Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Get Lost- LA 8/27 Damian Lazarus, Visionquest, Art Department, Deniz Kurtel +++

Default Re: Get Lost- LA 8/27 Damian Lazarus, Visionquest, Art Department, Deniz Kurtel +++

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    On a scale of 0 to BORED how much am I going to enjoy this show Andrew?
    im going to be honest and say that you probably wont be that interested until damian goes on. But this is because you dont like smooth house/tech house. It probably wont be banging shit till late.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Default Re: Get Lost- LA 8/27 Damian Lazarus, Visionquest, Art Department, Deniz Kurtel +++

Yes, what is the deal beforehand?

I've mentioned to a few people that we should meet up at Blue Palms before the show (but was thinking more like... 9:30ish). What's going on earlier?

If I were to give a report card for last night, it would look something like this.
    Music - A+
    Crowd - B-
    Venue - C

Although the music might have been knocked down a notch if I had caught Elijah Wood DJing on the roof. I hear that wasn't all that great.

Turnout was decent, not great, but a solid crowd all the same. People were kind of obnoxious though. Like if there's five feet of empty space to my right, you don't need to barrel into me and spill my whiskey to get by me. Shit like that happened all night.

Had a great time though. Just not a fan of the Music Box as a dance venue. Great for concerts, just not at all conducive for dancing.

I wasn't liking the crowd very much even thought it's a show and you should expect to get bump into when there isn't much room. it was a little excessive.Or it seemed like people were moving to get a better position or whatever all the time.I had a great time besides that.

When was Elijah Wood DJing was that when they weren't letting people up on the roof?
    Translation

Ty Segall / Cold Beat/WAND @ GAMH 01/29/15
    Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15
    Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriets 05/30/15

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I wasn't liking the crowd very much even thought it's a show and you should expect to get bump into when there isn't much room. it was a little excessive.Or it seemed like people were moving to get a better position or whatever all the time.I had a great time besides that.

When was Elijah Wood DJing was that when they weren't letting people up on the roof?
    Exactly. When it's crowded, it's going to happen, I get it... but last night there was just no excuse for it and it was happening all the time.

I think Elijah Wood was on sometime around midnight.

I think the reason was drugs.At 5am I wish i wasn't so tired because It was hilarious how some of the people looked while dancing with their eyes closed and everything.
    Translation

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    I think Elijah Wood was on sometime around midnight.
    God I hate Los Angeles.

Hate for LA is redundant.But I'm curious why the hate?
    Translation

Last.fm

Look at the line up to this thing and then try to justify putting on an actor DJ anywhere in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    God I hate Los Angeles.
    Yeah I know... one celebrity DJ'ing a side room in the middle of a night that is otherwise packed full of top notch talent is SUCH a downer that it completely overshadows every other amazing thing available to see in the city on a near daily basis.

Honestly, I'd bet you that at least half the people there had no idea that it went down. It wasn't really that big of a deal other than a slightly amusing side note.

It's funny to me that this bothered you guys that much.. I could understand if it was Lindsay Lohan dj'ing but from what I've heard Elijah Wood is actually a pretty musically savvy person, don't know about his dj'ing skills but I don't think this is the guy to really upset you. And he couldn't have been spinning for more than 2 hours so you could have just stayed downstairs..

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    that it completely overshadows every other amazing thing available to see in the city on a near daily basis..
    HHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, sorry. if you think los angeles has a good EDM scene, you need to see a bit more of the world.

Near daily basis? Uhhhh no. Even New York has a better EDM/techno scene than LA.
    Last edited by hangthedj112; 08-28-2011 at 05:26 PM.

the rooftop was closed to a private party till 2am.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I had a fantastic time. Plenty of dipshit LA types there just standing in the front talking, but I got fucked up and told everyone to dance, shut up or get the fuck away from me. Worked like a charm on those fucking hipsters.

Yesterday was pretty nuts too... People were getting sloppy at the end there. lol

overall, the weekend was a fantastic success. Plenty of stories to go around. 8^)
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    im going to be honest and say that you probably wont be that interested until damian goes on. But this is because you dont like smooth house/tech house. It probably wont be banging shit till late.

It's really hilarious how true this turned out to be.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

is this the everything in it's right place mix they dropped at like 545AM or am i an idiot? probably had another song going along with it...

either way saturday night/sunday morning was magical. if you seriously let dj frodo baggins ruin your night or perception of that show as a whole you're a douche. damian was superb. art department was fantastic. deniz was a little mellow for that time of the night, but still quality. and visionquest was fucking transcendental (and i wasn't even on drugs!). only let down was no acid in my fridge remix. that's seriously the only complaint i can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    To be fair, the chromosomal differential between candy raver kids and drunken NASCAR cowboy-types are virtually indectable.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    mmblack = Paul Tollett

This was so, so, so, so good.
    No complaints at all.

I've never seen them drop the Acid in My Fridge mix; even Dinky only teased us with it, never dropped it.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Please post pics you assholes. I just saw this a day late.
    You wanna fook on me?!

I had an amazing fucking time.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    from what I've heard Elijah Wood is actually a pretty musically savvy person.
    I've read on this board, more than once, that he posts here.

I cant believe people are bitching about an actor djing at a private party. WHO GIVES A SHIT?
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    I cant believe people are bitching about an actor djing at a private party. WHO GIVES A SHIT?
    this
    Translation

Last.fm

There are officially more people bitching about the bitching at this point. How was Art Department live set?

That was wonderful. Everyone killed it. Deniz Kurtel was a bit boring but still really great.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    How was Art Department live set?
    Unfortunately it wasn't live but still incredible.

Damian Lazarus??????

Deniz Kurtel was great. Art Department was not fully live, but they did drop some unreleased tracks that will appear on Get Lost4. Droog was good. Damian was awesome. Visionquest was awesome.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

as for photos... i know that mooo knows one of the photographers and I got the card of another, but he hasn't posted yet.

Unlike some people I don't have time to take photos and videos; dancing is priority numba one.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Yea, I didn't think Deniz was boring at all -- was more that I wasn't in the proper mindset to settle in and enjoy her set. That seems to keep happening to me with Deniz. :/

I have 7 pictures from the entire weekend and they're all stuuuupid.

Edit: I do hope someone took a picture of Seth Troxler wearing Ben's glasses.
    Last edited by chiapet; 08-30-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Deniz seems like she's good for either the very first set of the night or the very last, if her DEMF set was any indication. Warm up, or cool down.