Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2427

Thread: Who Else is In The ''Waiting Room''?

Default Re: Who Else is In The ''Waiting Room''?

I just want a car camping. Please god, I already did layaway, I should have got car camping and i didn't. It says they're still on sale, even though it says Weekend 1 sold out. I don't know whether to leave or not. Oh god, I just want car camping.

3 hours in the waiting room and got nothing for Weekend 2. Glad I'm still going to Weekend 1, but i feel bad for everyone that uses this shitty system and gets nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

For those that bought tix through Radiohead's Waste site, did you get email confirmations? So far I just have my printed confirmation page...

Quote Originally Posted by reba_dude View Post
    For those that bought tix through Radiohead's Waste site, did you get email confirmations? So far I just have my printed confirmation page...
    Yes but it took like 45 minutes.

And just to think that even yesterday, we all felt confident that we could just swipe the last GA/shuttle passes for weekend 1 and use weekend 2 as a safety crutch...
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

again. not to long ago. radiohead.com came through with tickets. start hitting the refresh buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by reba_dude View Post
    Got my email confirmation pretty much instant.. RADIOHEAD!!!!

GV needs to dump frontgate. I knew people who were waiting for over three hours while others were able to jump on after 1 and buy tickets in like 10 minutes. I hate to say this, but ticketmaster would do a better job.

Went in at ten but was unable to get tickets.

Apparently, FrontGate will bring you through to the purchase page, even if there aren't tickets available. Then, after verifying funds on your card, if no tickets are available, they'll cancel the order and you start over. Shit thing is, these funds are on hold with your bank/AmEx for a few days. Fucked up fucking system. As for the shuttle passes, apparently Coachella is obligated to the City of Indio to sell a certain number of combo passes... ???
    Quote Originally Posted by belouxs View Post
    What just happened?! I was in the Standby room for THREE HOURS waiting to buy tickets. Finally got to the purchase page and it said my credit card number was invalid. I double checked it and checked it again. It still said invalid! So, I entered in my AmEx card and it directed me back to the Standby page. 11 minutes later it said Weekend 2 was sold out. I can't believe it. I've gone every year for 7 years.

Is it because I was using a debit card?! Had I known that beforehand, I would've used my AmEx in the first place. And why the hell wouldn't they take a debit card?! That makes no sense.

Also, why would I want to buy a shuttle/camping pass with my ticket?! I have a house in the desert, I can walk to the Polo Field, I shouldn't have to buy a freaking ride/place to stay just to go the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Albiedamned View Post
    I just want a car camping. Please god, I already did layaway, I should have got car camping and i didn't. It says they're still on sale, even though it says Weekend 1 sold out. I don't know whether to leave or not. Oh god, I just want car camping.

call frontgate. ask for greg or jon. they will be able to add car camping for your previously placed order.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    GV needs to dump frontgate. I knew people who were waiting for over three hours while others were able to jump on after 1 and buy tickets in like 10 minutes. I hate to say this, but ticketmaster would do a better job.
    yea I was at work scrolling the forums while at the same time in standby for 3+ hours. I was getting furious seeing how many people it took less than 15 minutes to get on the site and purchase tickets. Fuckin ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Radiohead.com came through in the clutch for my friend just now.

Thom Yorke, single handed, is saving Coachella 2012.
    people keep saying this... how?

its been saying its sold out on my browser for hours.. how are people still getting tickets to radiohead.com and every once in a while someone will pop in like I just got 2 weekend 1 tickets when they were sold out for hours? HOW? are u people just sitting there hitting refresh to a sold out page and magically its un sold out? Whats your fuckin secret

People drop tickets from their cart, payments are declined, etc. There are lots of reasons additional tickets pop up. It didn't seem like Radiohead had a time limit on your cart for the ticket, so people could be dropping them at any time or forgot it was in their browser.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12[1+2], 13[1+2]

Quote Originally Posted by Kush x OJ View Post
    people keep saying this... how?

its been saying its sold out on my browser for hours.. how are people still getting tickets to radiohead.com and every once in a while someone will pop in like I just got 2 weekend 1 tickets when they were sold out for hours? HOW? are u people just sitting there hitting refresh to a sold out page and magically its un sold out? Whats your fuckin secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Redundant567 View Post
    People drop tickets from their cart, payments are declined, etc. There are lots of reasons additional tickets pop up. It didn't seem like Radiohead had a time limit on your cart for the ticket, so people could be dropping them at any time or forgot it was in their browser.
    Pretty much this. Just keep pushing refresh. Get whatever falls your way. I was able to buy 3 passes after it was "sold out".

What a clusterfuck. Radiohead site is the only reason I got tickets, and I was on there at 10.

There's no question they should go through ticketmaster, or else via some glastonbury-type system.

What number can get through? I've been calling the (888)512-7469 number that Coachella's site has offered. I've also been calling (512)389-0315 from front gate's website. I can't get through, and i'm afraid by the end of the day car camping will be sold out...

Quote Originally Posted by butitdidhappen View Post
    What a clusterfuck. Radiohead site is the only reason I got tickets, and I was on there at 10.

There's no question they should go through ticketmaster, or else via some glastonbury-type system.
    No, they shouldnt go through ticketmaster, theyll lose money. They want their own ticketing system now. They can keep improving it, deal with it.

Well the pre-sale and today's onsale show that the current system is pretty much broken. People should not be able to log on after an hour after 10:00 am and instantly get tickets while others are still in the waiting room.

people should also only log on with one browser. how much of the chaos was caused by people having several, up to a dozen, windows open?

its didnt matter if you were on the stand by page at 10am,11am, or noon. i think it was all by the luck of the draw. i had loaded my firefox + internet explore on my buddies desktop and had both on the stand by page at exactly 10:50am. i waited 50 minutes and both pages were still on stand by. i got frustrated and decided to grab my laptop and tried purchasing my tickets through that at exactly noon, which i then loaded my safari browser, clicked on the 2ed weekend ticket sale and was directed right into the purchase page without even having to type any code OR wait on standby page. so with that happening, i started thinking... why was i on stand by page for over an hour on my buddies desktop while i was instantly directed to purchase page on my macbook pro laptop? i think it has something to do with front gate randomly selecting IP addresses to skip the stand by page and instantly have them directed to purchase page. they gave me 8 minutes to fill out all my billing and mailing information and i was able to purchase it with 4 extra minutes to spare, including a confirmation email that got delivered to me in less than a minute.

I didn't buy pre-sale because I didn't think I was going in June. I moved to London in September for Uni and when I got my schedule, realized I would be home for spring break during weekend 1. Me and my family were on multiple computers at 9:55 - 1:30 because I knew the demand would be high but still, me and even all of my friends back home didn't have any luck with this system. I even tried the Radiohead site when that was first mentioned, got through the process and then the site error'd out and didn't get anything.
    I went to 2010 and 11, not that I am some experienced Coachella'er but this is the worst ticket experience I have ever had. Now I have to resort to scalpers on stub hub and pay more than double the price.

Coachella 2012 is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkandbrown View Post
    its didnt matter if you were on the stand by page at 10am,11am, or noon. i think it was all by the luck of the draw. i had loaded my firefox + internet explore on my buddies desktop and had both on the stand by page at exactly 10:50am. i waited 50 minutes and both pages were still on stand by. i got frustrated and decided to grab my laptop and tried purchasing my tickets through that at exactly noon, which i then loaded my safari browser, clicked on the 2ed weekend ticket sale and was directed right into the purchase page without even having to type any code OR wait on standby page. so with that happening, i started thinking... why was i on stand by page for over an hour on my buddies desktop while i was instantly directed to purchase page on my macbook pro laptop? i think it has something to do with front gate randomly selecting IP addresses to skip the stand by page and instantly have them directed to purchase page. they gave me 8 minutes to fill out all my billing and mailing information and i was able to purchase it with 4 extra minutes to spare, including a confirmation email that got delivered to me in less than a minute.
    thats what the waiting room was created for. They were letting people in there slowly to buy tickets. But whatever, it happens. I know people who got stuck on there for 2 hours and never did anything else. They never got any tickets cause it wouldnt get em into the buy page.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Well the pre-sale and today's onsale show that the current system is pretty much broken. People should not be able to log on after an hour after 10:00 am and instantly get tickets while others are still in the waiting room.
    It wouldnt even work that way on TM either ya know. If the same amount of people went on TM and tried to buy tickets, they would get the eternal ''your wait is longer than 15 minutes'' b.s.

the point of the waiting room was to try and not have the purchasing portion of the ticketing site crash. The bulk of the servers were on the front end of this, so it could handle things better. Did anyone get any big issues when buying? Did they get hung up on a page or anything? Doesnt sound like it. The only ''problem'' was waiting to try to buy, thats it.
    Last edited by suprefan; 01-13-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ianM. View Post
    I didn't buy pre-sale because I didn't think I was going in June. I moved to London in September for Uni and when I got my schedule, realized I would be home for spring break during weekend 1. Me and my family were on multiple computers at 9:55 - 1:30 because I knew the demand would be high but still, me and even all of my friends back home didn't have any luck with this system. I even tried the Radiohead site when that was first mentioned, got through the process and then the site error'd out and didn't get anything.
    I went to 2010 and 11, not that I am some experienced Coachella'er but this is the worst ticket experience I have ever had. Now I have to resort to scalpers on stub hub and pay more than double the price.

Coachella 2012 is a mess.
    This is something people that didn't get presale say.

And those that didn't get Presale, should have gone for Weekend 2 tickets instead of Weekend 1 since they were mostly sold out already.

It's not that you're having a bad ticket buying experience, it's that the festival has just exploded in popularity. For better or worse, this is how it is.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    This is something people that didn't get presale say.
    Ssshhhh!!! Don't kill it.

Back in the day we would go town to The Warehouse (a record store, remember those?) to buy our tickets. They had a system to make it "fair" and to keep people from camping out all night for good tickets. They would give everyone in line a ticket, then the had a drawing, whoever had the winning ticket moved to the front of the line, and everyone in front of the winning person had to move to the back of the line, i.e. the person directly in front of the winning person is last. I never had a problem with this system and sometimes I didn't get tickets, but every once in a while I got GREAT tickets without having to camp out.
    Just trying to get a word in.

My experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips View Post
    Back in the day we would go town to The Warehouse (a record store, remember those?) to buy our tickets. They had a system to make it "fair" and to keep people from camping out all night for good tickets. They would give everyone in line a ticket, then the had a drawing, whoever had the winning ticket moved to the front of the line, and everyone in front of the winning person had to move to the back of the line, i.e. the person directly in front of the winning person is last. I never had a problem with this system and sometimes I didn't get tickets, but every once in a while I got GREAT tickets without having to camp out.
    This sounds like the dumbest system of all time.

Also, it was the Wherehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by artiefissio View Post
    [hitler video]

My experience.
    That was hilarious! Kudos!
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I