Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 919293949596979899100 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 2972

Thread: mnml --- tech

Default Re: mnml --- tech

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Reminded me of the James Turrell "Perceptual Cell" exhibit at LACMA, only twice as long and far more audibly aggressive (and also 300 degrees hotter)
    this is exactly how i explained it to friends--complete immersion, very akin to turrell. so much to explore perceptually with very few elements. everything really came together for that show.
    waka waka

http://m.soundcloud.com/electronic-b...x-2014/s-lz9ly

this is excellent

1. Corarado Izzo – “The Golden Age” (Sandbenders Maischein Remix) (Gadgets)
    2. Octave – “Hacked” (Giorgio Gigli Remix) / Lucy – “Catch Twenty Two” (Stroboscopic Artefacts)
    3. Voices from the Lake – “Respiro” Live Edit (Bunker New York)
    4. L’estasi Dell’oro – “Iscariotic Lips Acapella” (Macro) / John Hopkins – “Collider” (Karenn Remix) (Domino)
    5. Basic Implant – “Drumless Days” (Touch Tone) / Rude 66 – “The 1000 Year Storm” (Creme Organization)
    6. Black Egg – “Ohne Hšnde” (Aufnahme + Wiedergabe)
    7. ASSS – “Halt Sex Mi” (Haunted Air) / Atom ™ – “Ich bin meine Maschine” (Raster Noton)
    8. Eomac – “Chob” (Candela Rising)
    9. Musumeci – “Paura” (Mannequin) / Joey Beltram – “Ball Park ” (Rush Beat Mix) (Tresor)
    10. Pjotr Klejment – “Black March” (Sleeparchive Remix) (Technosoul)
    11. DJ Punisher – “A1″ (L.A. Club Resource) / Prolife – “Overheated” (Sacred Bones)
    12. Profligate – “Video Tape” (Not Not Fun)
    13. Sharkimaxx – “Clashback” (Soma Quality)

feels as tho half my contributions to this thread concern the hyping of ancient methods. so be it

I know I've mentioned (gloated about?) this before, but when I saw the Haxan Cloak in London, the plaster ceiling on the building actually started to crumble and fall on the audience. :-)

that sounds about right. the show was incredibly loud in that basement--funktion one system in a 200 person capacity space.
    waka waka

So that was my first (brief...) visit the the Church on York... I expected it to not be well ventilated but, I didn't know it was in the basement.

Anyway, I don't know how anyone stayed in there for that show...you literally could barely breathe. We literally walked in for 45secs, all looked at each other, and walked out. Honestly not sure how safe that even was. There was more people juice floating around than any grimey warehouse rave I've been to.

Of course the show was on the hottest day of the week, meh... hopefully he comes back in the fall or for dB.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughSteez View Post
    haxan cloak's performance was completely arresting. yall need to check that out if you get the opportunity

that strobe destroy your eyeballs, ray?
    That show really was something else. Immersive is really the right word for it. The constant strobe was nutty.

Fuck, was it hot though. I was bathed in sweet by the end. It's an amazing sound system, in a tiny basement, but it could use some goddamn fans.

Asusu - https://soundcloud.com/fabric/asusu-...live-promo-mix

Tracklist:

Jeff Mills - Striping Effect (Axis)
    Szare - Volya / Action Five (Idle Hands)
    Zenker Brothers - Vamp Like (Tresor)
    Sleeparchive - Ronan Point 1 (Tresor)
    Batu - Castrol (Unreleased)
    Beneath - Worried (No Symbols)
    Black Mags - Badda (Unreleased)
    19.454.18.5.25.5.18 - When I Think Of... (Horizontal Ground)
    Pris - Scuff (Resin)
    Alex Coulton - Bounce (Pev Remix) (ytiviL dnuoS)
    Deuce - Cue Ed (Ostgut Ton)
    Pris - If She Cracks, She Bears (Forthcoming Resin)
    Kobosil - Path (MDR)
    Szare - Swarm (Frozen Border)
    Kowton - Jam01 (Beneath Remix) (Livity Sound)
    PH.2 - Constellation (Unreleased)
    Bruce - Sensitive (Unreleased)

Group'd Further Reductions' Woodwork which is Shawn O'Sullivan and Rose on vocals and released on Minimal Wave's sub-label Cititrax. Lots of dark spacey atmospheres mixed with a tad bit of rough analogue techno. I think many here will enjoy it.

Last Friday, Sven Vath ended up playing a 7 hour set from 1am-8am at Sankeys I'm glad to hear he'll be back in November for Time Warp New York If it's anything like this line-up (http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?521699), one can only dream....

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/15 Flying Lotus @ Terminal 5
    10/16 Flying Lotus @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick
    10/18 Ambivalent/Mike Dehnert @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Why does Time Warp purposely bill nearly the same lineup every year? What a boring festival.
    waka waka

Glad you LA folks are getting a Container show as well.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Look at that fucking July 19th show. http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=24940
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

July 5 - droid behavior v mount analog in LA

marcel fengler
    henning baer
    milton bradley (live as alien rain)
    sigha
    orphx (live)

wow

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Look at that fucking July 19th show. http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=24940
    need to see objekt again. I've given up hope of a vatican shadow show in sf anytime soon

waka waka

Well....now I want to come down to LA for the Droid Behavior - Mount Analog show. Henning Baer & Orphx and another round of Sigha/Marcel Fengler? Wow.

I can't wait to move back down to So cal, I didn't realize how hard LA's electronic music scene shits all over the bay area until I moved up here.

ehh ... LA has the bay beat for ug spaces but seems to suffer from a dearth of quality licensed venues. As for the talent on offer on a weekly basis, I see it as a push. Droid and mount analog have great things going but I don't otherwise find myself jealously ogling SoCal event listings on ra.

1) Brendon Moeller's set from Verboten last week opening up for Oscar Mulero, Speedy J, and Lucy

a recording of my live set at verboten in brooklyn this past weekend. all recorded except the first 10 minutes ;-) using elektron A4 and machindedrum UW mk2 and waldorf pulse 2. enjoy!!
    https://soundcloud.com/brendonmoelle...boten-may-2014

2) Great interview with DVS1

This is why I've waited for something like Output and Verboten to open. Thank you Zak for talking about this!!!

One of these things that set you apart is your deeper understanding of the relevance of the club's sound system.

I’ve said that the physical feeling of the sound system is almost as important as what you're actually hearing. This music - house, techno - is body music. It's based around a drum that repeats over and over. It's vibration and tones and pressure that you need to feel as much as hear. When I know I’m playing on a great soundsystem I can play so much more thoughtful and deeper. When I walk in to a smaller system, I’m almost compensating for the energy that's missing from the physicality of the sound and I end up playing harder music. My ideal set up is one that allows me to feel the music the same way the crowd does. I need subs, and tops in the booth to really feel that. I manipulate and Eq things constantly and the more I hear/feel the better the final result will be.
    http://www.tokafi.com/15questions/interview-dvs1/

3) Even 8 hour + set in February was an increidible journey, I can only imagine seeing him for 13 hours.....

What is the longest DJ set you’ve ever played?
    13 hours alone, 16 hours back to back with Marcel [Dettmann].
    http://www.xlr8r.com/features/2014/0...lock-talks-ber

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Tonight's the Bunker party!

We have some killer acts going on early and The Wick has cheap drinks, a food cart, and a nice outdoor space to chill, so skip the pregame and come hang out early.
    Set times:
    9pm - Patrick Russell
    10pm - Queens
    10:45pm - LÝt.te
    11:30pm - Kangding Ray
    1am - Magic Mountain High
    2:30am - Appleblim

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    ehh ... LA has the bay beat for ug spaces but seems to suffer from a dearth of quality licensed venues. As for the talent on offer on a weekly basis, I see it as a push. Droid and mount analog have great things going but I don't otherwise find myself jealously ogling SoCal event listings on ra.
    Ross and I were discussing this not too long ago and I'd have to agree with his sentiment. Bay Area is far more consistent in terms of booking forward-thinking quality acts. Interface parties are arranged 3-4 times a year, and Nuit Noire is still fairly new but are near par with Droid. For house heads Voodoo has a slew of events but less frequently now that Eduardo has taken his party national and international (adding yoga and cocktail events to his rotation, as well). Then you have a few other underground parties like Jack, Incognito and the fleeting States of Being. That Droid x MA lineup is very rare for Los Angeles and although Club Rhonda books quality acts once a month/every other month, that party is becoming a bit ridiculous to endure.
    Last edited by RoughSteez; 05-30-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    waka waka

I'm rarely envious of LA events and only see one or two things per year that we didn't get in SF that I'd even consider traveling for. SF has it going on right now. I already have serious FOMO regarding my move away....

That Droid x Mount Analogue party would be a nice lineup in any city. Hoping someone books the Grounded Theory crew in SF while they are out here...

Yeah, but the thing is when I got parties in LA the crowd is vaguely tolerable where as virtually every event I've been to in the bay area as of late features a bunch of completely clueless people who are just there to come to a nightclub. Not to mention this city recycles the same fucking three venues over and over and over.

I can get behind that criticism of the Bay Area for sure. Monarch/Publicworks....and what's the third you are referencing? I'd actually really written Monarch off for that reason and didn't go there for over a year but then the Xoar/Legowelt and VfTL show there ended up being really enjoyable with minimal crowd problems for me.

I've also heard that LA undergrounds are getting broken up quite a bit?

We don't have many venues. That's why they are recycled over and over and over.

The worst crowd I'd ever encountered at a show in SF is still not as annoying as the average LA show going experience has been to me. I guess I don't really care if people know what they're seeing, as long as they're not so trashed/fucked up that they're annoying.

When I was younger, I really wanted to live in London but after spending a decent amount of time there, I realize it must be heartbreaking to have all those good bookings and not want to go to any of them because people are so awful at shows.

Great feature article on Resident Advisor about Mike Servito!
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?2032

ps 7 hr set Enjoy,,,
    https://soundcloud.com/stroboscopica...trouw-07122013

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Brilliant!

2nd track - > Robert Hood - The Protein Valve B2

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152461284991675

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Happy Tuesday

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Inigo Kennedy - Vaudeville is one of the better techno albums I've heard this year and it seems to be a decent year so far. Streaming in full on soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/tokenrecords/...edy-vaudeville