Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1223

Thread: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

  1. #121
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post

    Wow you really think tickets are going on sale this early?
    Why cant you just hit the quote button?

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    soon to be silverlake
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    GV fall fest is FYFEST....opps!!!!!!!

  3. #123
    Member citizenerased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    2,489

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    Definitely not being advertised like it's a bad thing. I'm excited.

  4. #124
    Member darksideofkaos.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    1,077

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    I'm going to be so bummed if I have to buy tickets this soon... Oh well we will find out on Tuesday.


    EDIT:
    This whole idea of uploading a picture is actually a really cool one. I mean the only downside I could see to this is if for some reason your plans fall through and you have to sell your tickets... I'm sure GV will have a solution to everything though.
    Last edited by darksideofkaos.; 05-27-2011 at 10:47 PM.

  5. #125
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    Quote Originally Posted by darksideofkaos. View Post
    I'm going to be so bummed if I have to buy tickets this soon... Oh well we will find out on Tuesday.


    EDIT:
    This whole idea of uploading a picture is actually a really cool one. I mean the only downside I could see to this is if for some reason your plans fall through and you have to sell your tickets... I'm sure GV will have a solution to everything though.
    Nope, you cant sell your tickets. Glastonbury has the system so its not possible at all. If they gave you that leeway, then it pretty much lets the scalpers have a market because of name transfers. Pretty much they would be asking you to fully commit, regardless of you being able to go or not. Did you see them release those tickets from people who didnt make all of their layaway payments?

  6. #126
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Nope, you cant sell your tickets. Glastonbury has the system so its not possible at all. If they gave you that leeway, then it pretty much lets the scalpers have a market because of name transfers. Pretty much they would be asking you to fully commit, regardless of you being able to go or not. Did you see them release those tickets from people who didnt make all of their layaway payments?
    Glasto has a resale a few weeks before the fest for those people who decide they dont want to go and don't finalize the payments. Those tickets get sold off.

    Coachella COULD do that, and they probably would.

    Problem is, Californian's are lazy as fuck, and even whinier.

    That being the case, its a brilliant idea, lets hope they do it.

  7. #127

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    Friday: neon trees/ KOL duleing 5 hour jam sesh

    Saturday: the 1985 bears perform the super bowl shuffle with live remixes performed by skrillix.

    Sunday: no music, just free AIDZ needlez distributed to the crowd with a sincronized injection scheduled for midnight.
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

  8. #128
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    Glasto has a resale a few weeks before the fest for those people who decide they dont want to go and don't finalize the payments. Those tickets get sold off.

    Coachella COULD do that, and they probably would.

    Problem is, Californian's are lazy as fuck, and even whinier.

    That being the case, its a brilliant idea, lets hope they do it.
    Yeah, but think about this though, if it was somebody who had fully paid and wanted to resell? Then thats where it gets sticky.


    tuesday is gonna be.........



  9. #129

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    Glasto did NOT make you pay for the full amount until AFTER the lineup was released.

    You only had to pay a (relatively) small down payment that was 90% refundable.

    There's no reason Coachella couldn't do the same thing.

  10. #130
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    Quote Originally Posted by Thisismyname View Post
    Glasto did NOT make you pay for the full amount until AFTER the lineup was released.

    You only had to pay a (relatively) small down payment that was 90% refundable.

    There's no reason Coachella couldn't do the same thing.
    But how many people drop out of going to Coachella well after a line up is released? What if you had an emergency the week before? Day before?

  11. #131
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,420

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am


    Paul is a nice dude. We chatted for a bit about the fest and our favorite sets. He was really happy to hear everything I had to say.

  12. #132
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    So Paul was chatting with Batman? Of course he is gonna say that!

  13. #133
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,420

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    Batman and ROBIN. Actually I don't know if that would win someone over...

  14. #134

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    All I will say is, as someone who added him as a friend in Facebook after some thread last year, I will say he dosen't post every update about Coachella, he shared big updates and the L.A. Rising up date this year. I'm thinking something beyond dates.

    2012 Coachella & TBA
    2011 Wakarusa & Bonnaroo
    2010 Coachella
    2009 Bonnaroo
    2008 Wakarusa

  15. #135

    Wink Re: 2012 Announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    I'd buy this early if there was a nice discount attached.
    You would buy this early if you want to go...


  16. #136
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    sooon.......

  17. #137
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the borderlands
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    maybe the every year, every day players get a lifetime pass? maybe the coachella 2012 dates will be december 19, 20 and 21 so we go out the way the mayan gods foretold it? maybe spicy pie is giving $1 a slice coupons? maybe cafe tacuba will have brunch at my house? maybe cerati returns? SODA STEREO, FUERZA CERATI.

  18. #138
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,645

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    Maybe Paul was asked to announce EDC's line-up... Better yet, because he found out Daft Punk was a possibility at EDC, he got pissy and nabbed their whole line-up for the Sahara Tent next year. No way he was gonna let some little Rave from Vegas take those robots away from his festival's spotlight.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  19. #139
    old school Fourthisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,192

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by xulitron View Post
    maybe the coachella 2012 dates will be december 19, 20 and 21 so we go out the way the mayan gods foretold it?
    Ha! Couldn't think of a better way to check out.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b


  20. #140
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: Coachella 2012 Announcement Tuesday May 31st @ 10am

    Coachella is now going to be a fundraiser for the mentally handicapped. In order to attend you must volunteer 40,000 hours of community service in the next 10 months.

    Your service must be freely given, and unrewarding!

  21. #141
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by g00dgh0st View Post
    You would buy this early if you want to go...

    No. They get money, I get tickets. Fuck that. They'll get it early if I get a discount.

  22. #142
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    no way theres a discount.... maybe a more cost friendly layaway plan.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  23. #143
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    People, obvs this is about Spicy Pie franchising opportunities.

    And the festival "growing" to four days. I'd guess a limited Thur night lineup next year.

  24. #144

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    Even though I think we're being paranoid, my friends and I have started moving money into position and rounding up our group. One girl got so ahead of herself that she announced on Facebook that tickets were on sale Tuesday and everybody started freaking out. Although I'm more inclined to believe this is an announcement in the truest sense of the word (either a change in time of year, an added day, change in location or just an announcement of a change in ticketing procedures), if I can get tickets this early you better believe I'm doing it.

  25. #145
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    They make enough money during the event, I'm not gonna give them mine almost a year in advance.

  26. #146
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    They make enough money during the event, I'm not gonna give them mine almost a year in advance.
    then you wont get tix....

    theres no way they're going to decrease their revenue. Tix will sell no matter what, whether they go on sale next week, next month, or in december again.

    Why not just get it over with, one less thing to worry about around the holidays.

    (wow i manged to use all forms of 'there' in the same sentence, well done)
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  27. #147
    Member dyltr0n3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    432

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by xulitron View Post
    maybe the every year, every day players get a lifetime pass? maybe the coachella 2012 dates will be december 19, 20 and 21 so we go out the way the mayan gods foretold it? maybe spicy pie is giving $1 a slice coupons? maybe cafe tacuba will have brunch at my house? maybe cerati returns? SODA STEREO, FUERZA CERATI.
    what?
    ...

  28. #148
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    15,984

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    I would flip if they announced the addition of a forth day but this more than likely pertains to next year's dates and/or new layaway plan.

  29. #149
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    then you wont get tix....

    theres no way they're going to decrease their revenue. Tix will sell no matter what, whether they go on sale next week, next month, or in december again.

    Why not just get it over with, one less thing to worry about around the holidays.

    (wow i manged to use all forms of 'there' in the same sentence, well done)
    Coachella isn't a must have for me. I love going when I can and I miss it when I can't. But none of those feelings are strong enough for me to base an entire year around it.

  30. #150
    old school Fourthisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,192

    Default Re: 2012 Announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    But none of those feelings are strong enough for me to base an entire year around it.
    I hear what you're saying, but am quite the opposite... the calendar they gave out showing the "year" going from April to April pretty much hits home completely for me.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b


Similar Threads

  1. MOVEMENT 2010 - DETROIT - May 29th, 30th & 31st
    By rileyprime in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 233
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 04:49 PM
  2. Ride from LAX avail - Thursday 10am
    By K-town in forum Carpools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 07:28 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 07:11 PM
  4. URGENT COACHELLA ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!
    By HungryGal909 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •