Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Woman Raped at Stagecoach by SECURITY

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default Re: Woman Raped at Stagecoach by SECURITY

Wait, let's hear him out
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    that's my remote. i'll never be able to look at it the same way again.

I don't want to get blamed for being a woman-hater, but there are a whole lot of women who misidentify in rape cases. The numbers are a little shocking, but he's my non-stats based personal experience story, culled from my time at the St. Louis Public Defender's Office:

A single woman is raped in the early morning in her home by a complete and utter scumbag who pounded on her window until it broke and entered her house. Nobody (including the victim) woke up despite the noise, but after he violently attacked her and raped her, he then took her to the bathroom and forced her to wash away (what he thought was) all the evidence. He then stole her cell phone and car, and used the cell phone to call her boyfriend and tell him that he had raped his girlfriend, and that he'd better get over there. The rapist was in the girl's presence for the better part of an hour and spoke to her boyfriend.

The police apprehended a young man, a drifter from Kentucky, and videotaped his confession to the crime. He spoke in very specific detail about the events, including the events after the physical assault, although he seemed emotionally disconnected from the story. The victim positively identified the young man as her rapist.

A year and a half later, a random DNA check on prisoners in the local jail identified another man, arrested for sexual assault, as the rapist. The police videotaped his confession to the crime, where he cried openly about the pain he caused the girl. He lived in her neighborhood and had followed her to her home, then returned later to rape her. There was only one rapist. The young man from Kentucky was released and the second man charged and convicted for the rape.

So, in this particular case, the police clearly fed the Kentucky kid the entire story, promised him something (or simply browbeat him) in exchange for the confession, and also convinced the victim that this kid was the rapist, despite his appearance being completely different from the actual rapist. (Well, they were both white) Whether it was the physical or psychological trauma that caused the misidentification, this idiot from Kentucky sat in jail for 18 months for a crime he didn't commit.

This is a 100% true story. I've seen both confessions and studied the case closely. Rape is an absolutely terrible thing, but sometimes the more brutal the crime, the greater likelihood of a mistake in the proceedings.

I like the part in that story where you explain how/when/where the woman misidentified the rapist and that's what led to the drifter's arrest.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i'm waiting for NoNoAge to share his thoughts on this story.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

How come more men don't get raped by women security guards.

Big bertha gave it to me hard and I didn't want it

Terrible story, TomServo. In both its content and your complete inability to make it relevant to the discussion at hand.
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Yeah...that story was kinda dumb....seems like he was just bragging about his experience asba public pretender

Yeah what exactly did he do at the public defender anyway

Doin time......at the public pretender office

Eyewitnesses are the single biggest cause of wrongful convictions. Something like 70% of wrongful convictions are down to the eyewitness picking the wrong guy. The problem is most apparent in sex crimes because of the higher chance of DNA evidence emerging to clear somebody further down the line.
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 06-02-2011 at 11:09 AM.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I only have stories that are 98% true.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i just identified tomservo as my rapist. watch out fuckface.
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 06-02-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Tomservo's idea of how suspected rapists should be identified:
    40% - DNA evidence
    20% - multiple eyewitness accounts
    20% - caught in the act
    10% - identification by witness
    10% - B-sides & rarities
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

None of that stuff matters if you have money and the right lawyer.

Welcome to america...land of the fiends

Quote Originally Posted by hydr1 View Post
    None of that stuff matters if you have money and the right lawyer.

Welcome to america...land of the fiends

Paging Mr. Servo ... Mr. Tom Servo ...

Hearing set for man accused of raping music fest attendee

11:21 PM, Jun. 3, 2011

A preliminary hearing for a Los Angeles man accused of raping a 23-year-old female concertgoer at April's Stagecoach country music festival will take place later this month, officials said Friday.

Darin Ledale Garrett, 45, who worked as a parking lot attendant during the festival, is charged with felony rape, oral copulation by force and digital penetration, according to court records.

Indio Police Department spokesman Ben Guitron said Garrett attacked the victim about 9:50 p.m. April 30 on the opening night of the annual country music festival held at the Empire Polo Grounds.

Garrett's preliminary hearing was scheduled for June 30, when a judge will determine if there is enough evidence to order him to stand trial.

On the night of the alleged attack, Garrett offered assistance to the woman, who was looking for her car in an overflow parking lot, police said. When the two located the car, the defendant attacked her, according to Guitron.

“The parking attendant stayed with her and then asked her to walk toward the rear area of the car,” Guitron said. “At that time, the suspect sexually assaulted her and left when other people in the parking lot area noticed that she was in need of help.”

Garrett, who is being held in lieu of $100,000 bail, was arrested May 1 in his motel room at Indio's Palm Tree Inn, Guitron said.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Paging Mr. Servo ... Mr. Tom Servo ...
    Yes? Since you asked - I clerked at the Public Defender's office during law school. I second-chaired four felony trials, coordinated jury selection, interviewed clients (mostly in prison) and listened to countless hours of prison phone calls... the glamorous part of the job.

I worked directly on five rape/sexual assault cases and three murders - every sex crime had an element that made the arrest questionable (though most not as bad as the coerced confession above) and every accused party (except one) sat in jail awaiting their court date for longer than a year. The others went like this:

1. 17 year old accused of sexually assaulting his 13 year old cousin. No accusation of actual sex, and no physical evidence of sex... two kids who *shared a bedroom* were playing doctor. After nearly two years awaiting trial, a hung jury sent the kid back to jail to await another trial.

2. Adult woman gets drunk in a bar and hooks up with her ex-boyfriend in her car before losing her lunch and passing out. Accuses him of date rape with roofies, no chemical evidence of anything except a lot of alcohol. The accused was not in jail in this case.

3. Adult woman accuses two separate men of date rape, one in St. Louis, the other in St. Charles. Both men are arrested and await trial in jail. On the week of the St. Charles trial, the woman breaks down and admits she fabricated BOTH accusations. St. Charles guy released, St. Louis Circuit Attorney refuses to drop charges until the eve of trial while the accused remains in jail.

4. Adult woman accuses her ex-husband of raping her very young daughter. The child is too young or traumatized to verbalize the accusation, she simply points to a doll's private areas. The man is arrested and jailed. There is no physical evidence of sexual assault, and the accused was in the process of fighting for partial custody of the child. He vehemently denied the act (of course he would) and it was a simple "may or may not be guilty" situation.

Rape is an absolutely horrible crime. My mother was raped and it led to the downfall of my parents' marriage. My sisters' husband's best friend attempted to rape her in our house (I walked in on them) and later strangled his mother to death. What happened to the girl at Stagecoach was just terrible. None of these stories are meant to take away from that, just attempting to add a little texture to the conversation.

And to whoever said I'm bragging about working at the public pretender... please. The lawyers I worked with know the law and their judges better than anybody else in the County. I watched unprepared private attorneys get dressed down in court every day while the PD smoothly navigated the system. Outside of the hotshot $550/hour criminal defense guys, I'd take the PD any day. They're very busy with a whole lot of clients, but they're not pretenders. I'm not trying to impress anybody, just sharing some experience. It's a discussion forum... is it wrong to have a discussion?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    public pretender
    this is all i read.

i seriously don't get why THIS is the case where people are choosing to accuse the victim of lying. i'm not saying it isn't possible, but all the examples listed above are examples of people having SOME contact with each other before the act happened and without witnesses. fucking christ.
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    this is all i read.

i seriously don't get why THIS is the case where people are choosing to accuse the victim of lying. i'm not saying it isn't possible, but all the examples listed above are examples of people having SOME contact with each other before the act happened and without witnesses. fucking christ.
    I'm not accusing the victim of lying (her story is just awful for anyone who loves concert-hopping) but it is a very real part of sex crimes, unfortunately.

Good follow up.

You should take it easy.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post

1. 17 year old accused of sexually assaulting his 13 year old cousin. No accusation of actual sex, and no physical evidence of sex... two kids who *shared a bedroom* were playing doctor. After nearly two years awaiting trial, a hung jury sent the kid back to jail to await another trial.

2. Adult woman gets drunk in a bar and hooks up with her ex-boyfriend in her car before losing her lunch and passing out. Accuses him of date rape with roofies, no chemical evidence of anything except a lot of alcohol. The accused was not in jail in this case.

3. Adult woman accuses two separate men of date rape, one in St. Louis, the other in St. Charles. Both men are arrested and await trial in jail. On the week of the St. Charles trial, the woman breaks down and admits she fabricated BOTH accusations. St. Charles guy released, St. Louis Circuit Attorney refuses to drop charges until the eve of trial while the accused remains in jail.

4. Adult woman accuses her ex-husband of raping her very young daughter. The child is too young or traumatized to verbalize the accusation, she simply points to a doll's private areas. The man is arrested and jailed. There is no physical evidence of sexual assault, and the accused was in the process of fighting for partial custody of the child. He vehemently denied the act (of course he would) and it was a simple "may or may not be guilty" situation.

Yea as someone said Woodstock 99 with a bit of Altamont thrown in. Men can be pigs no doubt, esp cowboys. Cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

I heard the girl who got raped was Malcolm Jamal Awesome!

10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Darin Ledale Garrett released a statement through his court appointed lawyer: "she was into it and came a bunch of times"
    100% Caffeinated

I wanna be molested by Hotshot

They hire anyone to do security or parking jobs. They randomly select people. If u get called u get the job. No background checks or nothing. Its good if u want to just make some money. But don't trust people u don't know!

Don't trust people that can't take the time to type the extra two letters in the word "you" either.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a