Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 109110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 3548

Thread: random pics from your real life (NOT internet gifs)

Default Re: random pics from your real life (NOT internet gifs)

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    the busiest Chilis in the nation, guys
    Is this in Bakersfield?

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I believe you. I just like how intense you got over Chili's

Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Is this in Bakersfield?
    No, but that guy's response is hillarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic core View Post
    When you walk into a resturant and sit down you aren't not the only person the waiter is waiting on, your waiter has to make priorities, and the high school girls that come in and leave shitty tips don't get to be a priority.
    Did you steal their change, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

When you walk into a resturant and sit down you aren't not the only person the waiter is waiting on, your waiter has to make priorities, and the high school girls that come in and leave shitty tips don't get to be a priority.
    You actually prioritize your tables? I'm sorry, but when I sit down at a restaurant, I would expect the server to treat me like any other table that he/she has. How do you know they won't tip? I tip based on service, and if you make me wait around for my $0.12 change that will never come, then your tip gets diminished. I've left loose change in the water cup for awful service, but I've left 50%+ tips for amazing service. Actually, I remember this one time (at a Chili's), we had such awesome service that we left close to 100% tip.

You want a tip? Then DO YOUR JOB, and do your job well. You shouldn't assume that the group will not tip because of their age group. For all we know, they probably didn't tip you because you didn't bring back the change.

Get a different job if you can't be bothered to perform it correctly. People deserve their exact change. This makes me glad I always use my debit card.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I am the waiter. She was short changed 12 cents, generally this isn't a big deal because people do tip and waiting on small change is pointless. She didn't ask for her 12 cents. She decided being a stupid bitch was the easier route.
    It's not your place to decide whether or not I get my change back. Fucking thief. I would have called you on it and not left shit for a tip. Lucky for you, my wife would most likely be with me and leave you a couple bucks.
    Last edited by marooko; 06-04-2012 at 09:28 AM.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I wouldn't have put forth the effort to scribble the note. I would hope the server learned from their mistake with the .12 cent tip though. If the server never returns i'm not pulling more money out as some sort of gratitude.

In a related note. Learn to fuckin type. heh.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1515916.html

[QUOTE=Robin;2508403]You actually prioritize your tables? I'm sorry, but when I sit down at a restaurant, I would expect the server to treat me like any other table that he/she has. QUOTE]

I don't think you understand what I mean by prioritize the tables. Time is finite. If there is hot food that needs to go out and drinks that need to be filled these get priority over me hunting down management or bothering other busy servers to find you 12 cents. We also don't have have bussers so we have to keep our hands full pretty much all the time to keep these place moving. Things need also need to be stocked constanktly in a busy resturant. The 5-10 mins it is going to take to get your 12 cents is based on the fact that there is more for me to do than walk directly to the back and get 12 cents. We don't have cash registers filled with money, and our pockets do run dry of change. Thats why I generally just keep quaters on me and usually over change people when I have it. If I don't have it, then you are waiting for busy bartenders, or for me to hunt down a manager. That takes time.

Also I love how every thread about waiting always turns into the same bullshit. Everybody always assumes the customer was right because they find it easier to picture themselves being the customer. You guys haven't been in my shoes, despite what ever resturant you have ever been into or worked at. If there are better servers to take my place in this resturant, they have yet to show up, and the money is there to be made..
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Posted this on Tumblr earlier, but the picture is still making me LOL that I thought I'd share it and the sad story it tells...

I was walking by the vending machine at work to grab coffee when I noticed a rouge apple juice sitting on top of these bottles instead of in its neat little row. It wasn’t dangling, but it wasn’t particularly stuck either. “If I bought an iced tea,” I thought, “I could get that apple juice, too!”

Two drinks for the price of one? I was in.

So, I ran back to my desk to grab $1.50 out of my wallet, went back to the machine and began working out a strategy; which drink would increase my chances of snagging a free apple juice? I settled on the middle iced tea — as much as I dislike rasperry tea and really just wanted the peach tea — as it seemed to have the highest probability of knocking out the apple juice.

I put in my cash and took the plunge. The ice tea came out of its row and (as you see in the above picture) the apple juice began to fall. Success! I did it! There’s no way I won’t get this free apple juice!

…until the mechanical arm of the vending machine came up too quickly before the juice could fall, tucking it back into the rows of bottles deeper than it had been before.

Now I’m stuck with shitty raspberry tea. I hate everything.

If it takes you 5-10 minutes to collect 12 cents, maybe you're just not suitable to be an employee of Chili's

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Posted this on Tumblr earlier, but the picture is still making me LOL that I thought I'd share it and the sad story it tells...

I was walking by the vending machine at work to grab coffee when I noticed a rouge apple juice sitting on top of these bottles instead of in its neat little row. It wasn’t dangling, but it wasn’t particularly stuck either. “If I bought an iced tea,” I thought, “I could get that apple juice, too!”

Two drinks for the price of one? I was in.

So, I ran back to my desk to grab $1.50 out of my wallet, went back to the machine and began working out a strategy; which drink would increase my chances of snagging a free apple juice? I settled on the middle iced tea — as much as I dislike rasperry tea and really just wanted the peach tea — as it seemed to have the highest probability of knocking out the apple juice.

I put in my cash and took the plunge. The ice tea came out of its row and (as you see in the above picture) the apple juice began to fall. Success! I did it! There’s no way I won’t get this free apple juice!

…until the mechanical arm of the vending machine came up too quickly before the juice could fall, tucking it back into the rows of bottles deeper than it had been before.

Now I’m stuck with shitty raspberry tea. I hate everything.
    Maybe the apple juice just didn't want to give you the time of day..

[QUOTE=lunatic core;2508699]
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    You actually prioritize your tables? I'm sorry, but when I sit down at a restaurant, I would expect the server to treat me like any other table that he/she has. QUOTE]

I don't think you understand what I mean by prioritize the tables. Time is finite. If there is hot food that needs to go out and drinks that need to be filled these get priority over me hunting down management or bothering other busy servers to find you 12 cents. We also don't have have bussers so we have to keep our hands full pretty much all the time to keep these place moving. Things need also need to be stocked constanktly in a busy resturant. The 5-10 mins it is going to take to get your 12 cents is based on the fact that there is more for me to do than walk directly to the back and get 12 cents. We don't have cash registers filled with money, and our pockets do run dry of change. Thats why I generally just keep quaters on me and usually over change people when I have it. If I don't have it, then you are waiting for busy bartenders, or for me to hunt down a manager. That takes time.

Also I love how every thread about waiting always turns into the same bullshit. Everybody always assumes the customer was right because they find it easier to picture themselves being the customer. You guys haven't been in my shoes, despite what ever resturant you have ever been into or worked at. If there are better servers to take my place in this resturant, they have yet to show up, and the money is there to be made..
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. You're not the only one here that serves or works for tips, man. You're just making excuses and justifying your douchey, entitled behavior. If it takes you 5-10 minutes to pull a dime and two pennies out of your apron, you should consult a neurologist because you probably have a tumor or some sort of brain damage. Regardless, it was not your money to keep. Plain and simple. You knowingly and willfully kept money that was not your's. That's called "stealing." Make all the excuses you want, it doesn't change the fact that stole some teenager's 12 cents. Stealing.

If you don't have the change on you, then go back to your customer and say something like, "I'm sorry, our register is low on change. I could get it for you, but it may take another 10 minutes." Let the customer decide if they want it or not, since it's THEIR MONEY AND NOT YOURS.

I used to work in a 24-hour diner, so I know very well what you go through, especially when we got an unexpected rush and have to keep up with 8-12 tables at a time. But, if I recall correctly, during an interview I had for a server's position at Chili's, the manager told me that a server would not get more than 5 tables at one time.

You're really not getting any sympathy from us. I hope in the end, you will take in what we all said and at least ask the customer if he/she wants change, instead of assuming.

Apparently this dude forgot that he was my recipient in one of the mix exchanges a couple years ago. I have his full name and address. I'm sure corporate would love to hear this story and know that one of their servers is bagging its patrons & posting pictures on a public forum . . .

Naturally, I'm not going to fuck with his job or income. But dude needs to wise up and remove the chip from his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Apparently this dude forgot that he was my recipient in one of the mix exchanges a couple years ago. I have his full name and address. I'm sure corporate would love to hear this story and know that one of their servers is bagging its patrons & posting pictures on a public forum . . .

Naturally, I'm not going to fuck with his job or income. But dude needs to wise up and remove the chip from his shoulder.
    WWRD?

R=Randy

That's kind of over the line.

Hahaha. This guy hasn't done anything to warrant the kind of wonderful shit Randy is capable of. He should just be a little smarter about how he conducts himself.

Shut the fuck up Amy, no one cares.

Well, take comfort in the one time I did try to participate in the mix exchange I was having tech problems and wasn't able to get my disc made in time. LC was supposed to my recipient, so now I feel like I can wash that harbored guilt clean away.

How silly to even attempt to make an assumption that none of us have done food service. I got many years under my belt and there are a million ways to handle the 12 penny situation differently. Sorry, Lunatic . . . you're mean.
    Last edited by algunz; 06-04-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Greg is mean too. Meanie.

Yeah, there's a lot of meanies on here.

Dude. We've all probably worked food service some time in our life. It sucks a shit ton, but you got to keep your slate clean even if you know someone is going to shaft you. Just remember their faces, and if you're any good at life, it shouldn't be a problem. Kindess wins over bitterness every time.

This board isn't a 12 step support group, don't expect sympathy from the depths of the internet. It is a cold, cold place. Now you make a choice and stop working at a place that makes you unhappy.

Never said the place makes me unhappy. In fact I already mentioned the place is a great busy location and pretty much everybody that works here makes money regardless of the kids we deal with during the summer than hardly ever drop a penny. I also have pretty close to perfect hours. Most of the competitors around us aren't doing as well. Every waiter in my resturant is generally lucky. I just find it amusing that people can be such brats over 12 cents and I like how people never see the bigger picture. I am sorry 12 cents is just so important to everybody, more important than everybody else, and everything else. The world revolves around you getting your 12 cents back.
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

It's one thing if you forgot because it's only twelve cents but purposefully shortchanging a customer is ridiculous. Even if you assumed that this teenager was going to stiff give her back the change to show that you didn't deserve that crap instead of justifying her actions or on the off chance that she had more money for you. Food is getting cold and they are other customers but dropping off twelve cents either on your way to or from a nearby table wouldn't have killed you or disappointed another customer. That said, that teenager was still a fucking brat and should have asked for her change before she stiffed you and wrote that note, I fucking hate serving teenagers. I don't think you deserved that but your justification is just asinine.
    Last edited by frizzlefry; 06-04-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Good book - you should read it

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    It's one thing if you forgot because it's only twelve cents but purposefully shortchanging a customer is ridiculous. Even if you assumed that this teenager was going to stiff give her back the change to show that you didn't deserve that crap instead of justifying her actions or on the off chance that she had more money for you. Food is getting cold and they are other customers but dropping off twelve cents either on your way to or from a nearby table wouldn't have killed you or disappointed another customer. That said, that teenager was still a fucking brat and should have asked for her change before she stiffed you and wrote that note, I fucking hate serving teenagers
    I didn't forget. I gave her change for a $20, and ran her friends credit card, and then instead of hunting down 12 cents I didn't have I dropped there stuff off, and went back to waiting on the other customers I still had. I wasn't trying to make 12 cents off her, It's just not an important amount of change to slow down service for.
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

There has to be a bigger picture. You're right, Lunatic. Somebody making the effort to write such a note and still stiff you on the tip implies to me that you clearly gave out bad energy and were either rude or a crappy server.