Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: thoughts

  1. #1

    Default thoughts

    a.) GOOD job getting rid of the scalpers. The only person that can use a camping pass is the person who bought it. Wristbands can still be scalped BUT there are an extra 75k of them. So even if they do sell out the price of scalped tickets should be lower.

    b.) The first weekend will sellout out durning the presale. It is clear this is the one people want to go to more.

    c.) This ticket system sucks. It can not handle the high demand.

    d.) Do not buy from stub hub (20+ tickets already sold over face). There are still many tickets left for both days. Yes this is pointless cause anyone who looks at this board would know this.

  2. #2
    Member tigermilkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    doha, qatar
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: thoughts

    a) Scalpers weren't a major purchaser of tickets this year. They didn't scoop up vast numbers of tickets.

    c) Bigger servers cost more money. Higher costs are passed on to the consumer. Ticketmaster can afford the biggest servers, hence the monopoly. If you want alternatives to Ticketmaster put up with Frontgate.

    d) Many people just google 'buy coachella tickets' go to Stubhub and have done with it. If someone wants to spend $500 on tickets, then that is their choice.

  3. #3

    Default Re: thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    a) Scalpers weren't a major purchaser of tickets this year. They didn't scoop up vast numbers of tickets.

    c) Bigger servers cost more money. Higher costs are passed on to the consumer. Ticketmaster can afford the biggest servers, hence the monopoly. If you want alternatives to Ticketmaster put up with Frontgate.

    d) Many people just google 'buy coachella tickets' go to Stubhub and have done with it. If someone wants to spend $500 on tickets, then that is their choice.
    a.) true

    c.) true. But if I recall correct the cost for Frontgate was the SAME as Ticketmaster (both cost 310). If I am paying the extra SAME price I would rather go with Ticketmaster. Now if Frontgate made their price 15 bucks cheaper that would be one thing.

    d.) true but I still feel bad for the "dumb" people. Now if it is someone who is willing to pay and extra 200 just to have the easy of Stub hub good for them. But I would guess most people can not afford to pay 200 bucks just to save a few minutes of hassle.

  4. #4
    Member I.F.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post
    c.) true. But if I recall correct the cost for Frontgate was the SAME as Ticketmaster (both cost 310). If I am paying the extra SAME price I would rather go with Ticketmaster. Now if Frontgate made their price 15 bucks cheaper that would be one thing.
    So, the smaller guy should take a loss solely based on being the smaller guy? Weird logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

  5. #5

    Default Re: thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by I.F.A. View Post
    So, the smaller guy should take a loss solely based on being the smaller guy? Weird logic.
    They either have to be cheaper or BETTER. In this case they are the SAME price and the service is worse.

    If a can of Coke cost $1 and a Walmart brand can of coke cost a $1 I will buy the "real" Coke 100% of the time. If the Walmart brand can of coke tasted better than real Coke (which it doesn't) or if it was cheaper then I would buy it.

  6. #6
    Member I.F.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post
    They either have to be cheaper or BETTER. In this case they are the SAME price and the service is worse.
    Still faulty logic. Perhaps the contract was cheaper for GV. Perhaps GV has philosophical reasons for not using Ticketmaster (which I would stand behind). Either way, the most important things from GV's perspective would likely be that their fees not be more expensive than Ticketmaster, and that the system work reasonably well - and even with the wait times, which are annoying but to be expected with this kind of volume (and, as I pointed out in another thread, waiting 4 hours online to get a concert ticket is still way better than waiting 4 hours outside in front of the venue) I'd still say that this has worked reasonably well. By all means, you've a right be the kind of consumer who considers nothing but price point - that doesn't mean, however, that anything "has" to be cheaper just because you say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post

    b.) The first weekend will sellout out durning the presale. It is clear this is the one people want to go to more.
    Define "clear"
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  8. #8

    Default Re: thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by I.F.A. View Post
    Still faulty logic. Perhaps the contract was cheaper for GV. Perhaps GV has philosophical reasons for not using Ticketmaster (which I would stand behind). Either way, the most important things from GV's perspective would likely be that their fees not be more expensive than Ticketmaster, and that the system work reasonably well - and even with the wait times, which are annoying but to be expected with this kind of volume (and, as I pointed out in another thread, waiting 4 hours online to get a concert ticket is still way better than waiting 4 hours outside in front of the venue) I'd still say that this has worked reasonably well. By all means, you've a right be the kind of consumer who considers nothing but price point - that doesn't mean, however, that anything "has" to be cheaper just because you say so.
    well maybe GV should charge an extra 100 bucks so they can pay their works more pay the artist more give more to charity

    the point is the most important thing is the price (same for the consumer) and the quality of the product (worse for the consumer). Yes there IS more to the picture but nothing is as important as these two things.

  9. #9
    Member I.F.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: thoughts

    I disagree.

    Also, were it Ticketmaster I imagine that people would still be finding something to bitch about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

  10. #10

    Default Re: thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Define "clear"
    31 tickets have sold on stub hub for week one. Average price 442

    6 have sold on stub hub for week two. Average price 436

    On the few places I have looked more people say they want to go to week one (facebook this board ect).

    People have said the wait to buy tickets is longer for week 1

    As you can see nothing "major" it is more of a hunch.

  11. #11

    Default Re: thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by I.F.A. View Post
    I disagree.

    Also, were it Ticketmaster I imagine that people would still be finding something to bitch about.
    ok. fair enough

    I am by no means a business person just an average customer. Price and quality are my issues (I would guess the same is true for a lot of customers).

    Is there more to the picture sure but the average person is not going to consider other stuff.

  12. #12
    old school microcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lansing_mi
    Posts
    2,710

    Default Re: thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post
    People have said the wait to buy tickets is longer for week 1
    It took me 3 hours to purchase tickets for weekend 2, so that is bullshit. It was equally slow for just about everyone today.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,337

    Default Re: thoughts

    Wait, what? Why are tickets selling on Stubhub for above face value when you can buy them still from front gate?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

  14. #14
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,805

    Default Re: thoughts

    Because people are morons
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  15. #15

    Default Re: thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Because people are morons
    I would say this the 99% the answer

    but there are also some people that prefer sub hub because it is easier. Granted with fees they are paying like $170 bucks MORE for the tickets. I wish I was able to throw away a $170 to avoid what amount to a little hassle.

  16. #16

    Default Re: thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Similar Threads

  1. Thoughts on Die Antwoord?
    By bballarl in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 01:09 PM
  2. day 1 thoughts
    By pitipur in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 12:10 PM
  3. My thoughts
    By KatieLyn in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
  4. Menik, what are your thoughts on this....
    By Deviate_420 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •