Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Health Insurance

Default Re: Health Insurance

Yes, the best explaination is that Obama meant no one's plan would change ever. Period. He intended to say something he knew couldn't possibly happen, because that's the most plausible interpretation of this whole turn of events.

Also, he clearly needed the crucial support of the 1-2% of the population that this current brouhaha is impacting. Definitely a lie to gain their support, not an attempt to reassure the overwhelmingly vast majority of the public with employer-based insurance or Medicare.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Read my lips. No new taxes!
    He was also wrong.

I will never defend that.

I will never understand defending a wrong with the "you did it too" defense.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Yes, the best explaination is that Obama meant no one's plan would change ever. Period. He intended to say something he knew couldn't possibly happen, because that's the most plausible interpretation of this whole turn of events.
    I never argued that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Also, he clearly needed the crucial support of the 1-2% of the population that this current brouhaha is impacting. Definitely a lie to gain their support, not an attempt to reassure the overwhelmingly vast majority of the public with employer-based insurance or Medicare.
    How hard would it have been to add that he was referring to "the overwhelming majority" to any of his statements?

I can't believe how many people won't give it up even after he admitted that he didn't know what he was talking about.

Still, none of you in here have answered my question...how many of you have even attempted to sign up for health insurance through the exchanges?

How many many are just going to take the penalty once your 1 year extension runs out? How many are going to step up to the plate and contribute?
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

I am now qualified for MediCal and have signed up for that, thanks to the ACA.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar's Cousin View Post
    He was also wrong.

I will never defend that.

I will never understand defending a wrong with the "you did it too" defense.
    I am not disagreeing with you in that regard. I continue to support the ACA and believe that it is the right policy for this country. Preserve the private health insurance markets while making it available for all.

Obama's bungling this week has fucked that all up though and it has set back the 'universal coverage' movement back 10 years.

so here's a gift to you.

The funny thing is that Obama is not actually changing the law. So if your health insurance company allows you to stay on your current health insurance plan that does not meet the requirements of Obamacare, it is technically breaking the law.

And if you continue to stay on that current health insurance plan that does not meet the requirements of Obamacare, you are technically breaking the law.

It is just that Obama has promised not to enforce what the law says for one year.

For a president to just blatantly disregard the rule of law is a very dangerous precedent. Do we really want the president to have the power to decide what laws are going to be enforced and what laws are not going to be enforced?

That sounds dangerously close to a dictatorship to me.
    "Some people just need a hi-five in the face."

All that stuff you just said is "technically" wrong.

Educate yourself on administrative law. Start here.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I am now qualified for MediCal and have signed up for that, thanks to the ACA.

Quote Originally Posted by RODGERRAMJET View Post
    Do we really want the president to have the power to decide what laws are going to be enforced and what laws are not going to be enforced?

Exactly.
    I'm no fan of either of those guys, either. So sad to think Barrack has now lowered himself to their ranks. That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it.

.....and you thought your college tuition was too high already.......
    Can you say, "Thank you, Obamacare!" I knew you could....

While millions of Americans are watching their individual polices get canceled due to ObamaCare regulations, the new health care rules are also having a major impact on college campuses.

For decades, universities and colleges have offered students bare-bones policies. But because of the Affordable Care Act, those policies no longer cut it – and universities are forced to decide whether to offer significantly higher-cost plans or cancel coverage altogether.

The new rules affect a broad swath of American schools, especially the small ones.

At Bowie State University in Maryland, the cost of student health insurance policies went from roughly $100 a year to $1,800 a year.

The cancelled plan offered $5,000 worth of medical coverage to students for just $54 per semester. University administrators said an acceptable replacement under the Affordable Care Act would have cost $900 per semester, a 1,500 percent increase.

Students who need individual coverage are likely to find a better deal for themselves on the Maryland Health Connection insurance exchange, University spokeswoman Cassandra Robinson said.

In the end, the school decided to drop the policy for all of its 5,500 enrollees. Students were notified of the dropped coverage on the school’s website.

"Bowie State University has suspended offering health insurance for domestic students for the 2013-2014 academic year," according to the school's official website. "Due to new requirements of the Affordable Care Act which will go into effect on January 1, 2014, the cost of insurance for domestic students will increase to approximately $1800 per year."

The sticker shock didn’t sit well with some students who spoke out against the price hike.

“You’ve haven’t done anything Obama and I am disappointed in you,” one student said. Another told Campus Reform, “We don’t have that money. We can barely afford books.”

On their parents plan til 26/eligible for subsidies/eligible for medicaid/catastrophic plans

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

[QUOTE=guedita;2816740]On their parents plan til 26/eligible for subsidies/eligible for medicaid/catastrophic plans[/QUOTE
    Okay. Seriously. What "kid" would want to "sponge" off mom-and-dad until they're 26 years old? I mean, come-on. Where's the sense of pride? Of dignity?

Sometimes life circumstances cause "sponging" off your parents to be necessary for people who are under the age of 26, you dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Sometimes life circumstances cause "sponging" off your parents to be necessary for people who are under the age of 26, you dipshit.
    So, where does "sponging off the parents", in general, stop? Should you live at home in mom and dad's basement until you're, say 30? 35? 40? When is it a good time to grow up and face the realities of life, even if life deals you a curve ball? Don't you think mom and dad have enough problems of their own without having to "finance" 26 year old junior? Enough. I say cut-the-cord at 18. Mom and dad deserve a life.

"Pride and dignity" should be words we apply to a nation that provides good health care for all, not some sort of empty bootstraps rhetoric that implies that people under 26 who stay on their parent's healthcare plan are leeches or losers.

I don't know, I didn't feel like a fucking loser when I had to have an expensive knee surgery at 23. I was pretty fucking happy my father's employer still allowed me to be on his plan, because the out of pocket costs for that would have put a huge dent in my life as a recent college grad in between jobs.

You know what lacks pride and dignity? Shaming people for ever needing health care at all.

VigoTheCarpathian

What if the kid is mentally disabled?

You dipshit. You realize you can stay on your parent's policy while not living at home and "making it on your own," right? But maybe you work a few part time jobs? Or your employer doesn't provide as good an option? You are a fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    What if the kid is mentally disabled?
    That's different. That's totally different. I really do feel sorry for the mentally disabled. They didn't ask to be born like that. I feel sorry for their parents, too.

VigoTheCarpathian

Only a fool would not accept all the help they could get.

The whole idea of health insurance serving as a barometer of whether or not someone is a "leech" or a "drain" or whatever hits at the core of what is fundamentally fucked up about this whole issue.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    You dipshit. You realize you can stay on your parent's policy while not living at home and "making it on your own," right? But maybe you work a few part time jobs? Or your employer doesn't provide as good an option? You are a fucking idiot.
    Would you be paying your share of the insurance premium, or having mom-and-dad pay for it? You might convince me if you're paying your own way. And, yeah, I worked three part time jobs at one point in my life (in my early twenties) and had three roommates in a two bedroom one bathroom "slum" apartment which meant I called the living room couch my sleeping quarters. My college days. It was total hell then but looking back on it all, they were the best years of my life.

I wish there was an answer to all of this health care mess in the USA. I mean, it seemed like everything was all right until Obamacare.....well, at least for most Americans. Then Obamacare comes along and everything gets all fouled-up. Here's an idea: Why not let people who have their own insurance that they like keep it for as long as they like--not just the one year extension Barrack has offered--and everybody else that needs insurance can participate in a "pool" sponsored by the government? I'm not really happy about that idea, either--the government "subsidizing" health care--but I think I could live with that concept. In other words, let my participation in Obamacare be MY choice, not forced upon me by the government. Compromise-compromise. Win-win.

That's different. That's totally different. I really do feel sorry for the mentally disabled. They didn't ask to be born like that. I feel sorry for their parents, too.
    Most people don't ask to become sick or get injured you fucking dolt.

VigoTheCarpathian

RODGERRAMJET needs to create an apology thread and donate 10 bucks to The United Negro College Fund.

I do remember being on crutches at the grocery store after my surgery and the cashier asked me if I was able to get the health care I needed so that my leg could function normally again on my parent's plan or through my own hard earned dollar. I blushed and had to admit, no, I was at 23 -- still on my parent's plan and could have no way afforded the surgery I needed so that I wouldn't be subjected to random incidences of my knee locking up and being unable to walk and in complete debilitating pain. She didn't say I was a free loading loser with no ambition, but I could see it in her eyes. I'd never been more ashamed.

I wish there was an answer to all of this health care mess in the USA. I mean, it seemed like everything was all right until Obamacare.....well, at least for most Americans.
    You have to be trolling. Either that, or you're freakishly ignorant about the types of troubles that "most Americans" go through.