Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sub Focus got cut off!!

Lurker

Default Sub Focus got cut off!!

I don't see anyone talking about the Sub Focus set from weekend 2. They cut off the sound right as he was starting his encore at 12:35 12:40ish when Radiohead and Avicii were still playing. It was pretty messed up. People were throwing shit at the stage. Was anyone else there?

And to any of you that say "should've been at Radiohead", I went both weekends so I saw Radiohead first weekend. Don't hate :-)

Default Re: Sub Focus got cut off!!

That's a bummer. He was having some sound issues during his set at weekend one and completely started over. Killer fucking set, though.

That bums me out. Sub Focus was easily a highlight of my weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpony View Post
    I don't see anyone talking about the Sub Focus set from weekend 2. They cut off the sound right as he was starting his encore at 12:35 12:40ish when Radiohead and Avicii were still playing. It was pretty messed up. People were throwing shit at the stage. Was anyone else there?

And to any of you that say "should've been at Radiohead", I went both weekends so I saw Radiohead first weekend. Don't hate :-)
    Why would they cut him off? That makes 0 sense. It's almost as bad as when they cut off the beetroots as they were just about to drop We are From Venice last year so that axwell could play the same exact set as angello...

Poor guy got so upset too. I'm sure he was already stressed out from technical issues from weekend 1, came ready to throw down for weekend 2, and got cut off at the very end.

Did you see him yelling and threatening the guys behind stage? They dragged the guy who cut the sound out front and the the crowd was booing him and throwing trash at him.

Quote Originally Posted by iammrcandyman View Post
    Poor guy got so upset too. I'm sure he was already stressed out from technical issues from weekend 1, came ready to throw down for weekend 2, and got cut off at the very end.

Did you see him yelling and threatening the guys behind stage? They dragged the guy who cut the sound out front and the the crowd was booing him and throwing trash at him.
    Little game of thrones action going on for Weekend 2 - jelly.

Damn, that's crazy. Unfortunate too because he was (IMO) one of the better electronic acts of the whole festival.

Lurker

Don't get me wrong, it was still an amazing set. I just felt bad for the guy. The crowd was going nuts and wanted more. He wanted to play more. It was confusing. The song slowly started to turn down in volume until everyone realized the beat dropped and it was still getting more quiet, so he had to cut it off. Everyone booed. They brought the tech guy out on stage and he gave the "kill sign" to the crowd to tell us it was over. Everyone started throwing shit at him. Pretty weird scene overall.

Was that really what happened? Damn. Didn't stick around long enough to find out - assumed it was a sound glitch. Why the fuck would they turn him down during his LAST song...glad I saw it last weekend, Let The Story Begin is a good jam.

lol i would love to see the video from that.

I love subfocus, have been following him for nearly a decade now, missed his set though due to another set conflict.

Lurker

I stayed a few minutes after the set and once the crowd thinned out I noticed a guy getting placed on a stretcher. Looked like it was an overdose or dehydration... or both. I think this was the reason his encore was cut short.

Saw this as well in the back right area. Was a really big (at least 6 foot 4, 250) guy, hope he was ok. I bet this was it as well.

I met my soulmate at Sub Focus W1, so he has my eternal support. Sucks that this happened, though Was the crowd turnout at least decent?

crowd size was probably about the same as weekend 1, the sound issue was during "let the story begin" and the song actually did play, but at about %20 of the systems capacity

I was right in front! I as so pissed! His set was pretty fucking awesome until that moment though! To bad the audio guys were like "fuck you, no more." You could tell Sub was mad too..

They cut it short because of the guy in the crowd who passed out. When I was leaving the tent they were performing CPR on the guy. It definitely didn't look good.

if they needed to cut the music so that first responders could communicate better to potentially save a life then so be it. hope some that were asking for blood come in here and realize.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-24-2012 at 03:49 PM.

I've got the videooooooo!!! First of all I just want to say that the set was incredible and his live set up is amazing. The bros on acid moshing to about 25% of his set took me out of the element for a bit. anyway, just skip to the end if you want to see what happened.

Holy shit this set looked EPIC! The cut off at the end was absolutely unnecessary though. What a bunch of fucking scrubs. I feel bad for the guy.

I was there for the entire set. Everyone got pretty pissed off....but he was playing amazing! Should have let him do his encore.

wow, poory guy. He had a rough festival. I wonder if he'll every come back

Quote Originally Posted by jjr024 View Post
    They cut it short because of the guy in the crowd who passed out. When I was leaving the tent they were performing CPR on the guy. It definitely didn't look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    if they needed to cut the music so that first responders could communicate better to potentially save a life then so be it. hope some that were asking for blood come in here and realize.
    Quoting just in case anyone didn't read these.
    If you did read these and still mad at the Sub Focus got cut off, then it disappoints me to know that the set was more important to you than a man that isn't breathing and doesn't have a pulse.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I tried to give them a chance weekend 1 but I found them to be pretty cheezy and the sound issues were the last straw. The hype machine behind sub focus was rather annoying too and the guy spinning had me lol'ing. I thought I was watching a commercial for L.A. Looks hair gel. The visuals and stage set up were cool but restarting your entire set after 15 minutes of problems was enough to get me to return to Radiohead.

fyi.. subfocus = one guy, no need to say "them".

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Ok, but he had a hype man or hype men with him. Some artists count those folks as part of who they are. I guess that's not the case with Sub Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Quoting just in case anyone didn't read these.
    If you did read these and still mad at the Sub Focus got cut off, then it disappoints me to know that the set was more important to you than a man that isn't breathing and doesn't have a pulse.
    fuck that guy. Go OD during Avicii's set
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    fuck that guy. Go OD during Avicii's set
    he would have been awarded a plaque upon waking in the hospital

i saw a few mins of this set weekend 1 in passing, wasnt too impressed, figured i'd check it out weekend 2. i never got around to it. i fucked up

aaronbk

Wandered over to this from radiohead. I really enjoyed what I saw/ heard. Didnt know the set was cut short, I must of left just right before that. Hope the dude that passed out was alright.

I saw his set weekend 1, really loved it one of the best EDM of this year. The sound issue for weekend 1 lasted about 2-5 min but it was fine i ran over to ASAP rocky real quick to see how they're doing, btw it was pretty horrible watching those guys live, so I ran back to sub focus and he was back up and running to finish his set. I was right up in the front too, it was not crowded at all.

His entire set was complete fire, until the sound disappeared. It was unfortunate that avicii or asap were the next closest thing, as radiohead was pretty much finished anyways. Does anyone actually know if it was bc of some dude ODing or just that sound guy blew it?