Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV on the Radio, Arctic Monkeys and Panda Bear @ The Hollywood Bowl Spet 25th

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: TV on the Radio, Arctic Monkeys and Panda Bear @ The Hollywood Bowl Spet 25th

this show seems like a whole lot of opening acts with no headliner. the hollywood bowl confuses me.

Default Re: TV on the Radio, Arctic Monkeys and Panda Bear @ The Hollywood Bowl Spet 25th

missed AM's palladium show last night.... rule #124 - dont rely on others when it comes to tix for your favorite band
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    this show seems like a whole lot of opening acts with no headliner. the hollywood bowl confuses me.
    If you don't think TV on the Radio is a headliner for a bowl show then you haven't been listening well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    In my dream world, it would go as so:

Smith Westerns 6:00-6:30
    Warpaint 6:30-7:10
    Panda Bear 7:10-8:00
    Arctic Monkeys 8:00-9:00
    TV on the Radio 9:00-10:00

But, I'm sure TVOTR and Arctic Monkeys will both get more time and the rotating stage will be nowhere to be seen.
    Ill counter with the reality of set times...

Smith Westerns 6:00-6:20
    Warpaint 6:30-6:55
    Panda Bear 7:05-7:35
    Arctic Monkeys 7:50-8:50
    TV on the Radio 9:00-10:00

^ Seems reasonable, but I think Warpaint will only get 20 minutes instead of 25 (extra 5 will go to Panda Bear, btw).
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Rotating stage should be at every show ever.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Rotating stage should be at every show ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    ^ Seems reasonable, but I think Warpaint will only get 20 minutes instead of 25 (extra 5 will go to Panda Bear, btw).
    Ya'll dreaming....

Does anyone have the presale password?

bowl925

try this at 3 pm

http://tixx1.artistarena.com/tvontheradio/

username :tvontheradio
    password: tickets
    Last edited by suprefan; 06-13-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    Completely agree. Have to say Warpaint is the most enticing band for me on this lineup. I thought Panda Bear was disappointing live at last year's FYF and TVOTR is completely overrated. They only have a handful of good tunes off of their early stuff like Desperate Youth.

Warpaint play 247 in Los Angeles. I think their doing a show tonight behind the 7-11 on Sunset.
    Last edited by Justin170; 06-13-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Bought my tickets. Boom

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    Warpaint play 247 in Los Angeles. I think their doing a show tonight behind the 7-11 on Sunset.
    time?

Sorry was a joke. I do see them from time to time at the most random places playing around town.

lol
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)
    9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

haha should have picked up on that. foolish

Does anyone who has attended a show at the hollywood bowl know how the bench seating works? I'm wondering if the bench is numbered seating for this show specifically. I want to buy my ticket now but will wait for a few other friends if it means we cant sit together. I've tried finding the info online with no luck.

What do you mean, how a bench is seated? Its all assigned seating, so what exactly do you need? The Hollywood Bowl is never general admission, so remember that for any other time you go to see a show at the bowl.

Yes I was wondering if the benchs were numbered seating. Thank you

And just so you know, when you were tyring to buy on ticketmaster, it does give you a section, row and seat number. I dont know how obvious you needed it to be for you to think it wasnt assigned.

Well I wasn't trying to buy them I was merely looking at the seating chart and hollywood bowls website. Fuck you anways, if you felt that it was a stupid question then just don't answer it. I've been to other ampitheaters and bowls that have GA sections so I figured I'd ask. Thanks for your help though, dickwad.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferie View Post
    Well I wasn't trying to buy them I was merely looking at the seating chart and hollywood bowls website. Fuck you anways, if you felt that it was a stupid question then just don't answer it. I've been to other ampitheaters and bowls that have GA sections so I figured I'd ask. Thanks for your help though, dickwad.

Im the only one who wouldve answered it anyway. Oh, and checking the Hollywood Bowl site didnt show you that there isnt any lawn in the back? Hence your GA theory? Have fun in the back on the benches.....

Alright you win. I'm an illeterate retard who can only work the coachella message board site and who can only afford a $52 dollar ticket but I blame you more than myself by answering my question you've only continued my ignorance. Maybe one day I'll be a supre fan who refuses to buy mid level seats and insults those less hip kids who have never been to the hollywood bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferie View Post
    illeterate retard
    Speaks volumes.
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)
    9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

One of the better unneccesery freakouts in recent memory.

I need to go! Are tickets on sale yet? or have they sold out? arghhh.
    Last edited by lovesthebeat; 02-21-2014 at 12:04 AM.

VigoTheCarpathian

Set times don't bother me: I'd be going for the atmosphere anyways; what I really want to know is where be the secret shows?

Tonight! See you all there nice and early.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.