Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV on the Radio, Arctic Monkeys and Panda Bear @ The Hollywood Bowl Spet 25th

Default Re: TV on the Radio, Arctic Monkeys and Panda Bear @ The Hollywood Bowl Spet 25th

if anyone sees set times please post them

Default Re: TV on the Radio, Arctic Monkeys and Panda Bear @ The Hollywood Bowl Spet 25th

I'll just be getting there at 5 something. Won't want to miss a minute of it once everything gets going at 6pm.

oh show starts at 6? i thought that was doors.

Nope, Smith Westerns walk on at 6pm.

thanks cutter

I'm 4th row in the super seats if anyone wants to come say hello tonight. Really excited to see ALL of the groups playing.

Who is gonna enjoy the uber short sets?

Smith Westerns - 6:00 - 6:30
    Warpaint - 6:45 - 7:15
    Panda Bear - 7:30 - 8:10
    Arctic Monkeys - 8:30 - 9:15
    TV On The Radio - 9:30 - 10:30

anyone know if the bowl has will call? I won tickets from FYF, but they haven't really given me any info yet. I'm guessing these tickets will be at the box office?

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Who is gonna enjoy the uber short sets?

Smith Westerns - 6:00 - 6:30
    Warpaint - 6:45 - 7:15
    Panda Bear - 7:30 - 8:10
    Arctic Monkeys - 8:30 - 9:15
    TV On The Radio - 9:30 - 10:30
    jesus. how ridiculous

thanks supre

I hope this isn't like the Sharon Van Etten/Neko Case/The National concert on 9/11 where EVERYONE talked for 2/3rds of the show.

Judging by the Vegas and SD shows, Arctic Monkeys really should have closed these shows. The energy after AM really dies when TvOTR go on. A lot of people left after AM's set at both shows.

I like TV on the radio, but I really haven't been feeling their set at all after these two shows. Hopefully tonight they will step it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 3n60r63d View Post
    jesus. how ridiculous
    It's not awful, and not unexpected. A good medium between what supre and myself said a page ago. Arctic Monkeys and TV on the Radio have also been playing together that past couple nights, so I'm sure they have a set down for similar time constraints.

I'm just glad Panda Bear got a bit more time then the other two openers. That set would have gotten hurt the most by time.

Hurah for a 40 minutes Panda Bear set!
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Rotating stage FTW!

Smith westerns only played 20 min so they ahead of schedule but they have the rotating stage going.

They did have down time in between bands tonight. But they cut things off at 10:15, so I think that affected the early acts moreso than the later ones. Also, the times were off since things just went very quickly from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer333 View Post
    anyone know if the bowl has will call? I won tickets from FYF, but they haven't really given me any info yet. I'm guessing these tickets will be at the box office?
    ummmm, yeah, they have a box office......

Quote Originally Posted by Pat24 View Post
    Judging by the Vegas and SD shows, Arctic Monkeys really should have closed these shows. The energy after AM really dies when TvOTR go on. A lot of people left after AM's set at both shows.

I like TV on the radio, but I really haven't been feeling their set at all after these two shows. Hopefully tonight they will step it up.
    Disagree completely. Arctic Monkeys are so mediocre, they don't deserve to headline anything.

Such a legit show. Everything was run so well. Nice crowd, awesome docent who moved us into an empty Terrace box in the center.

Cus I'm a nerd and made a note of it:
    Smith westerns 6-6:20
    Warpaint 6:20-6:48
    Panda bear 6:54-7:32
    Arctic monkeys 7:48-8:53
    Tv on the radio 9:10-10:15

Both bands got the entirely of what they had on their setlists in. Got my own copy of Arctic Monkey's list as well.

Everyone brought it tonight, even Smith Westerns who were a tad confused about how short they were playing. TV on the Radio's run of Staring at the Sun> Repetition > Wolf Like Me and then encoring real quick with Satellite was amazing. They brought the energy.

ooooo opening with Young Liars, so dank

I had a great time last night, and agree that TVOTR really brought it with the last 3 songs + encore; I haven't heard them be that "forceful" live before, and I think their song selection was really on-point. I also thought Panda Bear was really good as well, much better than when I saw him at FYF last year (perhaps because Sonic Boom was there to lend a hand, as well as having more time to work with the new songs in a live setting). I can't say I get what all the fuss over Arctic Monkeys is about (they weren't bad, but I just felt they were quite bland/generic), but whatever - four out of five isn't bad. I had awesome seats too, although there were quite a few empty seats in the back two or three Promenade sections (especially on the sides).

On a personal note, I also feel quite bad for my friend who was supposed to go with me; he couldn't leave his apartment in San Diego because of a bomb scare near his place, one which caused police to put everyone in the area on "house arrest." It wasn't until around 7 (this whole ordeal started just after noon) that the bomb squad made the discovery that the "bomb" was, in fact, just batteries in a thermos.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    I had a great time last night, and agree that TVOTR really brought it with the last 3 songs + encore; I haven't heard them be that "forceful" live before, and I think their song selection was really on-point. I also thought Panda Bear was really good as well, much better than when I saw him at FYF last year (perhaps because Sonic Boom was there to lend a hand, as well as having more time to work with the new songs in a live setting). I can't say I get what all the fuss over Arctic Monkeys is about (they weren't bad, but I just felt they were quite bland/generic), but whatever - four out of five isn't bad. I had awesome seats too, although there were quite a few empty seats in the back two or three Promenade sections (especially on the sides).
    Yep, exactly how I felt.

On a personal note, I also feel quite bad for my friend who was supposed to go with me; he couldn't leave his apartment in San Diego because of a bomb scare near his place, one which caused police to put everyone in the area on "house arrest." It wasn't until around 7 (this whole ordeal started just after noon) that the bomb squad made the discovery that the "bomb" was, in fact, just batteries in a thermos.
    That is so strange! Glad it wasn't happening near me...

. I can't say I get what all the fuss over Arctic Monkeys is about (they weren't bad, but I just felt they were quite bland/generic), but whatever - four out of five isn't bad.

You never saw them during their first 2 albums

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    ummmm, yeah, they have a box office......

wow that response after the fact really helped me out alot. thanks...

I thought the whole night went pretty well. You could definitely tell Smith Westerns weren't very stoked to be there, only to play for 20 minutes. It would have been cool to see a longer set from Warpaint, but at least the Arctic Monkeys got more time than expected.

I didnt go to the bowl show, but went to the San Diego one. Here's a couple videos I took from the pit:

I really enjoyed Arctic Monkeys, not sure why everybody hates on them. They actually played more old shit than I was expecting, which was a nice surprise. I really loved TVOTR though too. They were WAY better than I was expecting. Saw them once a long time ago and wasn't all that impressed. They blew me away at this show though. Too bad all the stupid AM fans left after they played and it emptied out a bit for TVOTR. I felt bad for them. They still killed it though.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Wow, most of you had a much better time of it than I did. Thought overall a very underwhelming show...but so much of that is because the Bowl's such a lame arena for a rock show.

I thought TV On The Radio's sound was awful. Warpaint was close to as strong as at Coachella though.

Gotta more detail review on my blog...third post from top.

http://www.mcqsbestof.com/