Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 949596979899100 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 2988

Thread: mnml --- tech

Default Re: mnml --- tech

This is pure heaven....

OSTGUT TON NACHT this Saturday!
    Our favourite night/day/night/... of the year. Here is the running order BERGHAIN, PANORAMA BAR and GARDEN too:
    Berghain
    23:59 - 03:30 Norman Nodge
    03:30 - 05:00 Atom™ & Tobias. LIVE
    05:00 - 08:00 Ben Klock
    08:00 - 09:15 Planetary Assault Systems LIVE
    09:15 - 12:30 Kobosil
    12:30 - 15:30 Marcel Fengler
    15:30 - 19:00 Len Faki
    19:00 - 23:00 Marcel Dettmann
    23:00 - 03:00 Boris
    03:00 - End Fiedel
    Panorama Bar
    23:59 - 04:00 Answer Code Request
    04:00 - 05:00 Soundstream LIVE
    05:00 - 09:00 nd_baumecker
    09:00 - 13:00 Ryan Elliott
    13:00 - 17:00 Function
    17:00 - 21:00 Nick Höppner
    21:00 - 01:00 Anthony Parasole
    01:00 - End Tama Sumo
    Garten
    12:00 - 15:00 Steffi
    15:00 - 17:30 Head High
    17:30 - 20:00 Virginia

10/27 Pallbearer/Tombs @ St. Vitus
    10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/30 Liturgy/Child Abuse @ DBA
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/1 Recondite @ Verboten
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

LA LA LA - recondite, raiz, john templeton sept 27 funktion one - http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?617702
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Marcel Dettmann - fabric 77 is in the group

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    Thank you. I'm excited to dig into this one.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Thank you. I'm excited to dig into this one.
    it's pretty good but not sure if it beats szare's mix cd for me, yet. will definitely be giving it some more listens.

also, seems like it's been awhile but a new blawan recording from aquasella festival

https://soundcloud.com/aquasella-fes...aquasella-2014

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    thanks! been really enjoying this fabric mix, definitely my favorite fabric since levon vincent's release
    waka waka

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Interesting chart beatport released the other day of the top selling genres of the last ten years. I think this is based on just their sales though so the data is probably skewed a little bit. Dubstep's quick rise and fall is pretty funny though.

November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Damn at least we'll get Tale of Us for Cityfox but can you bring Mind Against, Recondite and Bob Moses???

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?627140

We're bringing the spirit of the ENTER. experience native to the white isle of Ibiza to Southern California at our very own stage from Escape: All Hallows' Eve!

FEATURING

Richie Hawtin
    LOCO DICE
    ART DEPARTMENT
    Hot Since 82
    MK
    Tale Of Us
    Jon Gaiser
    The Martinez Brothers
    Matador
    Apollonia
    Damian Lazarus
    Recondite
    Dj Tennis
    and more!

EXPLORE. DISCOVER.

The world...
    https://www.facebook.com/events/385676124919590

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

Ben Klock - 2014 Tour Dates
    Nov 06 Trade, Florida
    Nov 07 Public Works, San Francisco
    Nov 08 TBA - California (South), Los Angeles
    Nov 09 Output, New York

Just announced
    9/27 at Output

OUTPUT
    THE CORNER LABEL NIGHT
    HOSTED BY Anthony Parasole (THE CORNER/ MDR/ OSTGUT TON)
    WITH SPECIAL GUESTS
    Marcel Dettmann (THE CORNER/ MDR/ OSTGUT TON)
    Silent Servant (THE CORNER/ JEALOUS GOD/ HOSPITAL PRODUCTIONS)
    Phil Moffa (live) (THE CORNER)

THE PANTHER ROOM
    PUNCH DRUNK LOVE
    FRANK & TONY (SCISSOR AND THREAD)

Sven Väth and DJ Tennis are confirmed for Time Warp NYC....please bring Ricardo Villalobos and Laurent Garnier!!!

Register for presale tickets: http://www.time-warp.de/usa

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

I've pretty much been all over everything Szare has been putting out right now.

https://soundcloud.com/fieldrecords/...szare-all-over

This place looks incredible!!!

One night wasn't good enough for us, so we had to make Time Warp US a TWO night event featuring TWO stages! Be sure to mark Friday, November 28th and Saturday, November 29th on your calendars.

It's also our 20th anniversary of the first time we threw Time Warp in an old warehouse in Mannheim, Germany. Now, we're touring our event around the world. In the spirit of bringing old friends together in underground places, we would like to announce that our venue for Time Warp US will be the Kingsbridge Armory in the Bronx. We feel that techno does not belong in commercial spaces: techno lives and breathes in underground warehouses.

In order to ensure the authentic Time Warp experience, we are importing from Mannheim our original production set "The Cave" for our main stage. It's not every year we turn 20! #TW20

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

mmm tickets are on sale now

Time Warp is coming to America! The German techno institution is the world’s leading indoor festival for electronic dance music.

Now celebrating its 20th year anniversary in 2014, Time Warp debuts in North America for its inaugural New York City edition this Thanksgiving weekend 2014.Discerning dance music fans are in store for a breathtaking experience, where music, dance and technology collide, for a celebration right out of the heart of the underground scene of electronic music.

The long-running festival has hosted all the techno heavyweights over the years including performances by Sven Väth, Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox, John DIgweed, Laurent Garnier, Luciano, Ricardo Villalobos, Loco Dice, Marco Carola, Chris Liebing, Dubfire, Jamie Jones, Dixon, and many more. The NYC edition will feature an equally impressive line-up with many of the world’s most respected and talented techno and house artists together under one roof.

Time Warp is already world renown for their high standards of production by artists and fans alike. They are committed to bringing the same elaborate stage designs, extravagant dance floor settings, and state-of-the-art video, lighting and laser technology to NYC, delivering each event at the cutting-edge intersection of technology and music.

For one weekend, come together with fellow underground music fans from all over the world for an unforgettable and historic weekend. Time Warp NYC - let’s make history together on the dancefloor.
    http://timewarp.wantickets.com/Event.../Time-Warp-US/

ps This went on sale this morning too
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?627140

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

If it's anything like that at Time Warp US, I'll be quite pumped...

the line-up for the seventh edition of Time Warp Netherlands!

http://www.time-warp.de/netherlands/...index_eng.html

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

New Bunker party!

Beyond Booking presents
    THE BUNKER

October 18, 2014

Output:
    Ambivalent (Delft, Valence, M_nus | Berlin)
    Mike Dehnert (Fachwerk, Delsin | Berlin)
    M. Geddes Gengras (Opal Tapes | LA) LIVE
    Bryan Kasenic (The Bunker New York)

Panther Room:
    Virginia (Ostgut Ton | Berlin)
    Wrecked (Ron Like Hell & Ryan Smith | Brooklyn)
    Tad Haes (Occupy The Disco)

Stilton House (Chillout Room):
    Leisure Muffin (The Bunker New York | Philadelphia)
    Borne (Anticipate | NJ)

$15-20 advance, $30 door

tickets:
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?638717
    http://ticketf.ly/1wGkjS0

AMBIVALENT (Delft, Valence, M_nus | Berlin)

Does Kevin McHugh, aka Ambivalent, really need any introduction to anyone in the New York City electronic music community? We would hope not, but it seems that many are unaware of his history here, and need a refresher course. He made his big splash in New York City in 1996, when he began to produce and curate Creative Time's Music in the Anchorage series at the age of 20. What where you doing when you were 20? Curating and producing huge events for one of New York's largest arts organizations? Us neither. On one very memorable night in 2001 (and there were a LOT of memorable nights at the Anchorage), when there was little to no techno happening in Brooklyn, he brought Zip and Thomas Brinkmann to play in the base of the Brooklyn Bridge, which is still one of our all time greatest Brooklyn memories. Kevin went on to produce the very successful Micro Mini events at Filter, bringing in artists like Akufen, Sammy Dee, Matthew Dear, Magda, and many more. After a brief stint in Berlin working with Richie Hawtin, he moved back to NYC, got a very "real" job, and occasionally surfaced to throw The Novay events at APT (with guests like Magda, Roman Flugel, and Luciano). For the most part though, he disappeared into his studio to work on his own productions. All of that hard work paid off in a big way in 2006, with huge releases under his Ambivalent alias on M_nus. His "R U OK" single on M_nus was at the top of the Beatport charts for a long time and Kevin was suddenly very in-demand on the international DJ scene. Soon after, he moved back to Berlin to work on music production and touring full time, and has been very successful at both for many years now.

In 2014, Kevin is starting a new chapter in his career. Throughout the past year, he sneakily ran the vinyl only Delft imprint, releasing anonymous acid/electro records under the La-4a alias. These records found their way into the bags of The Bunker residents without any of us having any idea that Kevin was behind them. Delft also released music by Bunker faves JPLS and Matrixxman. Soon Kevin will also launch another label for his more straight ahead techno tracks called Valence. We're extremely proud of our friend and excited to see where this all leads, but one thing is for sure, this new chapter is off to a great start!

Ambivalent Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/ambivalent

La-4a Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/la-4a

MIKE DEHNERT (Fachwerk, Delsin | Berlin)

Having established his Fachwerk label as a go-to imprint for heavyweight but funky techno, Berlin based Mike Dehnert has begun stretching his legs in recent times. A couple of full length albums have seen him explore everything from stripped techno to acid, deep and dirty house and beguiling sound design in production form, whilst his live sets explore similar territory in the club. Respected by all serious heads and peers alike, the rawness and realness of Dehnert's sound is what has rightfully propelled him to the top of the techno tree.

Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/mike-dehnert

M. GEDDES GENGRAS (Opal Tapes | LA) LIVE

M. Geddes Gengras has inhabited the Los Angeles experimental music scene for the last 7 years, bouncing through various bands, monikers, and a critically acclaimed collaboration with Sun Araw and The Congos. The producer perhaps shines most brightly, however, when left to his own bespoke devices. His solo work is largely based in modular synthesis, comfortably straddling a variety of forms while remaining rooted in a deep affinity for the limitations of analog electronics and a keen ear for timbral manipulation. He's also put out some amazing techno releases as Personable on Opal Tapes. His recent "Ishi" album has been in constant rotation at The Bunker Bunker.

Tonight, Gengras will do an early hardware set, "sort of hybrid textural/kraut/ambient zones" according to the man himself. You haven't heard music like this on Output's soundsystem before.

Bandcamp:
    https://mgeddesgengras1.bandcamp.com/

Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/green-machines

Recent live set on NTS:
    http://www.mixcloud.com/NTSRadio/m-g...eptember-2014/

BRYAN KASENIC (The Bunker New York)

Bryan Kasenic (pka Spinoza) is known in the electronic music world for throwing The Bunker, playing adventurous DJ sets, and starting Beyond, his own booking agency. The past few years have seen Bryan take his infamous Brooklyn-based party, The Bunker, to Panorama Bar in Berlin, Corsica Studios in London, Unsound Festival in Krakow, Communikey Festival in Boulder, Decibel Festival in Seattle, Smartbar in Chicago, GAFFTA in San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and of course Detroit. In January 2014, The Bunker celebrated it's 11th Anniversary and launched a record label.

set:
    https://soundcloud.com/rizumu-radio/...umu-12-13-2013

VIRGINIA (Ostgut Ton | Berlin)

The talented DJ, Singer, Songwriter and Producer, Virginia has been deeply involved in electronic music for over a decade. Growing up in Munich, the energetic and dedicated artist quickly found her feet in music. Her career kick-started in the late 90s thanks to a wave of early hit singles, and she soon began to tour as a DJ, discovering a real passion for life in front of the crowd.

A world-wind of live shows and international DJing ensued, with Virginia finding many a follower, thanks to residencies like the cult club Flokati, Tobi Neumann's famous house heaven, or her longstanding nights at Sven Väth´s Cocoon club in Frankfurt, which ran for over 3 years. Inspired by the warm and analog tracks of the 80s and 90s, her DJ sets combine this sound with modern records in an exciting fusion, layered with spontaneous live vocals adding a unique third dimension. With a careful mixture of peaks and also moments of reduction, she commands attention in her hybrid DJ / Live performances.

Her song-writing and production projects continued to grace the charts and hold her in great respect in the scene. Her full length album, 'Twisted Mind', was released in 2008 on Rough Trade, co-produced with Eye- Q Records' Steve B-Zet; a wonderfully musical cross-over album that found its way into Film and TV airplay. The album was a positive blend of electro-pop, a project which saw Virginia touring live on stage with a 5-piece band.

Viriginia co-wrote a wealth of productions and guest appearances, alongside the likes of Steve Bug, Butch, Abe Duque and most recently with Panorama Bar resident Steffi, on her album 'Yours & Mine'. Beginning with a vocal-led collaboration, 'Reasons', on Jus Ed's acclaimed label Underground Quality in Oct 2010, they have since gone on to produce some very exciting results. Steffi's album focuses two tracks around Virginia's vocals which she feels really reflect her true musical direction - the tracks 'Yours', a rousing hit in the making, and the touching 'You Own My Mind'.

Virginia's rich, colourful and vibrant voice has brought a golden touch to her widespread and highly respected release catalogue, and she continues to collaborate with some of electronic music's key players. Always developing her own production skills, she just released her first solo production "Loch & Hill" on Ostgut Ton, 8th of april 2013.

Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/virginia-dj

WRECKED (Ryan Smith & Ron Like Hell | Brooklyn)

While shopping for vinyl at a record store, Ryan Smith met Ron Like Hell, a veteran DJ of 19 years. Both excited to meet another like-minded gay individual into timeless musical sounds, past and present, they were inspired to work on a project together. They really came into their own when they launched the Wrecked monthly at National Underground, which was an immediate success. They've made it their mission to book solid underground talent to express the changing tides in the gay underground. Currently, Ron is working on music and remixes while Ryan is working on a label, Discaire Records, with 3 other gents while working as a booking agent. The duo is always cooking up some exciting new projects and surprises. For the past year, these guys have become a regular part of our lineups at The Bunker, shining bright as both openers and in more prime time slots. Tonight we celebrate Ron Like Hell's birthday!!

Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/wreckednyc

TAD HAES (Occupy The Disco)

Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/tadhaes

OXD:
    http://occupythedisco.com/

LEISURE MUFFIN (The Bunker New York | Philly):

Leisure Muffin’s modern take on kosmische music is not easy to pin down. Influences and reference points are extraordinarily wide-ranged, but include early Warp (Seefeel, Autechre, and Aphex), Drexciya, Skinny Puppy, Meat Beat Manifesto, Coil, and Perrey and Kingsley. He was also deeply influenced by the sound of The Bunker (and other) dancefloors. A former audio engineering educator, Hopkins has a mastery of both Ableton Live and modular synthesizers. After drooling over, and even borrowing some key pieces of gear from Sarah Lawrence College and Charles Cohen’s studio over the years, the recent advent of more affordable modular equipment meant that he finally has a dream setup of his own.

“The fact that modular synths have become affordable now has really helped,” he says. “I always wanted to be writing using that stuff and after waiting for a really long time, I finally have the kind of setup I always dreamed of.”

It makes sense that someone with Leisure Muffin’s broad tastes makes music that is hard to classify. When most people tell you that they love all forms of music, further examination of their claim usually leads to disappointment. This isn't the case for Leisure Muffin. If you join him for tea, you could end up listening to an accordion record as easily as you might hear electronic music. He spent most of his life working in some of the best and worst record stores in the USA, for the pure joy of being able to hear new sounds every day (before the internet put all music at everyone’s fingertips). If you talk to him you might hear about the pleasures of attending the symphony after eating a pot brownie or how you should listen to African Juju records from the 1930s. .

"I don't know what to call it--I really just make the kind of stuff that I want to hear,” he says. “And honestly, if I didn't love dancing and playing at dance parties so much, I'd probably just be locked in a room somewhere torturing synthesizers or playing boring whale sound guitar solos for hours. Actually, I suppose I do a fair amount of that anyway. Maybe that's why it's taken me almost 20 years to actually release something that anybody is interested in putting out."

In the mid-90's, he was playing shows in clubs in the Lower East Side (Den of Thieves, Unity Gain, Tonic) when he was too young to drink. He pulled off a lot of great sets over the following years and built a reputation as a live electronic performer during an era when that was far less common. Live recordings of both his solo sets and his duos with Charles Cohen made the rounds among good friends (including The Bunker New York bossman Bryan Kasenic), but finishing a studio record had, until now, eluded him.

With the encouragement of Kasenic and The Bunker New York family, Leisure Muffin finally managed to finish an EP in the studio, and we couldn’t be happier with the results.

Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/leisuremuffin

BORNE (Anticipate | New Jersey)

Borne (Scott Vizioli) plays a diverse montage of musical influences, from experimental ambient to minimal techno and all that lies between. A lover of many styles, and the absurdities of everyday life, he enjoys the chance to blend in the unexpected. Across the east coast Borne has spread his unique sound in nooks, crannies, forests and concrete boxes ranging from The Bunker to Imagenode's inflatable blinky bubbles and spaces in between.

Soundcloud
    https://soundcloud.com/borne

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

Can't believe how long I slept on this set...

1) https://soundcloud.com/mixmag-1/laur...e-lab-nov-2012

4 more days!!!

https://soundcloud.com/nokturnalist/...iza-2104-08-16

Downgrade from last year's lineup

Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival 2014 lineup
    11/7-11/8

A

A.Pop
    Aeroplane
    Alessandro Corini
    Aphrohead
    B

Billon
    Bit Funk
    Blacky II
    Booka Shade
    Bryan Kasenic
    C

Chris Malinchak
    D

Damian Lazarus
    Dan Wender
    Dave P
    Delroy Edwards
    Deru
    Different Sleep
    Dopplerefekt
    Dorian Concept
    Dre Skull
    E

Eats Everything
    F

F

Forma
    Fort Romeau
    Francesca Lombardo
    Fur Coat
    G

Galantis
    Gaslamp Killer
    H

Huxley
    J

Jackmaster
    J

Jamie Principle
    JDH
    Jozif
    Jubilee
    L

Lee Bannon
    L

Lindsay Lowend
    Little Boots
    M

M

Machinedrum
    Manik
    Martyn
    Mike Servito
    Move D
    O

Omar S
    P

Pangaea
    P

Pinch
    Prefuse 73
    R

Route 94
    S

Shift K3Y
    T

Taimur
    T

Todd Edwards
    Trent Cantrelle

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

Label of the month: THE BUNKER NEW YORK!!!

Great interview with Bryan: http://www.self-titledmag.com/2014/1...nker-new-york/

2 new Bunker shows

New interview: http://noisey.vice.com/blog/silent-servant-interview

1) 10/31/2014
    Beyond Booking presents
    The Bunker LTD: Halloween

with
    SILENT SERVANT (Jealous God, Hospital | LA)
    8 hour set

Trans Pecos
    all ages, 10p-6a

$20-30 advance:
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?640742

more info:
    http://thebunkerny.com/events/2014-1...ant-8-hour-set

As The Bunker continues to grow significantly, many of you have expressed a desire to turn back the clock to the good ol' days when the party was weekly at subTonic for 100 people or so. We miss those days as well, so in 2011 we launched a new series of events called The Bunker Limited. For The Bunker Limited, we bring a ridiculous sound system into a very small space, and limit attendance to 150. Last year we said goodbye to Public Assembly and the small loft space above it that housed The Bunker Limited. In 2014 we relaunch The Bunker Limited in a new art space we could not be more excited to be a part of, Trans Pecos. There will be no guestlist for The Bunker Limited, the only way we can pull this off in a space this small is if everyone pays. The sets at these events are not recorded, and absolutely no photography is allowed inside.

Joining us once again is Silent Servant, who has treated us to more great sets than we can count at The Bunker over the years. He rose to fame alongside Regis and Function with their Sandwell District imprint before they laid it to rest in 2011. His full length album on Dominick Fernow's Hospital Productions was easily on of 2012's best releases, and he is known worldwide for his uncompromising productions and DJ sets. Mendez has become a fan favorite at The Bunker and often digs a bit deeper into his crates for sets that will incorporate not only techno, but also industrial, EBM, synth punk, and other sounds. Tonight Silent Servant plays the entire 8 hours, which will be the longest set of his career. We can't wait for what is sure to be an amazing journey.

Silent Servant soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/silentservant

2) 11/6/2014
    Beyond Booking, BEMF, and Input present
    THE BUNKER (BEMF Pre-party)

Output:

Reagenz aka Move D & Spacetime Continuum
    (The Bunker New York, Workshop | Heidelberg/SF) LIVE
    Move D (Magic Mountain High, Reagenz | Heidelberg)
    Forma (The Bunker New York, Spectrum Spools) LIVE
    Bryan Kasenic (The Bunker New York)

Panther Room:

Pangaea (Hessle Audio, Hadal | London)
    Mike Servito (The Bunker New York)

$15-25 presale tickets:
    http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/695965

free with BEMF pass:
    http://brooklynemf.com/

21+, 10p-4am

more info:
    http://thebunkerny.com/events/2014-1...-pangaea-forma

The Bunker is honored to be throwing the opening pre-party for Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival at Output. Tonight we celebrate the release of two new records on The Bunker New York: Forma's "Cool Haptics" EP and Reagenz's "The Periodic Table" 3LP.

REAGENZ:

Few projects in electronic music have remained at the very cutting edge for as long as Reagenz, a collaboration between San Francisco-based Jonah Sharp and Heidelberg-based David Moufang. Their first self-titled album “Reagenz,” was released during a foundational moment for ambient and electronic music: 1994. At the time, Jonah’s main project was Spacetime Continuum; an early signee of seminal label Astralwerks. He was also running one of the first independent electronic music labels on the West Coast, Reflective Records, recording with the likes of Pete Namlook and Bill Laswell; while David was founding acclaimed duo Deep Space Network, starting to record solo records as Move D, entering into a fruitful collaboration with Pete Namlook, as well as running his own Source Records imprint.

Following several well-received live appearances in Japan, Reagenz was reformed in 2009 for a full-length album “Playtime” on the respected Berlin label Workshop. Since then, the project has been ongoing, touring to present live shows in both the US and Europe. There has also been a special collaborative extension of the project when Reagenz met Magic Mountain High (Moufang w/ Juju & Jordash) under the name The Mulholland Free Clinic at last year’s Unsound Festival in Krakow. Moufang, working as Move D, is now highly in demand as a DJ (last year he did one the coveted Fabric mix CDs), whilst Sharp is also busy with solo gigs and a collaborative project with DJ Spun called the Loose Control Band.

Now, twenty years after their first project, comes “The Periodic Table,” a stunning live album captured at The Bunker New York’s tenth anniversary party at Public Assembly, Brooklyn, in January 2013. This Triple LP / CD album also serves as the first full-length release from relatively new label The Bunker New York, which was launched in January 2014, so far releasing nine EPs from the likes of Atom™, Voices From The Lake, Marco Shuttle, and others. To introduce the album, Sharp notes, “I consider it a live album that captured the essence of the show. The two-and-a-half hour show was edited down to 70 minutes or so. The hard bit was selecting chunks to use.”

Recorded using a full stage of gear / all-hardware set up that included Roland TR 909, Roland TR 606, Roland JX-3P, Roland SH101, Anyware Instruments TinySizer, Nord Micro Modular, Doepfer Dark Time, Akai MPC 1000, Electro Harmonix Memory Man Delay and a Moog MidiMurf “The Periodic Table” incorporates elements of house, techno and ambient in an organic flow that few artists could replicate. Watching the two musicians on stage makes tangible the sense of decades of shared experience between them very apparent. Moufang clarifies “it is definitely about letting go and finding out where we can go as in terms of improvising (new) tracks.” Sharp concurs, “Communication comes down to hearing and feeling what's going on at the time and trying to make the right decisions on the spot. Spontaneity plays a big part! “

Of course, this special adapt-and-move approach is not something every musician could do successfully. Sharp confirms, “it's a challenge to play live dance music and make it work,“ whilst Moufang sees a parallel for their approach in game theory, noting “Live improvisation is always like a game of chess in a way—you follow and try to take the lead.”

Recorded with almost the same equipment they used to record their debut twenty years earlier, “The Periodic Table” is a testament to the power of live electronic music, its ability to transcend time and remain, when delivered with skill and art, one of the most powerful live music experiences possible. Far from being locked into any cul-de-sac of “dance” genre or DJ tools, “The Periodic Table” presents a living, breathing model. Free your mind and your feet will follow.

Preview and pre-order of 3LP on The Bunker NY:
    http://thebunkerny.com/releases/bk-0...periodic-table

MOVE D:

Move D is a legendary electronic musician from Germany. He's been in The Bunker fold since about 2008 when he played House N Home, but it's been a very long time since he's simply played a DJ set, as he's always appearing as part of Magic Mountain High or Reagenz. Tonight he will close out the party like only he can.

Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/move-d

FORMA:

FORMA’s combustible mixture of lush synth explorations and frenetic rhythm has captivated the margins of the international synth scene since their acclaimed 2011 debut on John Elliott’s Spectrum Spools label. Following 2012’s dark and penetrating OFF/ON, the trio set a direct course toward the shadowy perimeter of the dancefloor, with John Also Bennett replacing original member Sophie Lam. FORMA’s celebrated live performances -- extended improvisational journeys veering from the ecstatic to the foreboding -- draw techno, noise, and synth disciples into their realm.

Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/forma-1

Preview and pre-order 12" on The Bunker NY:
    http://thebunkerny.com/releases/bk-0...ool-haptics-ep

BRYAN KASENIC:

Bryan Kasenic (pka Spinoza) is known in the electronic music world for throwing The Bunker, playing adventurous DJ sets, and starting Beyond, his own booking agency. The past few years have seen Bryan take his infamous Brooklyn-based party, The Bunker, to Panorama Bar in Berlin, Corsica Studios in London, Unsound Festival in Krakow, Communikey Festival in Boulder, Decibel Festival in Seattle, Smartbar in Chicago, GAFFTA in San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and of course Detroit. In January 2014, The Bunker celebrated it's 11th Anniversary and launched a record label.

DJ set at Rizumu:
    https://soundcloud.com/rizumu-radio/...umu-12-13-2013

PANGAEA:

We met Pangaea on his very first trip to the USA back in 2009, when he came to play our (only) party at Studio B, alongside the Modern Love crew (also on their first trip to America). Most well known as 1/3 of the Hessle Audio collective, Pangaea also branched out with his own imprint, Hadal, in 2013, and released a Fabriclive mix CD earlier this year. He's a man of few words who prefers to speak through his amazing productions and DJ sets. We're excited to welcome this old friend back into The Bunker fold.

Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/pangaea

RA Feature:
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?2030

MIKE SERVITO:

Mike Servito is from a very special yet temporary and partially lost fertile crescent of techno / house / party DJing. It was a time when raves were still a fresh idea, almost felt like a revolution, and DJs like Claude Young, D Wynn, Derrick Carter and Mike Huckaby were informing an upcoming generation. If you look directly to that inspired generation you will find the lost threads of Detroit Techno, House and beyond, you will find a group of DJs with insanely deep mixing skills, the ability to rock almost any kind of party with an improvisational approach that is so skilled it makes everything seem so well thought out that even they don't know where their set will go. But, it will take you there! In the future, this special generation of deep midwest mixers will be remembered and revered as the wizards they are, long after the trendy players have lost their luster.

Detroit never forgot about Mike Servito, his upfront dirty deep and bitchy taste has had an impact on Detroit nightlife for over a decade. From debuting in 1995 at Dat's Poorboy parties, to being a resident at blackbx and Ghostly's Untitled (along with Derek Plaslaiko, Tadd Mullinix, Matthew Dear, and Ryan Elliott), contributing to the bizarrely popular, wild and free Dorkwave, and progressing that concept into Sass (the hippest queer party in Detroit at the time), to blowing minds at Interdimensional Transmissions' No Way Back parties, Servito has made his impression. Moving to Brooklyn, Detroit's loss has been their gain, as he has found a proper home with a new residency at the Bunker, and worldwide representation from Beyond Booking.

Soundcloud:
    http://soundcloud.com/mikeservito

RA Feature:
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?2032
    Last edited by Spooks; 10-01-2014 at 08:37 AM.

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

Spotted at dB festival:

Josef Gaard is a board member and opening for Abdulla Rashim is pretty huge. Great venue as well.

Now wondering where the SF date is?

not happening afaik. my mind is already wandering toward that final 28 hr icee hot party in jan ...

I saw that. Sad news but that party will be a treat for SF.

yeah. likely to be, on paper at least, the best lineup sf will ever see. certainly bittersweet though.

Final Icee Hot party? That sucks. I'll have to try to come down for that.

No SF Abdulla show as far as I know. I'll have to miss Seattle, but am trying to make the Vancouver one.

I'll be at that Seattle show. Not sure if anyone else from the board will be around, hit me up if so.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Daze - Lips EP. One of the stronger releases from Lobster Theremin.

Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 10-03-2014 at 03:49 AM.

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

not new releases but Abdulla Rashim - Unanimity & Vril - Torus are in the group. Also this berghain set from Vril is dope.

https://soundcloud.com/inverted-audio/ia-mix-146-vril

I’m pleased to present the score I produced for the the silent film "Brumes d'automne" (Dimitri Kirsanoff, 1928): Re-scored by Plastikman (2014)

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output

Huge!

10/28 Wilco @ Capitol
    10/29 Carl Cox @ Output
    10/31 Life & Death @ ?
    11/2 Speedy J @ Output