Cut Hands
    Black Rain
    June 8th at Complex
    waka waka

Default Re: mnml --- tech

new blawan mix

https://soundcloud.com/#theclairvoya...irvoyants-show

some wild stuff in here. hopefully someone cobbles together a tracklist
    Last edited by Ross1492; 05-23-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Regis is coming ...

^^ ah shit
    waka waka

Brilliant Nate! Looking forward to your mix tomorrow

https://soundcloud.com/josefgaard/siren
    waka waka

Recondite in Detroit was one of the absolute best live PAs I've ever heard. That guy is truly gifted. I don't think it got recorded but here's another live set of his that's very good:

https://soundcloud.com/let-amsterdam...rouw-amsterdam
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughSteez View Post
    Brilliant Nate! Looking forward to your mix tomorrow

https://soundcloud.com/josefgaard/siren

Cheers glad you dig it! More new things in the works too

Here is the mix: https://soundcloud.com/donttrusthuma...bots-046-josef

Just had a big techno weekend in Berlin and while I knocked an item off my bucket list, I can't help but feel sad that it may be a long time, if ever, that I will experience techno in a similar environment again. Also, as much as Berghain is an institution for techno and all its lore and deservingly so, I actually enjoyed Stattbad more. While both had foreigners and granted I am one of them as well, it was less apparent at Stattbad. Berghain was intense as it should be but I liked the more intimate feel of Stattbad slightly more. Both had great crowds though and the music kept me going until the afternoon. Lungs hate me now though. Ok /unsolicited review.

Wow, man....who did you see at both places? I wonder if I'll ever make it to Berlin.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    Just had a big techno weekend in Berlin and while I knocked an item off my bucket list, I can't help but feel sad that it may be a long time, if ever, that I will experience techno in a similar environment again. Also, as much as Berghain is an institution for techno and all its lore and deservingly so, I actually enjoyed Stattbad more. While both had foreigners and granted I am one of them as well, it was less apparent at Stattbad. Berghain was intense as it should be but I liked the more intimate feel of Stattbad slightly more. Both had great crowds though and the music kept me going until the afternoon. Lungs hate me now though. Ok /unsolicited review.
    Okay, I'm going to pick your brain in Barcelona next week, as I'm headed to Berlin on the 17th. I'm going to try for a night/next day at Berghain / panorama bar just for the experience, but am more looking forward to about blank. Thinking of going to kater holzig too, Alland and Kenneth Scott are playing there, and while I've seen them enough times, I really want to check out that place.

Edit: I am FUCKING GIDDY about seeing Morphosis, Karenn, and Raime in the next two weeks.

I'm so jealous. I need some techno....maybe I should hit up Cut Hands at Complex on Saturday.

Uhm, you should definitely do that. Cut Hands was the best show I saw at dB last year. So good.

When you do go Cara, I think you'd really like it, even beyond the music. It feels like a more edgy and grimier Bay Area that makes it easy to get around and stay up late. Although seeing people who really love this music, which I always feel like an anomaly at home, is great.

More then happy to discuss Berghain at Sonar Heidi, I have a few observations but overall just followed the general instructions from google search. There is a weekly open air party in Berlin as well that is posted via Facebook. Search Open Airs in Berlin and sign up to get party details. Most of them are free.

Fri - Grounded Theory 22 @ Stattbad
    Henning Baer
    Sigha
    Untold - only an hour before I had to throw in the towel

Missed most of Roman Lindau as they opened up a side room that was playing more house and was a lot less crowded and cooler so I opted for that mostly but peaked in here and there for Roman Lindau. I don't know who was playing the side room as he was not on the lineup but he was a good change of pace to the banging techno (edit: Jon Hester). The venue was in the boiler room of an old public swimming pool that is no longer in use. Loved the venue and the crowd but there was one guy there who was an over zealous whistler. Looked like the Situation and kept whistling and humping the wall. That guy.

Sun - Berghain/Panorama Bar
    Jonas Kopp - caught the last 30min which was spent primarily scoping out the layout of the place and finding the bar and room as the dance floor was packed.
    Marcel Dettmann - Played 4hrs and caught big chunks of it. Was the biggest sounding techno I heard over the weekend. Place was going at it hard especially for the first couple of hours.
    Radio Slave - lots of people were here for him and I can see why. I would see him again when he comes to the states.
    Ryan Elliott (only 1hr before I had to throw in the towel at 2pm!)

Missed all of Minilogue (live) as they went from 4am-6am and I didn't get there until 8am when there was no line. Also learned from the week before that I needed to head over later if I was going to make it physically for the main acts but kind of regret missing Minilogue but I don't regret waiting in line. Also played but did not see were Joe Claussell, Deetron, Dinky, Matthew Dear, Aril Brikha (live). Berghain is on a whole different level with their Saturday lineups and I think this was considered just an average one.
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 06-05-2013 at 08:11 PM.

I want to see Sigha SO BAD. So jealous.

Only tourists go to Berghain on Saturday,
    Sunday night is for the real freaks

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    I was planning on giving a try sometime in the early hours of Sunday morning (like probably after 5AM). Bad idea? I'm not really that much of a trooper so if I'm going to stay there all day on Sunday, I don't think I could deal with getting there before that time.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I want to see Sigha SO BAD. So jealous.
    He was easily my highlight for the night although Untold was really enjoyable and was hard to walk away from but I'm not used to the up all nights anymore.
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 06-04-2013 at 10:06 AM.

I believe that! haha. I actually was tempted to head back Sunday night after I woke up around 9pm but the freak in me decided to eat a frozen pizza and get a kebap instead

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I was planning on giving a try sometime in the early hours of Sunday morning (like probably after 5AM). Bad idea? I'm not really that much of a trooper so if I'm going to stay there all day on Sunday, I don't think I could deal with getting there before that time.
    Yeah 5am or 6am is probably a good time to go. The line will start to thin out by then. I'm guessing they turn away most people around 2am-5am.

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    More then happy to discuss Berghain at Sonar Heidi, I have a few observations but overall just followed the general instructions from google search. There is a weekly open air party in Berlin as well that is posted via Facebook. Search Open Airs in Berlin and sign up to get party details. Most of them are free.
    Sounds good, my really tentative plan was to go to kater holzig for vakant night for a little while on Friday, then ://about blank for homopatik later on friday, the diynamic open air on Saturday day time. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the lineup for berghain & panorama bar on sat late night / sunday but honestly there is nothing there I feel is unmissable, and I may just go on sunday afternoon to take a look. I don't have a lot of patience for entrance lines - it's not that I have an attitude about being turned away, and more that I am just not committed enough to wait it out when there is other stuff to do.

I booked my return flight on Monday so that I would have the option of ending up there all night on Sunday night though

Untold was really good when I saw him last year. I don't know, I'm pretty good at, you know, not sleeping for days, but we'll see. I overdid it in Detroit (more mentally than physically), have been sick as fuck for the last week and can't believe I'm about to go spend another 2.5 weeks staying out all night every night. I hope it's worth the years I'm taking off my life.

I'm staying literally right next to Berghain, so my plan is whenever I find myself with free time over the weekend to go scope out the line and decide if it's worth it.

If you go really early, you can always get a stamp then return later. If they don't let you in for whatever reason, you could always try again Sunday morning.

I'm weirdly not that worried about getting turned away. Mostly because I am sure I'm not going to bother waiting for hours in line so it's not a big deal to me if I don't get in after a limited wait. Was considering stopping by for a stamp at like 10PM and then coming back very late. Are the stamps from Saturday evening still good through Sunday day time / night? My friends there gave me an unclear answer like that you didn't pay again but do wait in line again?

Met quite a few who did that from hostels around the corner (go early to get a stamp then return Sunday). I think 11am is primetime music wise but the line is small to nonexistent from 6-7am on.

There are a lot of cool venues around town. Unfortunately I haven't been to most of them but I want to check out Club der Visionaere before I leave since the weather should be getting better.
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 06-05-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

I never saw a line. Went on a Friday at 1:30am when Panorama Bar was only open. Lineup was weak compared to the many other things going on that night as well so everyone was spread out. 8am on Sunday there was no line as well but packed inside.

Sounds good, my really tentative plan was to go to kater holzig for vakant night for a little while on Friday, then ://about blank for homopatik later on friday, the diynamic open air on Saturday day time. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the lineup for berghain & panorama bar on sat late night / sunday but honestly there is nothing there I feel is unmissable, and I may just go on sunday afternoon to take a look. I don't have a lot of patience for entrance lines - it's not that I have an attitude about being turned away, and more that I am just not committed enough to wait it out when there is other stuff to do.

I booked my return flight on Monday so that I would have the option of ending up there all night on Sunday night though
    Hahah please make sure you go to Homopatik, such a fun party.
    They usually get going in the morning/afternoon mostly though, lots of action to watch

I'm weirdly not that worried about getting turned away. Mostly because I am sure I'm not going to bother waiting for hours in line so it's not a big deal to me if I don't get in after a limited wait. Was considering stopping by for a stamp at like 10PM and then coming back very late. Are the stamps from Saturday evening still good through Sunday day time / night? My friends there gave me an unclear answer like that you didn't pay again but do wait in line again?
    Yeah your Saturday night stamp is valid all the way till they close again on Monday morning.

Hahah please make sure you go to Homopatik, such a fun party.
    They usually get going in the morning/afternoon mostly though, lots of action to watch
    Yea, some friends who lived there last year told me that was their favorite party, and that they'd pick that regardless of who's on.

In the weeks leading up to this trip, I've been getting turned off of Berghain just because I'm not convinced the effort will be worth the payout, but I don't know... I feel some social obligation to at least try to go? It may depend if any of my friends there are willing to go. Glad to hear the stamp works through Sunday/Monday. I may try for that early stamp and then spend Sunday night there. I have nothing to do the next day except sleep on a plane for 12 hours.

With your party schedule, I would for sure be passed out after the open air. There was a Carnival block party the first day I got here and was passed out by 8pm. Pretty pathetic. I would say since you are so close you might as well check Berghain out at some point and your Sunday night plan is what I would do with your party plans. There are so many good options and cool venues I wouldn't make it a priority of the night if there is a lineup that interests you more elsewhere.

Ahh, I keep forgetting that we haven't really hung out that much and you don't know that I don't believe in sleep. We'll see how much I do though - I may not get that sleepy but I get anti-social and noise fatigued after a while. I'm hoping that being close to the venue means I'll have time to go chill out for a while a few times a day and otherwise make a marathon weekend of it.

waka waka