Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Woman Raped at Stagecoach by SECURITY

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default Re: Woman Raped at Stagecoach by SECURITY

Any new word on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Any new word on this?
    Yeah your next

*You're.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    *You're.
    No im not...you are

We will know more in a couple of days...

Man to stand trial on charge of rape at Stagecoach music festival
    8:30 AM, Jul. 1, 2011

A Los Angeles man was ordered Thursday to stand trial on charges of raping a woman while working as a parking attendant at the Stagecoach country music festival.

Darin Ledale Garrett, 45, is charged with rape by force, oral copulation by force, penetration by a foreign object and sexual battery.

The final charge was added by Superior Court Judge Edward Forstenzer at the conclusion of a preliminary hearing.

During the hearing, the 22-year-old alleged victim testified that she had gotten separated from her friends at the festival on April 30 and was looking for their car.

She said a parking lot attendant helped her find the vehicle, and she thanked him, but then he exposed himself and asked for sexual favors.

“I was grateful to him for helping me find the car, but I told him I didn't have any interest in what he was proposing,” the Los Angeles woman testified.

The woman testified he then pushed her to the ground and began raping her.

The alleged attack occurred about 9:50 p.m. on opening night of the annual country music festival at Indio's Empire Polo Grounds, according to Indio Police Department spokesman Ben Guitron.

The defendant, who is being held in lieu of $100,000 bail, was arrested May 1 in his motel room at Indio's Palm Tree Inn, Guitron said. He is due back in court July 14.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Everyone knows you need to make your rape victimss disappear after you get your buck on.

This is just terrible and disgusting. I hope the scum rots in jail.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Pretty fucked up. Background checks aside, the guy saw a lost drunk girl and figured he would get away with it. Moral of this story, don't let your female friends wander alone at these types of events, especially in the parking lot away from the real security/cops.

That is not the "moral of the story" you fucking imbecile. The "moral of the story" of when rape occurs is never "Oh, I guess we should foster a world in which we men shouldn't let women walk around by themselves." It's "Fuck, lets work harder as men to create a world in which men don't rape women."

Fuck you.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Update...

Trial-readiness conference set for accused Stagecoach rapist

1:26 AM, Jul. 15, 2011 | Comments

An Aug. 30 trial-readiness conference was scheduled Thursday for a man accused of raping a woman at the Stagecoach country music festival while working as a parking lot attendant.

Los Angeles resident Darin Ledale Garrett, 45, was ordered on June 30 to stand trial on charges of rape by force, oral copulation by force, penetration by a foreign object and sexual battery.

Last month, the 22-year-old alleged victim testified that she had become separated from her companions at the festival, and the suspect helped her find her friends' car.

She said that after she thanked him, he exposed himself and asked for sexual favors.

I was grateful to him for helping me find the car, but I told him I didn't have any interest in what he was proposing, the Los Angeles woman testified.

The woman testified that he then pushed her to the ground, pulled down her shirt and shorts and began raping her.

The April 30 attack occurred around 9:50 p.m. on the opening night of the annual country music festival at Indio's Empire Polo Grounds, according to Indio police.

Garrett, who is being held in lieu of $100,000 bail, was arrested May 1 in his motel room at Indio's Palm Tree Inn.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

This is really fucking sad and I hope dude gets what he deserves.

I don't quite understand the purpose of bringing in all these other stores of alleged rape cases or it's context. We're talking about a particular case here and someone working at a public defenders office talking about all these cases they've seen... I don't get what that's adding to this conversation besides making it seem like there may not be validity to this case or something.

Guedita hit the nail on the head. There is not lesson for the young women to have learned or for us to learn besides getting to a point where men stop raping women.

another statement just released by Darin Ledale Garrett through his court appointed lawyer: "Dat bitch wanted some dick and foreign objects and shit"
    100% Caffeinated

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Any word on if he had any priors?
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Man sentenced to 12 years for raping woman at Stagecoach Music Festival

12:09 PM, Feb. 24, 2012
    Written by JOY JUEDES

A Los Angeles man was sentenced today to 12 years in prison for raping a woman at the Stagecoach Country Music Festival in Indio, where he was working as a parking lot attendant.

Darin Ledale Garrett, 46, was convicted Dec. 16 of rape by force, sexual battery and other charges stemming from the April 30, 2011, attack.

Riverside County Superior Court Judge David B. Downing also sentenced Garrett to three months in jail for a felony battery charge.

The victim did not attend or speak at the sentencing. Garrett spoke briefly, as did several of his family members.

"I just wanted to say to (the victim's) family that I'm very sorry," Garrett said. "I worked with the public all the time ... and this thing would never happen again."

The woman testified in the trial that a parking lot attendant at Stagecoach helped her find a friend's car, then forced himself on her, held her to the ground and raped her last spring.

"I was still hoping to make him go away and I didn't know what I was going to do," she said. "He pushed me down on my back on the ground; I'm pushing and telling him to stop and he just keeps telling me it's fine."

She said she began to cry, begged him to stop and called for help.

"I could hear the music from the concert and just hoped someone would be coming soon," said the Los Angeles woman, who is in her early 20s.

She said she heard someone coming, and her attacker got up and walked away.

"I remember a woman rush up and ask if I was hurt. I was sobbing," she said. "(I told) her that he raped me, that was all I could say."

The rape occurred around 9:50 p.m. on the opening night of Stagecoach, which is held annually at Indio's Empire Polo Grounds.

The woman testified that she became separated from her companions at the music festival and Garrett helped her find a friend's car. She said she had had seven or eight drinks and was "feeling the buzz" that night.

She said that after she thanked Garrett, he exposed himself and would not leave when she told him she wasn't interested. She testified that he pulled her shirt down, groped her, had her fellate him, pulled down her shorts and raped her.

Deputy District Attorney Brijida Rodarte told jurors in her opening statement that nurses later found bruises on the victim's body, and DNA matching Garrett's was collected during the rape exam. The woman later picked Garrett out of a photo lineup, the prosecutor said.

Garrett was arrested the day after the attack in his room at the Palm Tree Inn. He testified that he did not attack the woman but, rather, lent her his cellphone, helped her find a friend's car and then left.

He said the woman seemed intoxicated when she approached him in the parking lot at the festival and asked to use his cell phone. He let her use it to call a friend, then she embraced him, he testified.

"We hugged and kissed," he said.

He said she leaned back on the hood of someone's car, and he pulled her to her feet.

"I picked her up off that car and then we started walking toward the (friend's) vehicle," he said. "... I said, I'm going back to my (station) and we split up."

He said he went back to her when he heard her say she found the vehicle. Garrett testified that he told her to sit where her friends could see her.

In a videotaped interview shown in court, Garrett told Indio Police Detective Oscar Santos that he "stayed visible" that night and "didn't do nothing."

"She said you had sex with her," Santos said in the video, telling Garrett the woman had a physical examination.

"I didn't do none of that because I was working," Garrett responded.

Good.

I'd have put that clown in the hospital if I had seen or heard him doing that.
    Throw in a headbutt for my self defense bruise afterward.

That fuck would still have his draws down while the paramedics were recesitating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'd have put that clown in the hospital if I had seen or heard him doing that.

That fuck would still have his draws down while the paramedics were recesitating him.
    You're like the Mark Wahlberg of Stagecoach

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Remember when quicksand was going to shoot MJA and then plant a knife on his body? This reminds me of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

A hospital would have been a minor formality if I'd been around. I'm glad Coachella hasn't had that problem.
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets