Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Woman Raped at Stagecoach by SECURITY

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default Re: Woman Raped at Stagecoach by SECURITY

Where are you getting your guard card information? I too want a guard card
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

And in AZ, the class is only 8 hours. It's unbelievable to think that the security guard that is working in your office's parking lot at night is an ex-prisoner. But it's entirely possible that he/she is.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

http://www.caguardtrainingcenter.com/whats_new.html

Guard Card Requirements for Registration

Walk-Ins Available. Show up Monday-Saturdays at 9:00am or you may complete course online! CLICK get started here!

Guard card course consist of a 8-hour course that includes: (We provide On-Line Registration to get your guard card with in 7-10 days (*background pending*)

**Click here to get started and on-line training**

Roles and Responsiblilites of a Security Officer
    Observation and Report Writting
    Criminal Liabilities
    Civil Liabilites
    Hancuffing Techniques
    Searches
    Private Citizens Arrest
    Terrorism
    Ethic and Professionalism
    Security guards are employed by licensed private patrol operators to protect persons or property and prevent theft. To be eligible to apply for a California guard card registration, you must:

Be at least 18 years old
    Take the California Guard Card course
    Undergo a criminal history background check through the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

**Click here to get started and on-line training**

I Want a California Guard Card

STEP 1

You must have received the eight (8) hour California Guard Card training and passed the examination.

You Pay Only $75.00 Instruction Fee [ includes instruction, wrtitten exam, student handouts, state application, guard card course, fingeprint forms] the livescan (Fingerprints) and State fee you may pay at a later date, what ever is more convinient for you!

STEP 2

You must submit the security guard card application to the Bureau of Security and Investigative Serives.

Breakdown of fees paid:

Guard Card Application Fee $50.00
    State On-Line Fee (7-10 DAYS TO ISSUE LICENSE!) $1.00
    TOTAL
    $51.00

STEP 3

You must submit fingerprints electronically using Live Scan.

Breakdown of fees paid at Live Scan site:

Department of Justice Fingerprint Fee $32.00
    Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Fee $19.00
    Livescan Operator Fees $15.00
    TOTAL
    $66.00
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Well, at least CA has their shit together somewhat. Question is whether or not the rapist was an employee of the guard company or not.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 05-08-2011 at 03:01 PM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Do you need a California guard card to work as a temporary-hire guard in California?

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Question is whether or not the rapist was an employee of the guard company or not.
    Considering that he was a parking lot attendant and not a security guard, I'm guessing no.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Do you need a California guard card to work as a temporary-hire guard in California?
    Well, the ad BROKENDOLL posted said you needed a "guard card."

Are you ready to apologize?

Are you fundamentally unable to understand that this is about what could potentially happen in the future, and not what has already happened in the past?

Considering that he was a parking lot attendant and not a security guard, I'm guessing no, and then I'm guessing that whomever did employ him didn't do a background check, even though I don't know who employed him.
    Fixed

Are you fundamentally unable to understand that this is about what could potentially happen in the future, and not what has already happened in the past?
    NOBODY HAS DEMONSTRATED THAT THERE ARE NOT ALREADY ADEQUATE BACKGROUND CHECKS YOU HARPY

NOBODY HAS DEMONSTRATED THAT THERE ARE

Kids, please. Mama has a headache.

So you don't get how, without any evidence that there were not background checks (or that there were inadequate background checks), and without any evidence that this particular parking lot attendant had any sort of history that would have been detected by a background check, I find it peculiar that Baily et al. have used this one incident as evidence of the need for enhanced measures to check employees, with the apparent focus being on motherfucking background checks?

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Kids, please. Mama has a headache.
    I'm the one with the fucking headache.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    So you don't get how, without any evidence that there were not background checks (or that there were inadequate background checks), and without any evidence that this particular parking lot attendant had any sort of history that would have been detected by a background check, I find it peculiar that Baily et al. have used this one incident as evidence of the need for enhanced measures to check employees, with the apparent focus being on motherfucking background checks?
    Well, when you put it that way, I don't really have much to fight about. How disappointing.

Let's never fight again.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

This was a good read.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

I feel like somebody should uh, summarise or something.

Courtney and co. would like to think all reasonable measures are taken in order to screen out creepy weirdos from a position of authority, particularly important in a setting where a lot of people and their possessions are kind of vulnerable. A bit of googling suggests that the security guards do indeed have to satisfy a background check at least, but we're not so clear on the parking attendants and it's kind of unlikely.

Despite the OP's stupid title, it was actually a parking attendant involved in this incident, not security. Also, MJA put his tampon in wrong this morning or something.

"Summarise" looks so strange to my red white and blue eyes. Please don't use it on this red white and blue message board.

Um, in defense of MJA, Courtney's logic doesn't make a damn bit of sense. What happened to getting all the facts and identifying the problem before you come up with a solution?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

I don't think anybody's being massively unreasonable in saying "Gee, it would be nice if precautions were taken to prevent this happening again in future, and reassure people of same." Background checks are one way of doing that. Nobody's getting hysterically fixated on them as either a foolproof solution, or the only possible one, or something that nobody's ever thought of before.

I mean, I know you guys like keeping your hyperbolic contrarianism claws sharp, I just think there's better places to aim your energies. I still haven't forgiven you for letting that diaper guy go right under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I don't think anybody's being massively unreasonable in saying "Gee, it would be nice if precautions were taken to prevent this happening again in future, and reassure people of same." Background checks are one way of doing that.
    What's massively unreasonable, as MJA said several times, is that saying "gee, it would be nice, yadda yadda", is to assume precautions weren't taken in the first place. Maybe they weren't, but you have to identify the actual problem before you start shooting off about what should've/could've been done, or even what should be done in the future. None of us are in a position to know at this point. It's massively unreasonable to pretend we are.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

I've never known of a music festival where parking attendants were vetted, so I don't think that's a weird assumption. I've never been vetted, and I'm all kinds of creepy.

SO CREEPY.

"Hello Mr. Parry. I'm here to take all the things you touched, partially consumed, or sweated into. Why no, I don't get paid for this job."

Anyone can get a guard card, and yellow shirt security guards are paid single digit wages for a dangerous and somewhat difficult job. CSC and Staff Pro will hire whatever shady fuck will take that job. The people that work there are so low-level that it's not even worth reporting a guard for doing something. They were stealing people's weed and I wouldn't be surprised if they were behind some of the tent thefts too.

Security companies need to background check and pay a higher wage. They need to take incident reports more seriously. Events like Coachella should probably have their own third party staff to handle incidents between customers and security because the security companies will usually dismiss people or threaten arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I've never known of a music festival where parking attendants were vetted, so I don't think that's a weird assumption. I've never been vetted, and I'm all kinds of creepy.
    In a hawt kind of way.
    Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 05-08-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Dumbshits, the guys wasn't a fucking security guard.

But I heard he was! In the thread title, no less.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

some of us may be a little sensitive to this issue.

either way, i think that having more than one person in a lot is a better solution. having cops or security stationed in each lot with attendants would probably help prevent something like this as well.

though you can't always stop it. the fact that someone was willing to do this with thousands of potential witnesses walking by at any second obviously shows a lack of intelligence. who's to say a cop or security guard would stop them.

this is horrible though and i really feel for the girl. i'm glad people eventually walked by, but it is the worst feeling in the world to feel like someone is nearby who could help, but you can't get them to hear you.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Speaking of more extensive background searches, I couldn't find this guy in the sex offender database, so it may not have helped.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale