Thread: Lush reunion?

Question Lush reunion?

This was mentioned in the ATP NJ thread, but I thought it was as good a reason as any to finally start a Lush thread. I thought this reunion would never happen due to drummer Chris Acland's suicide, but I stumbled upon this:

So have they thought of reforming? Giving it another go? Berenyi says: "Funnily enough, some guy at All Tomorrow’s Parties offered for us to do gigs playing Spooky. We got quite excited, but then he came back to us and said he had listened to the album and realised he never really liked Lush so he’d changed his mind about the gigs. Call me petulant, but that kind of flaky cuntishness puts me off wanting to return to the music business."
    The fact that they were excited about the offer makes me think that there might be some cause for hope, after all. Or maybe the WTFness in question extinguished that.

http://thequietus.com/articles/04017...th-anniversary

Edit: wait for it.
    Last edited by Boourns; 06-11-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Default Re: Lush reunion?

I read that article and it really pissed me off that someone would extend an invite to them and then turn around and say " Oh, I'm not really that into your music after all. Never mind ".

I think a whole show featuring songs from Gala would be better than Spooky.
    Gala is more shoegazey and sonic.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

I want a set with a little bit of everything.

I've always been partial to Lovelife, oddly enough.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I'd be surprised if Emma is interested. She seems very happy to be out of the music business in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    I read that article and it really pissed me off that someone would extend an invite to them and then turn around and say " Oh, I'm not really that into your music after all. Never mind ".
    Yes. Way to leave a sour tast with the band and potentially turn them off from future endeavors. Sheesh.

I think a whole show featuring songs from Gala would be better than Spooky.
    Gala is more shoegazey and sonic.
    Couldn't agree more. I'd travel far to see that.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Let's have this in 2012

I want Lush!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Their greatest hits is one of the best comps ever. Apart from an excellent song selection, its strategy of reverse chronological order works really, really well for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie

I'd definitely be on board with a Lush reunion.

My favorite band of all time I still have posters on the wall from Gala and Lovelife. My t-shirts are still in tact and I got to see first hand Miki's infamous head wound opening dive at Lollapalooza 92' during Ministry's set in Dallas. Bring on Lush. If they played the Outdoor Stage right as the sun sets and open with "Stray" from Spooky that would be amazing. It would also coincide with that maybe Pulp will play this year and Miki and Jarvis could do Ciao. Ideal set for 50 minutes id love to hear the following:

Stray
    De-Luxe
    Hypocrite
    Untogether
    Kiss Chase
    The Child Catcher
    Tinkerbell
    For Love
    Lady Killers
    When I Die
    Leaves Me Cold
    Superblast
    Ciao with Jarvis Cocker
    Sweetness and Light

While we are on shoegazers can anyone say Ride reunion?

Fuck yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

I support this.
    Years Attended:

I love the idea of a Lush reunion, but this thread is just building my hopes up for something that won't happen.

Make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DropletsOfYes&No View Post
    My favorite band of all time I still have posters on the wall from Gala and Lovelife. My t-shirts are still in tact and I got to see first hand Miki's infamous head wound opening dive at Lollapalooza 92' during Ministry's set in Dallas. Bring on Lush. If they played the Outdoor Stage right as the sun sets and open with "Stray" from Spooky that would be amazing. It would also coincide with that maybe Pulp will play this year and Miki and Jarvis could do Ciao. Ideal set for 50 minutes id love to hear the following:

Stray
    De-Luxe
    Hypocrite
    Untogether
    Kiss Chase
    The Child Catcher
    Tinkerbell
    For Love
    Lady Killers
    When I Die
    Leaves Me Cold
    Superblast
    Ciao with Jarvis Cocker
    Sweetness and Light

While we are on shoegazers can anyone say Ride reunion?
    I saw that tour except in Denver. I love how bands that play fests sometimes play smaller clubs before and after a fest. They played in a small club either before or after lalla. I will have to look at my stubs.... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

I never got to see Lush -- they never came here except maybe Lollapalooza, and I didn't go to Lollapalooza that year. I would definitely like to see them live.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I got to see them for Spooky, Split, and Lovelife and they were amazing each time and I saw Sing Sing with Emma but even though I already bought tickets this alone would make me go.

Money talks, but apparently is on a vow of silence.

VP: You must get tired of answering this but Emma & Miki, you’ve mentioned previously that a Lush reunion was mooted but due to the “c**ntish flakiness” of some parties things didn’t really take off . Although you all have jobs and Emma’s a new mum now, do you think you’d ever consider it again if somebody genuinely made an offer.

EMMA: Erm – that was Miki’s quote and not the whole reason we didn’t reform (she was referring to one promoter). The money and offers just weren’t there that year and we couldn’t take the risk of the outlay without making that back and then some. At the time we were thinking about it I had a very stressful full-time job and would have had to do all the rehearsing and playing in my 4-week holiday allowance which I think would have left me as a nervous wreck! If the money was right then, yes, we would do it but I think promoters would have to come to us so we would be in the driving seat. Who knows what may happen in the future but, yes, for the time being a reformation looks unlikely.

MIKI: Yes, I’m afraid that the honest answer is not unless we were offered an awful lot of money. I have enough trouble finding the time to answer these questions let alone relearn the entire Lush back catalogue, rehearse with a new drummer and actually schedule time to play the gigs. So if we did it, I would have to stop work, and if I stop work, then how do I pay the bills?

To be fair to the c*nty flake, he wasn’t the only one who pissed us about (although he was the only one who deserves to have a resilient object booted up his backside). One agent after another (well, three) promised the world and then had to admit rather shamefacedly that it wasn’t really happening. They scratched their heads, they didn’t understand, but the promoters just weren’t that keen.
    http://vonpipmusicalexpress.wordpres...lush-mad-love/

Paul T, please step in.

oh hell yes and since pulp are gonna be there we can have a nice jarvis colab too

this and elastica (that reunion will never happen)

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

you didn't actually read the thread, did you?

i'd love a lush reunion and an elastica reunion.

but even more i'd move a ned's atomic dustbin reunion.
    it's not the band i hate, it's their fans.

seen Lush and Elastica already, so would prefer a Sing-Sing show (Emma's band. Did they tour the states? doubt it)
    100% Caffeinated

Quote Originally Posted by myfirstcoachella View Post
    oh hell yes and since pulp are gonna be there we can have a nice jarvis colab too
    A proper duet of Ciao? I like the way you think. Hopefully this is one of the big surprises, especially since they almost reunited 3 years ago.

bumped because people were talking about this in another thread.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I still don't understand why this is a thread.

Because every other band has a thread. Or twenty.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I still don't understand why this is a thread.
    With the incredibly high volume of mindless dribble on this board and this is what you pick on.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.