesome she is and was super awkward in general.

FUUUUCK YES, this is going down again Aug 25th. thanks to guedita's sig i did looked around and damian lazarus has it listed under his dates http://damianlazarus.com/